Melissa Mercado Photography Reviews

Melissa Mercado Photography 2
Melissa Mercado Photography 3
Melissa Mercado Photography 4
Melissa Mercado Photography 5

Melissa was very knowledgable of her surroundings in Mexico, she was upfront with pricing, she was extremely down to earth and kind, she made me feel like the most beautiful person in the world, and her final prints are breath taking!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Kate · Married on 06/11/2016

What a gift to be able to capture the feeling and story of a day. I love our photos. The editing is top notch - such vibrant colors and everything flows so seamlessly.

We have an excellent photo of every single one of our guests (there were 70!) and that is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want every photo to be focused on the wedding party and I'm so glad they were able to capture everyone having a great time. Candid moments are the best!

My only wish was that I had thought of ideas to "recreate" for the bride and groom photo shoot during cocktail hour. While I did like some of them, I could tell my husband was uncomfortable at times and wasn't into it. It shows in the photos - not much you can do about that! I should have said something in the moment, like let's move on or try X instead. That hour goes quick, so I could have planned and communicated a little more there. Or had a couple shots to loosen up beforehand!

One of the deciding factors in choosing Melissa was her super fun personality. You definitely want someone fun to hang out with for the day and she was great! She is also very organized and had the timeline and all worked out beforehand.

It did take about 8 months to get the photos - and she was very apologetic about not meeting the original estimate. But of course, worth the wait :) It was so fun reliving the day when they did arrive.

Sent on 03/05/2017

nilou · Married on 11/27/2015

Melissa is truly one of the most talented Photographer's I've ever worked with. She makes the whole process easy and her creativity make the end result unique and breathtaking.

Sent on 12/12/2016

MANDY · Married on 09/14/2014

Great photographer, flexible and easy to get along with! I was very happy with our pictures. It took longer than the estimated 8 weeks for me to get them all, but it was worth the wait. Overall wonderful experience! I would recommend Melissa Mercado Photography to my friends and family.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Mandy + Marshall, I am so glad that you loved your images and cannot tell you how much I appreciate your patience as I was transitioning in my turn around times. I wish you both so well!

Check out Mandy + Marshall's Blush Ceremony here: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/mandy-marshall-azul-beach-destination-wedding-mexico

Vanessa · event on 05/07/2014

Melissa is a talented photographer with a tasteful eye for unique and captivating shots. Working with her was easy and almost effortless and she was very fun to be around. She offered great advice about the area and did not rush through the shoot. Though it took longer than I had hoped to get our photos back, we were understanding of the busy season for Mexico and weddings. When we did receive our photos back, they were more than we had ever expected! Timeless in my opinion, and they preserve memories of our most favorite trip to Mexico yet. I am excited to send wedding announcements with Melissa's beautiful photography on display!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Vanessa!! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your thoughts. I can't wait to see your love unfold - keep me posted on the wedding!!

Check out Vanessa + Eric's DREAMY + DELICIOUS Engagement Session: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/vanessa-eric-playa-del-carmen-engagement-portraits/

Nasha · Married on 08/20/2013

Melissa was amazing. Her work speaks for itself. I love my photos. She delivered on everything she promised. Professional, friendly, creative and easy to work with. My husband and I would use her again for professional photos whenever we return to the area again. Thank you Melissa, you made our day PICTURE PERFECT!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Nasha + Michael, it was not only a pleasure to capture the moments of your day, but also help craft it! Thank you for trusting me and my Elopement Package to be a great way to bring your love to life. From the flowers to the gorgeous you - I will treasure these images as a great milestone in my creative journey.

Big hugs to you both and I hope to see you again soon!
    -Melissa

You can see Nasha + Michael's Elopement Special here:

Ashley · event on 07/08/2014

3.0

Responding to set up an appointment took longer than expected but Melissa did answer all questions that I had and once I decided to go with her it was easy to book/purchase the photo shoot. She was very friendly and helpful. She took time to understand exactly what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. Her website is user friendly and purchasing pictures is easy.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience Ashley. I'm sorry you felt that the experience of setting up the appointment was too long, but appreciate your comments and am ecstatic that you love your final portfolio.

Check out Ben + Ashley's fun family portrait session here:

Patty · Married on 04/05/2016

2.5

Melissa was absolutely wonderful at our ceremony. She was so friendly and professional. Melissa took amazing photos. She is in high demand so getting the photos after the ceremony did take a while, but so worth the wait. Loved them and loved her!

Sent on 12/13/2016