Rick Thompson Photography Reviews

16 | Cedar City, UT

16 Reviews for Rick Thompson Photography

Erin · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceptional

Rick's attention to detail is exceptional, he looks at all aspects of the event and setting to create a spectacular record of the entire wedding day. When I look at my wedding album Rick created I am reminded of just how special this day was.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Shandi · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfection

Everything I wanted, images are perfect and so detailed you can see the goosebumps.. Perfect color and didn't even need any editing. Pleased for sure!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Kadyn · Married on 05/27/2017

Rick is a pleasure to work with! He has a very artistic eye and really strives to give you exactly what you want! He was timely, responsive, and considerate all while capturing my special day perfectly! He is also very personable, kind, and trustworthy. He is the photographer you want! I promise!

Sent on 09/20/2017

The · Married on 04/22/2017

Rick was such a pleasure to work with. He was very responsive to all emails and calls, which made the wedding planning process a little less stressful. You can tell that he is very passionate about his work, which made us feel very excited to have him as our photographer. We ordered wedding albums and they came out better than we imagined. The albums are amazing quality and it was so nice looking back on our wedding day together. He works fast without compromising quality. He gave us periodical updates until our album had arrived. He does a great job and his pricing is very reasonable. Not all vendors make you feel like they genuinely care about your wedding day, but Rick definitely did. He is such a genuinely sweet person, who is also a great photographer. We were very happy and fortunate to have him capture our wedding day! :)

Sent on 08/22/2017

Gabi · Married on 04/01/2017

After making a few phone calls and getting some ridiculous quotes, I finally came upon Rick Thompson Photography. I called him because after looking at his work on his website and blog, I was impressed with his work and talent. Our experience with Rick was so pleasant. My husband does not like being photographed but Rick made it so pleasant for him. I had so much fun taking the pictures, I felt like a model! ?? Our temple wedding pictures turned out incredible! I am so happy and grateful that I called him. He is talented, professional, kind, and tried his hardest to exceed our expectations, which he did by miles! Thank you, Rick!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Andrew · Married on 09/04/2015

We had an amazing experience with our Photogropher Rick Thompson. He helped us plan and capture all the moments of our big day. We worked with Rick for about 18 months leading up to the wedding and all that work certainly paid off with the gorgeous albums we now have for us and our families. Rick offers a few different packages for diffrent budgets. We went with his top tier package, which was fantastic value considering we had two photographers for the wedding, an engagement shoot and all the printed albums. We could not be happier with all the images he captured and the albums he designed and put together. Working with Rick was very easy and considering this was a destination wedding for us (we live in New York) it made it a little more challenging. He was always quick to respond to our emails texts or calls and when we were able to make it to California he always had time for us to meet and go over diffrent idea for our wedding. Rick was also great in giving our guests and us direction on posing/positioning to get the best images and avoid any after the fact "I wish I was doing this or that" to get a better picture (I am speaking for my wife and sisters here, I always look great:) all in all I would definitely recommend Rick to any one planning their wedding in the SoCal area, and particularly in San Juan Capistrano. I just wish we lived in the area so we could have Rick help us with all our future photography needs

Sent on 01/15/2016

Chad · Married on 05/16/2015

Rich was Very Professional plus easy to work with and the picture came out even better that we could ever imagine. Rich captured everything from the time we arrived at the temple to the time we left including the temple, flowers, temple grounds and guests. All the important memories we can treasure forever and ever. Rich made it easy for us seeing that it was our big day and all you can't put value on that. BIG Thank you

Sent on 09/02/2015

Great quality, reasonable prices, wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 09/20/2014

