Strouse Photography Reviews

20 | Midlothian, VA

20 Reviews for Strouse Photography

Maggie · Married on 08/25/2018

Allie and Brad were amazing photographers to work with. After watching them as my sister's wedding photographer and seeing the beautiful pictures she had it was no question we wanted them to be our photographers! They were so easy to work with and made sure we got all the pictures we wanted, while also making sure we got to really experience our wedding. It was amazing to have TWO photographers on our wedding day to make sure that we got every moment captured. Both Allie and Brad are so talented and we were very happy with all of our pictures- it was hard to pick our favorites! They truly captured the essence of our wedding day and I will cherish every picture they took for years to come. Furthermore- Allie and Brad are fun to be around and they made taking pictures a fun experience (which is saying a lot because my husband hates taking pictures!) I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a great wedding photography experience!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Strouse Photography's reply:

Maggie & Steven, it was a pure honor to shoot your wedding. Thank you for welcoming us into your lives after having met us at your sister's wedding. We love working and being with your family!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/07/2018

Not your average wedding photographers

Allie and Brad Strouse are the most incredible individuals we had the pleasure of working with for our wedding. We met them at the Richmond Bridal Show, and after meeting about 10 other perfectly wonderful photographers, there was an instant connect to Allie and Brad. Their upbeat personality and can do attitude made us so confident that they would not just be great photographers, but great advocates and advice givers for our big day. They were always willing to share tips or suggestions before the day of. Additionally, being an over planner myself, I was so impressed at how much time they took to get to know what we were looking for and how our big day was going to play out. When it came to the actual wedding day, it was more like having another friend around to celebrate with. They make it so comfortable, that the process of taking all the different photos was so enjoyable! They captured our most important memories in such a professional, elegant and beautiful way that we are endless grateful for them and their hard work. We absolutely loved working with them and are quick to recommend to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2018

Allie and Brad are the BEST!!! I absolutely loved working them. They make you feel so at ease and are a lot of fun! They answered all of my questions and were always very quick to respond. When choosing dates for the engagement shoot they gave us plenty of options and were very flexible. We had a couple check in meetings prior to the big day which helped everything go smoothly day of. They are incredibly organized and know exactly what they are doing. The family photos after the ceremony were done in no time and we were able to enjoy the majority of cocktail hour. I couldn't believe how quickly our wedding photos were done - I expected to wait much longer!! Our photos are GORGEOUS and I can't stop looking at them! I couldn't imagine choosing anyone else for our engagement/wedding photos. Allie and Brad, thank you so much for everything - you guys are awesome and we have these beautiful memories of our wedding because of you!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Strouse Photography's reply:

You and Tommy were the sweetest, most easy going couple! We loved working with you! Thank you!

KAITLYN · Married on 10/07/2017

Allie and Brad were amazing from the first minute that we met them! We first ran into Allie and Brad the Richmond Bridal Show and could instantly feel their upbeat personality and caring hearts. We quickly booked Allie and Brad for our engagement shoot and our wedding. The Strouses' are so calm and supportive and easy to work with. They work quickly and efficiently to capture all of the day's special moments - posed and candid. They were so fun to work with and mingled in well with the guests during dinner and the reception to make our day truly special!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Strouse Photography's reply:

We instantly LOVED you guys!! Can't wait to see you again at your sister's wedding! Thanks for the sweet words!

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer and can't say enough about this husband and wife duo. They are so fun loving and we could truly be ourselves with them- which reflects in the pictures. They always responded immediately to any questions and had meetings with us so we knew what to expect. We got so many compliments- people stated that they seemed to be everywhere at once and were amazing. We are not the most photogenic people so we loved that they helped us out with poses, where to stand, where to look etc this made such a difference. They even got us a quick sneak peak just a few days after the wedding- we were blown away. Every picture was amazing, from group shots to action shots to ring pictures- I don't know how they do it! We were so lucky that we had them as part of our wedding day- we feel like we hit the wedding photographer jackpot!!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Strouse Photography's reply:

This means the world to us! Thanks, Jessica and go Hokies!

Leah · Married on 09/10/2016

Alli and Brad were seriously one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. They were absolutely wonderful. They really seemed to care about capturing our day the best they could. We met with them multiple times before the wedding so they could get really get a feel of us and the wedding theme. Usually I feel awkward during photo shots, but they made us feel so comfortable and natural. And the photos look phenomenal! We highly recommend this team to any couple.

- Leah & Sam

Sent on 09/13/2016

Strouse Photography's reply:

You just made our day! Thanks so much for the sweet review, you guys!!!

Samantha · Married on 05/17/2016

Brad and Allie did such an amazing job on our pictures. I was super nervous going into the photo session because I always feel like I have a silly fake smile plastered on my face, and it takes ten times longer than it should to capture a good picture. But as soon as we got there all of my worries went away. Allie and Brad told us exactly what to do and how to pose, so all the guess work was done. They both used funny voices to make us laugh and have genuine smiles on our faces. Allie and Brad made the entire experience fun and easy, and changed my mind about having to pose for pictures. I'm thankful to know that taking photos doesn't have to be a nightmare, you just have to find the right photographers!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Strouse Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the sweet words! :-D

Jenn · Married on 09/26/2015

Allie and Brad are simply AMAZING. We knew as soon as we left our first meeting with them that they had to capture our big day. They were always available to answer our questions, offer suggestions and just calm our nerves. We were nervous going into our engagement session since we had never really had portraits taken but they made us feel so comfortable and relaxed and it shows in our pictures! When it came to our big day I never had to worry that a picture would not be captured because I knew I had TWO professional photographers there capturing every single moment from multiple angles. The benefit of having two professional photographers who work together all the time versus one photographer who is rotating assistants was invaluable to me and exactly what I was looking for. We have so so many beautiful photos of our wedding that we will cherish forever. It poured down rain most of the day but due to Allie and Brad's creativity and willingness to take risks we have the most amazing and unique photos of us in the rain.
    We also added the candid photo booth to our package and I highly recommend that as well. I now have some of the most hilarious photos of my friends and family. And as an added bonus it came with a third photographer which meant that Allie and Brad were still covering our reception fully instead of having to split time at the booth which I really appreciated it.
    The best photographers you could ever ask for hands down. Would recommend 100% time and time again.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Thanks so much Jenn!! <3

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

Allie and Brad were awesome! Nick and I were nervous at first but they made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. They were wonderful at making sure our must haves were taken. Very reasonablely priced! We felt more like friends after our year of planing then just their clients. The only photographers for us! Oh! And the photos turned out perfect! Just what we wanted! So, happy!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Strouse Photography's reply:

We absolutely loved working with you guys! What a great year it was getting to know you! :-D Thanks for the sweet words!

Kate · Married on 06/27/2015

Allie and Brad were an absolute joy to work with. They made us and our bridal party feel comfortable throughout the entire wedding day. I had bridal portraits done with them as well and they turned out wonderful. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for great photos and awesome people to spend your wedding day with!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Strouse Photography's reply:

How much fun was your wedding! Thanks so much for letting us be apart of your date, Kate! We loved working with you guys!

Kelley · Married on 06/06/2015

Allie and Brad are absolutely phenomenal, both as photographers and as people! They were fantastic to work with from day one. Their creativity and skill added more than we could have every hoped for to our photo shoots on our wedding day, and they were exceptionally organized. If you are looking for an amazing team to capture your wedding day memories, or for any other special event, look no further than Strouse Photography!

- Kelley and Tom Rose

Sent on 06/25/2015

Strouse Photography's reply:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the amazing review Kelley!! :-D We LOVED working with you and Tom!

Janine · Married on 04/11/2015

We worked with many excellent vendors throughout the lead up to and on our wedding day, but Strouse Photography were hands-down our favorite. When my husband and I set out to choose a photographer we wanted to work with someone who we would feel comfortable being around, who would fit in at our wedding with our friends and family, and would produce wonderful photos of our day. Strouse Photography did all of this and more! We met Allie and Brad at a bridal show and instantly liked them. They were fun, energetic, friendly, and down-to-earth. Before booking with them they were more than willing to meet over coffee to discuss what they could offer and answer any questions we had (we had many!). Strouse Photography are great communicators and always responded to emails/questions very quickly. We wanted to have two photographers to capture our day and working with a husband and wife team was great because they are so in sync with each other and they also totally understand the ins and outs of planning a wedding and what it takes to get through the day. Prior to the wedding day Allie and Brad did a walk through of our venue with us, which gave us another opportunity to go over the details. On the wedding day I felt completely confident that they would do an amazing job and they did. They helped the post-ceremony pictures run smoothly and efficiently since they knew we wanted to join the end of the cocktail hour. By the end of the evening we were unaware we were even being photographed so it was great to see all these candid moments that they captured once we received the pictures, a little over one month after the wedding (that’s super fast!). The pictures that Strouse took were vibrant, crisp, and creative and were everything we hoped they would be and more. The quality of the photos is excellent and thanks to them we now be able to relive our wedding day through the photographs for years to come. Strouse Photography gave 110% and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Strouse Photography's reply:

Janine! Thank you so much for such sweet words!! We absolutely LOVED working with you and Aaron!

Kristen · Married on 08/16/2014

Allie and Brad are so amazing to work with! They are fun, make you feel comfortable, and know exactly how to make you look your best! They are both very professional and you can tell they have years of experience together. They respond quickly to emails, requests, and are willing to do anything you need to make sure your experience is exactly what you could have ever hoped for! We love our pictures; thank you Strouse Photography!!

