Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Are you inviting your officiant to the reception?

Lynnie, on September 3, 2019 at 11:05 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 106
Saved Save

Are you inviting your officiant to join you at the wedding reception? Why or why not?

Are you inviting your officiant to the reception? 1

Photo from Wendy The Officiant in Cancun, MX

Next Question: Are you inviting exes?

Back to the Beginning: Who made the cut?

106 Comments

• Amy
    Devoted October 2019
    Amy ·
    Yes. Our officiant will be MOG’s boss so we know her pretty well. Her and her daughter cane to my bridal shower this past weekend
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    Our officiant is the husband/assistant of our DOC, so he will be there for the reception.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2020
    Samantha ·
    Definitely! My officiant is my mentor and friend. She is a judge so she will make a perfect officiant, but if she weren’t officiating she would be invited as a guest. We are also inviting her husband to the ceremony and reception.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    Yes! Our officiant is my brother so he was actually a guest first lol.
  • Amber
    VIP February 2020
    Amber ·

I hadn't really thought about it. I wouldn't think so, considering we are hiring him and don't actually know him personally. I do think I'll ask him if he'd like a plate to take with him maybe.

• Nicole
    Devoted September 2019
    Nicole ·
    View Quoted Comment
    So is mine!
  • Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·

Absolutely! If they would like to come, I don't mind at all! I will appreciate all they do for us on that day and that goes for the staff at the venue too!

• Kelsey
    Super September 2020
    Kelsey ·

I'm not sure yet. We have only so far spoken via email. I'm sure we will extend one to him and his wife but it's up to them if they accept.

• Erin
    Devoted November 2019
    Erin ·
    Yes. She is someone we know and someone we were wanting to invite regardless of whether or not she would be our officiant.
  • Kellie
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kellie ·
    Is that a thing? I guess if I knew my officiant then yes. But we don’t know ours personally so no.
  • Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·

Yes! Our officiant is a good friend who has a bromance type of relationship with my FW. He and his wife have been close to me for years and I couldn't imagine not having them with us to celebrate.

I'm also planning to invite our legal officiant to dinner with us after. I have known him and his new husband for a few years through a mutual friend. They are so sweet.

• Denise
    Super September 2019
    Denise ·

Yes, he's a family friend of FH's so he was definitely invited

• Ashley
    Dedicated May 2020
    Ashley ·
    Our officiant is also a groomsman and one of my fiance’s best friends (and the "wing-man" the night we met) so he’ll definitely be there!!
  • Megan
    Super November 2020
    Megan ·
    Our officiant is my father, sooo YES! Haha
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·

Not formally, but he's more than welcome to stay, and he knows that. I think it depends on what else he has going on that day. I hope he stays, we really liked him when we met

• Sara
    Devoted February 2020
    Sara ·
    Our officiant is one of FHs best friends. So yes he's invited.
  • Jess
    Devoted October 2019
    Jess ·
    Yes! our officiant has been a mentor in our relationship and mentored my FH when he was a kid as his youth pastor!
  • Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·

My husband's uncle married us, so yes, he was invited haha.

• Brittany
    Super May 2020
    Brittany ·

My officiant is my Grandfather so yes he will be there

• Sara
    Devoted June 2020
    Sara ·

We are either having a friend marry us or fiances uncle, so yes they are invited to reception either way.

Comment on this discussion