Mrsgreen2Be
Dedicated October 2019

Actual Upstate ny peeps? Anyone? Tri-county area?

Mrsgreen2Be, on October 25, 2018 at 3:46 PM Posted in New York Planning 0 10
Saved Save

Just looking to see who is in upstate. Feel like we need to come together to help each other out with this crazy wedding stuff lol

10 Comments

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi MrsGreen2Be! It's so exciting that you are planning your wedding and looking for other Upstate New York couples to plan with! While I'm not personally located there, I have spent many summers in Keeseville (close to Vermont), and love the area!! Where in Upstate New York will you be getting married? What are you currently working on planning?

• Mrsgreen2Be
    Dedicated October 2019
    Mrsgreen2Be ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We will most likely be getting married in a church in Clifton Park area (Saratoga County) and have the reception in Albany area (not in the city though) We're looking to do a 1950s theme for our wedding. Rat Pack inspired but still fun. We're inviting guests to dress up as well.

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow, that sounds incredible! I'm sure your guests will love to dress up if you ask them to! Smiley smile

• Shayla
    Devoted October 2018
    Shayla ·
    • Flag

Im in the capital area as well! We got married up in Bolton Landing. It was perfect! There are some really amazing venue choices in the Upstate area for sure.

• Mrsgreen2Be
    Dedicated October 2019
    Mrsgreen2Be ·
    • Flag
    So my venue is no longer being a venue for 2019....I’m so dang mad right now
  • N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    • Flag
    Wow that sucks. I’m in the capital area. What was your budget and guest count? I know downtown there are a few that do the whole package and also some other places.
  • Mrsgreen2Be
    Dedicated October 2019
    Mrsgreen2Be ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

At the venue we chose we could easily do it for under $4,500 but now I have to rethink my budget and date. We may go with Mazzone's in Clifton Park, NY. They offer so much in the packages and we would also get a room for the night which would be awesome

• N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    • Flag
    How many people will you have? I’ve heard good things about Mazzone’s they cater for the event halls downtown. Check country clubs if you are open to it. They can be surprisingly low.
  • Mrsgreen2Be
    Dedicated October 2019
    Mrsgreen2Be ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They are cheaper than the other venue and we get a room for the night! I’m getting very excited 😊
  • Mrsgreen2Be
    Dedicated October 2019
    Mrsgreen2Be ·
    • Flag

Update on the venue! We have an appointment with a new venue on Saturday. It is an overall better deal and we get a room for the night of the wedding! I am thrilled! Hopefully we will be able to make a decision over the weekend! Squee!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics