Honeymoon Island Reviews

40 | Dunedin, FL

40 Reviews for Honeymoon Island

Beverly Hauziger · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Venue!

Thanks to Kristina my daughter's wedding day went smoothly and was just perfect - it was everything we had imagined and more. We live in Michigan so when my daughter expressed her desire to have a destination wedding in Florida, I became a little nervous about the distance. Luckily, after getting to know Kristina, my worries melted away. Kristina went through every detail with us by email and phone. She would even offer advice and help us through decisions we weren't sure about like décor options and the best time for sunset photos. Honeymoon Island is a beautiful beach and we are so glad we chose this venue. My daughter had her fairytale wedding and I couldn't be happier - so Thank you a million times over to Kristina and the team!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Darren

Darren Lee · Married on 04/05/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

The staff at Honeymoon Island is amazing!!!! Several months ago I inquired inside the South Beach Pavilion about my upcoming wedding. The cashier referred me to Kristina, she was located in the office next to the Pavilion down stairs. I did not have an appointment but I thought I would give it a try. I walked in and there were 2 ladies sitting at desks one was talking to some people and the other asked if she could help me. This was Brittany. I told her about my plans to get married and so she immediately took me on a tour of the venue which is absolutely beautiful. When we came back the other lady which was Kristina sat me down and we talked for an hour about all the options and everything they have to offer. It was such a nice experience. They both made me feel like family. I was so excited to tell my fiance and as soon as I went home I did. We booked the wedding and 5 months later we were married. Kristina and Brittany truly knew how to make our day the most incredible memorable day of our lives. Even on such short notice. We can't wait to come back in a year and celebrate our anniversary! To anyone looking for a beautiful venue and a great experience along the way you have to reach out to these girls. Talk about stress free!! Thank you thank you Kristina and Brittany!!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Stacey · Married on 08/07/2017

Honeymoon Island was the perfect beach wedding location, Tina was absolutely amazing and even though I was from the UK and everything was planned via email she did the perfect job!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Karol · Married on 03/25/2017

I got married Saturday, March 25, 2017 at the gorgeous Honeymoon Island in Dunedin. Not only was the weather spectacular but the view from the pavilion where the reception was was outstanding. My guests are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was. First if you're looking for a venue it is absolutely beautiful at Honeymoon Island. From the ceremony which was in the gorgeous white sand to the reception upstairs in the pavilion… They outdid themselves. Now I'd like to talk about my wedding planner Tina Wilder. I am an extremely detail oriented hands-on person so every single detail of my wedding was just as important as the next. I needed somebody that I could count on from anything from ordering gluten-free meals for a couple guests, favors placed properly, rose petal cones passed out to all quests, placement of dinnerware...just to name a few. Tina outdid herself she is stellar..she is a 10 out of 10 stars. She made my vision 100% complete she's easy to work with she's personable my entire family and friends loved her and her staff. I would not hesitate to book a wedding or any other event with Tina, her staff and honeymoon Island. It was spectacular it was the best day of my life it was beautiful and it was amazing! I can't wait until next year to have have a one year anniversary party there! We love you Tina??

Sent on 04/08/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I can't rave enough about this venue! Booking with Honeymoon was probably one of the best and easiest experiences of our lives. Tina and her team were always very quick to respond anytime we had any questions. The day of they ran things very smoothly, even when our time schedules changed a bit. Set up and take down went super smooth as well. If you are looking for a great beach venue for your wedding look no further. Not only do you have a beautiful beach but you also have wonderful food. The food was fantastic just like everything else! We have zero complaints about the quality of service we received at Honeymoon! If we could give it a 10 we would!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/10/2015

I didn't think having a beach wedding on my budget was possible, but they made it work for us and it turned out beautiful! The food was delicious! Thanks honeymoon island!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Margaret · Married on 03/22/2015

I loved working with Racheal. She made every detail to my daughters wedding so memorable. I've done wedding planning in the past but when it comes to your own daughter's wedding, well let's just say Racheal picked up the pieces!!!! I had many phone calls and she always responded quickly. She helped with dress rehersal and after wedding even helped clear decorations. The beach had eroded where we were to have original wedding site, but Racheal had a back up spot at North Beach. She made sure area was roped off and stayed and coordinated music with wedding party. The food for brunch was exceptionally good. I was impressed as I myself am a gormet cook. Honeymoon Island is a beautiful spot for a wedding or any event. Thank you Racheal for making Alicia and Brian's wedding everything and more. I've had soooo many compliments about how beautiful wedding was and how great the food was, truly a blessing.

