New Leaf Restaurant & Bar Reviews

New Leaf Restaurant & Bar 6
New Leaf Restaurant & Bar 7

J Po · Married on 09/22/2018

Magical Wedding due to Top-Notch Service

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the New Leaf. Cathy and her team went above and beyond every expectation not only for our wedding reception, but for the year leading up to the wedding. From the first time we met Cathy at the New Leaf, she made us feel at home and we were immediately assured by her hospitality and thoughtfulness that she would help guide us through the foreign process of planning a reception. She clearly was a wedding vet and we appreciated her guidance for flow, coordination and suggestions that matched what we were looking for in our reception.

Throughout our planning process, we became spoiled with the New Leaf’s outstanding customer service, responsiveness and attention to detail. Cathy and her team answered each and every single of our questions in a timely manner and provided helpful recommendations throughout the process, especially venue specific suggestions.

We went to New Leaf several times leading up to the wedding, sometimes to just grab a drink and others to bring visiting family and friends for a preview dinner (sometimes announced and sometimes announced). Each time we went, the service was fantastic and we were taken care of by Cathy and her team and made to feel at home.

Throughout the process, I expressed to Cathy certain priorities and specific concerns about the needs of our reception re: timing, logistics, you name it – she and her team made those priorities a reality. During the entire process, we were treated like our wedding day was the only wedding this busy venue was holding – this customer service really made us feel special and not a number.

When the big day came, Cathy and her team worked great with my planner and DJ and I truly did not have a concern in the world - which I can say not having any worry on the day-of as a bride was the most important thing to me so I could fully enjoy the reception.

Also, the New Leaf had assigned a host to the wedding couple for the wedding day to make sure we were fully attended to, which was extremely valuable in our busy day. While we were on the dance floor, not only did the staff make sure the couple had water /bubbles/pigs in a blanket, but the staff were also were very attentive in making sure everyone at the reception and dance floor had beverages too. I had never seen this at any of the other weddings I have been to. After the big day, I heard again and again from guests that they were so impressed by the service of the New Leaf.

Cathy and her team’s help made our day magical and effortless. We recommend the New Leaf without hesitation. I recommend that you go for dinner or drinks one night so you can see how the tent lights up and illuminates the surrounding garden. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself and you don’t need a rain plan. If you want an effortless fairy tail wedding with top-notch customer service, the New Leaf is for you.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2018

We loved having our wedding at New Leaf! This is one of the true hidden gems of New York, with a Hudson Valley feel in Manhattan. We feel very lucky that New Leaf was available on our wedding day - if it is available for yours, we recommend booking it without hesitation! Our experience with New Leaf exceeded expectations in all areas. Cathy and her team were simply incredible to work with - very friendly, organized, transparent, competent, and no-nonsense. Cathy is a true professional who knows how to host a great event, and on top of that, she is a very kind person who cares deeply about what she does. Cathy went out of her way again and again to make our wedding special! She was consistently responsive over phone and email and exceptionally accommodating, from the tasting to the event itself. We were very impressed with all the New Leaf staff: they were all so kind and welcoming to us and to our guests! Our guests gave us many compliments on the food and signature cocktails that the awesome bartender created for us. The natural setting of the gardens is incredibly beautiful, the clear tent in springtime was enchanting, and the restaurant itself has so much character and charm. You really won't find another venue like this in New York for such great value. Thank you, Cathy and team, for helping us to have such an amazing, memorable wedding!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Beth · Married on 01/04/2018

These are stunning photos and an amazing venue. My favorite place to buy wedding gifts and decor I always go to www.5thavestore.com. Check them out they are amazing!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Ellen · Married on 06/26/2017

My new wife and I were beyond thrilled to nab New Leaf for our wedding reception (with the ceremony just a few feet away on Linden Terrace), and were over the moon at how it all turned out! Maegan Hoepelman guided us through every moment and decision leading up to our big day, with joy and laser efficiency. The food was AMAZING, from wine to dessert, and our guests are STILL emailing us, gushing about the short rib! The whole team at New Leaf was amazing, and the service was exceptional. It was a perfect wedding, and we will remember New Leaf's part in it always. Thank you, team New Leaf!!!! You are the BEST!!!❤️

Sent on 07/19/2017

Bianca · Married on 06/04/2016

We recently had our wedding at New Leaf and I could not have been happier with the experience. Cathy Mosomillo, the event coordinator, was great to work with – we didn’t have the negative experiences that some reviewers have described below. We treated her with kindness and respect and received the same treatment in return. In fact, I felt that Cathy bent over backwards to make us happy. Her email style may be a little short, but I think that’s because she’s a busy lady. The staff at New Leaf is so considerate, the food unique and marvelous – guests loved that they could order off the menu at the reception almost as if they were at an actual restaurant (because they were). And, of course, how can you beat the setting of Fort Tryon Park? You honestly can’t, especially in the spring months. There are flowers, greenery – it is such a happy place. We did eventually hire an event coordinator who did a lot of the interfacing with Cathy, but that was largely because we just didn’t want to deal with details and potential vendor problems on the big day. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a unique, reasonably-priced New York wedding. You can’t go wrong here.

Sent on 06/08/2016

When my son and his fiancé began to plan their wedding they visited and met with Cathy Mosomillo.
    They narrowed down their choices to two different venues and then took my husband, the mother of the bride and myself to visit both. They told us about their hesitation about the New Leaf due to some of the bad press. After meeting with Cathy, we were thoroughly impressed yet still wary but thought the New Leaf met all the dreams they had for their event. The beauty of the park that surrounds the New Leaf, could not be matched and the New Leaf was chosen for their wedding on November 7th, 2015.

Over the next eleven months we found Cathy to be nothing short on professionalism and right on target with every question and concern we all had. She provided wonderful recommendations, and great contacts that we used for additional things we wanted to add for the evening. She was responsive to our requests and our emails. On the day of the event, she was there to oversee that everything went right as it should. My son and his fiancé did all of the planning and per Cathy's advice, they made great choices and we thought that they did not skimp on anything. We thought the New Leaf was the most wonderful place to have their wedding. It was a dream come true for them and our guests who came from all over the country were blown away by the venue.
    I know each and every wedding is the very most important day in the lives of the bride and groom and their families. We have one more unmarried child and if she chose to have her wedding at the New Leaf I would be more than pleased and could only hope that Cathy would be there to provide guidance and advise. My husband and I have done a lot of entertaining over the years and have attended numerous events as well. The New Leaf is lucky to have someone like Cathy.

Sent on 01/03/2016

chelsea · Married on 09/20/2014

I had my wedding reception at New Leaf June 6th 2015. I couldn't say enough good things about my experience with them. Cathy is a delight to work with. The day of, my florist basically dumped all of my floral arrangements and left. Cathy and the staff turned the entire place around for me (which was not part of their job) in 1 hour. I'm talking about a truck load of flowers here. I was amazed! The food was fresh and they accommodated any of my guests with food restrictions no extra charge. I hired Meghan as my day of planner. She was great as well. I recommend doing that ladies.. Really helped relieve me of a lot of stress. People still tell me it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever been to. The grounds surrounding the cafe are so beautiful. Especially in the spring and early summer. The only thing that I would like to warn potential brides is be mindful of the time. The park closes at 12am and it's not like you can just hail a cab in fort tryon park. Plan ahead and arrange transportation. I figured uber and calling a car service was enough.. It wasn't. Everyone was having such a great time. Midnight creep up so fast and I had a wave of 100 people all standing outside waiting for cars to come. Plan ahead and and avoid this. Expecially if you want to get married on a Saturday. Overall, we were very happy we went with this venue.
    Best of luck!
    Chelsea

Sent on 03/21/2016

Laura · Married on 05/03/2014

My husband and I had a truly special wedding at New Leaf Restaurant in Fort Tryon Park in early May. The weather held for us and we were lucky enough to have the ceremony outside in nearby Linden Terrace, followed by cocktails, dinner and dancing under the clear tent at New Leaf. The setting was gorgeous and easily accessible, which were our two main criteria when finding a site, but the food turned out to be phenomenal! Portions were generous, service was attentive, plating was gorgeous, and we're still getting complements. My friend put it best, that New Leaf is "Stone Barns, for people in the know". I totally agree, and my husband and I could not have been happier with how the evening played out.

Sent on 05/24/2014

Joe · Married on 11/02/2013

We had a fantastic wedding experience at the New Leaf. Tiffany and team were unbelievable, and the venue is spectacular. Setting is gorgeous, and the food and staff are first class. I'd recommend 100 times out of 100.

Sent on 12/04/2013

The venue was beautiful, the service and staff second to none, the food did not disappoint and the Director ensured it all came together without a hitch. I would highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2013

I was skeptical to see most vendors on this site rated 5 stars. New Leaf, however, deserves no less. The value is above what any other vendor could have offered. Tiffany took care of our piecemeal questions efficiently, doing her best to work with the Parks Department when we learned the permit for our date was taken, and entirely gracious in changing our date to accommodate permit availability.

While inconvenient for staff, New Leaf was also accommodating when I wanted to wait until the last minute to decide if the wedding would be held indoors (a free option for rainy days). Unfortunately, the rain kept us inside, but it could not have been under better management. Tiffany required vendors to work directly with her on setting up (rather than approaching me). Our DJ showed up with extra equipment...the band was late...all was managed professionally without adding questions, decisions, or stress to our day. Tiffany knows her venue and truly takes command - exactly what we needed.

I was told I should have seen my aunt's face when she realized there was a full meal after numerous, exceptional, appetizers. You select three entrées on top of a vegetarian dish, and guests choose what they feel like that evening. We received numerous compliments on what guests described as a quality restaurant meal. You would never guess the food was prepared for a large party. The best filet mignon my cousin ever had.

The staff, many working at New Leaf for years, were professional and on top of everything. Upon hearing that my friend had a temporary dairy restriction (it doesn't agree with her little one), the head chef walked out to discuss what requirements she had and which options they could make friendly for her. Who does that? Simply above and beyond.

Only downside is that New Leaf cannot control wedding permits in the park (nor do they have access to the database to see what is or isn't available in advance)...not much they can do about that.

Sent on 08/18/2013

New Leaf Restaurant & Bar's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you throughout the planning process and a joy to be part of the big day. We hope to see you at New Leaf again soon!

Kathy · Married on 05/04/2013

My overall experience with New Leaf was excellent. Their venue coordinator Tiffany was extremely helpful throughout the whole process: she was always calm, responsive, patient, and nice. Booking Process: make an appointment with Tiffany and she'll show you all the possible ceremony sites within the park, the cocktail hour, reception areas and answer all your questions patiently. Book early! Food Tasting: unbelievably good. All yummy and they give you a doggie bag in case you can't finish (most likely you won't, b/c they give you so much. Planning Process: Tiffany is very responsive and the venue is very relaxed and laid back (they let us borrow some of their furnitures, our dogs..) Wedding Day: All the staffs were willing to help with the set up. It's still a restaurant so each table had a wait staff table service (guests were able to order drinks with their waiter without having to go to the bar).

Sent on 05/24/2013

New Leaf Restaurant & Bar's reply:

Thank you for the review of your overall experience at New Leaf, from the first meeting to the wedding tasting and finally the big day! It was wonderful working with you and we hope to see you soon!

Nao · Married on 04/27/2013

We are extremely happy that we chose to have our wedding at New Leaf! The location was beautiful, the venue/set-up (we had a clear tent) was gorgeous, the food (especially the duck!) was amazing, and the service impeccable! Tiffany and her team were truly professionals and catered to us and all of our guests. We are so thankful, because of them we had an amazing time and truly enjoyed our once-in-a-lifetime day with our friends and family. All of our guests, from the young to the old, enjoyed the evening - especially the atmosphere, drinks, and food! We got nothing but great feedback and compliments.

From the start Tiffany was very friendly, easy to work with, and responsive. We had to pick from a few venues and we knew New Leaf was the one immediately after we met with her. Tiffany was also very assuring and patient, which helped made the planning process easier and smoother.

We 100% recommend New Leaf, both as a restaurant and definitely as a wedding venue, to anyone and everyone. But book early, a place like this gets booked up quickly! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/15/2013

New Leaf Restaurant & Bar's reply:

Thanks, Nao and Tom! It was a pleasure working with you both in creating the wedding of your dreams. It means so much to our service staff, kitchen team and myself to read about the highlights of your wedding reception with us! Hope to see you again soon.

Clare · Married on 03/29/2013

This is a review for New Leaf, but especially for Tiffany Hogan, the event coordinator at the New Leaf. I would love to see Tiffany organize everything in my life. Nothing is a problem. She is calm, professional, charming and one of the nicest people I have ever met. She has been at New Leaf for over 5 years and it shows as the whole operation runs like clockwork. It was the first venue that we visited and we basically wanted to write her a cheque five minutes after meeting her. I would wake up in the night with a million questions, shoot her an email, and a few hours later have a calm email back with everything answered.

We had a smaller wedding with 56 people and the venue was perfect size. We did our ceremony on Linden Terrace and then the reception in New Leaf. Every guest, and I mean, EVERY guest, commented on the food and this was a pretty good foodie crowd. We literally had people running up to us when we walked in saying that it was the best food they have had in ages, not just the best wedding food, the best food, period! Since it is a restaurant, everything is made to order and deliciously fresh.

Aside from the food, the service is impeccable. The same staff work at the restaurant, so there is no problem training or coordinating the staff. They were charming, unobtrusive and really elegant in their work. Lovely little touches like having waiters wait outside for all the guests with cocktails and wine (including the groom and myself, who came in much later) or my FIL asking about the wine and the waitress offering to steam the label off for him were done with no fuss, just perfect style. Not a drink glass was empty for a minute, or a napkin accidentally dropped to the floor before being replaced by this stellar team.

I honestly have woken up every day since my wedding and been so grateful that I met Tiffany and her team at New Leaf and feel so blessed that we were able to have our wedding there and have nothing but good memories of that day.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/17/2012

We had the best wedding ever, and our guests thought so too. If you go to the New Leaf for dinner and can envision your wedding there, you should do it. Fort Tryon park is one of the gems of New York City, and this restaurant is the perfect compliment to the setting. The food there is amazing, and the food at the reception was no different! The quality of food was a major deciding factor for us in selecting our venue. Again, our guests are still talking about how delicious all the menu items were. We opted for a cocktail-style reception with passed hors d'oeuvres, a pasta station, an antipasto table and a carving station, but I'm sure a sit-down dinner would be amazing as well. Our welcome drinks were lovely and the whole night was a success. Tiffany, the event coordinator is organized, professional and smart, she will make sure your event goes of without a hitch. Her suggestions were always right on and her taste level is really high; she understood our sensibility and aesthetic as a couple, and made sure that was reflected in the venue. You will be in good hands with Tiffany, and you can't go wrong with the beautiful location.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Kim · Married on 10/13/2012

The New Leaf over exceeded our expectations for our wedding event, from the beauty of the venue itself to the responsiveness and attention from the staff. They were incredibly accommodating and thoughtful, and they were very transparent during the whole wedding planning. We had complete trust that they would make our wedding day perfect, and they did.. The food was spectacular, our guests are still commenting on how it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! I highly recommend The New Leaf for a wedding event, and as a regular restaurant for dining.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2012

We had a stellar experience working with Tiffany, the events coordinator at New Leaf, and our guests had an absolutely delicious evening. Our guests unanimously praised the warm but professional service and the superb quality of the food and drink. We highly recommend New Leaf! You may just have to book very far in advance; we booked in May for July the following year.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Tiffany and the staff at the New Leaf Restaurant exceeded all expectations for our summer wedding. During the planning process, Tiffany was always pleasant, helpful and responsive. The event execution couldn't have been better and no detail was left unaddressed, from the polished silverware to our ceremony needs. The food was AMAZING, as was the service, and all of our guests agreed. Any restaurant that can deliver a perfectly cooked steak to over 100 people deserves a prize and the New Leaf did that and more. I cannot wait to return!

Sent on 06/30/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2012

I had a simply 16-person weekday reception luncheon with New Leaf and was extremely pleased with the service that we received. The event manager, Tiffany Hogan, was considerate and good at offering ideas for what day and what food choices would work best for a party this size. The food was top notch and my husband and I are going to be going back much more regularly (before the reception we had only been once for brunch). Every member of our gathering raved about the food, the service, the ambiance, and the overall experience we received here. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any future brides.

