Ramada Galena Reviews

21 | Galena, IL

21 Reviews for Ramada Galena

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sarah · Married on 06/13/2015

So very happy with my experience with the Ramada thus far. Eric is great with answering all questions, being as flexible with plans as possible, and super great with returning e-mails and calls. Pricing is fantastic for all amenities included. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Stacie · Married on 09/02/2012

I can not say enough about Melissa and the Ramada staff. We had our wedding ceremony outside and the reception indoors in the ballroom. The outdoor scenery is absolutely beautiful and my guests are still commenting on how wonderful the location was for our wedding. They had the lawn and landscaping very well maintained and we couldn't have had a more picturesque setting with the beautiful pond in the background! The ballroom was set up beautifully and they were very accomodating to let us get in the room early to decorate and Melissa and the Ramada staff also decorated the room which made for a very elegant reception.

The staff/owners were more than accomodating. My husband's mom is in bad health and couldn't make it down to the ceremony site so they literally drove her down to the site in the hotel van. The wedding was pushed back by an hour due to my husband's mom who needed some time to get herself ready and Melissa and the staff handled the delay very well and kept everyone calm and at ease. The caterer, Cindy's Classic Catering, did an amazing job with the delayed wedding which pushed her back an hour. So, I can say even with an hour delay and having to drive Brad's mom to the ceremony site, we had the best wedding I could dream of. We can't Thank the Ramada enough for such an amazing day and evening, and one that our family and friends are still talking about!
    Wonderful owners, very pleasant staff and Melissa the wedding coordinator did an amazing job! Thank You!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Marie · Married on 08/04/2012

I truly can't say enough amazing things about our wedding weekend. As we have been looking through photos I want to go back.
    We planned this wedding in less than 4 months and I still feel that I didn't do enough. Our wedding coordinator Melissa, took care of contacting our vendors for any info and setup on our day. Everything was made so easy for us to be able to make this truly just a fun time with our family and friends.
    The hotel was wonderful - and with awesome evening weather, we were out on the deck both evenings catching up with friends and family.
    It couldn't have been more wonderful, comfortable, happy, fun....just an amazing weekend.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Tammy · Married on 08/06/2011

My new husband and I would like to thank the Ramada Galena for everything they did for our special day. It was really a fun filled weekend and everyone was a great help. We want to give a special thanks to Nicole White our wedding coordinator at the Ramada Galena. Without her we never would have had such an amazing event. Henry and his wonderful wife also get a thumbs up and Kevin helped out tremendously. If I had to do it all again I wouldn't change a thing. It was truely the greatest weekend of our lives and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Christine · Married on 07/16/2011

Working with the staff and management at the Ramada Galena was such a pleasure! Everything that we needed or requested was taken care of. We have received so many compliments from guests from our wedding of people satisfied with the hotel accomodations and service. Thank you so much to everyone who was a part of our wedding planning and who made our wedding so memorable at the Ramada Galena!!!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Sara · Married on 06/25/2011

We loved having our wedding ceremony, reception, and hotel accommodations all in one place. We even did hair and make-up on site which made the day go really smooth!

Sent on 07/23/2011
  • elizagracew

Carrie · Married on 08/08/2009

We planned our wedding in literally two weeks and the final product seemed like it had planned over a years time.. It was beautiful. I communicated mainly via email and always got a response within the day. My family could not say enough about how smoothly every thing worked out. We loved it!!

Sent on 03/02/2011

Tonya · Married on 08/04/2009

provided venue and catering servoce. helpful and considerate

Sent on 08/26/2009

mary · Married on 05/17/2008

Very high class place - everything was perfect. Stephanie did a wonderful job throughout the planning phase and made sure everything ran smoothly on the wedding day.

Sent on 07/21/2008
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 12/29/2007

Stephanie as well as the rest of the staff at the Ramada, Galena were the absolute best!!! They were extremely helpful in anything that I may have needed. They were also extremely flexible with any and all of my needs. I am a chef and my mom is a florist, so we are in the business, and anything that we wanted to do, they were more than happy to allow! The hotel has a spa on site, which was very convenient. Our wedding at the Ramada, Galena was absolutely wonderful and we recommend them for any major social gathering!

Sent on 01/24/2008

Gerri · Married on 09/29/2007

The Ramada Hotel and it's staff provided the most exceptional, professional and friendly service. I would not only highly recommend future bride's to consider the Ramada but I would whole-heartedly encourage it. Stephanie Heine exemplifies all that one would hope to have in a wedding coordinator. Her attentiveness and enthusiam was a gift in itself.

Sent on 11/24/2007

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2007

Excellent service from the staff at the Ramada. Very receptive and flexible to our needs. The back courtyard and pond were a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony.

