Say "I Do" Your Way Reviews

Say "I Do" Your Way 4
Say "I Do" Your Way 5
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 06/01/2019

The most wonderful experience!

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Bill. He is so insightful, knowledgeable and truly helpful. He prepared us with different tools we can continue to use throughout our marriage and we are very thankful!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • DevSet

Nichole · Married on 03/29/2019

The Most Memorable Ceremony Because of Bill!

The biggest reason you're planning a wedding (obviously) is to officially get married and that means finding an Officiant that will work with you to make your ceremony memorable and personal to the two of you.

Bill was recommended to us by the Salamander Resort and we now know why. Not only is he charismatic and personally vested in each and every couple he works with, he's also highly organized and methodical in his approach to planning your ceremony the way you want. His worksheets and workbooks helped us to really think about each part of the ceremony, what we hadn't thought about, what we needed to think more about, and what we had already confirmed. Because of those, and him, our ceremony was light-hearted, romantic, and interactive with our guests. It was perfect, memorable, and people are still talking about it!

I highly recommend working with Bill for your spiritual/non-denominational ceremony needs - especially if you want it to be tailored to the two of you!

Sent on 04/10/2019

L · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend

We knew after our first meeting with Bill there was no question that he was the right officiant for us. Bill put us at ease throughout the whole planning process with his guidance. He made planning our ceremony easy and fun and the way he incorporated our own personal love story into the wedding ceremony was superbly done. I especially loved how he had us fill out a questionnaire independent of one another which added a special surprise for the two of us during the ceremony when we were able to hear what the other had said. We highly recommend!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Say "I Do" Your Way's reply:

Lauren and David made it so easy to tell their story by graciously providing me some great information. I love these stories and that is how I remember my couples!
  • cbryns

cbryns · Married on 09/01/2018

Bill Cochran officiated our wedding and he was amazing all around. Throughout the entire process, he was incredibly responsive, kind, and flexible. While my husband and I do have religious backgrounds, we are both more 'spiritually' connected yet Bill made the ceremony very personal, taking into account our views and sprinkling in more faith based messages for our parents. We met with him a month before the wedding to go over everything and he was calm, professional, and very clear about his intentions for the ceremony. He was always on time, and when the ceremony came, we had to start a half hour early because we were set up outside and thunderstorms were rolling in. He did a fantastic job, and when it started to sprinkle during the end of our ceremony, he hustled things up and was very, very adaptable. If not for his quick thinking, everyone would have gotten soaked. I recommend him 100%. He makes everything personal and emotional but not over the top or cheesy. Could not have asked for a better experience with Bill.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Duncan · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly Recommend !

Rest assured, Bill is a very professional, experienced and kind-hearted officiant. My wife and I had our wedding at Top of the Town, Arlington VA and Bill ensured that we had a smooth wedding. Bill was able to guide us through our wedding, from planning to the actual wedding ceremony. He was also patient as he sat us down during our first meeting and walked us through the actual day plan. During our wedding day, Bill kept everyone organized by doing a quick rehearsal and it was great. We highly recommend Bill, and we are thankful and fortunate to have him as a part of our wedding!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Caroline · Married on 08/11/2018

Bill is amazing!

Bill officiated our wedding in August 2018 and did a fantastic job. We had an interfaith ceremony (Catholic + Jewish) and Bill listened to what we wanted and was able to incorporate traditions from both of our faiths perfectly. He captured our story in such a succinct and special way; guests were laughing, crying, and smiling the whole time! Numerous guests (including our parents) came up to us after the ceremony to say how wonderful Bill was. We met with Bill two times and filled out his questionnaires and with only doing that he was able to pull of a very special ceremony. He came in with no agenda, listened to exactly what we wanted, worked very well with the other vendors, and was a pleasure to work with. We can't recommend him highly enough!!!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Susie · Married on 06/23/2018

There are not enough kind words I can say to express our gratitude towards Bill! We chose to do the pre-marital counseling with Bill and we were so thankful that we did as it taught us new strategies to work on together. I absolutely 100% recommend Bill if you are looking for a prompt, efficient, calming, and caring officiant! Now that our wedding is over, we view him more as a friend than anything as we worked so closely with him. He made us both feel at ease during the rehearsal and during our real ceremony. He has such a calming voice and presence that immediately took all of our nerves away. Thank you for everything you did for us Bill, we SO loved working with you. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Kaitlyn M Triebl · Married on 06/16/2018

Incredibly Personal Ceremony

My husband and I had no idea what to do for an officiant. We wanted short, non-religious ceremony, but we still wanted it to feel personal. Our wedding planner suggested Bill from Say "I Do" Your Way and we couldn't be happier. From our initial interview, to our final planning stages, Bill made us feel comfortable and prepared. Ahead of the ceremony, Bill had my husband and I fill out separate questionnaires so he could see the two sides to our story. He then took these two sides and intertwined them to make a very entertaining and personal ceremony. We have the full write up and we treasure it! We truly could not recommend anyone better!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Alexa · Married on 06/01/2018

Bill is exactly who we were looking for to officiate our wedding! He is very organized and quick to respond, he addressed all of our concerns and made our wedding ceremony exactly how we pictured it to be. He is without a doubt the best! We couldn’t have been more pleased with bill! Everyone should use him!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Anne · Married on 05/30/2018

My husband and I were so happy to have chosen Bill for our wedding ceremony. We spoke with a number of officiants but when we sat down to meet Bill we knew right away that he was the person for us. We connected right away and he was so easy to work with. We chose to do the pre-marriage sessions that he offers (they are optional) and they were excellent as well, we finished those sessions and were very happy we did them and felt they definitely brought us closer and gave us some good perspective on one another. He did a great job with the ceremony as well, very personalized and overall just very happy with the service he provided.

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Say "I Do" Your Way 6
    Say "I Do" Your Way 7
  • Y

Yang · Married on 05/05/2018

Bill was definitely great, and he lives in MD and he drove up to VA multiple times to meet with us and he was very professional about everything!

Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Ellen · Married on 04/14/2018

Happiest Day of the Year!

Rev Bill Cochran married Tom and I on April 14, 2018 and he was exceptional! We invited our families and the ceremony took place at our home. He was easy to work, very accommodating and accepted all of our ideas with enthusiasm! We want to thank him for our most cherished day and as we reminisce the memories through the years, he will always be a part of it.

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Say "I Do" Your Way 8
    Say "I Do" Your Way 9
    Say "I Do" Your Way 10

Jae · Married on 01/21/2018

I often wonder what the perfect trigger word might be when others read a review from a stranger, especially when wanting to share or say just the right thing so that others will realize how AMAZING their experience truly was...
    Trying to find perfect enough words to define such a person as special as Reverend Bill has proven almost impossible. I don't think I have ever encountered someone who cared so passionately for those who choose him to be part of their special day. He is truly a blessing beyond compare. Because of him sharing his interpretation of "our" love story during the ceremony (using information shared by my husband and I independently of one another prior to the wedding), I even have the additional gift of cherishing the tiniest of details I never even knew existing before him :] I cannot say enough great things about such a great man.

Sent on 01/31/2018

Giselle · Married on 01/13/2018

Bill's wonderful. We had a great time working with him. He guided us to make our day more personal and intimate. He was very accommodating, he catered our needs and our vision. He made our day special by incorporating our ideas and catering to our vision.

Sent on 02/06/2018

John · Married on 11/11/2017

Bill was a pleasure to work with. From our initial meeting with Bill, it was clear that he has years of experience officiating, and worked together with us to achieve a ceremony that was reflective of our vision. We were able to incorporate some religious aspects into our wedding ceremony, and some of our personal values to achieve a heartfelt and genuine ceremony. Bill did a great job incorporating our story into the wedding ceremony, and helped us both get through the emotional part of sharing our own wedding vows. I would strongly recommend Bill for your wedding!

Sent on 12/12/2017

megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Bill was WONDERFUL! He did an excellent job at taking hold of the ceremony and capturing everyone's attention for the entire 20-30 minutes. His vowels combined with details about our story were beautifully done and exactly how we had envisioned. Bill is flexible when it comes to his officiating and cater's towards the wants and needs of the couple. Would recommend a thousand times over to all brides searching for a great officiant!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Elise · Married on 09/16/2017

Bill was great to work with - he made the journey fun, exciting, organized, and stress-free. We opted to do pre-marital counseling, which we found to be really useful, and really enjoyed getting to know Bill. People are still saying what a personal, romantic ceremony we had -- thanks to Bill. I highly recommend Bill!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

Finding an officiant that my husband and I both felt comfortable with was a MUST. With different religious backgrounds, we wanted to make sure that our decision of doing a non-denominational wedding ceremony would be well perceived and delivered by the person who would marry us. From the beginning, Bill was warm, friendly, passionate about his job, and most importantly, passed NO judgment on us for not wanting religion to be a part of our ceremony. Not only did he take the time to get to know us personally, but also made sure that he explained and guided us through what was the biggest day of our lives. He ran everything past us first for approval, and made sure that we both felt comfortable with his delivery. Everything was easy - from the first conversations to the digital book of readings for our ceremony to the wedding rehearsal. Bill truly is a gem and delivered an incredibly personal, funny, and memorable ceremony for us.

To this day, our friends and family still talk about him, and we hope to be in touch for many years to come! You can tell that Bill loves what he does, and will continue delivering the BEST for his couples.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Say "I Do" Your Way's reply:

Melissa and Jared were so much fun to work with. They had a great story of their relationship and I loved the participants they included in their wedding. Every wedding is a reminder to me as to why I can never retire - too much fun!!
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 08/19/2017

Bill was absolutely wonderful. When we met with him we knew he was the right fit for us. He gave us plenty of information, and made the process easy. He was focused on giving us a personalized ceremony, and asked the right questions during our meetings and over email to get all of the information he needed. Several people commented to us what a wonderful job he did and how much they enjoyed the ceremony

Sent on 09/06/2017

C · Married on 07/09/2017

Bill supported us throughout our wedding process to create a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple. We are so grateful! In each of our in-person meetings, Bill took the time to get to know our stories, our beliefs, our courtship, and much more. As our wedding date neared, he gave us materials to help us structure the ceremony, while also maintaining flexibility. He answered many questions we had, and provided an overall sense of mentorship and guidance. We highly recommend Bill as an officiant for couples seeking a ceremony that is personalized, while also still deeply meaningful.

Sent on 07/20/2017
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 06/03/2017

Bill is an extremely kind, patient, and professional officiant. We first met him over a year before our wedding, where he provided a comprehensive worksheet to help us reflect on our relationship and decide what we really wanted out of our ceremony.

In fact, deciding what we wanted out of our ceremony and personalizing the ceremony just for us is something Bill specialized in. Although Bill is a reverend, he was completely willing to officiate a secular ceremony for us. The ceremony also included so many personal touches—from Bill discussing how my husband and I met to where we got engaged and mentioning the wooden box that my dad built for our wine box ritual during the ceremony—that some guests seemed to think he had known us for much longer than he had.

Bill was also extremely responsive—even when we were sending last-minute changes to his drafts just weeks or days before the ceremony. Responsiveness is something we valued very highly during the stressful wedding planning process, so this is a definitely a plus.

Although Bill is not based in Southern Maryland, he was willing to make the roughly 2-hour drive to our wedding each way without even charging additional for travel—a gesture that we greatly appreciated.

Finally, Bill took care of all of the legal work for us in terms of submitting the license and making sure our papers got to the proper people right on time.

All in all, Bill was great to work with and wrote a wonderful ceremony that left people laughing and crying at turns throughout. We’d recommend him to anyone in the area looking for any type of ceremony.

Sent on 07/08/2017
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 05/28/2017

My husband and I wanted a fun and informal ceremony, a little religious but not overly so. My grandma really wanted us to get married by the pastor at her church (where there would be less flexibility/customization) and we ultimately decided to have Bill marry us. After we were announced as husband and wife and walked back down the aisle, the very first thing I remember is my grandma running up to me and saying "I LOVED YOUR OFFICIANT!" Clearly he did a great job. ;) Bill was exceptionally responsive, professional, very kind and helpful to work with! Overall he provided a stress-free experience and I absolutely loved our ceremony. He gives you a workbook beforehand where you can go through and select different rituals, readings, vows, etc. It was fun to figure out what would be special to us as a couple and what would speak to us on our wedding day. His ceremony was also very personalized, he went into the story of us as a couple which was sentimental and hilarious at the same time. He's the best! Thank you Bill!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

Bill was so great to work with and made our day perfect.

My husband and I are from the DC area, but moved to the west coast, and Bill was so flexible in working remotely with us. He made us feel very confident the day would go as planned, with multiple Skype sessions through the time before the wedding.

The amount of reference material Bill gave us really helped us out, since we didn't really know where to start.

Very easy to work with, and a wonderful, down to earth person.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Jamie · Married on 05/13/2017

Bill was a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job. Everything went so smoothly and he gave that personal touch to the ceremony which was exactly what we were looking for. We loved how he incorporated our story and how we met, etc. We were very happy with how it went and our family and friends really enjoyed it!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Joe · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot imagine that there is a wedding officiant out there who is better that Reverend Bill Cochran. Reverend Bill is truly a kind and caring person who is passionate about what he does and it shows. Bill met with my fiance and me twice before our wedding and worked with us over the phone and email to develop a ceremony that was very personal and unforgettable. The amount of preparation work he does before the ceremony is quite something. After the wedding, we had several guests ask us if we had known him a long time because he really knew our story well. Choosing the right officiant is very scary because it is such an important part of the wedding... actually it IS the wedding. Reverend Bill put us at ease and came through for us with flying colors. Very professional, very thoughtful, very reliable. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/13/2017