Henderson Park Inn Reviews

27 | Destin, FL

27 Reviews for Henderson Park Inn

• Q

Q · Married on 11/11/2017

We had our rehearsal dinner here. The service was incredible and very friendly. The location is absolutely stunning- definitely recommend!!

Marianne · Married on 07/22/2016

If you are looking for a 5 star wedding venue go no further! From the moment we started planning a destination wedding for my daughter I knew this was to be the venue. Sherri is absolutely hands down the best! She is so attentive to every need. Answered all our questions so promptly and was a tremendous wealth of knowledge for us. Since we had never been to Destin before we had a lot of questions and she was so helpful. She took so much if the stress out of the planning. The venue is gorgeous, the staff so courteous and attentive and Candice and her staff from Beachwalk Cafe were superb! The food was so deloicous! Every single vendor we used with Sherris recommendation was top notch and a dream to work with. Thank you to everyone at Henderson Park Inn and Beachwalk Cafe for helping us to make our daughters wedding such a memorable day.

Mallory · Married on 06/03/2016

This was a great place to have my wedding! From the moment I booked Sherri was so incredibly kind and helpful! Planning a destination wedding is very stressful, but somehow she made it seem easy. The day of my wedding everything was done and it was absolutely beautiful! I didn't stress at all. The staff was so kind! Candice and the entire staff at Beachwalk cafe as well as the Inn were just wonderful! Everything about this venue is 5 star. I swear they ordered in a beautiful blue sky and crystal clear blue-green water just for me:) My guests were so pleased and many of them have called me to tell me what a wonderful time they had. I still can't believe it turned out so well! Most of my friends have told me after their weddings that there is so much they would have done differently if given the chance, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing! It was so magical and I will never forget it! Thank you Henderson Park Inn for helping to make it the best day of my life! I can't wait to come back and celebrate many more special events!

Lauren · Married on 05/01/2016

Henderson Park Inn exceeded all my expectations by far. From the date I booked the venue up to my wedding day, Sherri, Candice and her team were so responsive, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. There are just not enough nice things to say, and they really put all my wedding day jitters to ease, I knew I was in great hands! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!
    I absolutely loved every single thing about my wedding and it turned out perfectly. Every single detail was thought of and taken care of, making it such a great day. Our guests were blown away by the food- saying it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! You can't beat the view of the beautiful Gulf and the option of having the lawn area was a huge plus. I would highly recommend Henderson Park Inn and Sherri to anyone considering HPI, you won't be disappointed.

A Beautiful, Romantic & Exceptional place! Wouldn’t have chosen to get married anywhere else, it was just perfect. Not only is the scenery special, the staff make everything easy and helped make our special day relaxing. On top of it all, we want to especially thank Sherri and Candice for helping us coordinate everything - their service was exceptional from planning to execution. Everything we imagined was executed to a T.

Brandi · Married on 09/26/2015

Henderson Park Inn is really just the best. The venue is incredibly beautiful, but it's really the people that made both the planning process and the wedding experience so wonderful. Sherri, Candice and the entire staff of HPI are truly amazing. They were so easy to work with, incredibly communicative...everything you want and need for a venue/wedding planner/caterer. If you want the best wedding ever, put your trust in HPI; they will not steer you wrong! A+++

Samantha · Married on 06/20/2015

Sherri and the Henderson Park Inn staff made everything perfect for our wedding. Everything was wonderful and we couldn't have asked for anything more! The team truly goes the extra mile to make amazing and lasting memories for bride, groom and their guests. Enough cannot be said about how thoroughly impressed we were with all of the vendors, how courteous everyone was and the level of service. Our HPI wedding exceeded all of our expectations!! My husband and I will definitely be returning to Henderson Park in the future and recommend it highly for anyone looking for a beach wedding!

Abby · Married on 05/24/2015

There is no way I will ever be able to show my gratitute to Sherri and Candace at Henderson Park Inn. Being an event planner myself, it was very difficult for me to "let go" and be the Bride for once. Even when I had to ask ridiculous questions because my head was spinning, Sherri made sure I always felt comfortable. Months after the wedding has been over, all of our attendees still talk about what a great night it was for them. The food was AMAZING and everyone had enough to enjoy. The staff was so kind to all of my guests and I never worried for a single minute that anything would be missed. THAT is guest service at it's finest! Thank you Sherri and Candace!!

Dottie · Married on 05/16/2015

We were so happy and pleased with Henderson Park Inn's venue for our daughter's wedding on May 16th, 2015. This was a destination wedding so we had to rely on Sherri Kuhn, the wedding planners expertise. The decorations, food, music, photographer, make up artist, hair stylist, and sequence of events was perfect! The beach setting and gulf background was just beautiful! All our guests were raving about it! Sherri really helped make the day special with her expertise! I would definitely recommend Henderson Park Inn for a very special wedding and reception! I rate it 5 stars!!!

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2014

Amazing! We had our 11-02-14 wedding at Henderson Park Inn and we could not have asked for a better experience. Very pleased and the wedding turned out perfect! You cannot beat this venue!

Bethany · Married on 11/01/2014

Sherri was a wonderful wedding planner and she and her team did a great job with our wedding. The venue itself is amazing and I love the Rustic feel of the place. The beach is so beautiful and private and i couldn't imagine having a ceremy at any other beach in the destin area.

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2014

Just had our wedding at HPI 10/25!! It was absolutely breath taking!! The venue and staff were superb!! Sherri IS THE MOST AMAZING WEDDING PLANNER!! My wedding could not have turned out more perfect:) we plan in going every year now!!

Andrea · Married on 10/20/2014

We had our wedding here and the location was beautiful! Sherri was amazing and planned the best event that fit exactly what we imagined!

Meredith · Married on 06/28/2014

Our wedding at Henderson Park Inn was beyond exceptional!! We had the easiest time planning, all because of their fabulous wedding planner, Sherri! The food from Beach Walk, their in house restaurant, was to die for. The location is beautiful and secluded, so our wedding felt intimate and truly like a private destination. We will be returning for dinners at Beach Walk every time we return to Destin. I truly had a stress-free year planning my wedding because Henderson Park Inn and their amazing staff took care of us every step of the way!

• User4196799 · 2+ years ago

We had our wedding at the Henderson Park Inn. It was truly magical. Sherri Kuhn (the wedding planner) was amazing from the beginning. My husband and I could not have asked for a better day. Sherri was always there for me and always promptly responded quickly to any emails. My husband and I stayed at the Inn for our honeymoon and it was amazing and stress free. We would highly recommend this venue. You will not be disappointed.
    Andrea and Nathan Fordham

I recently had my wedding at the Henderson Park Inn. I will tell you I have a special place in my heart for this B&B. My husband and I started vacationing there a few years ago, we got engaged there, and of course we wanted our destination wedding there. Sherri Kuhn is the current wedding coordinator and I will tell you the chick is top notch. She knows the ends and outs of the Destin area, the wedding process, then vendors, etc for sure. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her. The Henderson Park Inn has always had the most courteous and most amazing staff I have ever seen. Our wedding was on the smaller side a little less than 50 people and the location and venue were just as perfect as it could get. We had gorgeous weather, a beautiful backdrop and a few onlookers from the deck of the HPI who complimented our wedding while staying in the B&B afterwards. It makes you feel a little like a princess knowing strangers are intrigued and want to watch your wedding. Everyone had a complete blast. We danced the night away and with Sherri's recommendations for music and a DJ. We had a wonderful wedding weekend with friends and family we hadn't gotten to see in a very long time, including the rehearsal dinner, a guy's fishing excursion, and bridal luncheon. Almost all our friends and family turned it into a mini vacation as the travel time was approximately 9 hours for most. I am so grateful we decided to go all out as we have a day I wish I could relive again and again and again. My wedding day will hold many fond memories for everyone who attended, and most for my husband and I as we start our life together.

