BecomingBailey
VIP August 2016

About to pull the honeymoon trigger....

BecomingBailey, on February 24, 2016 at 11:49 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 25
Saved Save

But, I'm terrible at making big decisions and my anxiety is runnin high! We are pretty much only looking for all inclusive. We keep going back to the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana because of what we can get for our money seems pretty reasonable. Plus we have some friends that swear by Punta Cana. But I'm afraid I'm missing a better resort or better place all together. We're looking at spending about 3k after all is said and done. Of course I have seen some resorts that look more fabulous but they also come with a higher price tag.

So my question to you is, where have you been that was all inclusive, honeymoon or just vacation, that you loved and would recommend?

25 Comments

• Lauren B.
    Master October 2015
    Lauren B. ·
    • Flag

We went to Galley Bay in Antigua, it was all inclusive and amazing. I recommend it to everyone!

We are going to Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana for our 1 year anniversary trip so it will be our first time in the DR. Can't wait!

• Almost a Mrs.
    VIP December 2016
    Almost a Mrs. ·
    • Flag

I'm not sure if this is happening to you, but I kept getting caught up on having the "best trip everrrr!" For my honeymoon and it was stressing me out. FW was quick to remind me that marriage doesn't mean we can't travel anymore! If you like the resort in Punta Cana, go and if/ when you find something you like more, start a list of places you want to visit and write it on there! A second honeymoon type trip would be lovely 5/10 years into marriage.

ETA: Hell, I've started looking at possible trips for our first anniversary (the school work procrastination is real) because we wanted to go to a few different places for our HM but couldn't do all of them. We might end up on a short weekend cruise to the Bahamas for our first anniversary.

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

Punta Cana is gorgeous. You won't be missing out!

Here is what you need: new hubby, gorgeous beach, unlimited cocktails, unlimited food.

Throw in some sunscreen, pepto, a good book, and some trashy mags for the beach.

Pull the trigger! Smiley laugh

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

Good call I should probably start lookin at it differently. Because yes, I am hoping for it to be the best ever and it's putting the standard real high! I'm just afraid we'll never be able to afford a big trip again hahah like the last hoorah.

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

Plus just the time away with the new hubs will probably be amazing whether it's there or in an alley haha

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

Going to Punta Cana in May for FH's 30th birthday. My first all-inclusive and I am excited. I don't think you'll be missing out.

Do not look at it as your last big trip, you will be able to travel again. Set up a plan and save for the other places you want to go.

• Amanda
    VIP September 2015
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We went to Couples Swept Away in Negril Jamaica. All in, we paid $4400. Plus we paid an extra $80 each for club mobei. And another $250 to dine on a cliff ledge at Ivan's, surrounded by 100 candles at sunset.

We chose that specific resort because there were plenty of excursions included. We figured it would save us money. Wanna know what dh and I did the majority of the time (outside of the room, of course!)? We drank while floating around the ocean. We didn't use most of the excursions. We came to the conclusion that all you NEED is a hotel room, a hot beach, and endless drinks! Punta Cana will be amazing because of the company you keep! Smiley winking

• SaraLep
    Master September 2015
    SaraLep ·
    • Flag

Never been to Punta Cana. I've been to a lot of all inclusive in and around Cancun. Been to Montego Bay, Aruba. I have been to Galley Bay in Antigua like Lauren. There is no wrong or right, it's only where you want to go!

• Stefanie
    Dedicated July 2016
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag

I haven't been to punta cana (yet) but it's been highly recommended to me! Also heard the best beaches are there!

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

Ok I'm feeling better! And I just did a little more research between a few hotels and again, back I go. Can't beat the deal.

• Stefanie
    Dedicated July 2016
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag

Yay @BecomingBailey when are you going? And what's / where did you find the deal?!

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

A few days after our wedding. I just did a crap ton of research all over the place. The room we want isn't listed on the deal sites like Expedia and such but I called the hotel directly and will call back to book. I would have loved to book through costco but we'd have to wait a few weeks to go and it's not really an option.

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

We considered Punta Cana because of the amazing resorts and you couldn't beat the cost. Ultimately we ended up ruling it out because of it being on the Atlantic vs. the Caribbean side. We talked to a lot of friends who had been there and even though they loved it, they said that the calm waters of the Caribbean were a better choice, because sometimes the water at PC was too choppy to get in. We ended up going to Jamaica. We have also been to Cancun several times and it is so gorgeous!

Anywhere you choose to go you will have a wonderful time with your husband!!

• JadedRaven
    VIP September 2016
    JadedRaven ·
    • Flag

@OP - I COMPLETELY understand your anxiety around this. It took me forever to decide on where to go. Easily the hardest wedding related decision I've had to make. FH and I finally picked a place last night and I booked it this morning. It feels SOOOO good to have that done! Now I must be *patient* until vacation...

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

@mrs b I guess I didn't realize that I may need to do more research.

@jadedraven yay! Where are you going?

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

@BecomingBailey, I didn't mean to add to your anxiety I'm sorry about that. Smiley sad I just wanted to give you our perspective as to why PC was not for us. For us being able to spend pretty much all day in the ocean was pretty important. I know a lot of people who go to the most beautiful islands and only stay in the pool when visiting and that works for them. So really it's what is most important to you and your FH.

ETA: with 3k you can get a pretty great deal depending on how many days you want to go. Smiley smile The first time we went to Cancun we went for 5 days 4 nights for under 2k for both of us.

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

I honestly don't know that we'll be in the ocean much. More so the beach and pool I'm assuming, knowing us. I have to remember, I can go back to a different spot! Need to keep reminding myself! Smiley winking

• Kels
    Master August 2016
    Kels ·
    • Flag

Pull the trigger you'll feel better!

I had so much "thinking" in my head about where to go.

But it's really about just spending quality time together.

Smiley smile

We are going to Hawaii plane tickets were $450 each RT and I'm using Marriott reward points for our hotel (I travel for work)

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

Don't worry about the water in Punta Cana. Seriously. Google some pics. Its gorgeous and you will be fine!

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

It does look awfully pretty! I searched some more places today including Jamaica and I just keep coming back to the same room at the same resort. Jacuzzi on the balcony with an ocean view plus adults only pools and bars/ restaurants. It looks like we've gotta book it!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics