Studio Four Photography Reviews

75 | Parrish, FL

75 Reviews for Studio Four Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Because we were out of state, my (now husband) and I Facetimed Horatio and within minutes we knew he was what we needed. Easy to talk to, a great listener, and his input and opinions were extremely helpful. On the day of the wedding, he didn't disappoint. As the bride, I had Horatio, and the groom had his assistant, Hobbs, for pre-wedding shots. Horatio was completely unobtrusive and half the time I didn't even know he was taking photos. He worked tirelessly behind the scenes and had me and the bridesmaids laughing the entire time. He'd communicate his inspiration and craft shots, often things I hadn't thought of. And as for Hobbs on the groom's side, he was also terrific. As a funny aside--none of the groomsmen (or groom) knew how to tie a bow-tie from scratch. The pictures of them YouTubing this were hilarious, but even better, Hobbs personally tied all of their bow-ties. That is going above and beyond!

Lastly, and especially to prove Horatio's greatness, we had an outdoor wedding and had an unexpected sun shower during the ceremony--so unexpected that there was no time to duck and cover. My dress was ruined, the guests and the wedding party were drenched, everyone's hair was soaked--and we still had an entire rehearsal and party to get through. I was very close to freaking out, but Horatio came running up to me and said "I got the most fantastic photos in the rain, you're not going to believe it." It made me feel instantly better, and now that I've received the photos, he was right. They're actually the best photos of the night, because they're so candid, so natural, so unexpected... exactly what I wanted for my wedding.

I know this is a long review, but anything shorter from me would've done Horatio and his team a disservice. They were terrific, especially in a crisis, and were more than happy to go above and beyond their duties and make my and my husband's day so special. I highly recommend Studio Four!

Kelsee · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I are very shy when it comes to pictures. Horatio made us feel like we had known him forever!! We met for the first time the day of the wedding (we live in different states).
    He was a fantastic photographer. The pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous! I received them very quickly (9 days!!!!)
    We will use him for all family events, even when that means flying him into Houston!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Studio Four Photography's reply:

Awwww! Thank you Kelsee and Billy. I absolutely loved being a part of your celebration and being trusted to documented. :)

Krista · Married on 01/20/2016

What can I say about H and his team ??? Wow Wow Wow what a fantastic group of professional photographers. I knew that I was in for a lot of photos however H and his crew made my day just flow. Right before stepping into the ceremony, I froze and literally could not move, I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Horatio put his camera down, grabbed my hands and asked me to look into his eyes as he helped me move to the center of the isle. His words: "now, the next eyes you'll see will be Rob's waiting for you at the end of the isle. Lock your eyes on his and feel every moment. I promise you'll make it to him. (I get teary-eyed again just writing this). I'm not sure I would've been able to move without his help.

The photos are awesome and everyone commented how lovely they all turned out. They didn't mind other people taking photos and had as much fun as we did with our family and friends. He even sent me a few of his favorite pics before the end of the night!! I would highly recommend Horatio without hesitation.

Horatio: You are family now. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Natasha · Married on 01/15/2016

Words cannot describe how wonderful H and the team at Studio Four Photography are. They really care about making your wedding special and try to get the best possible photos with every bit of time possible. There isn't enough space here to explain how happy we were! :)

lora · Married on 12/31/2015

Studio Four is an amazing team. I found dealing with Horatio and Hobbs very easy and was happy with my decision right away. The photographs are amazing! I will cherish them forever. The little rain we had didn't damper the day, they turned it into brilliant and amazing shots.
    Very Happy.

Rebekah · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I just got back our first samples of our wedding photos by Horatio of Studio Four Photography. I was prepared to be highly impressed by Horatio's work as I had seen samples before but I was not prepared to be absolutely blown away! Horatio easily and effortlessly captured the love between my husband and I, and had a fantastic eye for spectacular photos. I did not give him a list of shots I wanted as I wanted him to feel free to get creative. What a good call that was; these are way better than the prim, typical poses I had in my mind.

Horatio was wonderful to work with; he was hilarious, very calming, and put us all at ease. I remember the first day my then fiancé and I went to meet him; I was nervous but the instant he opened the door to our knock I was instantly comfortable with him and knew immediately I wanted him behind the lense at our wedding.
    Seriously I did not notice him at all during the ceremony, and not just because I was the bride; he was out of sight the entire time. I can't stand when photographers are getting in the way and being distracting, and that wasn't Horatio.