Sent on 04/06/2015

We looked at Bon Appetite and Honeymoon Island as potential rehearsal sites. Even though they are owned by the same company, Honeymoon Island was more professional, more flexible, and more competent. We worked with Rachel & she was fantastic. Her boss Shane was also helpful. The site, set-up, food quality, etc. were wonderful.

My only complaint was that the bridal limo got stuck in traffic coming into the state park and we were late. The trolleys bringing the guests got waved through a separate booth on the side, but that did not happen with the limo. In fact, the woman working the park entrance booth that we went though for the rehearsal and for the wedding was a little rude. She kept asking questons instead of believing that the bride was in the car and limo (hello, everyone else was in beach wear so clearly we were the wedding party).

But back to the venue - we highly recommend working with Rachel there and had a wonderful ceremony and reception. It was beautiful.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Julianna · Married on 05/05/2014

Despite having a change of coordinator Just a few weeks before, everything went over without a hitch. It is a beautiful beach, stunning views, and naturally breathtaking. The food was spectacular! Best wedding food I've ever had! Rachel is a lovely coordinator and understands your wants and needs. Even as a completely over obsessive bride, she satisfied all my needs. Also, the wait staff is friendly and good at what they do. I would totally recommend them for any event!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Tracey · Married on 02/16/2014

I had always wanted a beach wedding that could house our ceremony & reception. I originally spoke with Dana at Sand Key Beach in Clearwater but when I found out that they do weddings on Honeymoon Island in Dunedin, I was elated. I love the city of Dunedin! She passed me over to Doug, who is the event coordinator for the island and it's been an incredible bond ever since.

Doug is one of the nicest and sweetest guys I know. He is kind, considerate and really listens to your vision. He truly desires to make your day, YOUR day!

When we booked with Doug, my worry melted away. I knew that our wedding was in the safest of hands. From the start Doug helped with everything, from the selection of the ceremony, to our menu for the reception. He set up our reception table, helped pin flowers on the groomsmen, was there as I walked down the aisle, as we sang him Happy Birthday, to even packing up our items and cake (that we didn't get to eat) and saving it for us so that we could pick it up another day and not have to worry about it on our wedding night.

We didn't have to lift a finger thru the entire process, Doug handled everything. The food was remarkable - every single one of our guests LOVED the food and most of them went up for seconds.

If you're looking for a stress free, magical, beautiful and wonderful wedding ceremony & reception location, look no further. Choose Honeymoon Island and let Doug make your dreams come true. Bravo!!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Jenna · Married on 10/19/2013

The best place I could have ever chosen!! Perfect ceremony with the best back drop ever! The event coordinator, Doug, is the most amazing coordinator there is. 2 Thumbs up for this venue. :-)

Sent on 11/13/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/13/2013

The experience I had with honeymoon island was perfect. Doug Lender handled everything smoothly and worked with me, even when my brain wasn't at times. All I can say is thank you for showing me to have such a beautiful and mellow wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2013

I can't say enough great things about this venue.. the people especially Doug Lender made our wedding day absolutely perfect. This was the perfect place to host a destination wedding. They handled the flowers, cake, food, chairs and arch. They raked the beach and had everything set up and decorated before the guests arrived. Doug went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for us and our guests. If I had any questions prior to the wedding Doug was just a phone call away. When my head count changed on the day of my wedding, Doug made sure that they were accommodated - he took all the stress out of planning a destination wedding away. Doug Lender thank you so much for making our day so special!
    Rich and Michelle (Brace) Lombard-Honeymoon Island 06-15-2013

Sent on 07/04/2013
  • User3319458 · 2+ years ago

Doug and his crew and Honeymoon Island made my wet wedding wonderful! It rained during the ceremony which couldn't be helped but it was still a great wedding. The food was delicious! Doug did everything he could to make my day perfect!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Jenna · Married on 05/31/2013

What a wonderful place to be married! We loved every aspect of our wedding, and I recommend honeymoon island to everyone I know! Doug was FANTASTIC!!! Words cannot express how thankful we were to have Doug with us. He was there for everything and was a huge help to us! Our wedding was worry free and perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Doug with Honeymoon Island was great to work with. The location was beautiful and Doug took care of everything! Our wedding and reception was perfect!!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2012

When I first started working with Honeymoon Island, I did not have a pleasant experience with Tina. I requested to have someone else be in charge of my wedding and that was the best decision I could of made because I then met Shane! Shane was absolutely amazing, he put so much time and effort into my wedding and it was everything I dreamed of and more!! Everything was absolutely perfect and went SO smooth! It couldn't of possibly been any better than it was. We are so thankful to have had Shane!!

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • W

Wemmy · Married on 04/16/2011

Working with Angela was such a blast. I was planning my wedding from out of town so I had to rely a lot on emails, facebook and phone calls. Angela was very helpful, attentive and professional. Her and her staff made our wedding absolutely magical. I will definitely recommend her over and over again. Honeymoon Island is such a wonderful place and Angela and her staff makes it even more special.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Wemmy,
    Thank you for your kind words. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to work with you and getting to know you as well along the way. I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day!
    Thank you!~ Angela

Heather · Married on 04/16/2011

While looking through my wedding pictures, I am reminded of why I chose to get married and have my reception at Honeymoon Island. It is the ideal setting for a beach bride and provides the perfect backdrop to your special day. I worked closely with Angela (you're awesome) who she led me through the process and helped me with anything and everything. She answered my 1000's of questions, reassured me that everything would be fine when I was panicking, and made it her priority to make my day the best it could be. My wedding was everything I had hoped it would be and more.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Honeymoon Island's reply:

Heather! You are awesome! Thank you for your kind words, I enjoyed working with you so much and being able to be a part of your wedding day! It was my pleasure to answer your questions and help you with your plans. Your wedding was a blast and I am very happy for you both. I wish you nothing but love and happiness!!!

Amy · Married on 03/20/2011

My husband and I decided we wanted to get married on a local beach and Honeymoon Island was the first to come to mind. Working with Angela and Shane was awesome. They are so caring and just a joy to work with. They made everything so easy. The day turned out perfectly, I couldn't have asked for anything more! :)

Sent on 04/05/2011

Amy,
    Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure for us to be able to be a part of your amazing day! Wishing you only happiness and love in yor future! Keep In Touch!

Debra · Married on 10/10/2010

What a gorgeous backdrop for a wedding. The day was absolutely perfect! Angela is amazing and made everything a breeze, she put me at ease and made sure my day was wonderful! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/17/2010

Honeymoon Island's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to be able to be a part of your day. Having such a loving couple makes it all worth it. Wishing you happiness and love.

Nathan · Married on 06/07/2008

They were very helpful! Everything went great!

Sent on 02/15/2010

Alissa · Married on 09/30/2007

Kim and Shane were great to work with. Our ceremony took place on an island - reachable only by boat. Coordination was critical! Kim and Shane worked with our coordinator, musician and florist to make sure that everything ran smoothly and on time. Brought great ideas. They were very accomodating - just great. Can't say enough good things. I highly recommend Caladesi Island - and Kim and Shane.

Sent on 05/20/2008

Chaylin · Married on 06/27/2015

The venue of my wedding was so beautiful and the ocean and scenery in the background was perfect for pictures. It was a little bright and windy but it was the middle of the day.. a very nicely kept up beach and clean water. Altogether it was great.

Sent on 07/13/2015