World Trade Center Portland Reviews

33 | Portland, OR

33 Reviews for World Trade Center Portland

We had both our ceremony and reception at the World Trade Center. Marcelene, the onsite event coordinator, was an absolute delight to work with. She has decades of experience in the wedding industry and has a lot of wonderful ideas and tips to share. She was very careful to let our dreams shine, and only offer advice if she was asked. Mike, the catering manager, has been there for 15(ish) years and knows the ins and outs of the entire site. The bridal party and our families were very impressed with Mike and his team both the night of our wedding as well as through the coordination process. Lorne is the banquet manager and is an absolute dream. We had a couple day-of changes that he helped us work though without causing additional stress or concern to anyone involved. He was always a step ahead of us too; he has been at the WTC for 17(ish) years and has done MANY events onsite.
    PROS:
    Food: AMAZING. Everyone loved it. Our choices: Cali Cut Loin, Jamaican Jerk Pork and Cedar Plank salmon.
    Staff: each server and the aforementioned staff went out of their way to make our day super special. Mike even helped coordinate a bit onsite with the DJ to help keep things moving.
    Venue: we had our ceremony on the mezzanine level, overlooking the atrium. The space is small, which was perfect for our 140 person event. The reception was on the Sky Bridge Terrace. The photos on this site do not do the space justice. It was absolutely breath-taking, and as one of my guests said, it was a fairytale space with the lights wrapped around each column.
    Location: we lucked out with weather and were able to take pictures outside along the waterfront as well as within the venue. It was a perfect mix!
    Cons: Public: some of the space is always accessible by the public. This came into play when the groom and his groomsmen had some random lady walk in off the street to use the restroom. While there are signs that say "no public restroom" -just be aware that it can happen.

Alana · Married on 09/07/2013

The staff was flexible and worked hard to make things the way I wanted them. Wedding coordinator was easy to work with. I got many compliments on how beautiful the facility was.

tabitha · Married on 08/24/2013

This venue was beautiful, and the perfect setting for our wedding this last weekend. Carrie was phenomenal to work with and was so accommodating and quick with her replies to my countless requests/emails/demands. I definitely would suggest this venue for any wedding or party.

I had my wedding here on July 6, 2013. Everything went perfectly! Since this venue provides the food, we decided to do the different stations with 4 different types of cuisine. Our guests LOVED it. When we came in for the tasting, we were blown away by pretty much all the food we sampled. We had a very special request because my husband is Cuban we wanted one of the stations to have Cuban food. They were so easygoing about it and asked us to provide recipes and made an entire station based off of food we picked out that they don't normally make! It came out great and was a great surprise for the Cuban side of the family. We also wanted a signature drink that incorporated both our wedding colors (aqua and red) and the bartender was able to do this, no problem.

As far as the venue goes, you really don't need to do a lot of decorating on your own for it to look good. It really is impressive on it's own, especially at night with the lights. It also offers really pretty chairs which is different from a lot of other venues who have ugly chairs you need to cover. I had my wedding during the blues festival and I was a little nervous that sound during the ceremony might be an issue since the festival is only a couple blocks away, but everything was just fine! The only recommendation I have is that if you have your cake delivered, maybe have it stay in the conference room until the reception because we had ours upstairs in the reception area and it got a little melty. It's not their fault, totally ours but just a tip for anyone choosing this venue.

Overall I highly recommend!

Danah · Married on 07/05/2013

We worked with Danya at the World Trade Center, and she was phenomenal. Always quick to respond, she answered all of our questions throughout the planning of our wedding. Then on the day of, the catering staff was wonderful and always helpful. Everything ran on time, and the food was fantastic. Plus, the venue is beautiful. We loved having our ceremony and cocktail hour in the plaza. We had plenty of space and the staff ensured no strangers wandered through. Plus, it was not at all noisy, considering we were right in the middle of downtown during Blues Fest. And having our reception upstairs was absolutely perfect. The layout of the sky bridge terrace worked great, and we loved the twinkle lights and river views. It was the perfect night!

The venue was beautiful! The food was incredible! Our guests kept on commenting on how amazing the food was! The staff were all great to work with and friendly! Timely feedback when planning! Awesome view! Our only problem was that 4 of the poles of lights weren't working and the staff couldn't figure it out.

