Lancer Hospitality Reviews

40 | Minneapolis, MN

40 Reviews for Lancer Hospitality

40 Lancer Hospitality Reviews

Diane · Married on 09/24/2017

Cheron Rubenstein from Lancer catering was our first point of contact when we decided to seek out Edinburgh as a potential wedding and reception site. From that first point on, we were on an amazing journey. They could not have been more friendly, accommodating to Tammy's vegan plate request, attention to every detail, some we hadn't even thought of, and the event itself was smashing. The attendant, bartender, servers, were all so nice and gracious. Seriously, contact this place if you want a A-1 event at a really cost effective price. Oh and the food for the buffet was literally some of the best food we've eaten out. Delicious. You're crazy not to consider Lancer and Edinburgh. Thanks.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Lancer Hospitality's reply:

Thank you for the 5 star review! Cheron loved planning your wedding with you from start to finish. We are so pleased to get your great feedback on all of the Edinburgh staff and the buffet food! We appreciate your high recommendation and wish you a happy future together!

Renee · Married on 08/20/2017

The venue representatives and staff were all very professional, informed, and helpful. They worked with our budget, the menu options were delicious (they worked with food constrain and our guests loved our food), helped us weave in meaningful details, and we had our dream wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Lancer Hospitality's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review! Our team was happy to help assist with your wedding planning at Edinburgh. We are pleased to know your guests loved the food! Thank you for letting us celebrate your special day with you. We wish you a very happy future!

Amber · Married on 10/02/2016

The staff at this location was amazing! from the beginning just planning to the actual day! With any questions we had before the big day they were always very prompt at answering the questions for us either by phone call, or Email. they are very Flexible with Timelines and well basically everything, on the day of the staff was amazing they have someone walking around consistently (but not in the way of anything) asking wedding party if they need anything, coming up with suggestions for things, offering to help in any way possible and making sure that everything is going well on that day! . the staff at this place is amazing I would suggest anyone to book this place! I had the best wedding I could have even thought and I don't think it would have gone so well with out the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff my wedding day was more then I could have imagined and I owe it all to the staff here!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Lancer Hospitality's reply:

Thanks so much! Our staff was delighted to help you with everything from the beginning of planning down to your wedding day. We know this day can be stressful and are so happy we could assist you with anything you needed to make your wedding day fantastic! We appreciate you choosing Edinburgh USA to host your special day.

Chris · Married on 09/24/2016

We celebrated our wedding reception at Edinburgh USA with Lancer Catering. They did an amazing job! Cheron was very organized and experienced, so the planning of the reception was made very easy for us. They did a great job accommodating to last minute changes such as headcount and decor requests. The food was amazing! The room turned looked great! I highly recommend this venue for wedding receptions.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Lancer Hospitality's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review! Cheron was very happy to help you through the planning process so that your wedding day was perfect! We are pleased that everything turned out to your satisfaction and that you had a great experience at our venue and with Lancer Catering. We wish you lots of happiness in your future together!

Ashley · Married on 10/24/2015

I catered wedding receptions for 11 years so I knew when it came time to pick a reception venue that I'd be very picky. After the first meeting with Cheron, the Catering Manager, and taking a tour of the facility, I knew we had found the place. Cheron was so helpful and quick to respond to my (many) questions! We received so many compliments on the facility, the food, the service - everything was absolutely perfect! Their partnership with Buttercream made the cupcake/cake selection process so easy and convenient! I wouldn't change a single thing about my reception at Edinburgh. I would recommend them to anyone!

We did not have to pay for the space; it was just a food charge so that was nice. And our wedding cake was included in that cost if it was from their designated vendor which we also went with. They included decorations in for free since there was a wedding the day before mine and they also used the décor so staff just left it up. We had the ceremony out of the terrace and afterward staff quickly converted the terrace to dining tables for the reception. I have no complaints whatsoever and am very happy with my choice in venue.

Sara · Married on 06/30/2013

What an awesome experience we had at Edinburgh! We held our ceremony out on the terrace overlooking he green and our reception was in the Highlands ballroom. This room is so amazing and the view is beautiful. The staff at Edinburgh takes care of EVERYTHING! We planned our wedding in about 6 months and this was the first place we visited and we booked right away. We just got a great feeling from the catering sales manager Cheron. She was excellent at helping us to pick the room that would be best for our size party and was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. We felt the prices were more than reasonable for the level of service received. I received many compliments from our guest on their dinner stating it was "the best wedding meal" they had ever had. Wow! I was so happy to hear that. We did a plated dinner instead of a buffet and the staff did an excellent job of getting the food out fast. There is not a big difference in the price of plated versus buffet and I think the convenience is well worth it. The ballroom was decorated so beautifully and the staff was great. We had an event manage with us for the evening who checked in with me and kept everything on track. The servers and bartender were very friendly and my guests had a wonderful time. I can't recommend this place enough. A truly wonderful and amazing experience if you want a nice wedding and don't want to have your life taken over by the wedding planning!

We were totally satisfied. We were told up front what to expect and enjoyed working with Cheron. I would highly recommend this facility for any function. It is a beautiful atmosphere and large enough to hold many people and not feel cramped.

This is a gorgeous place to have a wedding. I had my reception and photo sessions here. The views were beautiful and the staff was great! I would recommend this place to everyone!

Lara · Married on 07/14/2012

Edinburgh USA was a fantastic venue for our wedding reception. We could not be happier with how everything turned out! Their event planner, Cheron, was VERY quick to respond to any questions we had and the staff was extremely accommodating and helpful on the day of the wedding. Their exclusive caterer, Lancer Catering, was also FANTASTIC! Everyone had RAVE reviews on the food. Our reception was in the upper ballroom, which had french doors that opened up onto a large balcony overlooking the golf course. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I highly recommend this venue.

Cheron and the rest of the staff at Edinburgh were great to work with! No question went unanswered. Food and service was great. If I had to choose again, I would definitely go here again!

• Matt

Matt · Married on 07/22/2011

Amazingly helpful given our circumstances. They went way out of their way to accommodate us and make our day the best ever. Specifically, the customer service was second to none. The venue had so many options and was absolutely gorgeous. They help you plan the wedding, cater it and set it all up. Takes a lot of hassle out of it. Thanks for everything Edinburgh!

R · Married on 04/02/2011

Kristie and I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work for our reception. Everything went so smoothly, and all of our guests had a great time. The event manager who was taking care of things that night did such a great job. The evening flowed so well thanks to her.

I would definitely recommend Edinburgh and Lancer catering to others, based on you and your staff’s performance, dedication to detail, interest in mine and Kristie’s requests and questions, and for your caring service. We never felt any hesitation from any of you, and it was definitely appreciated.

Our parents were overwhelmed by the beautiful decorations and accommodations provided by your venue, and the excellent service provided by your wait staff. From start to finish, the whole night was a success, and Kristie and I can’t thank you enough for making our wedding day as special as possible.

We look forward to visiting your restaurant, and hopefully attending more wedding receptions there in the future.

• W

Brenna · Married on 01/22/2011

We had a great experience working with Edinburgh. The reception was beautiful, the food was great and we were very happy with how the night turned out.

Sue · Married on 01/22/2011

My daughter had a beautiful winter wedding. We worked with Missy Walters. She was there to help every step of the way. My daughter and son in law had a very clear idea of what they wanted for their reception. They decided to have a candy buffet instead of favors and it was a big hit! Missy meet with us and really had a good feel for what my daughter had in mind. The only complaint I have was that the day and evening went by too fast! We wanted to hold the reception close to the church and we compared prices at all the reception halls in the area and Edinburgh had good prices and the best atmosphere by far!
    I would highly recommend working with Missy and having your dream wedding at Edinburgh USA!

Teneshia · Married on 12/31/2009

I booked the Edinburgh USA location for the renewal of my wedding vows in 2009. It was the wedding that I had always dreamed of. The location was very impressive and the layout was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to share such a special event with my family and friends. The staff at Edinburgh USA helped me to personalize my event and they worked with my budget. The staff was very helpful and professional. My guests complimented on how great the food was prepared and presented. If you have always dreamed of the perfect wedding then you should consider booking at Edinburgh USA to celebrate your special day! Everyone deserves the perfect wedding, even those on a budget. The staff will work with you and help you to create memories that will last a lifetime.

Jamie · Married on 08/08/2008

We worked with Cheron, and she was wonderful! The communication was great. They use Lancer catering services, and Lancer can be a little pricey when it comes to certain things, and she helped us get prices down a little. They let us bring in chair covers from somewhere else, and they had the room set up two days before our event so we could set-up. The waitstaff the night of was wonderful. They had coffee and water available for guests all night. We had tons, and tons of candles, and they lit them and kept them lit all night. We were in the upstairs ballroom- and having the patio there was great. Our guests enjoyed being able to step out and get some fresh air. I would highly recommend Edinburgh USA!

Jamie · Married on 03/01/2008

Edinburgh USA treated us with utmost respect. They gave opinions and suggestions, but were not pushy. The reception hall was absolutely breath taking. The food was wonderful and the cake was so delicious! The serivce before and during our reception was phenominal.

Edinburgh staff was extremely helpful and the venue was gorgeous for our wedding day.

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2013

I had my wedding reception at Edinburgh USA in the main ballroom. The 230 guests fit very comfortably in the space. I had a live band and the acouistics were excellent. I rented ceiling draping, risers for the head table & band, and chair covers. It was TOTALLY worth the cost and transformed the ballroom into a beautiful venue. Having the outside patio was wonderful for our June wedding. It allowed the guests to mingle and get a great view of the golf course. The food is wonderful and a great price (when compared to some other venues). Cheron, the event manager, is very knowledgable and organized. She is a great ally to have when going through the wedding planning process. She helps you think of it all!!!! The only reason I didn't give the vendor a 5.0 is because they forgot to supply a microphone for the speeches. We were able to accomodate by using the microphone from the band, so everything worked out fine. Edinburgh is a great reception venue, and I HIGHLY recommend it!

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2010

Working with Edinburgh and Lancer Catering in planning our wedding reception was a joy from start to finish. The staff at Edinburgh was; professional, courteous, understanding, and prompt with any questions and/or concerns we had. The grounds and ballrooms are kept very well. Classy and beautiful! On the night of our event, the decor was perfect, food was phenomenal, and the staff knew exactly what to do. Which, is definitely a relief to a bride on a busy day.
    One of the best parts of having our reception at Edinbugh is that my husband and I can visit again to rehash wedding memories as well as create new memories throughout our life together. Whether it's for an anniversary dinner at Girvan Grille or a round on the golf course, we're excited to know that Missy (in catering) will be there with a warm smile when we visit again.

Katy · Married on 06/16/2017

Cheron and her staff at Edinburgh are the best! Every time I had a question (and I had a LOT of them!), she was so quick to respond and put me at ease. Even when I had a last minute decor change! We loved it so much, that now two of our bridesmaids are getting married here as well!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lancer Hospitality's reply:

Thanks so much for the 5 star review! Cheron enjoyed helping you plan your special day and was happy to accommodate the change. It is very important to us that your wedding day be exactly what you want. We are excited to host your bridesmaids' weddings at Edinburgh!

Desiree · Married on 05/07/2016

Cheron was flexible and quick to respond. The venue was beautiful all done up. Perfect night!

Megan · Married on 07/07/2012

Everyone and everything at Edinburgh was fantastic! We had our rehearsal dinner as well as the ceremony and reception there. The only thing that I'd want to change is the $7,000 food minimum... our 125 guests were VERY well fed :)

Bette · Married on 04/27/2012

This was a beautiful setting for our wedding ceremony and reception. We were able to use both ballrooms which worked out great.