My bridesmaids were in awe upon discovery that he carried with him not only camera equipment but Bobby pins, safety pins, a sewing kit and even some fruit in case we got hungry. He made us laugh so much, and he was very respectful of our wishes.

I would absolutely without a moment's hesitation recommend Horatio to anyone and everyone in need of a photographer. He was prompt, easygoing, relaxed, and funny. Please, if you aren't seriously considering him, give him a call or shoot him an email now. I promise you won't be disappointed. :)

Starr · Married on 02/07/2015

I have two children. This was our first wedding and I was at a loss as of who or what to do. I am so very glad I found studio four to take mt baby girls photos. She is beautiful and every photo shows that. H. Was so professional and kind. He fit in with everyone and made my family feel special. We are a very laid back family and he fit right in. Thank you so much for making my daughter and son-n -laws wedding photos the best.

Jennifer · Married on 12/13/2014

Horatio and his assistant were absolutely wonderful for my wedding on 12/13/14. My husband and I are from Kansas and planned a destination wedding in Naples, FL. I was immediately impressed with Horatio's work and contacted him to photograph our wedding! He was helpful and responsive to my questions and emails I sent his way! Horatio was so fun to work with the day of my wedding! He had great ideas for pictures and made sure to capture all of the little but important details of the few hours leading up to the ceremony! He has already sent us some previews of the pictures that he took and they are breathtaking! I have shared them with familiy and friends and they are in awe of how great the pictures look! I am so excited to see the rest of the pictures he took during our big day! I have nothing but great reviews and high ratings for Horatio! I would HIGHLY recommend using him as a photographer for your upcoming wedding!!!

Jamie · Married on 09/27/2014

Studio Four is definitely the way to go for wedding/engagement photography if you are anywhere in the Tampa/Sarasota/Anna Maria/Parrish area!!! Horatio is absolutely outstanding!!! My husband and I live in Atlanta and married at The Sandbar in Anna Maria. We planned the wedding almost entirely from a distance and never once felt uneasy about our photography decision. Not only did Horatio work hard to make time to meet with us every single time we were in town, he also coordinated multiple phone dates and answered emails almost immediately. Fast forward to the day of our wedding and it is pouring. Like torrential rain! It didn't even matter though. Horatio and his assistant photographer, Hobbs, did an absolutely amazing job. Not only did they both calm my nerves about the rain, but they also took amazing and gorgeous pictures of the entire day/night. Horatio is extremely personable, comforting, professional and not to mention hilarious. Our biggest point to brag on is the fact that Horatio does not drag you away from your own wedding to take endless posed and staged photos. He makes sure to get essential bridal party/family photos, but really focuses on catching the moments that truly matter throughout your big day. This was huge for us and we loved getting to relive every precious moment Horatio and Hobbs caught on film. Wedding photos were one of our absolute biggest concerns during wedding planning and Horatio and Studio Four definitely did not disappoint. Thank you for capturing the fun and love during our night!

Horatio with Studio Four Photography was absolutely fantastic! I personally don't enjoy taking pictures all that much, but Horatio is so energetic and complimentary that it's impossible not to have fun with it. He really makes you feel like you're the most gorgeous bride ever to walk the earth (and what bride WOULDN'T want to feel like that on her wedding day?). We have not received the full album yet, of course, as the wedding was only a week ago. But he did show us several samples and they looked INCREDIBLE. He even texted a number of them to us before he left that day so we would have some to share right away with the friends and family who couldn't attend a destination wedding. To me, I think if there's one thing in a wedding you don't want to scrimp on, it's the pictures. The whole day happens so fast that you don't get a chance to process everything. The photos are the memories. Without them, I'd likely forget so many wonderful parts. I cannot say how happy I am to have chosen Studio Four to help me remember it all. Thanks Horatio!

Russell · Married on 04/05/2014

StudioFour provided excellent and professional service before, during, and after the event. They were great to work with and did an outstanding job capturing the important moments of our wedding.

• W

wendy · Married on 12/28/2013

Horatio was amazing to work with!! We knew after meeting him for 15 minutes he was going to be our photographer! He not only was an amazing photographer but also a essential resource for last minute things ie...I needed a safety pin he had it...I needed a Bobby Pin he had one. I know that if we EVER needs photos done again we would use Horatio in a heart beat!

Amanda · Married on 11/16/2013

After all the guests have gone, the dance floor is empty. The tables closed up, chairs folded down. All the flowers have died. What do you have to remember the day? You have your memories, no one can ever take. You have your beautiful dress, which you will probably never wear again. But what happens when you have children and grandchildren and you try to explain how it all started when the love story was made official in front of God, family and friends? Sometimes the words are hard to find when trying to explain a love story, now aren't they? But what If you had something that captured the moment that you could share forever? As we sit here looking at these pictures from our Wedding day. We love EVERY SINGLE PICTURE. That's when you know, you've hit the jackpot! The big day is here, and what does H do? He'll prop you up against a door frame and go to work and the whole time all you hear from him is "omg I'm loving this" or "this is amazing, stunning really." Horatio makes you feel confident and that "I can walk down the aisle in front of 150 guests no problem.” Horatio is a professional photographer. That's his title, but what he really is, along with being a super human being and awesome photographer....he is a Coach. He saw something in my face that showed all of what I was feeling on the inside. No one else had noticed, saw, or said anything. And that my friend is why he is a "Professional." He stopped taking pictures for a moment and said “you need to let go of all that stress. I'm not telling you this just so we get good pictures; I'm going to get beautiful pictures anyway. I want you to take a breath and enjoy this moment and this day. I want you to do that for you. You will never get this back, so enjoy it." What he said to me will stay with me forever.It didn't just apply for our Wedding day, I think about it daily. Live right now, enjoy this moment, stop worrying about tomorrow and enjoy today. We can't say enough about Horatio and Hobbs too!

Horatio was fun to work with and very easy to talk to in general. He was prompt, fun, easy to work with, and has affordable packages. He also comes prepared for last minute problems too - that little sewing kit was handy. I can't wait to see the pictures and get working on the photo book.

Tana · Married on 07/01/2013

I would highly recommend Studio Four Photography, Horatio is awesome! I was very nervous when picking a photographer because I always take horrible pictures, freeze up, and close my eyes. I needed someone who could make me feel relaxed and capture some great pictures. Horatio did a fantastic job! He is very professional, makes you feel comfortable, and takes absolutely amazing pictures! On our wedding day, it rained all day and we were forced to move our beach wedding indoors. Horatio showed up at the condo where I was getting ready to take pre-wedding pictures and while I was getting ready he offered to come back that week to take our beach pictures! I was so happy, it made my wedding day! Horatio went out of his way on a holiday to come back to do a sunrise session with us, so we could go back to Ohio with awesome beach pictures! He has shared some of the photos with me already and they are gorgeous! My family and friends absolutely love them and have nothing but positive things to say about Horatio and Studio Four Photography! Look no further, hire Horatio for your engagement and wedding photography! You will not be disappointed in his work!

Tana and Drew Moody

Mr. Franco was on time and very professional. My whole family enjoyed working with him as he has a great personality. I was amazed at the number of pictures that were taken. He captured the whole day in the fun, craziness, spiritual beauty and solemnness of a traditional wedding. After the big day, it is wonderful to be able to go back and re-live those special moments.
    Mother of the Bride

Crystal · Married on 04/20/2013

Horatio was fantastic! His style a professionalism put him well ahead of the other photographers out there! Thanks so much H for capturing our special day, we couldn't have asked for anything more! -The Weavers

Lillie · Married on 04/13/2013

Nafelli & Ken's Wedding Pictures
    If your desire is to capture and keep the precious moments before, during and after the ceremony, then call Horatio of Studio Four Photography. I did quite a bit of research before I found him. Some of the pictures I saw on his website had me laughing and some brought tears of joy, because he is able to capture the feelings and emotions of those special moments. Then, as soon as I heard his voice on the first call I could sense his charming personality. While getting all the final details together before the ceremony, we were feeling some nervousness and a bit of tension. Horatio showed up like a big wave of calmness with that big smile of his and then he started capturing the details. My daughter has always been a bit camera shy but he captured her in such a beautiful way. One shot in particular I use as my iPhone home page. He had her sit by a mirror and gaze out the window. I get the exact same reaction from every person who sees it. “OMG! Is that your daughter? It looks like a Vogue magazine cover!!” If the bride is camera shy, Horatio can help her relax and enjoy. He was even thoughtful enough to take a picture with his cell phone and text it to us right there, so we would have something from him while we waited for all the pictures. He is an extraordinary photographer and fun to be around. What more could you ask for?

