Steel Petal Press Reviews

27 | Chicago, IL

27 Reviews for Steel Petal Press

Alexandra · Married on 01/13/2018

We are so happy we found Steel Petal Press! Shayna was incredible responsive from the start and helped make our custom design idea come to life in a way we only could have imagined! We started out with custom save the dates, thank you cards and a full invitation set, but then loved the end product so much we went back for table numbers, signs, escort cards and ceremony programs. Soup-to-nuts everything was beautiful and we had so many compliments on the design and quality. We will absolutely be back for any stationary or invitation needs!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2016

We are having our wedding on the Cape of Massachusetts next summer and at least half of our guests have never been - so I searched the internet for a very specific "save the date" featuring a map of Cape Cod. I came across Steel Petal Press from a write up on "Style Me Pretty" and I found exactly what I was looking for. Not only was Shayna extremely receptive via communication through email, she got our finished (customized) product to us extremely fast. Although I opted for the letterpress option, Shayna has other less expensive options and she's willing to work with you to fit your budget. I've got nothing but compliments on our "Save The Dates" and I can't wait to use her again for our invitations!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/12/2014

Shayna was a pleasure to work with! I found one of her designs on Pinterest and contacted her about it. She customized it to fit exactly what we were looking for. She created a combination of letterpress and digital printing so we could get the look we loved on our budget. (If you have the money to spend, the letterpress is really spectacular.) To top it off, she was so patient while we changed our mind a million times to get the perfect shade of green! They were delivered really quickly, payment was easy, and I have no complaints. The invitations came out great and everyone who has seen them has loved them! I would highly recommend Shayna and Steel Petal Press!

*The only tip I would provide is to double check your names/addresses for envelopes before having them printed, as it is expensive to order a few after the fact if there are mistakes.

Shayna was great and worked with me to make sure everything was to my liking. Everyone commented on the save the dates and invitations and how well done they were. I would highly recommend Shayna for anyone needing wedding invitations and things of the like.

Christy · Married on 06/20/2014

I contacted Shayna with Steel Petal Press this past January 2014 to help with our Save the Dates for our upcoming wedding in June. We planned a wedding in Maine, so her cute Lobster Save the Date was a perfect fit! It was an absolute pleasure working with Shayna!! She was quick to respond to my request, offered her advice on the copy for the Save the Date & helped me determine the appropriate quantity to order for our wedding.

The colors on the Save the Date are so vibrant & the quality of the paper is top notch! Even the envelopes include a unique detail, as they have a little lobster emblem by our return address. Everything was just beautiful!

I truly enjoy all things paper, so our Save the Dates & Invites were a top priority for our wedding. On the flip side, I think Steel Petal Press would also appeal to a bride that is looking for a simple Save the Date and/or invite as well. With the ability to customize your order, Steel Petal Press makes the invitation process a breeze while also making the invitations unique for your wedding day!

I would highly recommend Steel Petal Press for your wedding invitations!!

Brian · Married on 12/14/2013

Steel Petal Press did a terrific job with our invitations. For all other aspects of the wedding we tired to do things as cheaply as possible, resulting in basically a rager without a sit-down dinner, but the one area we decided to really do a formal job was with the invitations. I learned somewhere that letterpress printing is the best kind. I saw some of Steel Petal Press' work online, and it looked great. The press is owned and operated by Shayna, a young artisan who got back to me right away and set up a time to meet in person. I didn't really know where to start, so she guided us through all the options and had a bunch of samples in a book for inspiration. Once she helped us decide on a general design, she took it from there. She sent a bunch of proofs by email in PDF so we could see how everything looks in a bunch of different layouts. She was always extremely responsive and professional. The final product looked terrific. There is an absolutely clear difference between good, letterpress printed stuff and cheaply done print jobs. Everyone thought our invitations were awesome, and we got a lot of complements on them.
    Letterpress can be expensive, but it is totally worth it. If you want to save money, don't go with a cheaper printer. Instead, do invitations only and save money by not doing printed reply cards and return envelopes. After we got Shayna's initial cost estimate, we actually reduced our order to not have her print envelopes for us, and instead just do the invites and reply cards. It worked out really well and Shayna was totally cool with it and got back to us right away.
    In sum, Steel Petal Press is the way to go. I'll definitely use this company again for future work.

