Katelin
Savvy July 2020

Anybody postponing July weddings?

Katelin, on March 14, 2020 at 10:29 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 29
Saved
Our big day is July 25th. We have everything planned out at this point. We are literally just sitting here waiting on our big day and now I am worried our vendors will start to cancel on us even though it’s 4 months away. I am a nurse and my hospital sent out an email yesterday stating that if anyone chooses to leave the country we will automatically be placed in 14 day quarantine.
I know it’s four months away, but damn. Do I start to post pone things or do we wait to see if this clears up soon? I’m trying to stay positive and my fiancé is very, very positive but thinking about postponing our big day is horrible😣

29 Comments

Latest activity by Angela, on March 18, 2020 at 11:06 PM
  • S
    Dedicated July 2020
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    I'm July 11 and we have no plans to postpone. We're also hoping that by then things will have calmed down and coronavirus will not be much of an issue.
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    I will say at that point you should be ok. If this goes on until July will need to be scared. If anything hoping by this time things are repairing and fixed. However I would move forward. Everyone panic but i feel July is enough time to see some improvements
  • Katelin
    Savvy July 2020
    Katelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope so too! I think we’re going to give it until June 1st and go from there. I’m thinking this will be blown over by then. I don’t know about you guys but our state has taken all precautionary measures such as shutting down schools, canceling concerts, etc.
    at the end of the day I’m hoping this was all blown out of proportion and we’ll be okay 😬
  • Rebecca
    Devoted September 2021
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is June 19, and as of right now we have no plans to change anything. I am concerned (probably worse that I’m a teacher and am out of school for at least the next two weeks because of this), but most likely it will improve as time goes on.
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes our state has done the same and at this point we are moving forward but we giving everything till April 15th to see if itll be cancelled forreal
  • Jeni
    Devoted July 2021
    Jeni ·
    • Flag
    July 11th here and still moving forward. We can reevaluate when it gets closer to sending out invitations.
  • Sylessia
    Dedicated March 2020
    Sylessia ·
    • Flag
    I’m July 7th and we are not postponing.
  • Perla
    Dedicated November 2020
    Perla ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is june 20th and we aren't worried and it's a destination wedding in Mexico. So I wouldn't be to worried try not to stress 😊
  • Courtney
    Expert July 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    I'm July 19, and we haven't thought about post poning. I did ask our venue who is also catering our food will the virus affect our wedding, and they told us they will still go on with business so that makes me feel better about things. As Long as I get to marry my best friend, I'm good with that! It's more so the honeymoon I'm worried about.
  • Katelin
    Savvy July 2020
    Katelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl me too! My fiancé said well run to the courthouse and get married if we have to! I’ve been waiting to marry him for 9 years so I’ll be damned if anything happens. I’m worried about the honeymoon too because that’s what we’re waiting on 😂 we are more than ready to relax on the beach as husband and wife
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Well here’s my thing about postponing - if you’ve not yet paid anything or aren’t gonna lose a whole lot, and no invites have been sent out yet.. then if it makes you feel more assured to postpone then do it. If not then I think you’re ok to leave it as is
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I would not postpone! Even the government is saying in 8-9 weeks thinks should be largely improved. Of course they don’t know everything but also given the fact that the crisis is basically over in China with that same amount of time, we can probably expect this to be over by May at the latest (I HOPE)
  • Courtney
    Expert July 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    😂 yes correct! I think I'll still be fine if no one shows up. We haven't paid anything in full yet, and we don't pay our venue/caterer until day of or day after so we haven't lost any money and hopefully we won't lose any money, but I'm sure it will pass soon, just a scare! We want to take a cruise for our honeymoon though but are thinking of waiting before booking those plans.
  • Erin
    Savvy July 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is July 11th and we have no plans to postpone or cancel. If this continues on I’ll be worried, but right now I’m continuing with my planning. I really feel this will be way more controlled and we will all be back to normal in a month or two. I actually just scheduled my final walk through meeting with my venue last night for mid June. If they were concerned or considering canceling I’m sure she would have told me we should wait to see what happens. We just need to take it one day at a time. It sure will make telling our grandkids our wedding story that much more exciting! Lol
  • Liz
    Devoted June 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    June 27th here! Not postponing yet! Keeping positive thoughts that we’ll be okay by then. Can’t say this is a not a bummer to be thinking about this when I’m supposed to be happily planning. My food tasting got postponed next weekend which was a bummer.
  • Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    Wedding twins! We are also July 25th. We are just watching at this point and will decide on things in June. I think it’s too soon to call it now.
  • Nicki
    Beginner July 2020
    Nicki ·
    • Flag
    We are July 25th too! You are way further along in your plans than I am, lol. We aren’t making any plans to postpone or cancel at this point, and hopefully by then we’ll be good to go.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    If this goes on for many months … My wedding is not going to be my main priority.
  • Jamasonmd
    Dedicated July 2021
    Jamasonmd ·
    • Flag

Mine is July 11th, I am not thinking about canceling anything. I am praying it all works out and virus stuff will start to dwindle away, like very, very soon!

• Kristel
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Kristel ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is July 20th as of right now I’m just waiting it out. I have no plans of canceling 🤞

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics