Unique Bridal & Boutique Reviews

35 | Deerfield Beach, FL

35 Reviews for Unique Bridal & Boutique

• jsalansky

Jillian · Married on 11/19/2011

I loved my beautiful Jim Hjlem dress! Chris actually picked it out and it was a perfect fit! Everyone there was incredibly helpful and didn't mind when I "popped in" to come see my dress ( it was stored there for 9 months). They also had great accessories too! Bought my purse, veil and flower for my hair there too!

Sent on 12/06/2011
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 11/28/2015

3.5

I love christy and her shop! My sister used her almost 8 years ago and a family friend almost 10 and we love her and her shop! She has gorgeous dresses and a very comfortable shop to go and just try on and enjoy finding what you like. Christy was amazing, her shop was amazing. They were helpful every time I had a question big or small. I got my own prom dress from her when I was 15 and now I am 24 and got my wedding dress too! I highly recommend her!
    Tip**The only thing I wish I had known was how much went into buying an off the rack dress that was not your size. I suggest to anyone thinking of getting an "off the rack" dress look at all that goes into it before purchasing.By the time I walked down the isle my dress cost as much as a brand new one I would have ordered in my size and I didn't know what it looked like until a few days before my wedding because it pretty much had to be taken apart and put all back together to become my dress. When I purchased the dress is was already sizes too big, a few months before I got married I did get sick and lost weight (about 10 lbs) so the dress did need a lot of work. That was all my fault for not looking into what went alterations before I bought it. so I suggest just do you research on alterations.

Sent on 12/30/2015
  • U

Ursula · Married on 02/25/2015

4.2

After try other stores around finally when to Unique Bridal and found the dress of my dreams, it was the first that choose but not the first to try it on, but when I put it on I knew that was the dress....and after that felling the best thing was the price this store has everything for every budget!!!!! Love them, and the girls are very very nice and professional they know what they are talking about!!!!!!

Sent on 03/23/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/18/2015

3.0

I have to say my dress from Unique Bridal was absolutely stunning!! I have gotten an abundance of compliments and I never felt prettier in my dress. However, we also ordered 10 bridesmaids dresses from their also because I was so thrilled with the service I got from ordering my dress from them. Not only did it take like 4 months for them to come in, NONE OF THEN FIT ANY IF THE GIRLS!!!! :( They ALL needed alterations which was an additional $30-$90 per girl. I was very upset because I felt that they measured me properly to make me happy, but measured them incorrectly to make money off of them...which they already had to pay for their dress, shoes, Bridal Shower stuff, ect. This was disappointing since the owner, Chrissy is extremely sweet and knowledgeable but this part ruined my experience.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Joy · Married on 09/03/2017

1.6
      2.0
      2.0

Ordered my (new)Wedding gown in March with Kristina for Sept wedding. Put deposit down of half. They called me in may for balance. No problem. Paid! July 23 ship date. After 1 month late and me calling (they dont answer phone often) i thought i was being "alfred angeloed". However i called and she said it was there. Yay! Right? WRONG! WOULD YOU BELIEVE SHE BROUGHT ME THE SAME TATERED DIRTY SAMPLE I TRIED ON MONTHS AGO AS MY NEW DRESS (in 12 when i ordered a 10)? This is now 3 weeks before my big day. T E R R I B L E. Alex was able to get me the same dress that another bride didnt pay for that had her customizations on it. (LUCKY ME, can you read the sarcasm?) 300 dollars later with 10 days until the big day, please wish me real luck that the dress fits and looks good in time! Ill say she did accomodated me w some free stuff but what happened to me here as a customer should never happen to a bride. Good luck!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Dana · Married on 06/28/2012

1.0

When I first purchased my dress, I was working with Danielle. She was wonderful! Halfway through the process we were told that they don't know when she would be working again. They were very vague. Meanwhile, the women I had to deal with we're horrible!! Cold, nasty, and did not give me the treatment that every bride deserves when purchasing a very expensive wedding dress!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Ketsia · Married on 12/16/2017

0.5

This business is ran by two scam artist look it up kristina dittamore and Dora Argyropoulos are the con artist who start up business and once things dry up pick up and leave don’t believe me look up Dora Argyropoulos online as well as look it up on Sunbiz the business is under Dora name as well as several other business that she scammed people out of money... Dora has defraud U.S banks 1.7 mill by creating fake business and bank accounts!!! Now unique bridal is closed they are lying about it being closed renovations they aren’t coming back the division of corporations has no proof of the shop being sold it’s all lie they work as a family... do not do business with them

