Monterey Dance & Event Center Reviews

30 Reviews for Monterey Dance & Event Center

• Antonette

Antonette Clark · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Style & Elegance

My niece Jennifer Beals and her husband to be Derek recently held their wedding and reception at he Monterey Dance & Event Center. We were pleasantly surprised with how perfectly this venue lent itself for both events. The wedding set up, platform and lighted arch trellis was beautiful. Seating for the wedding ceremony was comfortable and ample. All done in elegant creamy hews. Parking was readily available as well for all the guests. Everyone congregated in the foyer with hors d'oeuvres adjacent to the bar area while the seating was quickly rearranged for the reception. Again, the décor and seating perfectly accommodated everyone with ample room for the dance celebration. Both bride and groom appeared to thoroughly enjoy their special evening with family and friends.

Thank you Monterey Dance & Event Center for a wonderful wedding and celebration experience!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Monterey Dance & Event Center's reply:

Dear Antonette, I thank you very much for your kind words, and gladly to know that our service was pleasing to you and your experience with us was great. Sincerely, Michell & the team
  • Grace

Grace Seibert · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Jennifer & Derek's Wedding Review

On Feb 29th my dear Niece and Her fiancé tied the knot at Monterey Dance & Event Center. It was a wonderful experience from arrival appetizers and prelim cocktails to The beautiful wedding and extraordinary reception with DJ music and photo booth and lots of area to mingle. It was beautifully organized and everyone had such a great time dancing and mingling and eating. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely. I would highly recommend Monterey Dance and Event Center, it was classy, fun and very professionally done without pretentiousness. Well Done!

Monterey Dance & Event Center's reply:

Thank you very much Grace for your kind words. It was truly a great party, everyone had a wonderful time, including myself.
    Sincerely, Michell

Jennifer Beals · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Wow....Happy Bride Here!!

Wow just wow. Happy bride here. From the venue allowing you to bring in your own drinks, bartenders, caterers but they supply with fee DJ, chairs, tables, linens and seating chart maps you can have the most elegant wedding on a beer budget. The venue backdrop had high archways and chandeliers with up-lighting and disco ball, I saved so much money NOT having decorations (no flowers). Such a cool thing, the venue changes colors throughout the night. We started with gold lighting during dinner and changed to a soft blue for dancing. I saw my guests pictures posted on fb and every square inch of this venue is beautiful from the dance floor, bar area, bathrooms and bridal suite from the floors to the archways. My nieces were always in the bridal suite because it’s so cute and feminine. The dance floor is amazing and the venue helps coordinate your first dance song…no boring spinning around and around, but a dance that showcases every inch of your bridal dress.
    Let’s not forget about the location, the real star of this venue!! The location, right across the street from the Monterey mall with Whole Foods and Rite Aid. There are 5 hotels within 2 blocks of the venue. Feel free about letting your guests drink alcohol all night long because they can walk back to their hotel rooms. I hired Michell as the wedding coordinator through the venue. Such a reasonable rate. She is worth three times the amount she charged and answered every question, phone call and email within hours. Michell even booked the salon for my wedding party’s hair next door to the venue when I forgot.
    The groom and I paid for our own wedding and we were on a tight budget. Since we brought in our own food, drinks and decorations, it became an affordable wedding with happy guests.

Monterey Dance & Event Center's reply:

Thank you very much Jennifer. You are amazing to work with. You planned out your own wedding with class & style. My team & I enjoyed tremendously to take part in at your wedding. We wish you & Derek with all the best ! Sincerely, Michell
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Getting married on 05/04/2021

Best Leap Day Wedding!

Michelle & her staff will work their tails off to insure that EVERY detail of your special day is met. This was my sister's wedding and the day could not have been better. The venue is beautiful inside and there was plenty of parking for all the guest. There are only 2 stalls in the women's bathroom and we had 130 guest, we were nervous that this might be an issue, but it never was. Michelle even went as far as getting hair appointments arranged for 6 people in the little (cute) salon next door. We were able to relax and get a little pampering before the wedding. I will admit that the "no entry till 2:00pm" seemed unreasonable for setting up, but then I came to understand that Michelle and her team were there "working" so hard from that time till (most likely) way after the 10:00pm time that we all left. I'm so grateful this happened before the height of the pandemic that has now hit everywhere. PLEASE consider this venue when planning your big day, you will not be disappointed by any means!

Sent on 04/17/2020
  • Allison

Allison Smith Lopez · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Beautiful venue

This venue was ideal for us, lots of parking, close to nearby hotels for out of town guests. Michell was great in the planning process, as well as providing a free dance lesson as part of our contract. Our ceremony and reception were at the center, which was nice for our guests with limited mobility and those unfamiliar with the area. The inside is gorgeous and the lighting can be color coordinated to your theme.
    Very good value and highly recommend if you are on a budget or want an elegant indoor venue.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Monterey Dance & Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for celebrating your wedding event with us. You and Christopher were delighted to work with. And Your First Dance was a hit, the entertainment of the night. It was my first experience to work with other’s wedding choreography, I am very proud of you two that you have make up your own fun wedding dance. The crowd went wild for you ! Best wishes to you ! Sincerely, Michell

Rosa Bustos · Married on 02/29/2020

Monterey Dance & Event Center

This was a very nice venue for Jen & Derek’s wedding & reception. The size of the ballroom was perfect for the number of guests in attendance. The foyer / bar was the perfect place for the apps. and bar it is very welcoming. In the ballroom itself, the tables were arranged nicely with plenty of room to move around the catering tables that were set up beautifully at the back and out of the way. There was plenty of room on the dance floor, and the music sounded great. I'll definitely keep it in mind and will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a site in Monterey.

Sent on 03/02/2020

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2018

I had my wedding here recently and I am so glad I chose Monterey Dance and Event Center! First of all, the space is gorgeous! It has a disco ball on the ceiling that adds nice ambiance along with mirrors, a grand piano (which was tuned if you know how to play or want to hire a pianist), a TV in the lobby where you can do a photo montage (just pop it on a USB and you're good) and a cute lobby/outside area. A few things that I found rare in the Monterey area and super awesome about this space:

-They have an adorable bridal room with private bathroom for the bride (look at the photos on their website, so cute! White furniture, beautiful mirror, etc.)
    -The venue came with 75 gold chiavari chairs (this is crazy as usually those totally cost to rent)
    -They have a gobo they can project on the wall with a little bride and groom that say congratulations
    -The rental comes with a dance lesson which was super fun and amazing- I mean obviously they are a dance studio so of course the lesson was first class. Hehe.
    -Here's the most unbelievable one I found: THEY DON'T CHARGE CORKAGE!!!! You can bring in your own alcohol and bring in your own caterer, no worries!!!! Other than the beautiful decor, I think for sure that was the thing that sold me on the venue!!
    -Beyond the reasons above, I thought they were certainly the most reasonably priced space I found from my research (things get crazy expensive getting married in the Monterey area, I learned very quickly)

Day of, we were blown away. Everything looked perfect and several of the guests raved about the elegance of the space.

Five stars!! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect. I'm so grateful and glad we chose this space!!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Perla · Married on 08/11/2018

Beautiful and cozy place. Good size venue.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Cecilia · Married on 06/02/2018

Beyond awesome!!! Everything was beautiful. Michelle and Bridgett were very helpful.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Marc · Married on 04/21/2018

Such a great location, great people and great price

Sent on 05/19/2018

Karen · Married on 03/10/2018

We just held our daughter's wedding here and it was beautiful - the room is gorgeous and it looked so romantic with the candlelight and everything! Michell was great - easy to work with and accommodating us in every way and guided us since this is our first child to be married - my caterers said it was the smoothest job they ever did - Everything was perfect - the venue is deceiving from the outside - make sure you go inside and see for yourself how beautiful it is!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Andrea · Married on 03/10/2018

This was a wonderful venue for Bryan & Amy's evening wedding reception. The size of the ballroom was perfect for the number of guests in attendance. The foyer was the perfect place for the cheese/fruit display and bar. - An immediate feeling of being welcomed. In the ballroom itself, the tables were arranged nicely with plenty of room for moving around; catering tables were set up beautifully around the perimeter of the room; there was plenty of room on the dance floor, and the music sounded great, too!. I did not know this site was available for personal events. I'll definitely keep it in mind for myself and will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a site at a convenient location with quality management!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Samantha · Married on 05/13/2017

Everyone we met with there and the lady who gave us our initial tour of the place were very friendly and accommodating. They took their time in showing us the location, the lighting, the sound system, how the tables/chairs will be set up and spaced, the bride's dressing room, the kitchen area for catering, etc. Also, they showed us sample videos of weddings and answered all our questions and said they were open to special requests. We were very satisfied with this place and can't wait to use it on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Vanessa · Married on 02/27/2016

We had such a wonderful experience with Monterey Dance Studio & Events Center, everything was so exquisite, stunning & amazing. Michelle made our experience seamless & perfect to accommodate all of our wedding needs. Monterey Dance Studio was so accommodating to my caterer & all of my vendors (: With Michelle's help everything came out perfect & on schedule that day!! (: All of our guests were WOWED by the beautifulness & elegantness of this venue space <3 The bridal suite was absolutely stunning & made me feel extra special as I got ready there (: Monterey Dance Studio is literally a hidden gem & we were so blessed to have our wedding there (: Everything was so beautiful & amazing, we are actually looking for any excuse to just throw another party there (: On a side note my husband & I were so happy that our booking came with two dance lessons (we needed it with our two left feet) hahaha We highly recommend Monterey Dance Studio for any of your special occasion needs &/or dance lessons (:

Sent on 03/23/2016

Karen · Married on 08/08/2015

Beautiful venue & big enough for most any event.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Kathy · Married on 04/18/2015

As two avid Scottish country dancers, we needed to hold our wedding in a place with a good wood floor for the dance reception with space for about 80 dancers to dance at the same time and 125 guests overall. We found that and much more at Monterey Dance, a ballroom dance studio and elegant gem of a hall. Elegant and very tastefully appointed, it has the stateliness of a fancy hotel but is a much more reasonable size for most people and is MUCH more affordable. In addition to the main hall, it has an inviting lobby, a lounge/warming kitchen for the caterer to prepare and store food, and a lovely bridal room. The wedding package includes a DJ or a sound system for a band, and the room has great acoustics. We had both the ceremony and the reception there. The owner, Michell, helped us work out a plan to reset the room from ceremony to reception, working quickly with her crew to move chairs, tables, an arch, etc. She was also very patient with our many questions, changes, and visits to work out logistics. It all worked out beautifully, and both dancing and non-dancing guests loved it!

Sent on 04/26/2015

Shirley · event on: 10/15/2013

My husband and I have been taking dance lessons from Michele at Monterey Dance for several years now. She is always a delight to be with and has been especially helpful in helping my husband understand how to lead. She is very patient with new learners and with husbands who are sometimes slower than others. She has a wonderful sense of humor and I believe can teach anyone to dance!

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • User3594512 · event on: 10/10/2013

Patient, friendly, enthusiastic, great memory

Sent on 10/10/2013

Heather · Married on 10/01/2013

Hi. We are having our wedding here on the 29th of March. So far the owner has been very helpful and super responsive. We are having around 110-120 people and they have the tables and the chairs! We are really excited for our dance lessons too!!!

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • User3607943 · event on: 06/29/2013

Monterey Dance Club, owned and operated by Michell Stone, was the perfect solution for our event. The venue, combined with Michell's professionalism, provided a very special birthday celebration. Her attention to detail in caring for the welfare and comfort of our guests, was beyond all expectations. Any future events will definitely have to be at Monterey Dance Club.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Gracie · Married on 03/10/2018

I was a guest at the Rodriguez/Ayers wedding reception a couple of weeks ago and found the Monterey Dance and Event Center to be the perfect venue! The ambiance was just wonderful, the ballroom is open and airy, beautiful glowing lights, a sparkling dance floor and ceiling and the tables dressed with lovely linens and gold Chivari chairs. Definitely upscale compared to other area venues. The event coordinator, Michell, was present through the entire event, ensuring that every detail or need was promptly attended to. She is delightful! I highly recommend Monterey Dance & Event Center for weddings or private parties.

Sent on 03/23/2018
  • User4828829 · event on: 02/07/2015

Beautiful venue for my daughter's sweet 16 party! Everyone had a great time and I received tons of compliments for finding this place.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Kiaran Locy · Married on 02/29/2020

Elegant venue

We recently attended a family wedding here for Jennifer and Derek and had so much fun. The venue was elegant and lent itself to a beautiful ceremony and reception with dancing. Such a cool space and love the dance hall vibe along with the space needed for guests to move around tables, dance and mingle. The outdoor patio and bar area were extra little bonus spaces that worked perfectly for a breather from dancing and holding a crowd between setup of ceremony and reception. Also very walkable to hotels and lots of easy parking.

Monterey Dance & Event Center's reply:

Thank you very much Kiaran for your review. Our team appreciate you & we’re glad that you enjoyed the event at our venue.
    Sincerely, Michell

Steve · Married on 09/30/2017

It was a very nice venu small but big enough. Had a good transition from wedding to dinner after.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Scott · Married on 09/08/2018

We had our wedding reception here in September and it worked perfectly for us. Even with our minimal decorations the space looked beautiful because of the awesome up-lighting setup they have (you can even choose a color theme for the lights).
    My wife has a background in musicals and theater. She was very excited that the space was once a theater itself and you can tell by the wonderful acoustics. Suffice to say our toasts sounded great and we hardly needed a microphone. And our DJ sounded amazing!
    Michell surprised us and was the first to greet us when we arrived at the reception. We heard nothing but sweet things about her help and interactions with our guest all evening! Thanks again for all your help in our planning and setup. Our day was the best!!!

Sent on 10/05/2018