Mother of the Bride

Anna · Married on 03/23/2013

Studio Four Photography shared our special day. Jose was great. He was very professional, courteous and accomodating. Horatio provided us the definition of customer service. Horatio and Studio Four Photography made our wedding day a very special memory that will be with us always. Tony and Anna thank YOU. We would highly recommend Studio Four Photography as they place the customer service and experince first!

Kelly · Married on 02/16/2013

Loved Horatio! I emailed a few wedding photographers when I was doing research; Horatio was the first to respond and was quick to respond to all communications thereafter. He showed up right on time at our hotel on the day of the wedding (we even moved the ceremony up an hour due to the weather), and battled the gale-force winds with us on the beach that day. Normally, I hate having my picture taken, but Horatio is very relaxed and makes you feel relaxed too. I feel like I got a good sense of his personality when reading his website, and his pictures were beautiful. Those were ultimately the reasons I chose him and I'm glad I did. I won't see the pictures for a few weeks, but I'm sure they are fantastic!

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2012

Horatio is seriously awesome. We really can't say enough about him. My biggest concern for my wedding was finding and hiring the best photographer. When he came up to Tallahassee to shoot our engagement session at our alma mater, we knew we had picked the right photographer. He has a wonderful personality, is professional, and captures amazing images. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. When it was storming for my outdoor wedding, just knowing Horatio would be there to make our makeshift venue look beautiful on film was a calming influence. Part of the reason our photos turned out so well was because of how much fun he is to shoot with. He is the only person who has ever shot a professional photo of my husband ACTUALLY smiling. We feel that the photos he took truly represent who we are as a couple. My friends loved the photo booth! If you're considering hiring someone else, don't. Hire Studio Four, you absolutely will have the best experience and you'll love the pictures.

Kim · Married on 06/09/2012

While planning a destination wedding on the beach, one of the most challenging aspects of the entire process was finding a fabulous photographer that could capture the true heart and meaning of our wedding through their photos. After countless hours of online research and a few in person interviews with other photographers (who obviously didn't meet my expectations), I stumbled upon Horatio's website. After reviewing his portfolio I knew without a doubt he was who I wanted to photograph our wedding and our initial meeting just solidified the deal! Having just received the photos from our wedding, I honestly know I made the best decision of my life by hiring Studio Four Photography! Horatio and Veronica captured EVERY tiny detail of our wedding, going above and beyond my expectations, which obviously were high to begin with :) Furthermore, many of our guests commented after the wedding that they didn't even realize we had a photographer....just what I was going for! I always hated attending weddings where the photographer is obnoxious looking and always in the way making people pose...how silly!
    That being said, if you having any doubt in your mind, get over it and hire Studio Four! They will without a doubt provide amazing and exceptional quality service and provide you with some of the most beautiful pictures that truly capture the heart and meaning of your special day! My thanks to Horatio and Veronica for sweating their balls off on the beach at 5:00 PM to get the job done. We can't thank you enough for all you have done!

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2012

Jose, our Studio Four Photographer, was absolutely awesome! He was very attentive, had great ideas for photos, listened to our requests but also kept us on track. He had a very fun and pleasant demeanor and was extremely professional. Although we have not received our pictures back (it's only been 10 days since the wedding) I am more than confident that he took amazing pictures and did a job well done. We were so pleased with our choice to hire Studio Four Photography for our wedding pictures!

Annie · Married on 05/05/2012

If you are considering Horatio as your wedding photographer - HIRE HIM!!! Horatio is friendly, easy to work with and a true professional. Horatio was able to capture every special moment of our big day. He also made an effort to photograph the smaller things that made the wedding “ours”. My Mom and I did a lot of D.I.Y. projects and I was worried Horatio wouldn't get shots of them but he did!!!
    As you can tell from his website Horatio knows how to use a camera. He uses lighting and angles to obtain the perfect shots that create timeless photos. If you hire him you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sahar · Married on 04/29/2012

If you want the best photographer out there, you need to go with Horatio at Studio Four!! My husband is an artist and so picky and fell in love with their work! You will not be disapointed!!