Ryan Wood Cinema Reviews

17 | Monterey, CA

17 Reviews for Ryan Wood Cinema

• User2962075 · 2+ years ago

Ryan did an AMAZING job!!!!
    He was professional and fun to have around.

Jill · Married on 12/01/2012

Ryan is amazing... The video he produced for us is incredible!! A once in a lifetime keepsake that captured our special day beautifully. He is wonderful to work with as well. I HIGHLY recommend him and his work.

Marissa · Married on 10/13/2012

Ryan Wood far exceeded my expectations. During the event he took creative control, even over my photographer. He was able to get every shot and do it beautifully. We received our video in a timely manner, and we were even surprised with a free upgrade. The quality of the video was by far the biggest surprise. I knew Ryan was talented, but the video was above and beyond anything I could have expected. He was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone. 

• User2721957 · 2+ years ago

Ryan was awesome to work with. Our photographer got along great with him, and they did a great job together. The video turn out was amazing. We are so glad we went with Ryan. Being able to have a short version "highlight" of the day makes it enjoyable for everyone to watch. It really is like a music video and he did a great job editing to make it perfect!

Angela · Married on 09/30/2012

Ryan did an excellent job, we loved his work and was very happy. In fact the venue loved his work too and wanted to use it for promotional purposes. I highly recommend him.

Javi · Married on 09/28/2012

My Wife and I got married in Pismo Beach on 9/28/12 at the Cliffs Resort. Ryan was recommended to us by one of my close friends. My Wife and I reviewed his past work and were very impressed, so much so that we decided to hire him for our very special day. We gave Ryan a very vague description of what we wanted and he used his knowledge of the business and creativity to produce an AMAZING video. We found the video to be so helpful in reliving our special day because when your the bride and groom, your day is going by so fast that its hard to remember everything that happened, who said what , who did what, etc. Ryan's Video captures the magic of our wedding through his highlight film and reminds us how hard we worked to get this day accomplished and we can relive the day with everybody that was and was not there. We Highly recommend Ryan Wood Cinema to anyone who wants a professional, creative, punctual, and VERY fair priced videographer. If a picture is worth a thousand words, an amazing Video is priceless!

Jena · Married on 09/01/2012

Ryan is awesome to work with! Really fun, which makes you feel more relaxed on your big day! He has great ideas and his videos are so well made. He puts in so much time and effort to make sure your video is nothing less than perfect! I would highly recommend Ryan to anyone!

Susan · Married on 09/01/2012

Ryan Wood Cinema is AWESOME, FANTASTIC, AMAZING. Can't say enough good things. His work speaks for itself. His professionalism is impeccable. He was fun, creative, and a I would recommend him for any and every occasion. What a joy to work with.

Erin · Married on 08/25/2012

Ryan is great to work with. Easy going and creative with a fast turn around time. Each one of his video productions are a unique work of art that will be cherished forever. Can't say enough wonderful things!

Brianne · Married on 05/26/2012

Ryan was awesome. He was accomadating to us and customized our video to what we requested. He was punctual, always really easy to get a hold of and very professional. He did an excellent job capturing our memories. We love both our highlight and our full video! I wouldn't reccomend any one else!

• User2820508 · 2+ years ago

Ryan did a great job with our wedding! I would definetly recommend him to anyone!!

• I

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2011

Wedding video turned out beautiful peaceful and showed everything about our day that I will treasure for our lifetime.

Melissa · Married on 07/09/2011

My husband and I were thoroughly impressed with Currency of Life. Ryan was very professional and provided us with a wonderful experience. We barely knew he (or his second videographer) was at the wedding and he caught some amazing moments on video. We really liked his style-- contemporary without being too modern. We got a 5-minute highlight video (which is our FAVE!) and then all the raw footage from the wedding day. Having a videographer was the last decision we made before the wedding-- it wasn't one of our priorities, but thinking back on it now- it should have been. I can't imagine not having these memories on DVD.

Dave · Married on 07/24/2010

Ryan and his assistant did an awesome job videotaping and creating a video montage of the wedding. They were very professional and friendly and managed the taping extremely well. Highly recommended for any event!

Leah · Married on 12/10/2011

Ryan Wood exceeded my expectations! He not only respected my ideas but added some ideas of his own that turned out to be our favorite photos! He made some hardcore guys in the wedding party smile which meant so much to me and my big day! But most of all Ryan and his awesome assistant made it fun and stress free!!! He gave me as awesome deal for our budget and I had access to some of his favorites in a week and access to the rest within 6 weeks after the wedding!!! I would recommend him to anyone!!

sammy · Married on 10/12/2013

0.0

Unfortunately I have had to edit our review. RW Cinema did not come through with a quality wedding video. Ryan Wood cut out our wedding vows. My husband and I had a ceremony where it was in English and Spanish. This was very important to us. We also received the wedding video and there were so many edits that should have been made. You can see his assistants feet for a good amount of time during the video along with other edits that needed to be cut out. We have tried to communicate with him to make the needed changes but he will not make the changes. As a professional he should be willing to make sure the customer is satisfied especially when he is in the wrong. My husband and I mean no disrespect to Ryan or his crew but the delivered video is not acceptable. How would you feel if your videographer cut out one of the most important part of your wedding? Our vows.... vows are so special and ours were in English and Spanish. My in-laws only speak Spanish which was the reason for the English/Spanish ceremony. I spent day and night learning my wedding vows as I do not speak Spanish. This was something so important to us....and Ryan Woods took that away from us.

Please do not hire Ryan Woods. You can find a professional videographer who is willing to actually work with you. Ryan's response to us was unacceptable. All we want is out video to be fixed, that is all. He will not even consider it. I just want my wedding memories to come alive on the video so I remember it and show my children and grandchildren one day. So far, Ryan has ruined that for us.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Ryan Wood Cinema's reply:

The client is still being worked with to resolve the issue. They posted a great review for the highlight video and then removed because they were not completely satisfied with the longer complete video once it arrived. The issue is that we cut parts of the wedding to accommodate for being over the contracted length of the complete video. The issue will be resolved as customer satisfaction is always priority.

0.0

We had a short engagement & we were all set with wonderful vendors. Then 4 weeks before the wedding, my mom decided she wanted a videographer. Someone suggested Ryan based on viewing his work at a wedding fair. We liked the work on his website, we had a very short time to search for & interview other videographers, & he was available.
    I set up a Google Hangout so my husband and I could get a feel for him. We called him several times for the Hangout, but he didn't answer. Afterwards, he said he was in rush hour traffic in LA at the time & didn't know we had an appointment. My mother pushed for the video after reading good reviews of him online, so we went forward. When we booked him, he said he'd send qualified assistants because he had JUST booked another wedding for the same day. He added, "That's OK. I don't have to be there for the video. I do all of the editing and that's where the magic happens."
    Per Ryan's contract, he had 3 months to complete the highlight & full videos. I asked him about this & he said he would have the videos completed within a 2-month time frame, just in time for the holidays--never happened. A couple of weeks after the videos were supposed to be completed, the videos hadn't arrived. I e-mailed & called him to check in, but he repeatedly blew me off. My father even called him. He finally sent the link for the highlight video, made an antagonistic excuse but not an apology for not responding sooner, & said the videos would be done right away. It took another month of hassles with back & forth unanswered calls & e-mails. After a suggestion that there would be further action because he was 2 months past the contract date, he sent a subpar video. The full length video started off as the highlight video. There was no editing in between scenes. During the wedding shoot, the assistants showed me beautiful footage that Ryan didn't include.
    I don't recommend him. He doesn't honor a contract & is quite unprofessional.