Gourmet Confections Reviews

26 | Rensselaer, NY

26 Reviews for Gourmet Confections

Shannon · Married on 06/03/2017

Lisa was an absolute dream to work with. We got cupcakes and a topper cake for me and my husband to cut and they were absolutely amazing. We lived in Tennessee at the time of planning and Lisa worked with us to send a box of cupcakes and frostings down with my mom to give us our very own tasting! It meant so much to us that she made that happen! When we made it back to NY she met with us to go over final details and was such a joy to work with. Day of everything turned out amazing. We got so many compliments on how delicious our cupcakes were. The display was GORGEOUS. I'm left coming up with reasons I can order more cupcakes from her!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Breanna · Married on 07/11/2015

We could not have been happier with the way our cake and desserts came out. We decided that we just wanted a small sweetheart cake, along with various cupcakes for our guests. Not only did the presentation look beautiful, creative, and elegant, the quality was out of this world. We had various guests tell us how much they enjoyed the variety and flavors of cupcakes. We also enjoyed our wedding cake, and Lisa again decorated it so stunningly.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Rene · Married on 09/13/2014

Lisa did an amazing job with our wedding cake, grooms cake, and cupcakes!! Not only were they delicious but beautiful as well!!! Lisa was very easy to work with, she answered all of my questions and even gave me suggestions to flavor combinations and decorations! My husband and I are lucky to have found Gourmet Confections, due to his severe nut allergy, Lisa was the only place that could guarantee nut free! We highly recommend Gourmet Confections!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Sincere Gratefulness I wish to send to ALL of Rene's entire family - I can not speak more highly of each and everyone of these wonderful people whom I have become dear friends with- It has been my honor to have been chosen to be such a special part of each and every celebration since we met - from Kyle's "Optimus Prime" Birthday cake to Kyle and Rene's Beautiful Wedding Day celebration at SettleHills - Our True Friendship that has grown speaks A Million words of Thankfulness to each one of Rene &Kyle's entire family- Love You All Very Dearly

Corey · Married on 05/25/2014

We are so glad that we worked with Lisa of Gourmet Confections! She provided us with 480 cupcakes plus a topper cake on very short notice!! We were able to choose custom cupcake and frosting flavors and everything was delicious!! She also provided us with a huuuge box of treats to taste before our wedding and absolutely everything was delicious! Lisa delivered the desserts to our venue (on the Sunday of a holiday weekend no-less) and set them up in a beautiful display, including a cupcake tower that were rented from her (she has a round and a square one). We also loved that she had a long-standing, excellent working relationship with our wedding planner: Shannon Whitney of Wedding Planning Plus (also highly recommended!). You know if a wedding planner loves a vendor then they HAVE to be good! Also, Lisa is as sweet as her desserts :)

Sent on 07/07/2014

Shealee · Married on 11/10/2013

Lisa mad us an amazing grooms cake for our wedding. My husband is a Marine and we were married on the Marine Corps Birthday so we thought the perfect groom’s cake would be a birthday cake with the Marine Corps seal on it. We were referred to Lisa by our wedding cake baker who thought Lisa was a better fit for the job. My husband was so impressed at how amazing the cake looked and his marine buddies were blown away. The cake was beautiful and tasted great. I would highly recommend Lisa for any cake needs!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Congratulations to the both of you!!!!!
    Thank You Soo Very Much for allowing me to be a Special part of your Wedding Day celebration at Pat's Barn~
    It was such an honor to design this Very Special Cake to Celebrate both the Groom as well as the USMC Birthday!!!
    Many Thanks to the both of you as well as my dear friend that referred my services to you!
    My Best to the both of you in your new forever together life of Happiness!! <3

Allison · Married on 10/12/2013

Lisa is truly a gifted and talented chef.... and a chef that I had all the confidence in the world in.

We were fortunate enough to have Lisa bake our wedding cupcakes, ranging in flavor from pumpkin spice, to apple cinnamon, to espresso, to belgian white chocolate. The cupcakes were to DIE for ... every single guest was raving about them. Lisa's work didn't stop there ... she also baked (from scratch!) an assortment of cookies and pastries for each table for us. The flavor, freshness and visual appeal left each person speechless.

Lisa's overall presentation of her work was magnificent. The cupcakes looked gorgeous, and our cake topper was truly a work of art. It broke my heart to cut it.

It is very rare to come across a moist, yummy and delectable wedding cake. With Lisa on your team, you are GUARANTEED to have absolutely delicious desserts. We were so fortunate to work with her, and still have some cookies frozen in the freezer ... although this broke her heart to hear, since she NEVER freezes anything. EVERYTHING she bakes is fresh!

xoxo - Allie & Steve Wik

Sent on 10/26/2013

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Tears of Beyond words of Happiness as I read Allie & Steve's Absolutely over the top words of thoughtfulness with Great Appreciation for all of my work that I so put my heart and soul into for their Very Special Wedding Day celebration because of their sincere trust as well as kindness in every way through all of the planning process for months.... Before hand with Suzanne (Allie's Mom)
    We worked together as a great team to bring Everything "ALL" together for Allie & Steve's Day- it was such an honor to be a special part of their Wedding.
    Yikes.... I did hear "Freezer" Allie :))) yes, you surely know I hate Frozen any things!!! If I won't eat them you can be Guaranteed you will NEVER get them from me that way :))
    I can't Thank ALL of you enough for your complete trust as well as Gratitude towards all of your goodies which I designed for your Absolutely nothing less than over the top Stunning Wedding at River Stone Manor~
    ~<3 ~ Love You All Bunches ~ <3 ~