Rebecca · Married on 09/21/2013

Shayna is prompt and professional, and very helpful in choosing design elements that will fit the look you're going for.

Katherine · Married on 09/14/2013

Steel Petal Press was great. We got good value for money for letterpress invitations, and Shayna was willing to work with us to make sure that our invitations turned out just how we liked them.

C · Married on 08/24/2013

Great experience. Wonderful result. Exactly what we were looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I realize that Morgs came back in the end asking for menus and some other stuff and I can tell you she was very happy with the overall quality of the materials. And getting the graphic to make the burgees was awesome.

Edrean · Married on 03/23/2013

Absolutely love our wedding invitations created by Shayna!!! They were gorgeous, unique and made great impressions on our guests. We have a destination wedding in Whistler, BC and I was searching and searching for the perfect invitations. I came across Steel Petal Press's samples of "destination map" invitations on Etsy and just knew right away I wanted Shayna to create ours! It was so easy and fun working with her to come up with a totally original design that captured the essence of us and our anticipated wedding!!!

Maggie · Married on 10/15/2012

Shayna created the most beautiful custom invitations and save the dates for our fall wedding. She took a very little direction on color and theme and created several innovative designs. The end product was just amazing and we could not be happier! I loved them so much, I ordered thank you cards and we are still using them today. I cannot recommend Steel Petal Press enough – if you want something unique and memorable, this is the source! Also, Shayna rocks and is so easy to work with - big bonus!

Elin · Married on 09/28/2012

Our invitation suite is GORGEOUS! Shayna created our save the dates, wedding invitations, reply postcards and and additional invitation for a welcome dinner for all of our guests. I threw a few ideas her way and she ran with them. It was so enjoyable to give her a general vision and then see what she came up with. She always provided a few versions of an idea and then tweaked that idea until it was in line with what I wanted. Everything turned out beautifully - ESPECIALLY the invitations. I could not have dreamed of a better version than the one she came up with. It is truly stunning. I found Shayna on Etsy and loved being able to work with and support an independent artist. I hope to be able to work with her on additional projects in the future and to meet her someday, too! Thank you Shayna for a wonderful experience!

sanaya · Married on 09/15/2012

We felt incredibly lucky to stumble upon Shayna's shop on etsy.

I work with a lot of printed pieces in my job, and was surprised to find that I was VERY picky about our invitation. I scoured the internet and hated almost everything I saw. Finally, we fell in love with one of Shayna's designs and she worked tirelessly with me to customize it to the style we had in mind - finding the perfect kraft paper stock and color choice that were perfect for our vision! She was also incredibly responsive and flexible, providing multiple versions when needed.

I would absolutely recommend Shayna to anyone in need of anything printed. She's awesome.

Caren · Married on 09/02/2012

I can't recommend Shayna and Steel Petal Press enough! Not only is Shayna very creative and professional, but she is extremely nice and fun to work with. Shayna designed our save the dates, as well as our invitations (with 3 enclosures, lined envelopes and belly band). We had a rough idea of what we wanted, and Shayna executed our vision beyond anything we could have imagined. We live in NY, so we communicated with Shayna via email and telephone. She presented us with a variety of design options at varying price points, and was very responsive and flexible. The quality of the letterpress invitations and envelopes is top-notch, and we've received numerous compliments from our guests. They are truly one-of-a-kind, and we could not be happier with how they turned out!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 08/11/2012

The invitations are absolutely perfect! Your ability to take our concepts and ideas and make them into a reality is incredible! The colours, the design, the fonts, the layout, the envelopes, everything is perfect, we could not have imagined them better. Thank you again for all your hard work, and for completing the project so quickly once the final draft was approved. I will definitely reccommend your work to friends and family for future event invitations.

LAUREN · Married on 11/11/2011

I used Shayna at Steel Petal Press after finding her on Etsy. I must say that I never met her nor saw her work in person, but felt so strongly about her eye and her work that I trusted her sight unseen. I was so thrilled to find her and to work with her on our custom invites. She did the reception invite for us, as well as an RSVP postcard, a second event card and a hotel information card. She also printed our return address on the carrier envelopes. She recommended we assemble them ourselves to save money, so I sent the envelopes direct to her from Paper Source, she printed the return address and sent them, along with all of our invitations overnight to us. I loved creating our own invitation design and Shayna was so patient with our revisions and ideas. Her letterpress work was beautiful. I'd highly recommend her for one of a kind invites!

