9 Reviews for New England String Quartet

String-Quartet (1)
Violin (1)
Cello (1)
Viola (1)

The New England string quartet is the most affordable and talented quartet in the area. Not only do they have an awesome classical and contemporary repertoire, they were willing to make many original arrangements upon our request, under short notice of less than two months. We especially enjoyed our requested arrangements of Moana’s “How Far I’ll Go”, the Lion King’s “Circle of Life” and Mozart’s Marriage of Figaro theme, among others. Our guest similarly loved their performance during cocktail hour.

Some reviews online say they are unresponsive, but as far as I can tell they always responded to my emails always within a day. If you are looking for a string quartet that delivers wonderful music, is easy to work with, and yet economical, the NESQ is a great choice.

Profile Picture Caroline, 1/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had the New England String Quarter [perform for our ceremony and cocktail hour at Glen Manor and they did an oustanding job!! They played absolutely both the more traditional ceremony music and then switching over to more contemporary things like the Beatles, Frank Sinatra, etc. during cocktail hour. The value is absolutely fabulous with them and their performance was top notch! My only complaint was that sometime after sending my deposit and signing the contract I had reached out for about 4-6 with no response which caused me to panic thinking I had potentially lost my music and would have to find someone else at the last minute. Everything worked out perfectly in the end!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Viola, Cello, Violin

They may look young, but the New England String Quartet performs like seasoned professionals. They played so exquisitely at our wedding that many of our guests photographed and even recorded them, and many commented on how much further elegance they added to the wedding. They are highly professional, warm, responsive, and are excellent musicians. My husband and I truly appreciated their great pricing--they were the least costly out of all the other quotes we received for even less musicians and less performance hours, and their pricing included travel fees from MA to RI. We loved and took full advantage of their extensive list of songs, playing both classical and more contemporary songs. They even had the Zelda theme song which fit in perfectly with the subtle video game theme at my wedding. I highly recommend them and will definitely be hiring them for future events.

Profile Picture Diem, 7/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Where do I begin? The New England String Quartet are amazing, truly amazing! I feel so lucky that they played our wedding! Everything about them was wonderful. Julia was wonderful to email with, so kind and professional. The quartet even traveled up to Maine for our event! They played outside on the balcony and then moved inside for the cocktail hour, and then moved upstairs to perform our first dance for us. A first dance song that they arranged and learned for us off of a YouTube video because there was no sheet music available. How amazing is that!!! Add to all this that they are incredible musicians. People keep asking how I found them. I'm just sorry that I didn't get to listen to them during the cocktail hour, but I hope to see them playing out some time. Thank you so much to all the members of the New England String Quartet for all that you did and for making our wedding truly unique and wonderful.

Profile Picture Christine, 6/14/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I worked with Julia and team and was very impressed and very happy with their performance. NESQ performed at our ceremony, our cocktail hour, and Julia herself accompanied a recording of John Legend's "All of Me" for our first dance. When searching for string quartet's we had our friend who graduated from Julliard (Cello) vette our musicians. NESQ was his number one choice (and he nixed my #1 choice because he said they weren't good enough). We trusted him and NESQ was awesome.

Profile Picture User4131625, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

It was very important to me to have good strings play for our ceremony, and we were so happy with the New England String Quartet. Julia worked with me to establish a well-rounded set of songs for the different aspects of the ceremony, and it came together beautifully!!! The quartet is so professional and so talented!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/3/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They performed at my church ceremony and did a beautiful job!!!

Profile Picture jennifer, 5/19/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The New England String Quartet made our wedding ceremony so special. I was able to walk down the aisle to Cannon in D and they played beautiful pieces before and during our ceremony. They even accommodated our soloist (my cousin) and composed a quartet from piano music I gave them! They are extremely professional and talented and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an experienced string quartet to play during their ceremony!

Profile Picture Colleen, 12/31/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Positively amazing. My husband used to play the violin, actually, and he was sold when he saw the violinists play. As he noted: "What they're doing might not look like much to anyone without a background in string instruments -- but that is intense. You have to be incredibly good to pull what they're doing off." Of course, I was too out of it to hear the music when the ceremony was actually happening (I wonder why =)), but the music from the video recorded was perfect. So happy, completely recommend them.

Profile Picture Abby, 6/26/11, 8 Reviews