Alforev
VIP August 2018

Belt/No Belt

Alforev, on July 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 118
Saved Save

I absolutely love looking back at pictures of my dress. However, the one downside is that I don't have many pictures of my dress without a belt. I specifically told the consultant that I wasn't interested in wearing a belt with my wedding dress (I've never been one to look great with a belt around my waist because of my shape). When I fell in love with this dress, the consultant immediately tried to add accessories to make me feel like a bride and the belt was something she kept insisting on. I don't think I want to get a belt because I don't want it to take away from the dress (especially the buttons down the back) but I'd be interested in some opinions! How do all you ladies feel about wearing a belt with your wedding dress? Did anyone feel pressured into getting a belt? Which do you think looks nicer with my dress?

118 Comments

• Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag

Belt.

• MrsPreach2018
    Master August 2018
    MrsPreach2018 ·
    • Flag

I like it with belt!

• Alforev
    VIP August 2018
    Alforev ·
    • Flag

I wish I had gotten better quality pictures without the belt

• TwistedPrincess
    Super May 2018
    TwistedPrincess ·
    • Flag

Belt

• Amanda
    Devoted September 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Belt

• Alforev
    VIP August 2018
    Alforev ·
    • Flag

I think this is what bothers me the most. Doesn't the belt take away from the buttons? I just don't want to make a decision I'll regret. I will need to try on some different belts.

• C
    Beginner October 2017
    Chandal ·
    • Flag

From my understanding, they would shorten that and attach it to the dress so you wouldn't have the excess in the back! It would just look like part of the dress. That was a concern of mine as well and that's what I was told. Smiley smile

• B
    Just Said Yes April 2018
    Brenda ·
    • Flag

I had a similar concern with my dress. I like my dress with a belt but not in the back. It will be sewn in the dress so it doesn't interfere with my corset ties in the back. I think you should do what makes you feel better in the dress

• PHXBride
    Expert February 2018
    PHXBride ·
    • Flag

Sounds to me like you don't want the belt. Don't get the belt. I think it looks great either way. The back of that dress is amazing. If later you want to add it you can.

Although I do agree a different belt would be better.

• SaraJ
    Super November 2018
    SaraJ ·
    • Flag

The belt really brings it together, in my opinion. They should be able to attach it such that the buttons aren't covered.

• Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag

Belt!

• Morgan
    Dedicated November 2018
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

Love your dress! I think the belt adds a very nice touch to it! Gives it an extra spark.

Wouldn't the seamstress shorten the belt in the back and attach it to the dress? The ends wouldn't hang down and take away from the buttons

• BHW11
    Dedicated November 2017
    BHW11 ·
    • Flag

Belt!

• MnmsMonique
    Super June 2018
    MnmsMonique ·
    • Flag

Belt

• Shana
    Expert July 2017
    Shana ·
    • Flag

I like it with the belt

• Alexandra
    Super October 2017
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

Belt

• Ivette&Trevor
    Super November 2017
    Ivette&Trevor ·
    • Flag

Belt

• Emily
    Expert February 2018
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Belt!

• Rachel
    VIP September 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

It's def UO but I prefer it without the belt. It sounds like you do to. If so, skip it

• JonesPartyof2
    Devoted July 2017
    JonesPartyof2 ·
    • Flag

LOVE it WITH the belt!! Smiley winking

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics