McConnell House Reviews

McConnell House 6
McConnell House 7
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/21/2014

McConnell House turned out to be our dream wedding venue. This venue provides such a unique and elegant touch. The building is so gorgeous that you save money on decor because it's already so beautiful on it's own. he two main things I have heard after the wedding is, "Who catered your wedding? The food was the best food I have ever had!" and "How did you discover that venue because it was so beautiful!" Kari was so amazing and kept me calm and was so helpful with any questions I had through the process. She was always responsive even texting me when I had a question after-hours. The bridal party got ready in the loft upstairs and Kari made sure we had everything we needed to make it fun and comfortable. Even providing cute mason jars for our mimosas. I'm so happy with our beautiful wedding and so grateful for the staff at McConnell House for all that they did for us. Kari and Chef Carl were amazing! Thank you all so much. I would recommend this venue to anyone! I wish I relive the day because it was so special. Thank you, thank you.

Sent on 07/18/2014

I would highly recommend McConnell House for a Rehearsal Dinner or Wedding Reception venue!! The food was amazing and Kari could not have been more helpful in the planning process. Because we were from another state and were not familiar with the Franklin area, having an experienced and responsive crew was crucial, and I have only kudos for the entire McConnell House experience. Kari provided charts for tables, answered my voluminous emails rapidly and completely, arranged for rentals when I wanted specific additions, provided a very specific contract, and executed all the details beautifully. The whole staff was pleasant and professional and went above and beyond. For example, they figured out a way to string wire and hang a big picture of our bride and groom over a mantle and spent over an hour rolling napkins with some special decorative items that I brought. Chef was also very helpful at the tasting and receptive to our requests and we received many compliments on the food. Oh, and the venue itself with exposed brick and bars and beautiful wood is stunning.

Many thanks for a lovely experience!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Loye · Married on 11/23/2013

Kari and her staff were more than accomodating and delivered as promised in every aspect for our daughter's wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2013

I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this venue is for events. Both during the wedding and now weeks after, we've received the same complement, "That was the best wedding I've ever been to." Along with, "How did you find that venue?" The McConnell House itself is gorgeous, which really helped save on decorations for our wedding. The space is laid out great as well. With various levels and rooms, you can really specialize your wedding and give your guests ample space to mingle. What really sets this place apart from the rest of the wedding venues in the area is the excellent staff and food. Kari was absolutely amazing. She was responsive to every phone call and email and was really attentive to us during the wedding day. She went above and beyond what needed to be done in every way. I can honestly say that our ceremony and reception was completely stress-free and it is almost entirely because of her. The food is on par with anything you would find in a fine dining restaurant. It was some of the best food I've ever had...not wedding food...food in general. Chef Carl was awesome and worked with us to come up with the perfect menu to satisfy our foodie wants and our family's tastes as well. We really could not be happier with our experience with the McConnell House. If we ever need a place for any other large event, it will be here.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Allie · Married on 10/26/2013

Kari, Sharon, and Carl at the McConnell House all helped to make our event a success. They were professional and gave us creative ideas on food, set up, and ambiance for the event. Everyone was a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend them for any type of event whether it be a wedding, rehearsal dinner, or corporate outing.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2013

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with McConnell House from the day we started planning our wedding with them to the day of the wedding. Sharon helped us put together an amazing menu, and Keri was a huge help when we were trying to figure out the details of our ceremony. They were both quick to respond to my emails, and so, so wonderful to work with.

The food from Red Pony was outstanding, and they were even able to make us a gluten free coconut cake that was seriously amazing. Our guests absolutely loved the venue, and we couldn't be any happier with the way everything turned out.

If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a single thing!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Vikki · Married on 10/19/2013

The entire staff at The McConnell house worked as a team throughout the process of planning the wedding. On the big day, they were professional yet blending in with the wedding guest. Wonderful, magical evening!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Emily · Married on 10/13/2013

I absolutely LOVED working with McConnell House for our wedding day. Sharon and Kari are so professional, helpful and fun to work with. They always responded quickly to emails or calls and went above and beyond to make our reception perfect. The event space is beautiful and different from any of the other venues we looked at, as well as having some of the most reasonable pricing in town. My reception was even better than I had envisioned and everyone is still raving about the amazing food and delicious cookie bar! I would highly recommend McConnell House for any event, I know the staff will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Apryl · Married on 09/21/2013

The venue was absolutely perfect! We revived so many compliments on the venue...truly one of a kind. This venue was the total package, atmosphere, unique, great location, beautiful, decorating needed was minimal, flat screens in multiple rooms for slide shows, great room for a band and a dance floor, FANTASTIC food by Red Pony, reasonable alcohol rates, and outdoor deck out back (which my family loved), and lots more!

Kari, the event coordinator, and the staff there were laid back and so easy to work with. They were most responsive the whole way through and helped us tailor things to our style and taste. Thanks so much!

The food was Incredible!!!! The chef worked with us at the tasting to create a variety of options that were not on the venue menu already and that were exactly our style. The chef created a flat bread station for us, that was to die for! We had a Southern station, a chip and dip station and a passed appetizer. Everyone couldn't stop complimenting the food and how deliciouse it was! Thanks for being so willing and excited about creating customized food options for me and my picky husband!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Absolutely loved the McConnell House. We had our Wedding Reception there and it was perfect. The staff was so helpful and responsive during the planning process. The food was absolutely wonderful, our guests told us over and over how good the food was and how much they enjoyed the venue.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Emily · Married on 09/07/2013

The McConnell House provided a beautiful venue for my wedding ceremony and reception. Other than the history and beauty of it, there were two great things about it- One, that it was very budget friendly and two, that the catering, tables, chairs, utensils, etc, were all included. The coordinator of the venue was also very helpful to make my big day just right. I loved the venue and they made my and my new husband's big day better than I had imagined.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Anna · Married on 09/01/2013

The McConnell House was the perfect wedding venue for my husband and I. Kari Mauk was extremely helpful in all the planning. Every time that I had a question, she had an answer. She was very flexible with catering to our needs and the whole process was extremely smooth. They recommended the DJ that we used (DJ Josh), who we loved, and my florist (Belles Fleurs) who went above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. One of the best parts about having our wedding at the McConnell House was that the rentals were included. That made everything so much easier on the planning process. Guests who came to our wedding are still telling us that it was the most intimate wedding they have ever been to. We had our ceremony at the top of the staircase as our family and close friends stood around us, which made it very intimate and we loved that. We also had the reception at the McConnell house. I sent my idea of where I wanted the tables and how many chairs at each table, etc. (since I had a seating chart) around a week before the wedding and they had it set up exactly how we wanted it. The flow of everything was great. We had a signature white sangria cocktail which was SO good. And the food, oh the food. We had a traditional family-style Italian meal and the food was AMAZING. My husband and I went to Italy together in college and so we thought this would be perfect for us. We are very picky about Italian food but it was some of the best we have had in the states! The servers catered to our guests and took very good care making sure everyone was happy. We are so pleased with how everything turned out with our wedding and we owe most of that to The McConnell House. Thank you guys!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Shana · Married on 06/09/2013

Beautiful venue and so accommodating!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

The McConnell House has a unique and warm atmosphere. The interior is brick as well as the exterior. The spaces are separated into small and large groupings at different levels allowing visibility of your group and smaller groups can gather and talk even in a large crowd.

The staff was accomodating and helpful as we planned before the event and as questions arose during the time before our event. They listened to us about the atmosphere we wanted to create for our Rehearsal Dinner and came up with ways we could attain that.

They were flexible with their menu plans and put together a delicious, plentiful dinner that all enjoyed. The staff prepared food ahead of time for us to taste as we narrowed down our choices. Their expertise with the food made it difficult to pick our favorites, but we arrived at a great menu for a family style meal.

The staff was extremely helpful and professional the night of our dinner. They were there to attend to our needs and friendly as they served us. They were attentive to detail and helped with the decorating as we set up. The experience they have with events gave me a relaxed feel and the evening of our dinner, I was at ease.

Kari Mauk was especially helpful and attentive. She provided us with a tour, answered all my emails and phone calls in a timely manner and made me feel she was as excited about our event as I was.

I highly recomomend the McConnell House and Red Pony Catering to anyone that needs to host an event near Nashville.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Joe · event on 05/09/2013

Perfect venue for our event with business leaders from around the country. Provided a high end product while giving them a great feel for the history of Franklin.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Jenifer · Married on 03/29/2013

They were awesome! From office staff to servers I loved everything about this venue!!!!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Bill · event on 12/15/2012

One of the easiest company Holiday parties I have done. The group at McConnell House handled everything effectively and efficiently.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Kate · Married on 11/15/2012

McConnel house made planning a wedding easier and more stress free! They had beautiful decorations and ideas for my wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Sandra · Married on 11/09/2012

A wonderful event, thanks to the staff at The McConnell House.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2012

From the first moment I contacted Jill at The McConnell House, I was impressed with the level of service. I never once worried that my vision of a perfect wedding and reception would come to life. The character and ambiance of the building, coupled with the friendliness of the staff, sets The McConnell House apart as a premier venue in our community.

We also used Chef Carl and the catering crew from The Red Pony. He was able to create magnificent dishes that were raved about for weeks to come. We had guests from 2 to 82 and everyone left full and happy!

Probably the best compliment I could give you all came from my nine year old daughter who said, "Mom, I want my wedding to be here when I get married!" Thank you all so much!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Mary · Married on 07/21/2012

The folks at McConnell House were wonderful to work with from the very beginning. They had time for us whenever we had questions and were great about staying on top of details and timing as we planned the event. We did not have a wedding planner, but I felt very comfortable that things would go smoothly (and they did!) because Destinee was so on top of everything. The party was beautiful, the food was delicious, the cakes (wedding cake and groom's cake) were fantastic (thank you Nicole!), and our guests had a wonderful time. The house itself is has plenty of space and even with a seated dinner of 125, there was still room to move around. Destinee was also really great about letting me move tables around so that I could seat certain guests together! Thank you all for a very memorable party!

Sent on 08/30/2012

sharon · Married on 05/20/2012

I wish for all brides the experience I had. It was a beautiful Southern wedding and this venue provided elegance and history. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 09/01/2012

Megan · Married on 04/21/2012

I recommend McConnell House and it's staff to everyone I talk to about Franklin and our wedding. Without the staff and amazing catering, my wedding not have been as wonderful as it was. My husband, family, and I are so grateful to McConnell House for the professionalism, helpfulness, and courtesy they showed us.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Amber · Married on 10/30/2011

The McConnell House is an old historic building (was a jail in the 1800s) and has been converted into an event space. Exposed brick, chandeliers... awesome. Jill the event coordinator was amazing and made our wedding the best ever. We were told all night this was the best wedding they've ever been to. I highly recommend. Food is amazing too.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Bailey · Married on 08/07/2015

The venue was a huge hit with our wedding guests. It has so much natural charm and character that I did not have to spend very much on decorations to make the space beautiful. I also loved that there where so many beautiful fire places all through the house and that I was able to use lit candles for decor. The chandler over the stairs and the exposed brick made a beautiful backdrop for all of our wedding photos. The tables, chairs, dishes, tableware, and basic linens were provided within the price of the venue so we did not have to book another vendor and have to worry about whether or not they would be set up and taken down on time.

Kari Mauk, the event coordinator, was very professional, and was responsive to my many questions and requests. She also took over all the stressful last minute details so I could relax and enjoy my wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue based on its value, the great food which was cooked on site, and the service. Thanks Kari for making my day so special :)

Sent on 12/22/2015