Scappoose Creek Inn Reviews

3 | Scappoose, OR

3 Reviews for Scappoose Creek Inn

Elizabeth · Married on 08/08/2015

When I started looking for a venue I knew I wanted a barn. Scappoose Creek Inn was $800 for a 10 hour rental and a 1 hour rehearsal. The ceremony area (outside) is very pretty and has an arbor for the bride and groom to stand in front of. The walk down the aisle is extremely long. There are chickens running around and llamas in a pen. It really added to the country feel I was going for. The reception area (barn) looks more like a church basement on the inside but that ended up not bothering me very much. There is tulle and lights already there, so decorating was minimal. They say it seats 150, but it was pretty tight with only 109. It did end up getting pretty hot so most people hung out right outside the barn doors.The tables and chairs couldn't go outside so we had to rent chairs for the ceremony. Sherri was very nice and easy to work with. She responded to our questions quickly. They do not have a sound system so we had to rent one. Pretty much the only downside was the alcohol service. We could have them supply the alcohol or bring it in ourselves. If we brought it in they would charge $1 for opening each bottle of beer, $6 for wine, and $10 for a magnum of wine (Also, no hard alcohol which was fine for us). If they supplied it, they figured each beer at $2.50 and each glass of wine at $5. We found some at Costco that would make it cheaper to bring it. Here is where we weren't too happy. They charged an 18% gratuity for them serving it, but also put out a tip jar where our guests tipped them. If we were paying the tip it was so our guests wouldn't have to. They double dipped on that and we don't think that was right. Overall, I think this is a great venue for the price. If they got chairs for outside and a sound system they could charge a little more and people would probably still pay it. If they had those two things we would have payed $1000 for it and been happy. It's cheaper than most venues but it still has a nice feel and our wedding turned out beautiful.

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • User2543857 · 1+ year ago

4.2

Scappoose Creek Inn is a wonder venue. We were married in the old barn and stayed our wedding night in the cottage.

Sent on 06/19/2013

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

The venue is great. It’s cute and very affordable. They are very rigid on their policies. Sherry will seem so sweet and nice up until the wedding but the day before and day of she turns into a female dog. I had seen on a different review that she was hard to work with on the wedding day, but couldn't picture her being anything less than friendly. But be warned, her attitude changed significantly. I would still recommend the place. But you do get what you pay for. The place wasn't very clean when we started setting up. There were cobwebs and dirty windowsills. There were also bits and pieces of decorations left over from other weddings left on the grounds. It wasn't cleaned up well. The cottage also smelled really badly of mildew. It’s a cute place and i would still chose it, but do remember you get what you pay for.

Sent on 10/16/2014