I would highly recommend Rick for your Wedding photographer. He knows a lot of great ideas for wedding pictures, our Ceremony pictures came out great from start to finish. Rick also came up with the idea of going to a park after the ceremony it was close to our venue so we had time. The park pictures are some of my favorites. He also wasn't shy about asking people nicely at the park if they could step out of the shot for a few minutes while he's taking pictures. So the park looks empty in the pictures. He got lots of great candid shots as well from the cake to dancing. He also planned when the sun would be setting so we can go outside in front of our venue and took a picture of us and it came out amazing. He even stayed longer then we payed just to get the grand exit and one shot which he needed the dance floor to be empty. Our wedding album is truly beautiful. He told us about this new product from Italy and we really liked the demo so we decided to go with that style for our album and I'm so glad we did! Every person we show it to loves the style and the cover it comes with. He also gave us a calendar with each month having a picture of us and 30 mini copies of our wedding album so we were able to give it to people. Rick did a great job and put a lot of effort into helping our wedding day be memorable, we will have these great pictures for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Tara · Married on 12/08/2013

We were very happy with our photographs and use Rick again in a heartbeat! Thank you! Excellent job.

Sent on 03/09/2014

Gina · Married on 08/17/2013

Rick Thompson was accomodating and professional. He helped us to stay within budget while providing the best quality pictures and an unbelievable photo album! I can't say enough about his expertise, use of the latest photographic images, composition of the pages and general suggestions. We are so happy that we chose Rick to document our memories.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Ashley · Married on 04/13/2013

If you are planning a wedding in the Southern California region, Rick Thompson Photography is a phenomenal choice!! Rick is an excellent photographer and the fact that he loves what he does is evident in all of his work. His attention to detail is impressive as well and I haven't ever met anyone more efficient. After hearing all of my married friends talk about the months they waited for their pictures, I was certainly expecting a good bit of time to pass before I got to see them but as it turns out, he's been the one doing the waiting! I'm very indecisive and he captured so many wonderful images that my husband and I had a hard time deciding which ones we wanted to include in our album. If we could include all of them, we would! The albums that he creates are fantastic as well, very artistic. They really tell the story of the day in the way they are laid out. We couldn't be more satisfied with Rick Thompson Photography!!

Sent on 06/03/2013
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/15/2012

Rick drove up from California to do my wedding in Utah! It was amazing! I love my photos and memories! Rick had some great ideas on how to position my husband and I and the photos turned out amazing! I would recommend Ricks Photography to anyone!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Kelly · Married on 02/25/2012

We worked with Rick on a few occasions, to include a family photo shoot for our parents' 50th wedding anniversary (Teewinkle Park, Costa Mesa), our daughters' engagement photo shoot (the beach below the Montage, Corona del Mar) and our daughters' wedding (Tivoli Terrace, Laguna Canyon).

Prior to booking with Rick for the wedding, which was before the family photo shoot, we interviewed MANY photographers. We experienced arrogance, more expensive pricing, packages were not as nice and several of them offered limited flexibility.

Rick was everything you would want in a photographer. He made everyone very comfortable and at ease, which is important when you want to take a nice picture. He's very personable, his pricing is very reasonable, and the packages he offers are amazing. You will not find a better package for the cost.

Our photo albums are absolutely beautiful. We continuously receive compliments on how nice they are and many people have told us they have never seen an album as nice as the ones from Rick.

When you book your event with Rick and are selecting the photo package, make sure to order the mini albums. They mirror the bride/groom album and are the perfect size to give as gifts to Grandparents or siblings, and can also be used as gifts for the wedding party.

We had the perfect wedding day for our daughter and Rick was a big part of that perfection. I would recommend Rick Thompson Photography to anyone, without hesitation!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Brandi · Married on 10/15/2016

This vendor was awesome, very friendly and was very active in trying to get the perfect shots.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Aimee · Married on 04/18/2013

3.8
      3.5

He was really great to work with and worked with the craziness of my wedding really well. I got a lot of great pictures, but he did some weird editing like removing both my husband and mine glasses that I did not really like on a few of them. He also made it look like I was wearing more makeup then I was on a few. Besides those like maybe 5 pictures the rest of them looked great!

Sent on 10/30/2013