Melissa Mercado Photography Reviews

Melissa Mercado Photography 3
Melissa Mercado Photography 4
Melissa Mercado Photography 5

Jyoti · Married on 10/12/2014

My husband and I got married in Riviera Maya in October 2014. We found Melissa through a friend and we are SO thankful that we did! She is extremely talented and catered to my individual needs. Her photographs are gorgeous and artistic and her energy is contagious. She engaged the crowd, she made recommendations, and was even able to recommend other vendors that we needed such as a videographer, and AV company. She was flexible and extremely easy to work with. Getting married in a foreign country was made easier with the help of Melissa. I am so thankful to have found her to photograph my special wedding day. If anyone is getting married in Mexico, you shouldn't choose any other photographer other than her! I wish she lived in Atlanta so she could be my photographer as my family continues to grow.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you Jyoti for sharing such a wonderful moment in your life with me. i'm honored to have been a part of your fun and couldn't be more tickled-pink with all of the love you have in your life!!! Can't wait to see the new additions come in and help make sure those moments are recorded too! Check out Jyoti + Dustin's Wedding Here: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/jyoti-dustin-azul-sensatori-wedding/

Giovanna · event on 07/07/2014

Melissa is an absolutely pleasure to work with. She makes you feel at ease, she's funny and really knows her stuff. I have done 2 professional photoshoots with Melissa and I love working with her bright and cheerful self! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Gio!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope to make it down-under one of these days and we'll go for session #3 with that handsome man of yours!

Tamra · Married on 07/02/2014

Melissa is a one in a million photographer!!! She was super accommodating and has a wonderful vibrant & fun personality. We hope to go back to Mexico next year and have more pictures taken with her. The boudoir session we did to surprise my husband turned out so much better than I had anticipated (given my lack of complete self-confidence) she was able to pull it out of me despite my total nervousness. Let's just say is was more than a little "surprised".

Sent on 11/10/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Bless your heart Tamra! Thank you for trusting me with your Boudie Session and even more so far asking me to help coordinate your Elopement. I loved getting to know you and that handsome man of yours and hope you'll come adventure again.

Check out Tamra + Jason's Sweet Elopement Ceremony here: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/tamra-jason-playa-del-carmen-elopement-wedding

NIcole · Married on 06/28/2014

I had an excellent time working with Melissa Mercado for my wedding in Cozumel, Mexico. Although I am from NJ, it was very easy to communicate things I wanted for my special day. I would highly recommend her and her team for any photography events. Super fun, helpful and has a lot of great ideas. My wedding pictures came out fantastic and just as I had imagined. Very professional and has a creative eye for details.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

To my Fabulous Fashion Diva + her Handsome Photographer - Thank you thank you thank you! Thank you for such a wonderful weekend of creativity, beauty and wonderful laughter. I can't wait to see you Playa-side for your anniversary next year!

Check out Nicole+Der'rells wonderful wedding weekend here:

Katherine · Married on 06/27/2014

I absolutely love Melissa's work, she was a lot of fun and very talented. I would definitely hire her again for any other of my events. thanks Melissa for the great work!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Kathy + Jorge - you are a stunning couple full of youth and love and I am so so so happy you've found each other. Your day was a delight to have been a part of, your families full of laughter and I couldn't have imagined a splash as your finish and am so stoked you could! Keep surprising each other and I know you days will be long!

Check out Kathy + Jorge's beautiful Grand Velas Wedding here: http://bit.ly/KathyJorge

Jenna · Married on 06/20/2014

Melissa's photographs were absolutely breath taking! I have never seen someone with so much talent and such an eye to capture moments. I will never forget her or this experience and luckily for her, I can remember it always with these gorgeous pictures! I am so thankful for her and wouldn't have changed anything!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Sweet Sassy and Gorgeous Jenna!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE having been a part of bring your day to life! You all clearly know how to throw down and have fun! Can't ask for much more than that. I wish you, Jack + Boston and all of your family and friends so much love and laughter in the years to come. The next time you and the girls come down- gimme a holler, I'd love to share an adult beverage with y'all!

Check out Jack and Jenna's hillarious love here: http://bit.ly/harkweek

Lorena · event on 06/09/2014

Melissa was great! We love our family portraits and have already enlarged and printed several.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Kristie · Married on 06/07/2014

Melissa was amazing! The photos were even more gorgeous than I could have imagined. She made us feel like we were old friends just spending the day together shooting pictures. I want to plan a return trip to Playa just so we can see her face again! I would absolutely reccomend her, she went above and beyond a photographer that day!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Kristie!! There aren't enough words to express the fun I had in being a part of uniting you and Steve. You are such a fun couple with so much love and the day was super sweet! Between climbing trees and breaking into cars, dancing in the streets and tossing the bouquet with strangers - they're certainly memories I'll not soon forget! Thanks for trusting my crazy and sharing yours!

You can view Kristie + Stephen's fun filled afternoon wedding here: http://bit.ly/KristieSteve

Vicktoria · Married on 06/04/2014

Our journey with Melissa has been remarkable. We could not have asked for a better person with so much talent, and gusto to capture the greatest day of our lives. Photography was the most important aspect of our wedding. I know that most brides think that it is the wedding dress, etc., but we figured that at the end of the day all we will have left are the wedding pictures.

Six months prior to our wedding we decided to visit the wedding venue, Melissa came up with the idea of doing our engagement pictures on the beach. It was fun, romantic, natural; she really was able to capture our essence as a couple. That day, we started off as strangers but by the end of the photoshoot we felt like we have been friends all our lives. When we got the pictures from the engagement session there were no doubt in our minds that she was OUR photographer.

During our wedding planning she was very accommodating, flexible and even recommended some vendors when we were in need. On the day of the wedding, she was on time, while I, the bride, was running late from hair/make up. The moment I saw her she managed to put the biggest smile on my face, got me to laugh and making me forget about any stress. From then on I knew that everything would be ok and we would have amazing pictures. I had a few ideas of what I would love to capture while in my dress, and Melissa immediately understood my vision and turn it into a reality. She was always attentive, and extremely friendly. By the end of the wedding, she became a family member.

As for the pictures from the wedding, they are simply breathtaking. Her work is colorful, lively and captures THOSE moments that others tend to overlook. We have already looked through our photos a 1000 times and still cannot stop. When I looked over them for the first time they completely exceeded my expectations. If we are ever in Mexico and she is around, we know we will be calling her to continue to capture our cherished moments in our life.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Vicki + Alex... what can be said besides how blessed I feel to have been and continue to be a part of your lives! Your humor and sense of love are right up my alley and that made showcasing your love so easy! You have wonderful friends and family who gave such wonderful nuggets of advice on your wedding night. Kudos to that amount of love! Can't wait to see you when you come back! Let's go adventure some more!

You can view Alex + Vicki's picture perfect day here: http://bit.ly/VluvsA

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2014

Melissa was incredible! Not only did she do a phenomenal job with our photos, she's amazing to have around -- I loved having here there when I was getting ready, hanging with friends, etc. We didn't want her to leave the party! She is an expert at capturing incredibly beautiful moments without you even knowing she is there. Our pictures came out perfect - we couldn't have been more satisfied. She was incredibly busy this summer, so it took longer than we expected to get our photos, but it was worth the wait.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

A+B, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your family for a wonderful moment in your lives. It was so awesome to see a group of people rally in the face of rain for a whole lot of fun and love and emotion! I would want the same in my life!!! You clearly are surrounded by a community who cherishes you as both individuals, but as a couple too! I send you the biggest hug and can't wait to see you again!

You can view A+B's sweet and drizzly day here: http://bit.ly/AshleyBryan

Crystal · Married on 05/21/2014

Melissa is a dream! Would definitely recommend her services for anyone looking to capture a perfect memory!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Crystal! I loved every silly laughable moment from our adventure together!

