Jon Montis Photography Reviews

36 | Tampa, FL

36 Reviews for Jon Montis Photography

• Meagan

Meagan · Married on 02/22/2020

Amazing Photographer! Wish I could give more than 5 stars!

We are so happy we hired Jon for our wedding! It all started with our engagement shoot. Our pictures were so incredible that we were even more thrilled we had hired him for the wedding! The thing we love about Jon is that you can tell from the start that he genuinely has a passion for his job and he knows what he is doing! He is so laid back while still being able to direct the wedding party. Not only is Jon an amazing photographer, he’s a remarkable person as well. I felt so comfortable around him at all times. We just got married this past Saturday and cannot wait to see the pictures! I would 100% highly recommend Jon for your engagement and wedding photos. He and his staff are AMAZING!!!! Also-his prices are so reasonable. Thank you so much Jon for making this whole process absolutely perfect! (I will update photos after we get our wedding pics back).

Sent on 02/27/2020
  • Mary

Mary Jean Martin · Married on 01/04/2020

Excellent photographer you couldn’t ask for more

Jon is truly a top notch professional photographer who works great under pressure and is patient with children and animals. He got lots of great staged and candid shots. He worked hard to find the perfect angles and try to get different shots then the standard wedding shots. He had his hands full at our wedding between the horrible rain that drove our outdoor dream wedding inside to a ballroom at the last minute, the many elderly guests in wheel chairs and walkers, the 26 guests under the age of 19 including 5 infants, and our 5 dogs that participated in our ceremony, he took it all in stride and worked diligently to get great shot after great shot. The rain started just as we were about to do our first look but like a true professional Jon found an alternative site that would work well and be unique. His creativity knows no bounds. He came up with creative idea after creative idea wowing us over & over again with spectacular shots and fresh new perspectives. He worked 12 long hours never taking breaks but always looking for the next incredible shot. His suggestions were amazing and his work ethic is high, I will use Jon for all my future photography needs.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Kristine

Kristine Morales · Married on 09/08/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

Jon has been one of the absolute best photographers I have ever met. He exceeded our expectations with our wedding photos! From the very first call, face time, and everything in between he was so professional! He showed up on time, was friendly, and has an awesome personality!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Jon Montis Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure working with you and Ambi! Thanks for everything!
  • Judy

Judy Vingsha · Married on 05/01/2019

Fantastic Experience!

Our photos were crazy beautiful and he made it seem so easy! Jon's personality made us so comfortable which was so important because this was our first time in front of a camera like this! Jon and his other photographers were professional and prompt and answered every question we had. My maid of honor just signed him to do her wedding next year and I'm really excited for her as well! We love him and you will too!!!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing photographer

Jon is literally so amazing to work with! So professional, yet flexible. He has a great personality that makes you feel so comfortable. He is willing to do whatever it takes to get the best photographs! For our engagement shoot, he rolled his pants up & got into the water to get the perfect shot. For our wedding last night, he was in our crazy dance floor getting amazing pictures of our party. So patient with toddlers, and a crazy bridal party. Jon, you were a saint to work with & our hearts couldn’t be happier knowing you captured our favorite memories!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jon Montis Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren and Chris! I had a great time and you guys were awesome! Your crowd definitely gave me plenty of photo ops, especially on the dance floor!
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 01/13/2018

Perfect pictures, perfect to work with

My husband HATES being photographed, and Jon made the process absolutely painless. You hardly even knew he was there, but he managed to capture everything. He was respectful and experienced with Catholic Mass ceremonies, and both the posed and candid photos are absolutely great. The editing process took awhile (we were married during his busy season), but he got me a few expedited options for projects I needed earlier. I wholeheartedly recommend him, ESPECIALLY for camera-shy people.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Timothy · Married on 01/06/2018

One of our best wedding decisions we made was choosing Jon as our photographer. He worked with us in providing us with the best package that fits our budget with flexibility, and his photos really show off his professionalism in capturing every special moment and memory.

Jon focused so much of his time with so much energy, and attention on us, the bride and groom, and made the whole experience feel very fluid and natural while capturing amazing moments in time using enhanced colors and filters. We also love the way he captured us with the surrounding environment and architecture. Cannot go wrong with Jon if your trying to stay on a budget with the highest quality of work.

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Jon Montis and cannot thank him enough for making our special day so extra special that we'll now be able to share our wedding experience for years to come through his work. Much love Jon. Thank you for all you did for us. Truly the best!!!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Tristyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Professional, artistic, and a joy to work with! We love our photos! John is the best. We are even having him do our maternity pictures next month!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2017

John was my photographer at my first wedding years ago and I immediately chose them again for my second wedding! He and his team were so fun to work with, super artistic and fun. He made us feel so at ease and answered all my questions no matter how annoying I was lol. Definitely the best!