Amy · Married on 07/13/2012

Having our wedding at the World Trade Center Portland was the best decision we could have made. We began planning with Danya almost a year in advance, and the entire time she was gracious and helpful, always answering my questions and doing whatever she could to make our big day, ours. Besides cost being so reasonable for all that it includes, the venue is so beautiful and unique. Once our wedding day arrived it went flawlessly due to their diligent staff. All of our requests were met, and everyone was taken care of. From setup, to the execution of their catered dinner buffet, to the bartenders, to breakdown it was perfect. One simple thing they did made our day so relaxed: we were allowed to bring items down the night before, and pick them up the day after our wedding. For us this was a huge deal as we made our own centerpieces, had our own linens, etc. so in the end all we had to do was show up and enjoy our wedding. I highly recommend this venue and will cherish our memories of holding our wedding there.

Laura · Married on 06/24/2012

I was originally drawn to the World Trade Center by its appearance and atmosphere. My then-fiance wanted to get married outside, I did not want to risk getting rained out or having to switch to a backup plan at the last minute (it ended up pouring the day before and after our wedding, thanks Portland). The WTC has a great balace of feeling very open with the covered patio for ceremonies and glass-walled atrium for receptions, an amazing view of the downtown waterfront, and a cool architectural design that looks great rain or shine, day or night. This is the opposite of the dark, cookie-cutter balroom I was dreading. Danya, the wedding coordinator was great, promptly returning phone calls and emails, working around my schedule for meetings, and providing recommendations on vendors. They have an in-house executive chef for all the catering, and provide all the tables/linens/dancefloor etc. The food was creative and delicious, a rare find on the wedding scene. Mike, the catering manager, took great care of us on the day of the wedding, and everything exceeded our expectations. When you consider all the rentals being included, no hidden fees for cake-cutting etc, and discounts for off-day or off-season events, it was very affordable too. My husband and I got everything we wanted and more; I would highly recommend the WTC!

Casey · Married on 06/17/2012

The WTC was perfect. Danya was so great and responsive; granting all last minute catering changes. I got sso many compliments on how perfect the venue and food were. I highly reccomend this venue

Shannon · Married on 08/13/2011

I had my reception here and everything went very smoothly. Danya was great to work with, she was on top of things and she went out of her way to make all the details work perfectly. I also thought the chef there was amazing, was willing to try new things and learn new dishes for my reception dinner. Great place to have your event, highly recommend it!

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 03/26/2011

I am so beyond happy that we had our wedding at the World Trade Center. It was just spectacular. Our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful our venue was and how great the food was! Danya was extremely helpful and friendly throughout the planning process and the WTC staff that helped the day of were phenomenal! It was a beautiful setting for our beautiful day :)!

Brandee · Married on 09/05/2010

I have gotten so many compliments for our wedding being "enchanting" and it truly was. The World Trade Center is absolutely gorgeous. And I’ve also heard from almost all of our friends and co-workers how great the food was. That’s one thing that isn’t always guaranteed when a venue has their own catering staff but the food really was wonderful.

One of the added benefits is that it’s open air so it’s not stuffy and it’s fun to go outside and you can hear the music playing so it’s like all of the people on the waterfront can celebrate with you! We actually had a few people that even tried to crash the wedding but the security staff were on them immediately which was great.

We had a lot of people travel from out of town so we wanted them to really feel Portland and the World Trade Center allowed that to happen. We planned our wedding for over a year and every week I would annoy Danya with questions and she was always so friendly and helpful. They were also really flexible which we didn’t find with some of the other venues we originally looked at.

Lacey · Married on 07/24/2010

The WTC is an amazing wedding venue and we could not have picked a better place to get married. Danya and her assistant Lorna are extremely friendly, informative, flexible, and responsive. Loren and Mike head the catering and event crew and they are both helpful and passionate about their jobs. From beginning to end, WTC answered our many questions, accommodated needs, provided fantastic service and all for a reasonable cost. The view is gorgeous and the venue is so beautiful at night. They also offer a Chef's Tasting twice a year for couples to sample their menu, which was very helpful in making food selections. Thanks so much for helping our wedding day dreams come true!