You can check out C+J's TTD: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/crystal-joel-trash-the-dress-in-puerto-morelos-mexico/

Jeanette · Married on 05/17/2014

Lady M aka Ms. Melissa Mercado, was phenomenal!
    We started planning our wedding (05/17/14) in June/July '13 from San Francisco. We knew the venue (Hacienda Corazon in Puerto Aventuras). I knew I wanted a photographer from the Riviera Maya area, someone who would already know the area, lighting, etc...
    I contacted the very sweet and immediately responsive Ms. Mercado via email. Which quickly lead to at least a 1hr phone conversation. I knew after 1 email and 1 phone conversation we HAD to have her capture our day. Her energy and light around her is infectious.
    She is organized, professional, and runs on time/schedule. Which is extremely important on the most important day of one's life. Her team was professional, creative, and kind. We spent a Wonderful 12hr day with her and her team.
    My husband, my family, and guests all noticed how attentive her and her team are to every detail. They were able to capture moments! I didn't want so much a typical pose and capture wedding experience. She and her team were able to capture tears (mostly mine), hugs, kisses, touches, and looks. Priceless moments we'll never experience, again.
    Melissa, was so kind, she even took off her shoes so I could walk along the beach. Who does that? LADY M! Her and her team are willing to do whatever they can to help capture that perfect picture just for you! We didn't feel like just another client/number, we truly felt they were invested in our whole wedding experience.
    I can't gush enough about Melissa Mercado Photography!
    Gracias!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Lady J!!! From one big heart to another - thank you so much for sharing your love and laughter with me. It was a pleasure to capture these moments in your journey and I can wait to see you and Mr. P in the future!

Check out J+P's Wedding in Puerto Morelos here: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/jeanette-paul-hacienda-corazon-wedding-in-puerto-aventuras/

Theresa · event on 05/15/2014

One word to describe the photo session with Melissa: PHENOMENAL

Professional, attentive and creative are just some of the words that describe Melissa. I was really nervous about the photo shoot because I'm not comfortable with the spot light being on me. Melissa made me feel at ease and made the session fun for both my family and I. The proof is in the pictures, which are amazing! I have received so many compliments on how great the pictures turned out, and this is all thanks to Melissa wonderful gift!

If you are interested in capturing important events in your life that you could look back on for a life time, then I highly recommend that you get in contact with Melissa Mercado and have her capture those events on camera! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Theresa!!! Thank you so so so much for asking me to be a part of your vacation memories. What a special way to celebrate your families love! Sending my love to you all.

You can check out Theresa's memories here:

Carrie · Married on 05/10/2014

First, I cannot praise Melissa enough. Her professionalism exceeds that of the photographers I know firsthand (I am a photographer myself so I know a lot of people behind lenses!!) Not only was I smitten by Melissa after our first phone call, every single guest at our wedding commented about how awesome Melissa was throughout the wedding. I definitely felt comfortable around Melissa. I had a bridal boudoir shoot the same day and I know I would have had a very difficult time with anyone other than Melissa. She truly helped me feel beautiful and comfortable in my own skin. My family still talks about how fabulous Melissa was, my daughter adored her (and she hates the camera in her face but hammed it up quite a bit for Melissa!) Our friends have already said they want to hire Melissa to shoot their weddings if they end up being in Mexico. My husband loved her work so much, he wants to have a session with her any time we visit Mexico in the future.
    I think Melissa is the perfect photographer to have by your side on your wedding day. She was not in my face in a way that took away from any special moments. Melissa was open to any suggestions I had regarding shots. She explored my Pinterest boards and gathered a great understanding of what I was looking for and she magically moved without getting in the way. Based on your personality, I think Melissa will be whatever type of photog you need. If she senses that you need guidance, I am confident that she will deliver above and beyond. If you're just a natural behind the lens, she is going to move with you. Once she feels you out, I'm sure she will know just the perfect way to capture your special moments.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Sweet Magical Wonderful Carrie. As you get ready to bless the world with another Sebes, I am over the moon you decided to put a few more of your words out into the universe. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your lives with me. I cannot wait to meet the newest member of the family and I send you all big hugs and kisses.

Joanna · Married on 04/25/2014

Melissa was extremely professional and fun to work with! She really knows her stuff. Our photos came out with a clean, crisp beauty that truly capture the light and essence of that day. We had our wedding in Playa Del Carme and met up with her during one of our site visits to the resort prior to our wedding weekend. We appreciated that she took the time to meet up with us in person, get to know us as a couple, and discuss with us what we were looking for in our wedding day photos. Even if you can't meet with her in person, she is very responsive and communicative over email - and it truly helps that she's American and there were no issues with language barriers. :)

Sent on 03/04/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you Joanna! It's wonderful to hear from you and I am so happy you love your images as much as I do. It was a fun filled day!

• User4270591 · event on 04/24/2014

My wife and I loved our time with Melissa! She an excellent professional and creative photographer. I found Melissa through various forums/search engines. Looking through her collection we found her style to reflect our needs best for the baby moon photo shoot. Working through email and a few phone calls we set up the date time and discussed our expectations. My wife being pregnant required a few changes on the day of that Melissa was excellent in accommodating. Our photographs came out unbelievably awesome. We couldn't have asked for an easier process. She also delivered her pictures on time, which in the photography world is the biggest compliment.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience Sushil. I am so glad that we were all on our toes for changing our plans as we went. I think the added location near the lagoon was a wonderful addition to the portfolio and can't wait to meet the baby!

Melissa · Married on 04/19/2014

Melissa Mercado not only has an extensive history and experience with wedding photography but she is free spirited and started her own company that, without question, is excelling. After so much research on the most important component of your wedding I knew after speaking with Melissa over the phone along with her inspiring portfolio made it such an easy choice.

At the wedding venue (Azul Beach) she was so prompt (found me without any way of contact at a resort) and introduced herself!!! She blended with family, friends, and myself especially, which made the entire experience so personal.

So happy with my choice!

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Melissa, you have been such a pleasure to get to know and I couldn't have been happier to be a part of this weekend in your lives. Clearly you have a fun group full of so much love and laughter. May that energy carry you two through all of the days of your lives.

Bug Hugs and a Gazillion Thank Yous!

You can check out Melissa's Wedding here:

From beginning to end, Melissa was amazing to work with. We could never question the PRICE after seeing how hard she had worked with us and our bridal party. After getting the photos we were SPEECHLESS. All of our friends and family were in awe at the quality of the photos. We could have never wished for a better photographer to capture the most important day in our life. For anyone that is needing a photographer, we wish that you consider Melissa, she is incredibly talented at what she does and maybe be one of the best out there. Our family will be using Melissa as much as we can and we hope YOU do the same.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart W+J!!! Your day was so full of color, magic and love. Can't wait to see what kind of the same we can continue in the years to come!

You can view their slideshow here:

Emily · Married on 02/07/2014

What a wonderful experience with Melissa. We hired her to photograph our wedding at the Barcelo Maya Palace. I knew just by looking at her portfolio she was the perfect choice to be there on our special day. From the beginning to the end, she went above and beyond to make sure we knew she was in good hands. She was a lot of fun too! Funny and personable, everyone thought she was awesome. Then we got our pictures: Love!!!! I love looking at them (every day ha, can't help it). She captured every moment beautifully.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Emily, James + Austin - I am so grateful to have been trusted with these wonderful memories. It was a fun and beautiful day and you clearly all have so much love in your lives! I hope to see you for one of your anniversaries! Thank you again and I send you all big hugs and kisses!!

- Melissa

You can view Emily + James' Wedding + TTD here:

Leslie · Married on 01/22/2014

Great experience! She was always available when I had a question. She put us at ease as soon we met her. It could have been stressful making plans for an elopement so far from home, but she made it so simple.

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Leslie - Thank you so much for trusting me to not only capture this intimate moment in your lives, but help orchestrate it as well! I hope the family were able to feel like they were in the moment with you in your final portfolio - I'm dying to know!

Wishing you and Matt a lifetime of sweet and simple moments that make you smile.

