85 Reviews for Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev

Customized Vows (1)
Licensed (1)
Catholic (1)
85 Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev Reviews

We had Rev. Jim officiate our wedding on 12/17 at Hotel Arista in Naperville. From the first meeting, Rev. Jim was wonderful to work with. He really took the time to get to know us as both individuals and as a couple. The ceremony he put together was perfect. it was so personal, funny, and heart-warming. All of our family and guests couldn't stop talking about how great Rev. Jim was Over a month later and people are still talking about Rev. Jim and the ceremony! He truly made it memorable. I highly recommend Rev. Jim to anyone getting married.

Not convinced? Think about it, the one thing that is an absolute necessity for a wedding is an officiant to marry you. You don't necessarily need the flowers, fancy dinner, music, or all the extras, but you do need an officiant! Therefore, it is the most important part of the wedding. Hire the best. Hire Rev. Jim!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 12/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Our ceremony could not have been any more perfect, thanks to Rev. Jim. What a pleasure it was to work with him - from the moment we decided we wanted him to officiate our wedding, to the actual wedding day, Jim was there to answer our questions and continually guide us in the right direction. He has such a loving heart and soul, and that really comes out in his endeavors to get to know a couple before he marries them. He took the time to get to know all about us, and used what he learned to craft one of the most beautiful ceremonies I've heard.
He is so full of recommendations on vendors throughout the Chicagoland area, and he knew and had worked with many of our vendors before (which made things MUCH easier!).
Jim worded our ceremony so beautifully, and so emotionally - he was able to bring so much love and emotion, yet he kept things lighthearted and fun. He captured the relationship between me and my husband so perfectly.
If you have the opportunity, PLEASE consider recording your ceremony with Rev. Jim! That is the only thing that we wish we would've done differently - we'd love to have that little reminder of the beautiful words Jim had to say about us.
Our guests were floored by how wonderful the ceremony was - we received so many complements on him, and his ability to really dig into your emotions, and still keep things lighthearted.
We are so happy we were able to share our fairytale wedding with Jim!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/10/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, No Denomination

Reverend Jim was amazing from the first time we talked on the phone, through the months leading up to our wedding, and spectacular on our big day. We received so much positive feedback from our guests on how personable he was during our ceremony! We are very pleased with Jim and couldn't have asked for anyone better! You can't go wrong with Rent-A-Rev!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim was the very best and did the most beautiful job performing our ceremony! Everybody came up to me and said it was the best ceremony they have been to! He made it feel like he knew us forever and was the perfect balance of fun and serious. When he saw me getting emotional he quickly added humor to lighten it and bring me back so I didn't completely lose it! Couldn't have been happier with him! Will definitely recommend him!

Jeff and Jennifer

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim is absolutely amazing! He performed our wedding ceremony at Trump Hotel in Chicago (May 2016). Several guests commented on how touching, wonderful, romantic, and witty his speech was. We were extremely happy with our choice of the wedding officiant! (You don't want to get married in the courthouse, believe me!)

Rev. Jim met with us prior to the ceremony to discuss options (i.e. order of appearances, content, unity cup etc) and made us feel very comfortable.
Marina

Profile Picture marina, 5/7/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I can not say enough great things about Reverend Jim. Everything was so touching, I didn't want the ceremony to end, I can't believe how customized and heartfelt Reverend Jim made the ceremony. I had several guest ask me which church he presided over because they wanted to hear his sermon. Reverend Jim made the ceremony interesting and funny I had tears of joy and laughter, I absolutely loved Reverend Jim.

Profile Picture Crusita, 12/31/15, 23 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, No Denomination

Rev. Jim was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He took the time to get to know us by meeting with us twice. We incorporated many different aspects to our ceremony as we had the freedom to do so since it wasn't being held in a church. Rev. Jim asked many questions of both of us and as a couple. He tied all his information nicely together for the ceremony.

The ceremony was just the right amount of time which had a little laughter and some blessings throughout. It was personal and heart warming and he even gave the guests permission to laugh. As something so special doesn't have to be so serious all the time. Our vows we left up to Rev. Jim and he advised us to write vows to each other in a less stressful environment and occasion which I thought was great advice.

The rates of Rev. Jim were perfect as he truly takes the time to personalize the ceremony. I would take a moment and get in touch with Rev. Jim as it will be a customized ceremony just for you both.

Profile Picture User5472341, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Reverend Jim did a fantastic job at our wedding ceremony. He captured the essence of our relationship perfectly. The ceremony had a great flow, and just the right amount of humor. He made us feel so comfortable up at the altar, we didn't have to worry about a thing. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture User5279298, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim is such an amazing man! He was absolutely wonderful throughout the wedding process. We met with him at his home during the beginning of our planning about a year ago and got to know him. As we got closer to the wedding, he would check in regularly to see how we were doing. He always answered questions quickly via phone or email, as well! He made the ceremony so special. It was as if he'd known us for many years. I really can't say enough about how wonderful of a job he did. He's also NOT the type that you'll never talk to again once your wedding is done. We both felt like he genuinely cared about us and the journey we have begun together. Thank you so much, Jim!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/18/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I am not a fan of being the center of attention, so I was most nervous about the ceremony. However, Rev. Rehnberg lead the ceremony in such a way that it was the perfect mix of light/fun and deep/romantic, and I truly only focused on his words and my groom. The part I was most nervous about turned out to be my favorite part of the day! I was kept at ease the entire time (initial phone conversation, meetings, rehearsal, and, most importantly, the ceremony). He added the perfect personal touches to his words that made the ceremony specific to us but also general enough that everyone could relate. I received many compliments on the ceremony, and it was obvious everyone loved him! Thank you, Rev. Rehnberg, for making my wedding ceremony so beautiful and memorable!

Profile Picture User4406806, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

This Rev was such a joy! He infused our ceremony with personalization, enthusiasm, wit fun and love! You would have thought he knew us all our lives.
He did such a great job our guests are still talking about it! He truly made the event and left us with such incredible memories!
You will not be disappointed! I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User4445460, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

What an honor it was to have such a great man, Reverend Jim, preside over our ceremony.
He's truly is remarkable.
Our first communication with Reverend Jim was via telephone as we discussed the origins of our relationship and our feelings for one another.
After our initial conversation, we talked a few more times over the telephone, each time getting more and more familiar with one another.
We live out of state and wanted to meet with Reverend Jim, in-person, prior to our ceremony, to finalize the details.
We agreed to meet at a location halfway between where we were staying and Jim's home.
Immediately, as he walked into our meeting place, his smile personified his character.
Within seconds, he made us feel very welcomed and comfortable and his caring nature is clearly evident.
He was very open and inquisitive into our religious orientations and clearly accepting of all religions.
During our ceremony, August 31, 2014, Reverend Jim incorporated every aspect of every telephone call and meeting in the sermon and even threw in a few jokes about the groom's profession.
Standing up with him felt very comfortable and every one of our guests clearly enjoyed the ceremony as he had everyone in the room laughing at times.
After our ceremony, many of our guests asked us how we found Reverend Jim and commented on what a great ceremony he conducted.
It was really unbelievably comfortable and smooth experience with Reverend Jim.
We would not hesitate to give Reverend Jim AKA "Rent-A-Rev" our highest recommendation as not only a justice of the peace, but as a wonderful person.

Profile Picture Carrie , 8/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were fortunate to have Reverand Jim, the "Rent-A-Rev", as our wedding officiant. Initially, we we looking for a judge or wedding officiant that could "get the job done" at a lower cost but we quickly came to realize that you indeed get what you (are willing to) pay for. While other officiants were more than capable of marrying us, Reverend Jim met with us for over an hour at a local hotel a few months prior to our wedding. He asked us questions and took the time to know us, our families, and how we met. Once we decided to enlist his services, he was easy to reach and responsive. He also checked in a week before the wedding to make sure everything was on track for the ceremony. On our wedding day, Reverend Jim was incredible with family and friends. He tailored the ceremony to us and made us feel at ease. He's a great public speaker and had our guests laughing and crying. It's obvious that Reverend Jim is passionate about his work as he comes across as a genuine, compassionate individual. We are happy to say he was a part of our wedding and will fondly remember his contribution.

Profile Picture Bernie, 7/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If I could give Rev Jim Rehnberg 10 stars, I would. Without a doubt, this was the very best choice we could have made for our officiant. People who attended our wedding at The Herrington Inn in Geneva, IL continue to rave about him. Every person asked if he was our current pastor and how long he had known us in order to be able to deliver the wonderful ceremony that he did.

The truth of the matter is that after spending a few hours with us on a sunny afternoon and getting to know our likes and dislikes, habits and feelings, and our wants and desires for our life together, Rev Jim put together a meaningful and touching ceremony that had us all both laughing and teary eyed from start to finish. He was truly outstanding. Please do not hesitate to work with "The Rent-A-Rev". It will be an experience worth every penny.

Profile Picture Linda, 7/26/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I found Rev Jim through an advertisement in a bridal magazine and the name of his company, "Rent-A-Rev" immediately caught our attention. We set up an initial meeting with him and knew right away that he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. He spent the majority of the meeting getting to know my husband and I, learning about our families, careers, interests and talking about how we envisioned our wedding ceremony. He is experienced, organized and took a lot of notes to capture all of the details of our conversation.

Closer to the date of the wedding we met again to iron out the details and timing of the wedding ceremony. I was impressed that he remembered the fine points that we had discussed months earlier. My husband and I both come from divorced / blended families and he helped us navigate through some tricky family dynamics as it related to the ceremony with ease. He was also very helpful in guiding us through the format of the ceremony and we incorporated a couple of readings and a unity cup ritual that he suggested, which made our ceremony personal and unique.

Rev Jim led our wedding rehearsal and was skilled at corralling a very large wedding party, commanding everyone's attention and making sure everyone knew the drill before the big day. He married us on July 19, 2014 and the ceremony was perfect! Rev Jim made it very special, high energy and memorable. I highly recommend Rev Jim…you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User4420223, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We got Rev Jim's name from a friend who used him and raved about how he did the ceremony. So we inquired about him too. He came to our home and spent a few hours with us asking us questions about how we met and things important in our lives. he asked about our families and our background. On the day of the wedding, we got married outside in our front yard, he was so calming and made sure everything went well. Our guests and families LOVED him!!! They thought it was one of the best ceremonies they had ever been to. He made the ceremony so personal like he had known us all our lives. He was so funny and friendly to everyone...and very professional. He even recommended a string quartet for us and they were amazing!!!! Would highly recommend him and the price was so affordable. Loved him!!!

Profile Picture User4412506, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Back when I was 9 years old, I saw Rev. Jim marry my cousin. In the moments of her vows, she got emotional, and really started to loose it. Jim picked up on this immediately, and made a joke mid vows that made her laugh, and lighten the mood for everyone. I immediately knew Jim would someday marry me. And just last week, he did! Besides being a very close family friend, he sat down and chatted with my fiance and I for over an hour, got to know us, and made our ceremony amazingly personal. The most complements I got all day at my wedding was how amazing our Reverend was. And I couldn't agree more. Thank you Jim, you melted all of my nerves away! We love you!

Profile Picture Kristina, 7/5/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim renewed our vows for our 10 year anniversary at Navy Pier in Chicago. It was a surprise for my wife as Jim and I had planned everything without her knowledge. I could not have asked for a more personal and professional ceremony. Jim made our 10 year renewal more personal than our original vows. Jim took the time to get to know us and he made the ceremony all about our journey together as husband and wife. My wife and I were blown away and it will be an experience we will never forget. Jim’s passion for personal relationships and genuine desire to join the lives of two loving individuals as one really shines. I will drive to Chicago again to renew our vows, as I do not know how anyone could top what Jim was able to do for us.
Thank you Rev. Jim for giving us an immeasurable gift. We are truly thankful.
So if you are looking for someone for a wedding or vow renewal and want someone who cares and treats you as a lifetime friend, then look up Rev. Jim! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Thomas, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim was wonderful! He makes you feel very relaxed and comfortable. He takes his time with you and gets to know you which really helps out with making you feel comfortable with him through all the process. He is very personable yet very professional. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Dennis and Donna, 6/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim was the officiant at our wedding in St. Charles. He's a regular guy who can relate to anybody, and he exudes warmth and happiness. He worked closely with us paying careful attention to how we wanted the service to be - somewhat religious but not too much, casual but with some tradition, joyous and memorable for all. Jim delivered it all.

I think he can step into different versions of his role for people with different goals. From the comments to the vows to his attire, he worked with us to create the right tone for the wedding. During our consult, he took copious notes and incorporated the things we told into the service. He caught me off guard during the service with some humorous musings and it was just right for the feel we were looking for.

Now we want Jim to be our neighbor! :)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/31/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so happy that Rev. Jim was a part of our wedding day. From the first time we met, we knew that we had to have him officiate our wedding. The ceremony was everything we have ever wanted. We didn't want anything religious, which Rev. Jim happily accommodated and he made everything so personal. Whenever I was about to tear up, he would tell a joke to put a smile back on my face. At the reception, our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing he was. We definitely recommend using him for your wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Jim is the best!!! My husband and I were in need of an officiant and weren't sure where to start and I came across Rent-a-Rev while doing an online search. We were so happy he was available for our date, and once we met him we knew we had to have him to marry us.

It was an absolute pleasure getting to know Rev. Jim during our first meeting- he has a great sense of humor and is extremely personable. He was genuinely interested in getting to know us too.

I might be biased... But Rev. Jim conducted the BEST ceremony we have ever been to. Lucky for us, it was ours!!! He spoke beautifully about marriage and love but at the same time keeping it fun. We still have friends and family telling how awesome and funny Rev. Jim was 6 months after the fact.

Stop thinking about it and book him!!!

Profile Picture Giselle, 3/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

5 STAR REVIEW- WHAT MORE CAN I SAY.... WITH ALL THESE 5 STAR REVIEWS YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE BEST WITH REV JIM. OUR WEDDING CEREMONY WAS WONDERFUL - OUR GUEST COMMENTED ON HOW GREAT THE REV JIM WAS AND IN FACT ONE OF OUR GUEST CAME UP TO US TO LET US KNOW REV. JIM MARRIED THEM YEARS AGO AND THEY WERE THRILLED TO SEE HIM. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU REV. JIM

Profile Picture sharen, 2/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Jim married my daughter Liz and her husband Dave at the Morton Arboretum last fall. His joy, wisdom, enthusiasm and deep caring for our family was so evident; many wedding guests commented on the ceremony and what a great choice he was. My mother had passed away 5 months earlier, and we asked Rev Jim about 6 weeks before she passed away if he would consider marrying Liz and Dave twice, once in a smaller wedding at the Assisted Living facility she was at, and then later at the Arboretum. Jim was honored to marry them twice, and at Wedding 1 he did a special prayer for mothers and grandmothers. We all hold onto the memories from both weddings and feel very blessed that Rev. Jim was able to make wedding 1 happen for Nana. He jumped through a few hoops for both and we are indeed grateful....
Bev Hudson, mother of the bride x 2