Sent on 11/25/2007

Jenifer · Married on 07/28/2012

The staff at Ramada Galena were amazing! They were so wonderful during planning, set up, and the big day. The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and knowledgable and helped us cut corners when needed. We chose this place because they were so warm, helpful and friendly, not to mention the ceremony setting is beautiful. We were so pleased with everything and recommend them to anyone looking for a stress-free and perfect wedding location.

Sent on 09/02/2012

Susan · Married on 06/19/2009

Originally, we had some difficulties with Ramada because I worked with so many different people on the wedding who were moving on to other employment opportunities. I think I talked to 5 different wedding event managers over the course of a year. So, it became a real challenge for the team that finally helped us through the end to make up for so much lost time when they were experiencing those growing pains. However, I was very impressed with Liz and her dedication to making sure that no matter who had helped me before, she was going to give us the wedding we wanted. She trusted us when we explained verbal agreements we'd had with her predecessors and really went out of her way to assure us a quality reception with quality service. Much of the happiness of the groom and I and our guests at our reception is owed to Liz and her associates. If she can coordinate your event, have your reception at Ramada Galena; you won't be dissappointed.

Sent on 07/14/2009
  • O

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2011

3.5

This is an excellent place to have a wedding. The location is gorgeous and the staff is very helpful. It is also great if you want your order of events to be timed perfectly. It is fantastic.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Kimberly · Married on 05/15/2010

The staff at the Ramada were great! They were helpful and very accomadating. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Mara · Married on 09/17/2011

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Ramada, and were very satisfied all around. We received lots of comments about how beautiful everything was, and the Ramada was very accommodating. Nicole, the wedding coordinator, was great. She was at the venue the entire day, and we had a last-minute issue with our florist that she got resolved immediately. I would definitely recommend the Ramada to anyone looking to get married in the Galena area.

Sent on 10/05/2011

sarah · Married on 01/15/2008

4.2

they did a great job, they made us comfortable .

Sent on 02/20/2009

Nancy · Married on 07/11/2009

Kalmes Catering, St. Donatus, Iowa, is by far the best value for the dollar for catering. Our daughter's wedding was held at the Ramada Inn, Galena, IL. We had booked a different caterer for the event but they were "pulled" one month before the wedding by the hotel management. In their place we hired Kalmes Catering from St. Donatus, and were so very happy we did. The combination Prime Rib and Broasted Chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and a variety of salads that Kalmes' provided has been met with rave reviews from numerous guests. We could not have received better food or service than was provided by this wholesome, country caterer. They are the only caterer who we will use in the future. Their dinner far surpassed our expectations!
    Jim and Nancy Koester

Sent on 07/14/2009

julie · Married on 08/30/2011

3.5
      2.0
      3.0

This was a second wedding for both of us. We wanted it to be relaxed and fun for all and it was. I didnt let anything stress me out. If that is your attitude going into your wedding this is the perfect place to have it. It is very pretty and good accomodations. If on the other hand you are one of those people who thinks everythiing has to be perfect, I dont think this would make you happy. Not everything went as planned, but for us that was part of the charm. Overall a nice place to have a wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2011

Alicia · Married on 08/07/2010

2.4
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0

Had I known what I was getting into, I would NOT have chosen Ramada for the site of my wedding. I can't count the many things that went wrong, including seeing beetles crawling all over the floor of our room. Not the way to spend your wedding night! The management at this hotel is 100% of the problem, and they take away your catered food after your guests only have a chance to go through the line ONCE! Perhaps if I had 150+ guests at my wedding I would have been treated a little better. Please look elsewhere.

Sent on 03/02/2011

Ramada Galena's reply:

I appreciate your time in giving a review. I was not aware that you encountered so many problems during your time with us. Had I been informed of your inconveniences, I would have taken action to correct the concern. I apologize for this.

I would like to explain that we pride ourselves on being a country hotel with a bed and breakfast theme. Surrounding the grounds is a rural community with many open fields. We also have wooded areas and a pond near the hotel. This is part of the reason our grounds are so picturesque. All of these wonderful props may cause slight inconveniences for guests from time to time. However, we put great effort into minimizing the boxelder population (a harmless, but bothersome insect) surrounding the hotel. Near fall harvest the boxelder population looks to area homes (and buildings) for relief. This is just part of the country that we learn to adapt to.

I would also like to apologize for your food line being taken down before you had anticipated. In the food industry quality and safety of food is directly related to the amount of time you have the meal on display. By Illinois Health Department standards, our food lines may only be up for a set amount of time.

Again, thank you for your review and I wish your new family great happiness.