Sent on 10/06/2017

K · Married on 12/04/2017

0.5

Like the other posters, the shop has been closed down for almost 2 months for "renovations". But we soon learned that 'Alessandria' - the girl who helped us with ordering our dress was no longer with the company and "stole" the money that bride's and other customers gave her. After looking into the company we also learned that the owner's of this company are complete frauds and that they have a history of stealing money!!! We're getting the cops involved and they will be hearing from our lawyers!

__

ST. LOUIS • A woman from Greece, and others, defrauded banks out of $1.7 million via fake businesses and bank accounts, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

Dora Argyropoulos, 59, of Athens, was arrested after entering the country in Miami and indicted in U.S. District Court in St. Louis late Wednesday on two counts of bank fraud, one count of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy to commit fraud, the U.S. Attorney’s office said.

Argyropoulos and unidentified “confederates” registered business names and then set up accounts in those names, prosecutors said. They would then return to Greece and utilize debit cards linked to those accounts, exploiting banking procedures and causing “massive overdrafts” and fees that totaled $1.7 million at at least ten banks, they said.

Argyropoulos, 59, of Athens, Greece, was arrested on November 9 in Miami, Florida upon her entry into the country. Late yesterday, she was indicted by a federal grand jury in the Eastern District of Missouri on two felony counts of bank fraud, one felony count of wire fraud, and one count of conspiracy to commit those crimes.

If convicted, each count of the indictment carries a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison and/or fines up to $1 million. In determining the actual sentences, a judge is required to consider the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, which provide recommended sentencing ranges.

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • Brittany & Andrew

Brittany · Married on 10/28/2017

0.5

My mom ordered her Mother of the Bride dress here back in July for my wedding that is in October. She was told it would arrive by September. When September came my mom try to call to check on her dress and it went straight to a voice message that said the store was closed for September. She went by the store and it was closed down. Supposedly for renovations. She was worried they were pulling an Alfredo Angelo. After 3 weeks of trying to call, text and going by the store she finally caught someone there. Two other irate customers were there demanding their dresses or money back. They didn't have my moms dress, pretty sure it was never ordered. She couldn't get a straight answer from them. After going back and forth with them she was able to get her money back. Thankfully! If you are thinking about purchasing a dress from them please beware!

Sent on 09/28/2017

0.0

LEDORA RUINED MY WEDDING DRESS! (yelp.com)
    When I arrived for the second fitting she had already permanently fitted the dress! The temporary pins where gone and she had sown the hems and body lines of the dress already. "What about the 3rd/final fitting I would have in a few weeks?? She replied "I asked you if it fit {during the first fitting} and if thats what you wanted and you said yes". I said it fit ok during the 1st fitting but I never agreed that would be the end all be all.
    Also, the dress was now a size too small. She replied "have you have been eating too many friench fries lately". To clarify, I'm 5/2 and weigh 97 lbs. we scheduled 3 fittings, now dress doesnt zip like in the 1st fitting,it lost its mermaid shape and the bodice was uneven/rumpled. She told me to leave the dress and she would fix it FOR AN EXTRA $180apprx!I had already paid so much for alterations in the first place, I was hoping she could fix her mistakes. She called me back 1.5weeks before wedding and told me to drive to Boynton Bch to pick the dress up from her house and to bring the fee in CASH. My dress was hostage! I knew this was a scam, I just wanted the dress back. I paid the $ for fear she would damage the dress further or not give it back to me. Ask Christie- her only resolution was to bring the dress back to Ledora for "more adjustments".(2 days before wedding) No way! I'll take whatever shreds I have left to an emergency tailor. You can call Jacks shoe repair/Pepe's Alterations Coconut Crk and inquire about this incident because they saw the damage done to the dress by Ledora.They found a mess inside the dress- uneven cut, messy stitching. There wasnt much fabric left to let the dress out but Pepe took it apart and made the dress look and fit much better. You can message me b/c I have pics of the damage BEFORE repair. After our honeymoon, we got a postcard from Unique Bridal offering wedding dress preservation pricing. lol.

Sent on 01/12/2013