Weddings at LU Reviews

21 | Lynchburg, VA

21 Reviews for Weddings at LU

Sam · Married on 12/08/2018

Best Day Ever

Exceptional Service is an understatement. Weddings at LU went above and beyond to help me and my husband have the best day ever. When me and my husband celebrate our 50th anniversary, NO DOUBT, I would choose this place all over again.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Deanna · Married on 05/29/2017

The entire experience was wonderful! Everybody was so helpful and the professionalism and flexibility provided by the LU team were so appreciated as Joe and I worked through the finalization of time changes up to several days prior to the wedding! The LU team was a big part of the day was so relaxed and enjoyable. There is not one thing I would change! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Thank you, Deanna!

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2016

I would strongly encourage people to use this venue! The staff was so helpful and accommodating! The chapel and reception hall were beautiful! The staff answered all my questions in a timely manner and was so helpful! They made things run so smoothly during the rehearsal and the day of the wedding! They are fantastic!

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • F

faith · Married on 03/19/2016

They have a beautiful venue,and they are very helpful.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Chancey · Married on 01/16/2016

My wife and I had a ton of stress coming from many directions but the easiest process of the wedding was working with Liberty and Old Pate Chapel. Literally it was a flawless process. They even had a sound engineer hang around to help us with the sound.

Sent on 04/07/2016

Weddings at LU's reply:

Chancey, I am so glad we were able to help make things easier for your big day!

We chose the Old Pate Chapel/Bottling Co. for our wedding and reception and were extremely happy with how our day turned out! Meghan, the venue coordinator, was very helpful throughout the entire process. She took us step by step and eased our minds when needed. She made sure every logistical detail was planned for. Having one person to talk to really helped the process go smoothly.
    The venue is gorgeous, we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful chapel! The Bottling Co. was more than enough room for our 140 guests, 6 piece band, a nice size dance floor, and several buffet lines. The venue had plenty of additional tables on hand for our last minute requests, as well as many other decor items that could be used. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone we know!

Abby · Married on 06/27/2015

Beautiful venue! Everyone was wonderful to work with and helped accommodate all of our requests and helped make our day everything we hoped it would be.

Weddings at LU's reply:

Thank you, Abby! I'm glad we could help make it everything you dreamed!

I only used the location for my ceremony. I was able to pay half of the cost because I was an alumni.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Rachel · Married on 03/06/2015

Meghan and all of the 701 Thomas Road staff were incredibly helpful, they knew their stuff, and made the process easy and fun. I love them and would recommend any Lynchburg or Central Virginia couples take advantage of this beautiful venue and incredible help on their big day.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Weddings at LU's reply:

Thank you, Rachel! We always want to be a help and to make the big day go smoother!

Victoria · Married on 01/10/2015

The Old Pate Chapel was the perfect location for my wedding! I wanted to have my wedding at a chapel and this one is beautiful!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Thank you, Victoria!

My husband and I had a fairytale wedding and it could not have happened without the Old Pate Chapel team!

Thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Barbara · Married on 04/23/2016

Everything was perfect and the staff was helpful!

Sent on 06/23/2016

This was a beautiful place and had everything we needed. They provided 2 helpers as well that helped organize and guide our guests. I absolutely loved it!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Weddings at LU's reply:

Thank you! We're always happy to help in anyway!

Ashley · Married on 08/15/2015

I could not have been more pleased with this venue! I always wanted to get married here, because my parents got married in this chapel back in the '80s. Liberty has done a fantastic job with updating the space to be more beautiful than ever. The chapel is stunning, we didn't feel the need to decorate much in that space because it is so naturally beautiful. It was just the right size, the acoustics were amazing, the dressing rooms were just perfect ... I could go on! And the reception hall - wow. It's beautiful AND functional (just a few steps away from the chapel!), and the fact that the tables & chairs are already provided was a HUGE perk. Everyone was marveling at how gorgeous the space was. The team from Liberty was SO helpful; I loved knowing that a team would be there to assist with sound, lighting, and other facility needs. I didn't have to worry about a thing! The ONLY downside is that they do not let you into the space beforehand to set up/decorate. This all had to be done the night of the rehearsal/morning of the wedding, which, if not for my wedding planner, would have been very stressful. Thankfully, we found a way to work it out. Overall, I truly could not have been happier to have my wedding here.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Weddings at LU's reply:

Thank you, Ashley! Your wedding planner was amazing, and I know she helped to relieve a lot of the stress! Everything turned out beautifully!

3.5

Everyone was very easy to work with and the venue was beautiful.

Erika · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband and I only used this venue for our ceremony. It is such a beautiful chapel! The up-lighting they have looked so good! It was really hot the day of the wedding inside so we were sweating, but the staff brought us fans. The staff brought us fans to help that. The mic I felt didn't pick up the pianist very well so I couldn't hear the music coming down the aisle. Overall it was a great and beautiful venue. There is something special about a chapel!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Allison · Married on 03/25/2017

3.0

It was a perfect wedding. The venue was so beautiful that we hardly had to decorate, which saved us a lot of money. The air fresheners used in the chapel were rather overwhelming, though they let us take them out the night before and I didn't notice the smell the day of the wedding.
    We had a buffet-style dinner with tables and seats for all 130(give or take) guests, room for dancing, and still quite a bit of room to spare!
    Their response time through email was rather slow when I first started contacting them. I usually had to wait about a week between responses. As we got closer to the wedding however, they were very timely with time-sensitive things.

They're very nice and accommodating! I must have asked to tour the venue up to 10 times within 3 months before my wedding, and they never seemed bothered. I would definitely suggest this venue to anyone with or without a small wedding budget :)

Sent on 06/08/2017

Jacyda · Married on 09/03/2016

3.5

This is an affordable venue with elegance and class. The chapel is beautiful with some good lighting and decor options. The dressing rooms are very small, but the bridal party got dressed at my apartment and we were able to survive in the dressing rooms for about 2 hours before the ceremony.

The reception hall (The Bottling Co.) is updated and provides beautiful gold chivari chairs and nice tables. You will have to rent/bring in your own linens, decor, dishes etc., but if you go through the right wedding planner it is very affordable. The location of the venue is not in the most picturesque place in town, but other than that it provided a beautiful place for us to get married. It was also very nice that guests did not have to drive anywhere between the ceremony and reception. Also, note that this venue does not allow alcohol, but we are not big drinkers so that was alright with us (and more affordable for us too!).

Sent on 09/11/2016
  • I

Iyanu · Married on 08/19/2017

It was a lovely building and the services provided were good

Sent on 09/19/2017
  • I

Ivy · Married on 04/29/2017

4.2
      3.5

University Events was great to work with and Old Pate Chapel was a wonderful venue! I would recommend to anyone wanting a "traditional" church look. I was very happy I chose Old Pate Chapel for my wedding ceremony. The staff was great to work with.....thank you University Events!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 12/17/2016

3.5

As Liberty students, we wanted to get married at the Prayer Chapel on campus and have our reception nearby. The price was very reasonable and we were offered great service with all things relating to the Worley Prayer Chapel. We did have some issues with booking a reception space, but eventually a solution was found and we are grateful that the staff were willing to work with us to create a beautiful result. Though there was stress along the way, our wedding turned out to be perfect!

Sent on 04/05/2017