Sent on 06/02/2012

Gregory · Married on 03/31/2012

The best way to sum it up is how everyone said it was one of the best weddings they've been to. Humbly, part of that was us but alot was New Leaf. The setting was gorgeous, the service and food during the event was great, the service before (like advising of flowers, seating, food choices, etc) was great and the cost was reasonable. No hassles at all.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Tom · Married on 11/26/2011

When my (now) husband proposed to me, I had one place I knew I wanted to get married and that was New Leaf Restaurant & Bar in Fort Tryon Park. Beautifully set in the park where we take our weekly walks, close to the exquisite Cloisters museum and the breathtaking views of the Hudson and the George Washington Bridge, it's where I always dreamed of getting married if the possibility of gay marriage in New York ever existed. However, I'd checked into it out of curiosity about a year earlier and thought it might be too cost prohibitive. But when I contacted their wedding coordinator, Tiffany, she was quick to work with us to meet our budgetary needs. We decided on a cocktail reception instead of a sit down dinner, which was more in keeping with the kind of party we'd want anyway. And even then, they bent over backward to make tweaks in the listed price to fit more into our budget. They were incredibly solicitous to our needs every step of the way, from the sumptuous tastings of the possible hors d'oeuvres and signature cocktails, to coordinating with our wedding planner on design and execution, to the timing and service on the day itself. There was not a missed step anywhere along the way. Everyone commented on how amazing the food was, as well as our signature tea rose martini. And the service was impeccable. I'd recommend to any engaged couples wanting to marry in Manhattan that they put New Leaf at the top of their list of contenders.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Christina · Married on 11/05/2011

New Leaf Restaurant was a beautiful and special site to have our wedding ceremony and reception. My coordinator at New Leaf, Tiffany Hogan, was thorough, easy-going, knowledgeable, supportive and gracious with the planning process. My family and friends still continue to comment on how great the food was. As a bride, I can tell you that I made sure to have the time to enjoy my meal at New Leaf given how phenomenal their presentation was when my husband and I had done our menu tasting - they did not disappoint on our wedding day, it was all freshly prepared for each of my 80 guests. New Leaf made the event so much more intimate, warm and unique than what most of my guests had seen at other, mostly traditional wedding banquet/hotel sites. While everyone will add their own touch to the site for their event, New Leaf's ambiance enhances the notation that "simplicity is bliss", and it was from that that we were able to give our guests a feeling of vintage/old New York, but with the flare of the city still aglow. We really loved our event at New Leaf and could not have asked for more.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Meredith · Married on 09/10/2011

New Leaf was the absolute perfect place for our wedding! The food is wonderful quality (I recommend their brunch too on Saturdays!), and made with a conscience (seasonal etc.). The coordinator is super helpful and managed to answer all my questions promptly despite weddings taking place every weekend. And better yet, your rental of the location goes to support a wonderful cause!

Sent on 10/05/2011

M · Married on 07/30/2011

I had the pleasure of working with Tiffany Hogan, the event manager at the New Leaf Restaurant and Bar, to help plan my recent wedding. There was no more daunting task in my mind than planning a party not to mention a wedding. Tiffany met me and my now husband with genuine interest in creating an event we would remember.
    Without question, Tiffany identified the potential problems that created the biggest concerns in the prospect of planning a party for 100 of our closest family and friends. She guided me gracefully through the entire process of planning the party with enthusiasm and courtesy. She was not pushy about any aspect of the wedding - from the tent company we chose, to where we placed flower arrangements - but did share her very valuable opinions that resulted in a great party. She knew what needed to get done and helped organize me in accomplishing those tasks.
    The essence of Tiffany’s professionalism was truly noted on the day of the wedding. Her confidence in how perfect the night would be and her insistence that I need not worry about anything ensured a good time for me. We never missed a beat. All went with precision and control or if it didn’t, it was not evident to me or any of my guests. The service was smooth and pressure-free which resulted in an enjoyable atmosphere. The amount of gratitude I owe Tiffany for making my wedding a perfect, stress-free event is immeasurable.
    Since that day, all who attended the event have had nothing but positive comments to share with my husband and me.
    Thanks to her I have only fond memories of my wedding day. I highly recommend Tiffany to anyone looking for a confident, capable, professional event planner.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Evelyn · Married on 04/30/2011

I'm so happy that I choose the New Leaf to have my reception in. Tiffany was great to work with and was very responsive throughout the planning process. Knowing that she was there to coordinate on the day of made me feel reassured that it would all turn out great & it did. The restaurant looked great, the staff was really friendly and the food was delicious. Everyone commented how great it all was. If you are looking for a low-key yet beautiful reception you should definitely check out the New Leaf Cafe.

Sent on 05/02/2011