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 02/25/2017

Jon Montis is an artist! We are so in love with our wedding pictures! He not only got all the pictures I had asked for but got some really amazing candid shots throughout the whole day and night. He was very easy to work with and helped set us up for some great shots. He was very quick to respond to anything I needed via email, phone call or text. Every person that has viewed our wedding photos so far has said they are seriously some of the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. I honestly am having a difficult time picking the pictures I want in an album. Thank you so much Jon for capturing that special day for us.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Jon Montis Photography's reply:

It was a pleasure capturing your wedding day, you guys were great! Thank you so much!

Dina · Married on 01/28/2017

Me n my husband picked Jon after 5 interviews with 5 different photographers! He absolutely met n even exceeded our expectations. He was very flexible with our crazy ideas n accommodating to all our requests, in the engagement as well as our wedding. Thank you Jon, looking forward to our anniversary photo session!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Jon Montis Photography's reply:

Thank you Dina! Loved working with you two! Your crazy ideas made things that much more fun!

Nicole · Married on 01/21/2017

Jon was by far our favorite vendor! He was with us all day and was extremely professional as well as creative. When we got back or photos I was blown away, they were unbelievable! We are so so so happy we hired Jon Montis Photography and we recommend him 1000%!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Jon Montis Photography's reply:

Thanks Nicole! You and Mike were great! So glad you're happy with my work!

Desiree · Married on 11/19/2016

I have to say, and I am sure any Bride would agree, trying to find the perfect photographer can be one of the biggest decisions you make for your special day, and we looked at ALOT! and the challenge is also just that so many of them look so good how do you decide?! well- we met Jon, and after our first meeting- both of us were just like, this is the guy- he has this down, and his exchange is EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE!!!!! Then the wedding day arrived, and as like most brides you probably have a million pintrist photos saved etc. But that day is just full chaos- luckily we had Jon- when it came time to move, this guy went straight into action- and just started totally controlling the situation! I just got my first few pics from the wedding and they BLEW ME AWAY! again, you are always anxious, and I am super excited and looking forward to getting the rest of them :) Thank you Jon for just being an amazing professional and easy to work with- and completely affordable! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Jon Montis Photography's reply:

Thanks Des! You and Patrick were great! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your wedding day!

Kristina · Married on 11/11/2016

Jon Montis is THE guy you want for your wedding photography! He is sooo easy to work with! Jon's personality is so refreshing compared to a lot of the cheesy photographers I interviewed prior to meeting Jon. He is so down to earth, and laid back that it helps you feel the same way when you are being photographed. Jon did both our engagement and wedding pictures. Doing the engagement shoot with Jon helped both parties get a feel for each other. Jon was perfectly on time on our wedding day, and rolled with the punches to make the timeline work since my hair and makeup ran SO LATE! He did not make me feel stressed at all, but the moment I was finished with hair and makeup we were off to the races! We must have taken 300 pictures in like 10 minutes haha! He said he didn't want me missing out on "getting ready" shots just because we were short on time (which I really appreciated.) We got all the shots we wanted, and even ones that we didn't think we'd have time for!! I was so impressed with Jon and his assistant in such a stressful situation! Timing is everything with photography, and Jon Montis knows just how to work a timeline.. even an altered one! He stayed all the way though our reception like a champ! We are so excited to see our wedding pictures, because if our engagement pics were any indication of the wedding pictures, I KNOW they will be amazing!! Thank you, Jon for everything.. you rock!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Jen · Married on 10/15/2016

Jon listened to all of our requests and captured our engagement and wedding photos beautifully. We love Jon's technique; the photos tell a story vs. looking staged. The last thing I wanted was a lot of photos and looked like we were posing. Most of the time throughout the wedding and reception, we didn't even know he was there. Our photos are so beautiful, really works of art :-) We contemplated hiring a videographer for the wedding but decided against it and we area happy we did. Jon was very thorough and our package included a video of our photos set to music. After the reception, other vendors commented on how professional they felt Jon was. My husband and I couldn't be more happy that we chose Jon!

Sent on 01/22/2018

elizabeth · Married on 04/09/2016

Jon is extremely talented! He is very detailed and great to work with. Jon made sure to capture my moment, to remember for a lifetime. I highly recommend Jon Montis...his work is that of true art in photography.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Candice · Married on 03/25/2016

Jon was nothing short of amazing! From the time we met him he was always so professional and really listened to our wedding needs. He shot BREATHTAKING engagement photos and gave us amazing direction during our shoots. He always showed up on time and took action right away. He worked so hard on our wedding day and I am confident that he captured every last detail. After months of research, I found that he was very affordable in comparison to many others and he had such an amazing portfolio. DO NOT pass on the opportunity to have Jon shoot your wedding. We broke our contract with our first photographer to work with Jon, it was with every penny.

Sent on 04/22/2016

Lynn · Married on 03/05/2016

Jon was absolutely amazing. I have had people tell me that our wedding pictures were the best that they have ever seen. I know it was our wedding but I couldn't agree more. He captured every emotion of the day - every laugh, every tear, every smile, and most importantly our love. We are forever grateful for his attention to detail during our wedding and the hard work he put into making sure they were perfect through the editing process. I would recommend Jon in a heartbeat. We can never thank him enough.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Shannon · Married on 12/12/2015

Jon went out of his way to make sure he caught as many special moments as possible. He got to my hotel at 10 am and didn't leave until the end of the night around 10. We had a large wedding party (10 bridesmaids and 10 groosman) and he was able to somehow get the attention of everyone long enough to get all the shots we needed! I haven't gotten to see the pictures yet, but after knowing how my engagement photos came out I know they will be spectacular. He is so reasonably priced and clearly loves what he does. I 100% recommend him to anyone that is looking for a photographer

Sent on 12/22/2015

Cassandra · Married on 12/11/2015

Jon Montis was so great to work with! I would book with him again and again. Easy to talk to and easy to work with. I like his style and the pace at which he works. He knows how important it is to have great wedding pics, but also doesn't take all your time up trying to get the perfect shot. He did our engagement photos and his work blew me away! I can't wait to get our wedding pics and I have no doubt that they will be amazing. Jon takes the time to hear what you want on your special day and also offer his professional opinion. I know that for any future pictures we need professionally done, we will book with Jon. Our wedding night was the most perfect night of my life and that had so much to do with Jon! Thank you!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Jordyn · Married on 05/30/2015

Jon was simply fabulous, he captured all the moments of our wedding and made it so easy and comfortable. We were so amazed when we got our photos back, they are simply spectacular. We would refer Jon to anyone needing a great wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/13/2015

We couldn't have been more pleased with the experience of hiring Jon as our wedding photographer. From the day we met we knew that this was supposed to be our guy. He was there from the beginning until the end and was most professional in every aspect. Even when our drunken wedding guests almost caught the porch on fire he was calm cool and collected. I can not even begin to rave enough about the pictures he took. Everything was perfect and it took me a good two weeks to be able to even pick the best which was tough because they were all amazing. We also had an issue with a theft of our first album and Jon made sure to get it reprinted for me super quickly and made it as painless as possible. I would highly recommend Jon for any event and will only be using him going forward. Thanks again for the wonderful job!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Kalyn · Married on 04/11/2015

I honestly cannot say enough fantastic things about Jon! He was great every step of the way and I am obsessed with my photos! After much searching online, my husband and I found Jon and thought this is too good to be true. Not only was his work amazing but the value was outstanding. I was very particular about wanting all of the proofs and a print release, both of which came standard with Jon’s package. Jon is very professional yet fun at the same time. He knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of the lens and but also can capture those small moments. As part of our package we also received a free engagement session which was perfect for both parties; as the bride and groom, we were able to understand how Jon works and he was able to understand the guidance we needed all before the big day. This made the wedding day stress free. We chose to do a first look (highly recommend to all brides) and Jon made sure that it was a special moment that included just the two of us (and him but we didn’t even notice him there). He showed up early (big plus for me) for our wedding day and stayed until we drove off. We didn’t have to worry about running over time or paying additional fees for extra hours. Overall, I would HIGHLY suggest Jon as your wedding photographer. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Casey · Married on 03/28/2015

Excellent photographer! Did both our wedding and save the date photo shoot. Can't wait to see our pictures!!!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Gary · Married on 02/28/2015

Jon was fantastic. His creative artistic vision made are photos more than we could have ever expected. Not only were the photos incredible, but Jon was an absolute pleasure to be around. The photos were so natural and candid and I attribute a lot of that to Jon's ability to make people feel comfortable. He has that un-teachable knack to capture the perfect moment at just the right time. It was such a positive experience that we knew the photos would be good before we even saw them, but we had no idea they would turn out as amazing as they did. If you don't hire Jon for your photography needs you are making a mistake.

Sent on 05/19/2015