Ptarmigan Classical and Rock String Quartet Reviews

36 | Boulder, CO

36 Reviews for Ptarmigan Classical and Rock String Quartet

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jessica Nunnali · Married on 11/11/2018

Excellent! Made our special day perfect!

Ptarmigan made our wedding ceremony so perfectly complete! In addition to their beautiful music, their responsiveness, flexibility, and overall support for us made a tremendous difference. We hesitated in the beginning about the cost but our experience with them made it worth every penny! I highly recommend them to anyone desiring a rich and beautiful musical addition to a wedding ceremony!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Ptarmigan Classical and Rock String Quartet's reply:

Dear Jessica, thank you for your review of Ptarmigan String Quartet. We loved working with you. Best Wishes for a wonderful future!

Lauren · Married on 02/17/2018

As a planner, we always love working with other vendors who love what they do! Vicki and the Ptarmigan Quartet were so organized and professional, and their music really made the ceremony for the bride + groom! We highly recommend the quartet, and look forward to working with them again ourselves in the future!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Caroline · Married on 07/30/2016

These women were THE BEST!!! What lovely music they played. We thought we were in Heaven. They came on time, played at the ceremony, then moved over to our reception. I didn't have to do a thing, but have my nephew set up a tent outside so they wouldn't be in the sun. What a breeze they were to work with during this hectic time. I only hope my other two daughters get married in Estes Park or the Denver area so that I can use them again! XOXOXO

Sent on 08/07/2016

Austen · Married on 06/25/2016

They were wonderful! Everyone commented on how beautiful the string arrangements of oldies were, and Vicki worked hard to find pieces for me that weren't in their usual listings. I was so glad to have them perform!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Ptarmigan Classical and Rock String Quartet's reply:

Dear Austen, thanks so much for taking time to provide a review and comments on our performance of your wedding music! We enjoyed working with you on your beautiful wedding at Della Terra in Estes Park.

Scott · Married on 02/20/2016

Ptarmigan String Quartet did a wonderful job arranging the music, as well as determining the correct timing cues. The different pieces flowed very well throughout the ceremony.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2015

Vicki and the other musicians were excellent and their work profound! They were dedicated to my wedding and did everything to make sure it was a smooth event. They even took time to attend my rehearsal which was a far drive from where they lived to make sure they knew the right moments to play for a catholic wedding. If you are not catholic a nuptial mass can be confusing. They also took the time to create a script to ensure they played everything on que. My husband and I were so fortunate to have such professional, dedicated, and talented musicians for our wedding day. There music was excellent and they sounded great. All of our family and friends complimented how great the music was for our wedding. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Ptarmigan Classical and Rock String Quartet's reply:

Dear Ashley and Josh, thank you for your review of our services. We appreciate your taking the time. Best Wishes!

Mitchell · Married on 06/20/2015

Ptarmigan String Quartet played amazing music and was very prepared for our wedding day. I have never seen such a high level of talent and professionalism. They really did make our wedding day special.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Wonderful to work with, would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Tamara · event on 05/01/2014

I have worked with the Ptarmigan Quartet a few times now. They have accompanied my university acting styles course final project, in three specific time periods, Baroque, Regency, and Victorian. In each case, they worked with me extensively in selecting period and character appropriate material, collaborated on placement of music in program, and were always flexible in the coordination of the very complicated process. I would recommend them for any event as they really do listen to what you want and make sure to do the best to bring that vision to life in the moment.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Jean · Married on 08/31/2013

Very cooperative and responsive. One of the musicians even came to the rehearsal at the park to be sure that everything proceeded smoothly on the day of the wedding. Lovely music!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2013

The Ptarmigan String Quartet was amazing! They enhanced our ceremony and made cocktail hour even better! Vicki is very easy to work with and was very responsive to all my questions and needs! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2012

Vicki was an absolute delight to work with! I live in NJ & was planning my daughter's Wedding in CO, so we basically did everything over the phone. The Quartet played during the Ceremony + the Cocktail Hour and absolutely elevated the level of the affair. They were also very accommodating re playing all of my requests. Many of the Guests commented to me on how much they enjoyed the Quartet's music. I couldn't have been more pleased and would certainly recommend them to anyone who would like to add a touch of class to their affair.

Sent on 10/12/2012

M · Married on 07/07/2012

Excellent performance & service. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Vicki · Married on 08/13/2011

Ptarmigan String Quartet receives an overall 5.0/5.0 rating starting with my initial contact and wedding planning with the quartet ending with their exceptional performance at my daughter's wedding. We could not have been more pleased with their professionalism, performance, and level of service. We provided a play list, and they were able to accomodate our wishes for this special day. I highly recommend this group to any brides or Mothers-of-the-bride looking for that special something to complete a beautiful wedding.
    Vicki Joyce-Edmond, OK

Sent on 08/19/2011

Tamara · Married on 03/01/2011

I am a professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder and I recently invited the Ptarmigan Quartet to accompany an advance acting class final project, focusing on the French Baroque time period. This is a rather unusual "structured improvisation" by which the students are required to live fully in the time period for more than two hours.
    In order to prepare for the salon project, I met with the coordinator of the quartet at least three times in person and we corresponded frequently over email and the phone to make sure the music and timing were just right. I must say that she, and the entire group really MADE this experience the success that it was for both the students and the audience that day. They were so incredibly accommodating, professional, and always pleasant that we could not have asked for a better scenario! I really wished I would have known about this group when I was getting married, I would use them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/26/2011

Ptarmigan Classical and Rock String Quartet's reply:

Dear Tamara, Thank you so much for your kind words about Ptarmigan String Quartet! We appreciated the opportunity to work with you and your students who also did a professional job and presented an inspiring performance. You and the CU Theatre Department are top notch! Thank you.

F. · Married on 08/14/2010

This quartet provided lovely music for our son's wedding. Their repertoire is extensive and included everything we wanted. They even accommodated our request to have them play a special piece composed by a great, great grandfather. They are well-organized, professional, friendly, and their musicality is of a high standard. We were very pleased that we found them and would hire them again without hesitation!

Sent on 08/21/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/07/2010

Ptarmigan String Quartet made my wedding extra special. Vicky was very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 08/19/2010

Marianne · Married on 05/15/2010

The Ptarmigan String Quartet was great! The ceremony was gorgeous, and we had many compliments on the music. They even found music for an obscure song that was special to us, and stuck it out through the windy weather we had the day of the wedding. They were professional, and definitely prepared.

Sent on 06/01/2010
  • Britney

Britney · Married on 09/26/2009

Instead of having the quartet play, we had the string trio play and they were absolutely amazing!!!!! Vicki was there throughout the entire process to answer any questions I had and to remind me when upcoming due dates were around the corner. She would always respond in a timely manner. The music was perfect and they did such a great job matching aspects of the ceremony with the music. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a violinist to play at their wedding. Simply wonderful!

Sent on 09/27/2009

Alysha · Married on 07/11/2009

The Ptarmigan String Trio were amazing! They did a wonderful job and were very helpful throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 08/18/2009

Molly · Married on 06/13/2009

Vicki was very prompt in her response which I appreciated. I actually went with this quartet instead of another Strings gorup because she seemed excited to do it and was quick to respond. Vicki was always available to answer questions and the music was amazing the day of the wedding. I don't think I could have asked for anything to be different and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Chris · Married on 09/20/2008

Could not have asked for a better or more professional experience with Ptarmigan. Would HIGHLY recommend them for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 09/30/2008

Christine · Married on 08/02/2008

We had two cellists play for our ceremony. The music was lovely and it was very easy to work with Vicki.

Sent on 08/18/2008

Dan · Married on 06/07/2008

The Ptarmigan Sting Quartet did an outstanding job at our wedding! They were prompt and professional and their attendance at our rehearsel was very helpful. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/10/2008

Jaime · Married on 09/25/2007

These talented ladies made our ceremony magical. Our guests could not stop talking about how elegant our wedding event was and the music was a big part of it. I would highly recommend anyone consider adding this touch of class to any wedding day.

Sent on 09/29/2007