Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy

Chicago, IL View map

Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy is a specialist hand-lettering company located in Chicago, Illinois. Artist Nerissa collaborates with couples to personalize aspects of their wedding stationery and signage. Blending classic calligraphy with a contemporary edge, she adds a dash of originality to papered goods. For her, handwritten pieces are works of love and art combined, and she takes each couple’s special day to heart.

Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy offers one-to-one consultations to ascertain prospective newlywed’s design vision. Nerissa’s customized hand-lettering lends a personal touch to save-the-dates, event signage, menus, and envelopes. She handcrafts table-seating cards, table number signs and customizes colors to reflect the couple’s chosen palette. For your ceremony, what better way to immortalize your vows than to have this talented artist write out each line in her signature modern style. As a novel touch, this calligraphist can attend your wedding and create on-site lettering as special mementos for guests. Shipping is available with this company. Nerissa believes that the beauty of good penmanship is second only to the personal meaning of having something handcrafted to offer loved ones.

• Asian-owned
  • Woman-owned

What invitation and card products do you offer?

Custom Invitations
Menus
Place Cards
Programs
RSVP Cards
Save the Dates

What services do you provide?

Addressing
Assembly
Calligraphy
In-Person Consultations
Shipping

Aliza H. Married on 04/07/2020

Amazing work-- I wish I had more events that needed calligraphy!

Nerissa's work was AMAZING! She spent time making sure we got the exact font style we wanted. Pick up and drop off was super easy, her turnaround time was just right, price was great, and her communication throughout the whole timeline was also great. She even made us a little custom keepsake that we haven't opened yet but are very excited about! I HIGHLY recommend!!

Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Aliza! It was lovely working with you, and I'm thrilled to know that your experience working with me was a great one as well. I would of course be delighted and honored to work with you again if you have any future calligraphy needs. :)
    Wishing you all the best as your wedding day approaches (and I hope you enjoy your keepsake)...cheers!
    Erin Married on 09/27/2019

The perfect finishing touches

Nerissa was hands down one my favorite wedding vendors to work with. We used her calligraphy services for our wedding invitation addresses - she understood my vision and was diligent in creating the perfect shade of rose to match our invitations. We received many compliments from our guests on the quality of the calligraphy. We also had Nerissa create several items for our special day, including place cards, table numbers, a welcome table sign, and a "Share the Love" hashtag sign (my personal favorite). Nerissa is incredibly professional, responsive, creative, and her talents are endless. I loved working with her so much that I have tried to find ways post-marriage to continue to work with her!

Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy's reply:

Erin, thank you so much for the amazing review! I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience working with me. I had so much fun collaborating with you for your wedding - I'm honored that I could help make your vision for such a beautiful day come to life, and I'm delighted for any future opportunities to work with you again!
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 09/21/2019

Nerissa is an absolute dream!

One of the best decisions I made while wedding planning was hiring Nerissa to do the lettering on my invitations and escort cards. Not only is her work is absolutely stunning, but she is so easy to work with and extremely helpful. I can not recommend her enough!!

Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy's reply:

Erica, thank you so much for your review and kind words! It was wonderful to work with you as well. Your wedding was so very lovely...thank you for choosing to work with me - I’m honored to have been a part of your big day!

Pricing

Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy Price Rates

Chicago, Illinois Chicago, IL, 60606
Location of (Nerissa B. Modern Calligraphy)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding