Sonic Groove Reviews

48 | Atlanta, GA

48 Reviews for Sonic Groove

48 Sonic Groove Reviews

Kristen · Married on 04/07/2018

Picking a wedding band was the one task I was dreading because I am a self-admitted wedding band snob and the effort to find the right one seemed daunting. I got lucky a year ago and heard Sonic Groove at a friend's wedding. I knew that when my day came, they HAD to be my wedding band. I picked my wedding date based on their availability...that's how good they are and their price tag was icing on the cake. The communication, load-in, set-up, performance, etc was seamless and they were so accommodating in learning new songs for us. Their energy is contagious and they had our wedding guests on the dance floor all night long...so much so that the floor actually started to shake. If you are looking for an amazing wedding band with an amazing price tag, look no further than Sonic Groove! You and your guests are in for a night to remember.

Ann · Married on 04/29/2017

We used Sonic Groove for our wedding and they were absolutely amazing! Every guest was on the dance floor for every song and couldn't stop telling me how much they loved the band. The band even let my husband and I get on the stage and sing/dance to our favorite songs. I'd hire them again in a heart beat and recommend them to anyone!

Laura · Married on 10/23/2016

If you're looking for a band that can play Alabama Shakes, Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra book Sonic Groove. They were fantastic! They get the dance floor packed and did a great job reading the room and knowing exactly what to play and when. They learned a new song for our first dance and even played Rhapsody in Blue for when I walked down the aisle. If you're looking for a band to make your reception a party, this is who you should book.

anne · Married on 09/24/2016

This band was amazing at my son's wedding. They played all night long and ALL the wedding guest were dancing. High energy!!! They played so good and the vocals were wonderful. I highly recommend them !

• Christine

Christine · Married on 09/24/2016

Book this band!! They are simply amazing! Our wedding coordinator suggested them as soon as we hired her, and while I knew they would be good based of her recommendation alone, they blew all my expectations out of the water!! They learned THREE songs for us and all of them were spot on. My husband and I are live music people (as we go to 20+ concerts a year) and both us of us were incredibly impressed with Sonic Groove's sound! They even sounded incredible in our wedding videography! They were super responsive via email, on time and professional, relatively affordable, and wonderful at introductions and announcements (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. ). My husband and I's biggest hope for our wedding was that it would be fun and one big dance party--Sonic Groove definitely made that happen!! EVERYONE was on the dance floor and many were even chanting "one more song" at the end of the reception. We've gotten countless compliments on the band, most being that they were "the best wedding band." I wish I had an excuse to have a big party as I would definitely book them again :)

I don't even know where to begin. Sonic Groove was amazing in evety way. They made our reception with there performance. We danced all night and they ley my husband go to the stage with them and sing with them. They learned a song for our first dance and played it beautifully! I would definitely recommend them without hesitation

Monica · Married on 04/08/2016

I had a destination wedding in Jekyll Island, GA and had no clue of where I would find a band while being out of state! I was so lucky to have found Sonic Groove not only did they learn a song at our request but they were so accommodating in making sure the wedding played out exactly as I would have hoped. They let our guests join in on the fun, and by the end of the night we too were up on staging singing along with them! Not only was the band entertaining us but they also seemed to be having just as much fun as we were! Having a destination wedding is hard to plan but having found a band that was so helpful and accommodating definitely made it easier! Thanks sonic groove for helping to make our wedding a night that no one will ever forget (including the staff at the venue who was posting videos on social media saying "best band ever!")

Sonic Groove was the perfect band for our reception! Great people, Great music variety, and really played to the crowd.

Would highly recommend for a great time. Played a great mix of both classic wedding songs and new music!

Amazing! Sonic Groove was great! They played all of our requests and even learned special songs for us! Our wedding was over two months ago (I'm late getting this done, ha!) and we're still talking about them! Highly recommend but only if you want to have FUN!

Sonic Grove provided the entertainment for our wedding. in a word, they were AMAZING!! My husband and I love to dance. And he is a musician. We were so impressed by their talent! Sarah was so easy to work with befor the big day. And the band was perfect on the day of. They kept our friens and family on the dance f'oor all night and skipped their planned break. They also played our first dance perfectly! I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone wanting a great band!

All of our expectations were more than exceeded by the end of our recetion. Sonic Groove was the perfect choice for us! We really wanted a good mix of songs since our guests ranged so much in age. They did not disappoint! They had the dance floor packed all night. All night long we had guests telling us how great the band was. I highly recommend anyone planning a reception to call them. Awesome sound and they seem like they really love what they do!

These guys did an amazing job. They exceeded all of my expectations. They were vocally and musically one of the best bands I have heard and I am a musician. They were flexible with some last minute song requests. They covered a wide range of musical styles and kept the audience entertained all night long. They did not take their scheduled break instead kept the party going. Many, many people at the wedding told me how much they loved the band and asked me how I found them. I would not be surprised if they got booking from this appearance.

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

Sonic Groove was amazing in every way. They were extremely organized, responsive, and easy to communicate with leading up to our wedding, prepared but flexible on wedding day, and most importantly kept our crowd happily filling the dance floor and having the time of their lives. Nearly every wedding guest we talked to made a point of commenting how much they enjoyed the band, and how versatile their musical selection was. Many felt the band made our wedding one of the most fun they'd attended. They were energetic, musically talented, and read the crowd well to keep things flowing. The band members were professional and accommodating when our best man requested some minor changes from the original itinerary, and truly seemed to have our best interests at heart to see the day come to fruition as we hoped. We would very highly recommend Sonic Groove to any other couple, and feel among our wedding vendors that they were definitely an expense that was most worth the cost.

steven · Married on 10/11/2015

Without being redundant to all the other reviews , this band was perfection for my daughters wedding in Charleston, South Carolina. Overall response from all who attended was band was amazing. There was never a lull all evening long. dance floor was always packed due to the amazing energy and performance of the band.
    They were extremely easy to work with and responsive to our needs. Would use them again without hesitation.

Kara · Married on 09/05/2015

Sonic Groove is amazing!!! LOVED every minute!!

Joseph · Married on 08/07/2015

The perfect choice for a rehearsal dinner party. Great selection of music. Lots of dancing by the guests all of whom had a blast. Also, easy to work with and the cost was most reasonable. I'd definitely have them again.

• F

Forbes · Married on 06/20/2015

Sonic Groove was phenomenal. They provided an incredible show with a ton of energy that kept the crowd on the dance floor all evening long. We could not have been more pleased. They were responsive and flexible and communicated well with our wedding planner. Recommend highly and without any hesitation. Nice people.

Amy · Married on 05/30/2015

I hired Sonic Groove for my daughters wedding this May. We were so thrilled with their performance, professionalism and flexibility . They arrived early to set up,to do a sound check and to insure they were ready to perform. We also added a wireless mic for the minister during the ceremony. Geno the band leaded kept a watchful eye and ear making sure the guests could hear during the outside venue. We have been to many weddings and have heard other bands but Sonic Groove by far is the best. They have an enormous repertoire from everything to oldies to the 70's, 80's 90's and the latest hits. I will hire them again for our sons wedding.

Claire · Married on 05/24/2015

HIRE THIS BAND! They are INCREDIBLE! They literally made the night! My favorite thing to do is dance and the dance floor was packed the entire night! They never took a break. Everyone loved them and we received many compliments about how "epic" the night was! I know it's because Sonic Groove played for our reception. No one wanted the party to end! If I ever need a band again I will hire them. Search no longer for the best band for your wedding because Sonic Groove is it! You won't regret it!

• Candice Springs and Will Hipp

Candice · Married on 05/02/2015

Sonic Groove was everything we wanted and more for our wedding band!! They were so easy to work with, they granted all of our requests and responded always within 24 hours!

Evelyn · Married on 03/28/2015

We are so glad we had Sonic Groove play at our wedding reception. All of our guests had a great time and the band definitely helped keep everyone out on the dance floor with the fun music selection. Everyone kept telling us how great the band was and how much fun they had! Our first dance song was not part of their song list, but they were able to learn it and it sounded amazing! We felt it made our first dance that much more special. One of the band members also introduced himself to us at the end of the night, and we chatted with him for a few minutes. We thought that was a nice touch, and thanked him personally for the excellent effort. All in all, it was such a fun night and the dance floor was always packed thanks to Sonic Groove!! :)

Loved them and so great of musicians!

Katy · Married on 11/21/2014

From the start they were very professional and flexible! We STILL have people talking about the band!!! They were the perfect addition to our reception! We could have danced all night! Thanks for making our reception one to be talked about for years to come!

Mary Ellen · Married on 08/30/2014

In a word, Sonic Groove was incredible. They had fantastic energy, read the crowd well, honored the mix of songs we requested, and even played some special slow songs just for us beyond what we had specifically requested. All night we had friends telling us how awesome the band was. Most of all, they totally nailed the first dance medley that we asked them to help put together--and we knew just what to expect since they'd sent us recordings first for our input and then for us to practice to.

We really agonized over selecting a band, which is a difficult process since on-line clips are rarely of stellar quality. We feel so lucky to have discovered Sonic Groove and to have their tremendous talent enhance our reception so much. It was a long reception--6 hours instead of the traditional four or five--and by the end everyone's feet hurt but none of us could tear ourselves away from the dance floor!