Sent on 09/20/2014

Thanks for such a glowing review, Kristen!! :-D

Matt · Married on 05/03/2014

We couldn't have asked for better and more involved photographers. They live in Richmond, but came to Charlottesville, where we live, twice to meet with us to discuss our big day. When we sat down with them the first time, we got along immediately. They are two really down to earth people, that just want to capture your day. So much passion from both of them. When we did our first look, Allie couldn't help telling us how great we looked and that we were a cute couple. It was nice to have people that cared so much. And the pictures, wow! So many amazing pictures. They were both great at setting us up in different ways for cool pictures, and we even got them to try something new with Chinese sky lanterns. Even though they hadn't captured that before, the pictures came out amazing. I would absolutely suggest them to anyone that has a professional photography need. Whether wedding or children or some other important event, they are just such a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much Allie and Brad!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Strouse Photography's reply:

You guys! Thank you so much for this sweet review! We just loved getting to know you and have have enjoyed watching your family grow since your wedding! :-D

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2014

My husband and I recently had our photos taken with Strouse Photography. We wanted to get some photos of the “family” which includes myself, my husband, and our one year old dog, Olive! Allie and Brad listened to what we wanted, had a variety of suggestions and locations, and above all captured our personalities! They were also great with Olive offering to hold her leash while we took some shots together and even gave her some treats.

I can’t say enough great things about this experience. My husband is an introvert and quiet in new situations. He really came out of his shell and felt comfortable showing off his silly side (which is usually reserved for close friends and family) with Allie and Brad which made for the most amazing experience and pictures ever! I honestly believe that if it wasn’t for their easy going and fun personalities we wouldn’t have gotten the pictures we dreamed of.

I have recommended them to anyone and everyone and I will continue to do so! If you are looking for a good time and great pictures with professional, reliable, and down-right amazing people, go with Strouse Photography.

Sent on 04/11/2014

Strouse Photography's reply:

Thank you for such an amazing review, Jennifer!!! :-D Olive is the best!

Meredith · Married on 12/28/2013

Allie and Brad impressed my husband and I right away. We were not able to meet with them in person and they were able to set up a Skype call to "meet us" and answer our questions. They volunteered a lot of valuable information and were considerate of our budget. We had a great time working with them. They took into account the pictures I requested and wanted for our wedding day and made sure to capture many special and beautiful moments during our ceremony and with our friends and family. I felt like they weren't even at the reception but ended up with SO MANY fun pictures to sort through. Allie continued to be a source for me to consult with for other vendor needs and ideas for my album.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Strouse Photography's reply:

Thanks for such a great review, Meredith! We love blending seamlessly into receptions and capturing in the moment pictures! We loved working with you guys!

Shelley · Married on 10/19/2013

I can't say enough great things about Allie and Brad Strouse of Strouse Photography!!! My fiancé and I had met with several photographers and we hadn't found the right one for us, until we met with Allie and Brad. Neither one of us really liked to take pictures, so, we knew we had to be extremely comfortable with our photographers and we were. Our engagement session was awesome and our wedding day was even more awesome. We forgot Allie and Brad were even there and that goes to show you just how comfortable we were with them. Allie even got me to be silly in a few pictures, which is no small feat. :-) They are talented, creative, passionate, professionals, who know how to get great pictures. Aside from the fabulous pictures, Allie and Brad helped us throughout our wedding. It was almost as if Allie and Brad anticipated our needs. If a guest handed me a gift, Allie was there asking to place it on the gift table for me. I remember at one point she was on the floor helping adjust my slip under my gown. She helped with my bustle. She helped my sister in law with a rogue strap on her dress. She was everywhere, with a smile on her face. We were really appreciative of how much Allie and Brad showed care and concern for our overall day and not just the pictures. Book Strouse Photography for your wedding and you won't regret it. You will get so much more than great pictures.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Strouse Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Shelley for a raving review!

Lindsey · Married on 06/16/2012

Brad and Allie were amazing to work with! I really can not say enough nice things about them. They provided great organization to our big day, as well as photos. We definitely saw the benefits of having a husband/wife team do our wedding. Allie shot with the girls beforehand, and Brad shot with the guys, so after the ceremony, we only had about 20 minutes of pictures, which was great, as we could enjoy that time with our guests.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Strouse Photography's reply:

LOVED working with you, Lindsey!!

My husband and I truly enjoyed working with Brad and Allie! They were very professional while providing a comfortable and fun environment. We were very impressed that they got the shots we wanted at the same time as artistic, beautiful shots we would not have thought of. Would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 12/28/2012

Thank you!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

Allie and Brad were awesome to work with! They were high energy, friendly and easy to work with. We had family members comment on how good they were throughout the night. They handled the rain the day of well and figured out how to still get us all of the pictures we wanted with limited area to do so. Would definitely recommend them to others in the future!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Strouse Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah! We loved working with you and Raymond! Y'all were so fun, your families made us feel so welcome and your wedding was gorgeous!