Sam Gregory Photography Reviews

Sam Gregory Photography 3
Sam Gregory Photography 4
Sam Gregory Photography 5

Laura · Married on 03/31/2018

We planned our New Orleans destination wedding from Colorado. Sam came highly recommended and was great about working with us long distance. The day of the wedding, he was great---we were on a tight budget and time limit, and he really took care of us. We loved our photographs from that very special day!

Sam Gregory Photography 6
    Sam Gregory Photography 7
    Sam Gregory Photography 8
    Sam Gregory Photography 9
    Sam Gregory Photography 10

Sam Gregory MADE our wedding day. I cannot imagine a photographer who would have worked as hard all day long as Sam did on our wedding day. We walked from the Sonesta to the Cabildo and he was there, running ahead with his entire suite of photography gear, snapping pictures as I walked in my dress with my bridesmaids...he was there doing the same thing, on the way back, as my groom and I walked from Cabildo to Latrobe's through a parade! He was everywhere and nowhere all at once, which I think is the absolute key with a wedding photographer. And more than anything else, he was a gem to work with, responsive throughout the process, helpful in setting our schedule, and managed our massive photography guest list. He was truly perfect and I would recommend him to anyone who asked!

I just received my wedding pictures from Sam and they are fantastic! I was an out of town bride and I didn’t have a chance to meet Sam until the weekend of the wedding, so we did everything by phone and email. I hired Sam based on online reviews and he did not disappoint. Sam has a great eye for photography and he’s very creative. I received over 700 pictures on a USB, he took pictures of everything and everybody! It’s truly amazing how he was able to capture the mood and feel of the event. He was super easy to work with and accommodated all of my requests.
    Maria & Andy, March 15, 2014

Lori · Married on 12/15/2012

On a day when so many things could possibly go wrong (and some things did), we were extremely happy that we had Sam and his assistant Jill around! From the second that Sam arrived, he was working hard, setting up the detail shots of my dress, rings, etc. We were all very impressed by how professional, efficient and meticulous he was about every single photo, over the entire eight hours that he was there. We had to plan our wedding in New Orleans from our home in Washington, D.C., and Sam was very helpful and great about responding to emails (much better than any other vendor we dealt with, by far).

Honestly, I could go on with positive things to say about Sam, but I think it's enough to note that during our first look photos, after my husband's initial, "You look so beautiful! I love you!" moment came, "Isn't that photographer awesome?"

I was extremely happy with having Sam photograph my wedding. He was very unobtrusive but got all the good shots. He listened to what I was looking for and I absolutely love the final product.

Jennifer · Married on 04/22/2012

We had a destination wedding in New Orleans, and as photographer myself, I was really concerned with finding a photographer who would not only capture the importance of our day but also the essence of that amazing city.

With Sam, we got all of that, and more. Sam was amazing from our first meeting, we were impressed with his portfolio, and wanted his artistic spin on our day. Sam delivered. He showed up early, was super professional while I was freaking out before the ceremony, got all of the shots I wanted throughout the day, and really captured the joy and emotion of the day.

We just got our photos back, and they are AMAZING. Words cannot express how happy I am with our photos. He captured everything, added his own unique vision, and managed to do it all while fading into the background and letting us enjoy ourselves.

Hiring Sam was by far, the very best decision we made for the wedding, we couldn't be happier with the results and I would do it again if we had the chance.

Aimee · Married on 07/08/2011

Sam did an AMAZING job on our photos. He caught every detail and emotion of our special day. The pictures were absolutely beautiful, tasteful, and artistic. He has an incredible eye and talent...HIGHLY recommended!

racheal · Married on 05/21/2011

Sam was AMAZING!!! WONDERFUL!!!! I am pretty sure he is the nicest guy on the planet! Ha! The sweetest guy! He was so thourough and is just amazing!! I just love his work. We just received our pics and I do not know how I will choose which to frame!! He was right on time and just amazing. Photography was one of my top priorities and i am so glad i went with sam. http://www.samgregoryphotography.com/index2.php#/home/

Renee · Married on 04/09/2011

Sam was wonderful to work with and shot beautiful photos. He got all of the special moments we asked him to get and accomidated our difficult family. We would use him again and recommend him to friends.

Kristyn · Married on 02/14/2011

I cannot even BEGIN to express how grateful I am to have found Sam! My boyfriend and I planned an elopement to New Orleans, so I was quite nervous about booking a photographer based only on Internet feedback. Let me assure you, Sam is talented, fun, creative, and has an amazing eye for photography. From the moment I e-mailed him, Sam was very responsive (e-mail response < 24 hours). His fees are more than reasonable and he worked within our budget (with no pressure to purchase anything extra). He captured these unique, one-second moments and made them look like we had all of the time in the world! He is - quite literally - everywhere at once, and as a result, you will end up with these amazing photos from every possible angle. He offered suggestions for shots that I would have never thought of and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY. Sam tweaks every single shot to make it look its absolute best, so it will take awhile to get your photos (for us, it took about two months, which was the high end of Sam’s time estimate). We are SO pleased with our photos; it was DEFINITELY worth the wait!

• W

Mari · Married on 10/23/2010

We LOVE our wedding photos! Sam did such an amazing job. The colors in our photos are amazing. He was really easy to work with and got all the shots that I wanted. He was very professional, and was very inconspicuous. We will cherish our wedding photos!

Mandy · Married on 11/15/2008

We booked Sam as the photographer for my sister's wedding. I found him through another photographer that was unavailable on the date. Because we were all from out of town we never had a chance to meet Sam in person before the day of the wedding but he arranged a phone call to discuss everything and followed up with an email. He was very professional and we were amazed at how much he shot. He was everywhere! He met us in my sister's hotel room for some getting ready shots and we also did some fun shots walking down Bourbon Street. I don't think I ever saw him take a break!
    It did take 6 months to get the photos but they were so worth it! The shots were gorgeous and the prints were flawless. They are like works of art! His prices are incredibly reasonable for the service he provides my whole family highly recommends him!

TRICIA · Married on 05/17/2008

I haven't seen the photos yet, but I am sure they are amazing! Sam was wonderful. He was all over the place. He came to my suite before the wedding and took lots of great 'getting ready' shots and was up for just about anything as far as what we wanted to do after the wedding. We went down a couple of blocks on Bourbon Street after the wedding with our MOH and BM then after the dinner when it was dark out, we did some by ourselves with all of the neon lit up. I can't wait to see them!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/16/2009

Sam was great! I booked him for my bridal session and wedding. So far, I've only seen my bridal pictures, which came out great. Sam was incredibly professional and it was a pleasure to see an artist at work. You can tell he is very passionate about craft. My only small issue is that the turnaround time for the wedding pictures is about 3-4 months.