Jodee · Married on 07/09/2011

I just sent out my invitations last week, and I have had dozens of compliments already. Shayna and I communicated frequently and she created a design that was exactly as I pictured it and completely embodied the theme of my wedding. She gave great information about paper choices, guided me to cheaper RSVP envelopes (also recently complimented by one of the groomsmen, somehow), and got everything done and shipped very quickly. I could not have been happier.

Sara · Married on 07/08/2011

Shayna did an awesome job on my wedding invitations!! We wanted something unique that suited our unique reception venue (a carousel house in a city park), but still worked for a church ceremony. Through all of our conversations, she always was eager to listen and make changes that we wanted so we were completely satisfied with the end results. We had the invitation and 3 enclosures made, and each looked perfect. The colors were vibrant and beautiful. We got numerous compliments from our guests on the invitation suite. Nothing beats custom designed letterpress! :) She also assembled the invitations beautifully. Thanks so much Shayna for creating such a special part of our wedding celebration!!

Anne · Married on 04/30/2011

My experience with Steel Petal Press could not have been more enjoyable. I found Shayna and SPP while looking for invites on Etsy. I knew I wanted letterpress and they offered it at a reasonable price. I was also able to customize my order so my invites and save the dates are one of a kind. My wedding was in April and I still get complements on my amazing wedding correspondence. Also, Shayna is so personable. Instead of feeling like I was working with a stranger (which I was) i felt like I was working with a friend. If i'm ever in Chicago I will drop by to meet her personally. Good Luck planning!!

Amy · Married on 09/28/2013

Shayna is talented, professional and works hard with your schedule. We had some complicated wording needs, and Shayna not only nailed it, she brought it to a new level, making it better than we had even imagined. We adore our save-the-dates!

Tawni · Married on 09/21/2013

Shayna at Steel Petal Press was such a pleasure to work with! We received so many compliment from our guests regarding the beautiful letterpress invitations she created for. Also Shayna was very flexible with the design we were looking for and offered up great suggestions on ways to work within our budget. She was also extremely easy to work with and always responded in a timely manor. I recommend Steel Petal Press to anyone looking for letterpress invitations!

I had a fabulous experience with Steel Petal Press! My invitations look lovely and Shayna was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made adjustments for me, and then took them out when I didn't like my own idea, and was always totally polite and professional. Everything was completed in a very timely fashion, and packaged beautifully. My only gripes about the cost were minor (Table numbers cost more than invitations, even though they are the exact same size and design with less text? Charge for colored envelopes suddenly appears on final invoice?). I know it's hard to put a price on something so special though, and they did a great job! Overall I feel extremely happy with our transaction and have already recommended Steel Petal Press to friends!

Ana Maria · Married on 06/28/2014

We used Steel Petal Press for our wedding invitations and were so happy with the final product. Shayna is easy to work with and produces quality work. Definitely recommend to anyone for their wedding invites!

Abbigail · Married on 01/11/2014

I was lucky enough to go to the Steel Petal Press studio to work with Shayna on the design for my invitations. It was really important to me for the invitations to be special. Shayna created exactly what i was looking for! Each one was like a special work of art that we sent to all of our invited guests. I still get compliments on them. I would recommend Steel Petal Press to anyone who is looking for top of the line quality, hands on service, and most importantly, incredibly beautiful letter press work.

Jen · Married on 08/02/2014

3.5

Shayna and Steel Petal Press were fabulous and easy to work with for the most part. My invitations were beautiful and Shayna pays attention to detail for sure. They were expensive, but they were worth it in my opinion. When people open your invitations, they will appreciate what a work of art they are! So classic and modern.

I initially chose Shayna because she is in the neighborhood where I live, Pilsen. It seems to me like she does most of her business online though. This made it a little difficult for us to meet up at times, because I preferred to go to her studio and her schedule is varied. The only thing I would suggest to buyers is not buying the rubber stamp, and just paying the extra money to have your envelopes printed as well as your invites (Shayna offers it for 50$ and printing is over twice that I believe). The stamp was difficult for me to use and the stamping is tough to get 'perfect.' The edges of the stamp kept leaving ink marks on the envelopes, even when pressing evenly and lightly. When your already spending alot on invites, keep spending and print your envelopes too.....

Overall, a good experience and very unique and beautiful invites.