"Pickled Okra" Reviews

23 | Seattle, WA

23 Reviews for "Pickled Okra"

Kristin · Married on 07/26/2014

Pickled Okra played at our recent wedding Welcome Reception on July 25th, and it was one of the best decisions we made for the entire event! Working with them in the months leading up to the wedding was a breeze... they were always very quick to respond to emails, and we even got to see them play at one of our favorite local watering holes. When it came time for the event, they arrived with plenty of time to setup, and were playing as our first guests arrived. They could read the crowd very well, and by the end of the night, they had everyone dancing! They even let one of our cousins borrow a guitar and played along for a little tribute song! EVERYONE was raving about the music, even people who wouldn't call themselves bluegrass fans! They play such an eclectic mix of music but with their own flair, and they had everyone singing along. I would highly recommend hiring Pickled Okra for any event! We can't wait to see them again!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Margo · Married on 07/12/2014

Besides marrying my husband, selecting Pickled Okra as our wedding band was the best decision and best use of our money. The wedding was a blast! Each member of the band is fun, entertaining, and incredibly talented. They are easy to work with and set an excellent vibe for the party. We had guests ranging in age from 6 months to 90 and everyone loved the band (everyone raved about Pickled Okra for months). They played traditional bluegrass as well as more modern covers with bluegrass twang. We need to have another event so we can hire them again! Honestly, we have zero regrets about hiring this band, they were the BEST!!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2013

I cannot say enough good things about having Pickled Okra as our wedding band! They were very professional, learned a new song for our wedding (which they nailed by the way, acapella, even!), they were friendly, heartfelt and simply wonderful to have as part of our wedding! We cannot recommend them highly enough. Oh, on that note, they have a diverse range of songs they play from Led Zeppelin to Stand By Me - so don't worry about it being a bluegrass-only band for your wedding guests. And they can read the crowd perfectly. - Jennifer & Matt, Cama Beach State Park, November 2013

Sent on 11/25/2013

Kacie · Married on 10/19/2013

These guys are AMAZING!!!! They helped make our wedding such a memorable night. People were dancing on the floor before dinner was even served and there were smiles all around. They were also wonderful at being in contact before and after, which was so helpful during the stress of the big day.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Kathy · Married on 09/14/2013

Oh Pickled Okra! We hired the band for our wedding ceremony and it was probably one of the best decisions we made. They added that special vintage/romantic touch we hoped for. They have a HUGE list of great classics, current songs and their own medleys that bring a smile to your face. Guests had nothing but positive things to compliment the band. They put their own spin to each song and especially LOVED walking down the aisle to their version of Pachebel. Not only do they sound great, they look the part and you can tell they truly LOVE what they do. Our only regret is hiring them for only 1.5hrs! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true! Hire them!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Natalie · Married on 08/10/2013

Pickled Okra absolutely made our wedding unique and special! I had a great experience in professional dealings with them, and enjoyed getting to know them! All of our guests loved the bluegrass/folk feel.
    They learned songs that were new specifically for our event. This made our event feel even more important. Prior to the event, Todd was attentive to all of our questions and desires. They met with me well prior to the event to discuss how everything worked, and I told them what my desires were as well! It was a natural fit for our wedding.
    They were timely and even stayed long into the night for the folks having an extra good time!!
    We can't wait to follow Pickled Okra at local venues!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Micah · Married on 08/03/2013

Pickled Okra was the PERFECT choice for our wedding welcome BBQ. We could not have been happier with everything they did - they showed up early, played great music, were charming and fun to be around, and all of our guests absolutely loved them. I highly, highly recommend booking them for your next event, whatever it is!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Ethan · event on 12/20/2012

Pickled Okra is a fun and happy group. The music is great, and the energy is positive. I would have them play my own wedding.

Laurie · event on 12/06/2012

We could not be happier with Pickled Okra. Their presence made the party more fun and more interesting! Their music was excellent and everyone was raving. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. :) I'll call on them again in the future.. I may make up a party just so I can hire them.

Teresa · Married on 09/28/2012

"Pickled Okra is an AMAZING Band! They are a group of talented , Fun , entertaining and truly nice people! I had never heard of them before Sept. of 2012. While helping our daughter make plans for her upcoming wedding , I asked her what band she had chosen? Being in the music industry , I knew she would probably book a big name band. To my surprise the entertainment would be a band I'd NEVER heard of.....! My daughter assured me they were wonderful. The nite of the wedding I was introduced to the Band , they really dressed the part and I couldn't wait to hear them! Everyone was completely blown away at their talent and Huge variety of song choices! While trying to visit with family members and guests almost every conversation went to "WOW!!...they are awesome!" Its hard to explain how cool it is to hear *Led Zeppelin , *Pink Floyd and The *Grateful Dead preformed by these Bluegrass Masters! They are sooo FUN to watch and listen to! There is nothing too big or too crazy for PO to take on , they are fearless , and the result is by far one of the most entertaining Bands I've ever seen! Our daughters wedding was Beautiful and very special , and the music/entertainment was unforgettable! It doesn't matter if your 5 years old or 85 years old........ You will LOVE "Pickled Okra!!!

Kathi · event on 08/25/2012

Pickled Okra was amazing! They really exceeded our expectations. They were very talented, professional and a great deal of fun. They made our event a great success!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Hunter · event on 08/25/2012

Yep, that's right, I give Pickled Okra a 5/5 on all accounts! As an event planner I really enjoyed their professionalism, flexibility and communication. They were early to sound check and were gracious for the accommodations and amenities that were provided. As a fellow musician I just love their talent, originality and ability to appeal to all ages and walks of life. I have recommended them for many events and weddings and always get great reviews after.

Sent on 01/18/2013

Peter · Married on 08/11/2012

We got married at my in-laws' house in Chelan, Wash., doing most of the planning out of state. I contacted Pickled Okra, sight unseen, based on their videos and online reviews. From the getgo, they were responsive to my questions about scheduling, costs and equipment. The high degree of professional service continued right through the day of the wedding. They showed up right on time and followed our instructions on parking, setup, timing and all the other logistical details that go into moving that many vendors in and out of a small space in such a small time frame. I mention all these details because they become all-consuming on the days leading up to the event. But the real reason to hire Pickled Okra is the music. We had a motley crowd, not all bluegrass fans, and I'd bet every one of them complimented us on the music at one point or another. The group sounded fantastic and has a very long list of great tunes in their playbook. Any band that can pull off "No Woman No Cry" -- with a mandolin, at a wedding -- and leave the guests singing along at the end of the night is well-worth hiring.

Sent on 01/22/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/15/2012

Pickled Okra was the best choice we made during our wedding planning! Paisley & Todd are the absolute best and were so easy going, they completely took the stress out of that portion of the planning. We had a very laid back ceremony & reception; we literally only gave them a few specific songs to play and from that, they totally got our style and played a killer set. If your looking for that old-school twang with a modern twist, these guys are as good as they come!

Mel · Married on 06/23/2012

I have seen this band at two other venues and they are absolutely THE best. I never thought I would have a live band at my wedding but after seeing their energy and sheer love for music and a good dancing crowd I just had to have them. They bent over backwards for us even though they already had other commitments they came through! Wonderful down to earth people... what a steal! I could go on all day.... THE BEST!

Sent on 01/10/2013

While I didn't hire PO for my wedding, they did a terrific job playing at our Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival. Everyone from kids to folks in their 50's had a blast listening to their original new-grass songs and classic rock songs made twangy. I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 01/22/2013

"Pickled Okra"'s reply:

Thanks! so nice of you to say so :) We had a great time at the MB festival
  • User2968053 · event on 05/04/2012

Pickled Okra was EXACTLY what we were looking for and they did an amazing job!

Ben · event on 12/23/2011

We have had Pickled Okra play for a few of our parties and they have always been received very well. They cater to crowd and event, knowing exactly what kind of music to play to ensure a great event. Every time we have a party without them, we often hear, "Where is that awesome bluegrass band? They were fun last time." Todd and Paisley are very friendly and easy to work with. I would highly recommend them for any event that you are planning.

Sent on 01/11/2013

These folks are so good at what they do! Making feel good, foot-stomping music. They will lift your heels and your hearts!

Paisley, Tood, Alyse, and Gary are some of the nicest people to ever serenade you. Just prepare yourself - Paisley's bound to lay down a couple of humdingers (just smile and laugh!)

• User2991700 · event on 07/15/2011

Skilled musicians that the crowd can relate to and enjoy. Highly recommended - great to work with.

You will not be disappointed!

Julius · event on 06/23/2012

Pickled Okra has played my farm party twice. They are punctual, professional, creative skilled musicians, and super entertaining. What could be a better value?

I recommend them without reservation.

• Lala M

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

We, and all of our guests, loved them! Even with it raining for our outdoor reception, they played on. Their energy is so good that people were dancing and partying in the rain most of the night. My favorite memeory is of them taking a break to sing my 8 year old niece's "favorite song ever," WITH her and her best friend. And they worte an arrangement of the song I've wanted for a first dance since I first saw Prince of Theives. The drizzle, flood lights, my love, and my dream song...it couldn't have been better this side of reality.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Annarae · event on 07/22/2011

We are a retirement community - the residents loved "Pickled Okra". I would high recommend them for any event.