Stephanie · Married on 04/11/2014

We recently were married at the Henderson Park Inn, and I cannot gush about our event enough! We had the most wonderful experience from start to finish! The Henderson Park Inn is beautiful all on its own, but with the assistance of their amazing wedding coordinator, Sherri Kuhn, the venue can literally be transformed into the backdrop of your wildest dreams! We just wanted a sophisticated beach vibe, and within minutes of meeting with Sherri, she picked up on exactly what we were describing. From that point forward, she literally read my mind and created the most beautiful event that any of my guests, including myself, had ever seen. Sherri is an expert in wedding planning in the Destin area, and she is close with the best vendors in town. I never had to be concerned with the quality of any of my rentals or floral planning, because she ensured I would have nothing but the best available. If you simply put your trust in her and describe your vision, you can rest easy because she will handle all of the details. I could contact her day, night, or sometimes very late night (all brides know how those nights are when you worry and fixate over everything!), and she was always ready to ease my worries within minutes. She made me feel like a princess, and that every wish was a possibility. Even when I had stretched my budget as far as I could go, Sherri found ways to push it even further. Her easy going, friendly demeanor will win you over immediately. She was my wedding guardian angel, and I will consider her a longtime friend. No one could have made my husband and I feel as special as she did. We truly owe her a debt of gratitude, and while I do not want to share her precious skills with anyone, as I do not want anyone to upstage me (haha), I think every bride should have a Sherri Kuhn! In light of that, I feel I have to share her with the world, so contact her as soon as you begin your wedding planning via the Henderson Park Inn. You will be in very good hands ;)

My husband and I recently were married at Henderson Inn, Destin FL. Henderson is a B&B with wonderful food, which is how I originally heard of this hotel from a friend recommending a stay here. After my now husband proposed in September 2013, I looked into Henderson for our wedding. It was exactly what I had in mind. There are options of beach or lawn ceremony and receptions. It is a beautiful beach front venue, more quaint and personable than a larger resort type. The beach is private, so strange people will not be wondering around while you are saying your vows.
    Sherri Kuhn is the wedding planner at Henderson. I cannot speak highly enough of her. We were planning our wedding from Orlando, FL and Madison, AL. Sherri handled all of the details for meeting different reputable vendors in the area, as we flew in for only one weekend to make some pretty big decisions. I had flight issues into Destin and arrived hours behind flustered and worried the weekend would be a bust. Sherri with short notice arranged new times with the vendors and we still managed to meet them all and do a food/cake tasting. She is very helpful and calm during times of panic, which happens with wedding planning. Throughout the planning process, that for us was only about 7 months, she was excellent at keeping us on track and coordinating everything with the catering and vendors. It would have been impossible for me to manage all of the small details from afar without her! My husband and I had a limited budget as far as weddings go. She worked with us to make cuts so that we could have an amazing wedding that was reasonable as far as cost. On our wedding day, Henderson has a room available just for the bridal party. This was a big help. She kept me relaxed and on time, while making sure everything was being set up as planned. During the ceremony and reception, her and the other staff were kind and helpful. Sherri even brought blankets to cold guests because the wind was chilly! It was perfect

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Ben and I were married on 10/19/13 at the Henderson Park Inn. I can't say enough positive things about the experience. The staff is amazing! They are so friendly and helpful. The Inn feels very vintage and is so romantic which is the type of wedding I was wanting to have. Sherri Kuhn , who is the wedding planner at the Inn, was amazing! We are from KY so we flew down for a weekend to meet with Sherri and plan the wedding. It was a long day but Sherri kept it fun. We met with all the vendors to make the major decisions such as the wedding cake, menu, colors, flowers, reception set up, hair and make up test, photographer etc. I did not have to worry about anything and the final result was gorgeous! One of the main reasons I chose to have my wedding here was because they are very flexible and aren't cookie cutter so you can have a wedding that is your own wedding. Other places only had plans to choose from and weren't very flexible on deviating from them. Sherri was available at anytime to answer any questions or even to be someone I could talk to if I was feeling anxious. I highly recommend getting married at the Henderson Park Inn !

Sherri Kuhn, our wedding coordinator at Henderson Park Inn, was simply amazing!! We had a beach wedding in Destin, Fl., so we were back and forth long distance in creating "that perfect and memorable wedding!" It was just that :)...Sherri had set us up with the best vendors, and pulled together exactly what the bride and groom had dreamed of having! Sherri is an absolute GEM...so professional and so personable! She truly felt like part of our family :)!!! Meet with her before any other wedding coordinator... you will be so glad you did!

We decided to have our wedding at the Henderson Park Inn after having dinner there on the night I proposed. The food was fantastic and the venue beautiful hence we setup a meeting with their wedding co-ordinator Sherri as soon as we returned home. We met with Sherri in Nov. 2014 and she was great! She set us up with a fantastic cake designer, makeup artist, photographer, DJ, officiant, flower designer, and rentals (tables/chairs/tents/etc). While on the expensive side, the experience of her and all the people she set us up with made the entire preparation and process leading up to our wedding light years less stressful than it could have been with less experienced vendors.

The wedding itself was perfect! The venue has been set up perfectly for weddings. We recommend going to the Henderson Park Inn Facebook page and seeing some of the pictures from previous weddings for sure. They will cater your wedding to your wants, in our case we had a small quaint crowd (approx. 45 people) and never once did it feel like it was too small for the venue or a dip in excitement during the whole evening. We walked away from the entire weekend we had planned with our friends having the best experience we could have hoped for.

Thanks to the Henderson Park Inn for giving us a once in a lifetime experience!

Barret · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our wedding at the Henderson Park Inn this May 2013. Sherri Kuhn is the wedding planner for the site and she did a great job planning everything and making sure everything went according to plan. Sherri helped us book some of the best vendors in the area, and she did a great job coordinating all of the vendors so everything went smoothly on the wedding day. We were long distance and Sherri made it easy for us to plan everything even though we lived far away from Destin. The Henderson Park Inn was a beautiful place to have a wedding and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going to have a wedding in Destin Florida. The staff at the Henderson Park Inn were very helpful and very responsive to our needs. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Thank you Sherri and thank you to the staff of Henderson Park Inn.

Also the catering from the Beachwalk restaurant was phenomenal. They make excellent food, and it made the night that much better.

Lindsay · Married on 04/28/2013

Sherri Kuhn, our wedding coordinator at Henderson Park Inn, was simply amazing!! We had a beach wedding in Destin, Fl., so we were back and forth long distance in creating "that perfect and memorable wedding!" It was just that :)...Sherri had set us up with the best vendors, and pulled together exactly what we had dreamed of having! Sherri is an absolute GEM...so professional and so personable! She truly felt like part of our family :)!!! Meet with her before any other wedding coordinator... you will be so glad you did!

Margo · Married on 08/02/2014

3.5

We had an amazing wedding at the Henderson Park Inn last August! Sherri and her staff were very helpful throughout the planning process and the day of went completely smoothly. The locations for both the ceremony and reception were beautiful, and the whole Inn property is beautiful as well. It is amazing to be in the middle of Destin yet feel completely away from all of the hustle and bustle.

I only knocked down the flexibility category because there wasn't much flexibility with some of the vendors, for example the catering must be done by them on site. Overall though I was happy with all of the vendors!

Thank you HPI for an amazing wedding and memories that will last a lifefime!
    -Margo & William Jones

Shelby · Married on 11/10/2012

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

Overall was a great experience and made amazing memories at HPI! I would recommend to a friend! :)