Much Love,
    Melissa

You can view Leslie + Matt's Elopement here:

Ashley · Married on 01/10/2014

After decor, the wedding photos were the most important thing at our cancun wedding. Melissa and her team 100%,delivered to my high expectations- they are fantastic! First of all, Melissa's prewedding questionnaires, payment info, etc is all online so it makes for a very efficient process pre- wedding. Before the wedding Melissa takes the time for a phone call to review poses you want and the overall feeling you want to capture at the wedding. On the day of the wedding I was lucky that Melissa brought two people with her to capture our day. Melissa and her team were professional yet fun which helped everyone loosen up. Melissa even helped direct the assistant videographer even though she worked for a different company! We promptly received the pictures around 6 weeks after the wedding and everyone LOVED them! So many people commented that the pictures looked like they were from a bridal magazine! I am so glad we chose Melissa mercado to share our special day with us.

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Ashley you were divine from the moment I met you in Me by Melia! I am so elated to have been a part of your and Sean's day and I am glad that my standard practices of running a business with heart made the journey to I Do a little easier.

With the help from Denise at Eventos Euforia, I couldn't have envisioned your day any more perfect. From your details, to the love you share and the love of your friends and family, it was great to reconnect with all of those moments when I was finalizing your final portfolio. The day was just too much sass, class and way too much fun!

Wishing you both so well,

Go check out Ashley + Sean's Wedding here:

Carla · Married on 12/11/2013

Me and my husband had an amazing experience with Melissa. Although our wedding day was rainy, she used that to her advantage and captured amazingly beautiful pictures. I had also asked Melissa to do our trash the dress shoot and asked her if it was possible to take some underwater shots. This day was unforgettable, the outcome of our shoot was simply magical. Me and my husband had an amazing time and the memories made on that day will certainly last us a life time. I can not thank her enough for all the effort she put in to our special day.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you Carla! It's so nice to hear form you on my birthday!! I am so happy to have been a part of your memories, they're such a wonderful set for me too!!

I was super honoured that you were willing to trust me for your and my first underwater Trash the Dress session - I love what we captured.

Come back and we'll go swimming with sea turtles next time!

Hugs and Big Laughs,

Head over to the blog to enjoy Carla + Tim's Wedding + TTD:

Tracy · event on 11/14/2013

Melissa was wonderful! We vacationed to Mexico with our children and wanted pictures on the beach. We not only got some beautiful pictures, but we had so much fun doing it. She captured the true essence of our kids innocence and playfulness. We've never had professional family pictures taken before and I was so happy we did this. Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 03/15/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Tracy it was such a pleasure getting to finally meet you face to face! You are even more lovely in person. :) So much love to you all and I look forward to seeing you this year!

Much Love,

You can enjoy a little Caribbean fun in the sun with Tracy and Fam here:

Kateryna · event on 11/06/2013

Melissa is amazing and open-heart person, professional photographer. She took care about our pair, proposed drinks and nuts during photosession and made positive comments. Here, in Ukraine we are proud of her photos made in Cenotes by american girl!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Hola Katya!!! All the way from the Ukraine, you and Yaro were divine to share an afternoon with. It's easy to love what I do with a dancer and a banker in love. Thank you for giving me the space to be creative. Much love!

Check out this SPECTACULAR TTD here:

Reza · Married on 10/12/2013

Melissa shot our entire wedding weekend of activities and we could not be happier with the results. She was very professional but was also very fun and comfortable and easy to be around, which is important when choosing a photographer. She was there helping out every step of the way. I would absolutely recommend her if you are considering a photographer in the Riviera Maya, she is the absolute absolute best. The pictures WILL come out amazing, guaranteed.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Reza + Sarah, it was such an honor to be a part of your wedding weekend. We couldn't have asked for more perfect anything. Between location (Grand Velas), coordination (Denise at Eventos Euforia), to a team of wildly talented professionals the weekend was full of color, life and love. Thank you beyond words for asking me and my team to be along for the ride to document it all. It was a blast and an event that we're all still talking about. :)

Much Love to you both!