Alissa · Married on 07/18/2009

Danya and the entire event staff were extremely helpful and accomodating. They were so helpful the day of the event when I had forgotten so many little things. Loren allowed us to set-up 2 hours earlier than we'd planned, Mike put out "Reserved" table plaques that I forgot to bring. He also provided the cake slicing/serving set which I also forgot, and walked us through every step of the reception.

• Jen&Lee

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2009

We were so pleased with the staff at the WTC! From the event coordinator to the catering and wait staff we were so happy and they exceeded all expectations. Our wedding was beautiful in every way, and we thank the WTC for that!

• Nazia

Nazia · Married on 08/28/2011

The place really made my wedding beautiful. The food was tasty as well. The staff were nice and accommodating to our needs!

Angela · Married on 09/26/2009

We loved having our wedding and reception at the WTC. It was a beautiful setting and the staff was amazing. The guests raved about the delicious food and delightful atmosphere. Danya was extremely helpful; she was always very prompt in answering any questions we had.

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2012

It was great! The food was fantastic, and the service (Mike and the banquet manager) were absoluetly the best anyone could ask for!!! When our set up crew was setting up they were trying to get clips for the tables and the service guys went out of their way to get them what they needed since they went to the coordinator/sales office and they were not helping them at all.
    I would say that it was very warm in the venue until the later evening so have your reception start after 6 PM if possible. If the WTC could have their corrdinator present at events or prior to the event starting that would help make things run smoothly with set up and assisting vendors.
    As for parking, if you plan on hosting have your guests have their invitation or some sort of validation they are attending the wedding, we had issues and some of our guests had to pay for parking even after we had paid for more then enough spots.
    Overall, we were pleased with our reception and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone else!

Sent on 07/18/2012

World Trade Center Portland's reply:

We are so glad that you enjoyed your reception, it was beautiful! We apologize for the parking issues, we have already discussed it with the parking attendants and management. In terms of your florist, we are sorry that she felt the office could not help her. We do not have the clips and therefore sent her to our Banquet Manager, who has the proper equipment. Again, thank you for choosing The WTC. Take care and congratulations!

Isabella · Married on 03/19/2011

The wedding coordinator here, Danya, is excellent. She is very knowledgeable and professional, and made everything very easy to arrange. The venue was beautiful, especially at night in the upper area, and the caterer they provided was fantastic - we loved the food, and the flexibility they offered in our menu selections.

The location is also very convenient, near hotels and the waterfront, for out of town guests.

Lisa · Married on 04/27/2008

The World Trade Center was the best part of our wedding experience. The staff was well organized and very easy to talk to. They were professional with everything they were a part of, and they made our day the best it could have been. Overall, they blew away our expectations, and it was well worth every cent.

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2013

We had our reception at the World Trade Center Portland and it was absolutely gorgeous. It was lovely how the wedding started in early evening and the room was light and bright then transformed as the sun went down and you could see all the white lights and the view of the river. We were lucky and our wedding was on the first night of the Rose Festival so we got the best view of the fireworks show in the city! The service was top notch. Every server congratulated my husband and I and asked if we were happy and if they could get us anything. The food was delicious! The only downside is that they had large heat lamps on to keep the venue warm but one was directly over the dance floor and was so very hot! We asked for it to be turned down or off but because it was set on a timer it could not be done. If you book make sure this is addressed!

• Liz

Liz · Married on 07/28/2012

We had a lovely wedding at the World Trade Center. I would highly recommend them.

The staff were incredibly responsive, flexible and kind. The location was beautiful and convenient. A great spot for an outdoor/indoor event.

Lam · Married on 07/06/2012

Location was excellent! Banquet Captain was very helpful and provided 5 star service on our wedding night. Food was delicious, our guests are still telling us how good the food was! Venue was slightly warm in the early evening for a July wedding, but once it cooled off, we were fine.

Ann · Married on 08/27/2011

We had our ceremony under the covered courtyard and reception following above in the mezzanine. The banquet manager was absolutely the best! He was there helping me and my bridesmaids set up my reception centerpieces, even though it was not part of his job. He had everything down, all the little details you would never think of, to make the evening go smoothly and help you transition from ceremony to reception. The food was wonderful and everything timed correctly. I walked away feeling it was worth every penny and the absolute best choice of venue for us. A perfect location if you have a lot of friends and relatives coming from out of town, so you can have them stay downtown, walk to and from the venue, along with have access to transportation to go elsewhere.