Skip to main content
Katelin
Savvy July 2020

Anybody postponing July weddings?

Katelin, on March 14, 2020 at 10:29 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 29

Our big day is July 25th. We have everything planned out at this point. We are literally just sitting here waiting on our big day and now I am worried our vendors will start to cancel on us even though it’s 4 months away. I am a nurse and my hospital sent out an email yesterday stating that if...
Our big day is July 25th. We have everything planned out at this point. We are literally just sitting here waiting on our big day and now I am worried our vendors will start to cancel on us even though it’s 4 months away. I am a nurse and my hospital sent out an email yesterday stating that if anyone chooses to leave the country we will automatically be placed in 14 day quarantine.
I know it’s four months away, but damn. Do I start to post pone things or do we wait to see if this clears up soon? I’m trying to stay positive and my fiancé is very, very positive but thinking about postponing our big day is horrible😣

29 Comments

• Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    Same wedding date as you and I’m not worried. Stay home, stay clean and keep wedding planning.
  • Bride123
    Dedicated August 2020
    Bride123 ·
    • Flag

Mines August 1 (week after yours) I won't be postponing. This will likely be seasonal (similar to the flu -- not saying symptoms or severity are) per a number of scientists in this area. I think by May this chaos will be wrapped up. There's a problem, but there's definitely some hysteria.

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Also a nurse and getting married the week after you. We’re not planning on cancelling and most of our vendors already reached out that business is still on. My main concern is I’m already taking off 2 weeks for the wedding and mini moon and if this virus is still going around, I will not be allowed back to work until after 2 weeks from returning from our mini moon in Cabo. I don’t think I can afford to be off that long. I’ve just been trying to stay positive and hope things will start to clear up by then. I don’t even think it’s an option for us to postpone our wedding if this continues till then.
  • Aimee
    Super July 2021
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    Mine is July 11th, I’m a nurse as well but my hospital hasn’t quite put that notice out yet. I’m going to wait and see.
  • Angela
    Beginner August 2020
    Angela ·
    • Flag
    I sure hope not! My wedding was 4/4 and today I had to Postpone til August 1 (1 week after yours). I couldn't do this again!!
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn't worry yet.
  • Katelin
    Savvy July 2020
    Katelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Us too. Both of our jobs are telling us we will have to be quarantined for 14 days WITHOUT pay unless we have the PTO to spare...we can’t afford that either. We’ve decided to wait until June 1st to reschedule, hoping that all this will be cleared up sooner than later
  • T
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Tanaye ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow, im sorry to hear that! Mine was 4/4 as well but we ended up postponing it to 07/11. This is the worse feeling. but im hoping everything works out the second time around.

• Angela
    Dedicated July 2020
    Angela ·
    • Flag

Our wedding is July 18th and we have not considered cancelling. Hoping and praying all is ok by then.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics