Rutsen Eagle Photography Reviews

45 | Richmond, VA

45 Reviews for Rutsen Eagle Photography

Rutsen was the best part of my wedding. He was so incredible - grabbing every possible shot at every important moment. He didn't take any downtime in our ten hours! The biggest thing for me was that Rutsen made my husband comfortable. He HATES getting his picture taken, but in the preview shots we have gotten so far he looks so comfortable and relaxed and happy. :) I am SO excited to get all of our photos. I will recommend Rutsen to EVERY bride I meet.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Lani · Married on 10/10/2015

Rutsen is wonderful! He has great energy and captured my wedding day perfectly!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kimberly · Married on 10/03/2015

It is difficult for me to find the words to express how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to work with Rutsen. He is an exceptionally talented photographer, with an amazing eye for artful shots, fantastic light, and general beauty, but more than that, he's awesome to work with. Rutsen has an infectious energy that radiated all day and kept people in a great mood. He skillfully moved around our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception capturing gorgeous photos without intruding or hindering the flow of conversation, and was ready to jump in anytime we saw something we wanted him to capture. I've had five weddings in my peer group this year, and after seeing all of their photographers in action and the final photos, there is no question in my mind that we hired the right professional. Rutsen is a true rockstar; we feel privileged to have worked with him, and we would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/08/2015

adam · Married on 09/12/2015

Eagle photography was one of the highlights of our wedding. Rutsen is TOTALLY in control and gets thru the pictures gracefully. Rutsen felt like family the whole time...very calm/professional/skillful.

Rutsen picked some of the greatest settings for photos and you can tell he truly knows what he is doing. My wedding party commented that they were very impressed with how Rutsen carried himself and managed to get such awesome shots!

I would HIGHLY recommend using Eagle Photography for any event that needs some photos taken. We were very impressed, and the entire process (from 1st meeting to after the event) was painless and fun.

-Adam

Sent on 10/19/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2015

Absolutely 5 out of 5, if not more. We LOVED our wedding photographer. I have probably been a bridesmaid in about 15 weddings and have attended more than 50. Rutsen is the real deal. He is so experienced with what great angles and lighting are best. He stuck to our schedule perfectly with some fun mix-ups in there. I had a list of pictures to get done but he was always coming up with fun, different pictures to compliment the "must" list. The pictures we have gotten back so far are like art. He made my husband and I feel so comfortable and appreciated the whole day. He was always checking in with us and making sure we were happy with everything. He was checking in on the parents and families of the bride and groom to make sure everyone was having a good time. I can't tell you how many of my wedding guests have contacted me in the last week saying how much they LOVED our photographer. All week long since my wedding Rutsen has sent me a picture every few days and they are so beautiful. He does more than just take pictures and post them. He really created a wonderful experience. I would recommend him to anyone!!!! He gave me a stack of his business cards and I have already run out because I recommend him that much. Book him now!!! Well worth the price.

Sent on 05/31/2015

How can you not love this Guy?!?! Rutsen is the best. If you want fabulous, glam, editorial pictures....Rutsen is your guy!! Very easy to get in contact with and to get along with. You can definitely tell that he loves what he does!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Melissa · Married on 04/04/2015

Rutsen Eagle & Keith Reagan's iDo package was absolutely the best decision that I made for my wedding (other than marrying my husband, of course)! My wedding was the best day in my life, and thanks to Rutsen, I have beautiful images that will be cherished forever!

Rutsen has a very relaxed attitude and constantly seemed confident that the day was going to be a great day. He captured every moment that I would've hoped to have captured, and many more moments on top of that!

The day after the wedding, we had already received a photo peak from our wedding, which instantly became our favorite picture.

In less than 2 weeks from the wedding, we had access to every image from the day, and exactly 2 weeks from the wedding, we had our ipad with the iDo album in our hands and were instantly awed. It is an absolutely gorgeous display of photos and videos that is truly a leap beyond what I've ever seen of any wedding album.

As a teacher marrying a teacher, we had a very tight wedding budget, and we limited costs in other places in order to make sure we didn't settle when it came to the photography and videography. Rutsen is, without a doubt, beyond worth the investment, and I'd recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Bonnie · Married on 02/07/2015

Rutsen is truly an artist. His photography exceeds all expectations. Will absolutely be using him again. His humor and humility are refreshing and makes for a relaxed and fun environment. Look no further!!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Shana · Married on 10/26/2014

Oh, where do I even begin? When I first come across Rutsen Photography I thought, this is way over my budget that I have set for photos. But my mind just kept going back to some of the pictures that I saw on his website. My sister-in-law really encouraged us to spend a little extra money on photography because she didn't for her wedding, and wished she had. I met Rutsen and his wife Tyler and they were just awesome. Very easy to talk to and I was very upfront about our tight budget. They were able to tailor a package to meet our needs and I could not be happier. For our main album I have to narrow it down to 40 photos and it is taking me months because it is just absolutely impossible. There are well over a hundred pictures that are just AWESOME. Not just a few, hundreds. I keep looking at them going, "this is my favorite... no, this one is my favorite." Rutsen is not just a brilliant photographer (I mean, obviously, if you have been on his website), he is a down-to-earth, real, family man, and we just loved him, and our guests just loved him too. Rutsen, just as soon as we get a bun in the oven, we will be calling you back for more. =)

Sent on 04/01/2015

Jon · Married on 10/25/2014

Rutsen was great to work with. He had unending energy, was really funny, and made everyone feel at ease, even during the always awkward bridal party photos. He was responsive to every request we made and the photos, WOW! Such an amazing eye for great photos. The cost was very reasonable and below many others we looked at. Thank you Rutsen!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Lindsey · Married on 10/04/2014

Rutsen is not only an exceptional photographer, but is also incredibly personable! His enthusiasm and energy really stands out and says so much about his passion for photography and creating memories for any occasion. I am thoroughly pleased with the outcome of our photographs of our engagement session and the wedding. Rutsen did not hesitate to work within our budget, and was there to answer any questions that I had.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Katherine · Married on 09/06/2014

We truly enjoyed working with Rutsen for our engagement pictures, bridal portrait, and wedding day! The pictures were provided quickly after each session, and we could not be happier with the quality of each. Rutsen was really fun to work with, and helped make each session relaxed and fun! I would highly recommend Rutsen, he was great to work with and the pictures turned out wonderful!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Rusten was wonderful to work with! He was helpful from the moment we had the first phone conversation to months later when he sent us our beautiful wedding photographs.

Sent on 03/18/2015

LilyWren · Married on 05/10/2014

Rutsen was the perfect choice as our wedding photographer. He showed extreme professionalism, but was also viewed by all as an extremely kind and helpful guest. Rutsen took on many more duties other than photography- he was constantly aware of the timeline and the details of the day and he helped in many ways to keep the plan of the day perfect! Because of his naturally caring and easygoing personality, my husband and I enjoyed welcoming Rutsen to the party as more than ‘the wedding photographer.’ Rutsen was able to capture all the crucial moments of the day, as well as the moments we weren’t even aware of! He caught all the intimacy in a noninvasive manner. The images he created with planned poses as well as the ones he captured covertly, illustrate our personalities, compatibility, and deep companionship perfectly. Rutsen’s talents go beyond photography and into a deeper understanding and care for his clients. He clearly understood us as a couple, rather than simply ‘another bride and groom,’ and it shows in the thousands of photos we received! Rutsen was quick to edit, post, and mail us his final products….which we could not be happier with!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Anne · event on 03/01/2014

Rutsen Eagle graciously agreed to photograph our family reunion on very short notice. His enthusiasm and engaging personality really enhanced our event. The quality of his photos is excellent. He took all of the key posed shots that we requested, in addition to a large number of candids. Best of all, we had internet access to the photos in 3 days! Our family highly recommends Rutsen's services, whatever your event may be.

Sent on 03/10/2014

Chris · Married on 10/26/2013

My wife and I got married in October of 2013, and we could not have picked a better photographer than Rutsen Eagle. Rutsen was fantastic leading up to our wedding event keeping in contact with both my bride and myself making sure that we felt comfortable with everything we were discussing and planning. When it came time to pay Rutsen he was extremely flexible, working out a deal that was both beneficial to us as well as himself. On our wedding day Rutsen showed up early to make sure that none of our shots were missed, and he only put the camera down for 5 minutes to scarf down some food, making sure that no reception shots were missed. If you need a photographer who is patient, kind, understanding, trustworthy, upbeat, and really knows what they are doing, then you NEED Rusten Eagle.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Rusten was amazing! We had so much fun taking the pictures and they came out perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Sylvia · Married on 07/26/2013

Rusten was out of the box creative. Not the same old shots but respectful of the traditional ones. He was early for the wedding and was one of the calming important and even critical ingredients of the flow of the wedding. Today as we mix many generations it is really important to have a crew that goes with the flow of various families and personalities. Rusten was able to do this with a smile the entire night as he blended in for those shots to remember forever. I would highly recommend Eagle Eye Photography for not just weddings but other areas as well. I am excited about working with him with my business of Real Estate. Sylvia Diersen

Sent on 10/17/2013

Emory · Married on 06/08/2013

Rutsen was great! I will definitely recommend him to every bride-to-be. I had looked around at several different photography options and Eagle Eye was by far the best value for the services and quality Rutsen provides. Rutsen and his assistant took so many great photos at each stage of the wedding day. They were truly able to capture the joy we felt without the photos feeling staged. We are very happy and will treasure our photos forever!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 06/01/2013

Rutsen Eagles artistic view and approach to capturing the true essence of your special event in still frame is truly one in a million. His easy going attitude and professionalism from start to finish compliment his amazing talent very well. Do your self a favor and book Eagle Eye Photography for your next special event to capture each and every moment for a lifetime of memories.

-Carter and Ashleigh Evans

Sent on 06/30/2013

Rutsen and his team were wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding, day of, and following up afterwards. They brought great energy to our wedding day and we love the pictures!

Sent on 02/15/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/14/2012

We were absolutely blown away! Eagle Eye Photography arrived and IMMEDIATELY jumped in to start capturing moments that I didn't even notice in the chaos. He even saved me from a wasp which had lodged in my up-do, camera still in hand. My family and friends are still commenting on how personable and detail-oriented Rutsen was. My husband and I are incredibly grateful that our day was captured so perfectly. He managed to take both the fun and traditional shots, and make them all exactly what we wanted. If we ever renew our vows and have another ceremony, we'll know exactly who to call. I'll recommend Eagle Eye to every bride I know!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2012

Great to work with! So much fun and the quality of the pictures are great! We are very eased with our wedding pictures and would definitely recommend eagle eye!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Donna · Married on 06/09/2012

I will be recommending Eagle Eye Photography to EVERYONE I know. The photos are awesome and Rutsen has an amazing eye for light, color and finishing. He is magic!! As a matter of fact, now that my daughter is married, I WILL be hiring Eagle Eye Photography for my Sons wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/09/2012

We met Rutsen at a Bridal Expo almost two years ago, we were instantly drawn to him because of his personality! We couldnt ask for more in our photographer. Rutsen, and his team, are very experienced and really know what they are doing. He has an eye for great shots and is very outgoing, modern, and classic all at the same time! Id have to say that one of my favorite aspects of him and his work, is that he gets to know you. He knows how to put your personality into your portraits and really makes them about you. All of our portraits came out exceptionally beautiful and we would recommend him to anyone and everyone! He captured our day for a LIFETIME in gorgeous pictures, and we cant thank him enough!

Sent on 07/01/2012