Kristine · Married on 07/19/2013

I can't say enough nice things about Lisa! She was so fun to work with that I looked forward to going there every time. After our first cake tasting I was hooked. She gave us a box of cupcakes consisting of all the different flavors of cake with all the fillings and frostings in separate little containers. It was delivered to my hair salon while I was getting my hair done! Since then she's done a birthday cookie bouquet for my husband which was awesome and she did cupcakes for the rehearsal dinner. My wedding cake was amazing. She added Swarovski crystal bands around each tier and a square crystal broach on a black velvet band around the center tier. It was beautiful and I received tons of compliments on it. I'm sure I'll be using Gourmet Confections for everything now. Everything I've had so far has been amazing. I'm SO looking forward to our 1 year anniversary cake top!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Gourmet Confections's reply:

From the first time Kristine and her Mom came in the bakery to meet with me after Delivering her a sample box to her hair salon~ I knew we were going to be great friends~ not only from a business point but just to chat from time to time~ I am Soo honored to have been such a special part of her whole Wedding celebration from the rehearsal to THE Day of!! I wanted to make sure Kristine'sWedding cake was just perfect for her in every way! Despite the 100 plus degree weather we had on the wedding day!!
    I as well as Soo looking forward to seeing Kristine back for her 1st yr Anniversary cake ~ <3 ~
    Many.....Thanks!! ~ <3 ~

Katie · Married on 05/26/2013

We got a top tier of red velvet cake and 75 cupcakes from Lisa, and everything was delicious!! She was extremely flexible and made us 4 different types of cupcakes, even though there was such a small number of them. Lisa always got back to me very quickly when I had any questions. She was also extremely generous and made us a whole box of cupcakes and frostings to try when we met with her. I'm already looking forward to getting another cake from her on our 1 year anniversary, and I'm sure I'll be going to her many times over the years!

Sent on 06/07/2013

~<3 ~<3 ~ aaaaw.... Thank You...... Sooo Very Much Katie~
    I completely enjoyed every min of working with you as well as designing your topper cake as well as all of your special cupcakes for your Wedding Day~
    Hope you both had an Absolutely Amazzzzing Wedding Day Celebration~ Sooo looking forward to designing another special cake for you~<3 ~
    As well, anytime you ever need a sweet fix :)) just stop in and I will always be more than happy to fix you up a nice little cupcake box to go :))
    The Best to the both of you always
    Xoxoxo...
    Lise~

Xoxoxo
    Lise

Lisa was amazing to work with and has a wonderful product. When I first met with her I was very skeptical I have never and I seriously mean never liked a wedding cake in the past! But, now I was getting married and you obviously needed a wedding cake. So I was determined to find a cake that looked nice and tasted delicious and Lisa did just that. I loved every single one of her favors so I ended up going with cupcakes so I could fit more favors into my "wedding cake". At the time I told Lisa that my theme was apples and the center pieces were going to be apples in baskets and she ran with it! My wedding cake was the most amazing looking and tasting cake that I have ever seen! I also received many compliments from the guests at the wedding on the cupcakes and how delicious they were. My sister is getting married a year from me and booked Lisa as well!!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Thank You Soo Very Much Tara &Jake~ I had Soo much fun creating your wedding cake Cupcakes as well as your bushel basket filled with all kinds of Different Apples as well as fall leaves~ I am Soo grateful to have had the opportunity to be a special part of your Wedding Day~ and Now again for Kaitlyn's.
    I can't say Thank You enough to all of your family for your Kindness as well as support and friendship we have come to share~ <3 ~

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2012

Lise was so great about changing the cake count last minute for us and noone responds faster than her to e-mails!! Great experience with this energy filled ray of sunshine!! And the cake OF COURSE was gorgeous and delicious ( No one could even tell it was vegan!!! ) perfect!

Sent on 08/18/2012

Gourmet Confections's reply:

OMG... What A "Wonderful" Couple to have had the Pleasure to work with!! Jessica as well as David Have Been One of My Absolute Best Couples that have come in to my Bakery <3~ I was Soo excited to make their wish come true~ with an "ALL" Vegan Wedding Cake!! I am Soo Pleased that I got my wish as well on their Wedding Day~ to have had the opportunity to bring them both over to see their Vegan Wedding Cake @ Riverstone Manor! Yayyy!! Two Absolute Wonderful People @ an Amazing Venue~ Sharing The Most Important Day of their Lives= An All Around Perfect Day!! The Very Best to the both of You Jessica and David~ Thank You Both Soo Much!!~xoxoxo....~

juli · Married on 07/21/2012

Hands down the best chocolate cake I have ever had. Lisa did an amazing job. The cake looked beautiful and tasted awesome.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Thank You Soo Very Much Juli!!! I am Soo Happy That You Loved your Wedding Cake! :)) Especially The Dark Chocolate Belgian :))
    The best to the both of you~
    Please Stay in touch~
    Enjoy Your Fall time~
    Love Lise~

naomi · Married on 07/07/2012

Delicious and beautiful looking cake it was everything we asked for, down to specific decorations on the cake to the yummy pink champagne flavor cake on the inside.

The Taste and Quality was out of this world and the beautiful detail was that out of a magazine.
    Thank you for a wonderful wedding cake!

Sent on 07/14/2012

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Aaaaaww~ Thank You Sooooo Very Much!! I am Thrilled to know That I designed your Wedding Cake to every detail you wished to have <3~ Soo Happy You Loved the Pink Champagne! :))
    Many Thanks Again~
    Wishes to the both of you for the Happiest Life together~
    xoxoxo........~

Best tasting cake ever! Lisa has many great ideas and is able to help decide how big or small the cake should be. We had many compliments on our wedding cake.

Sent on 08/09/2012

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Thank You Soo Very for your kind thoughts of Appreciation!! Soo Happy you were Very Pleased with my work!! I honestly try my very Best to help my couples choose what will work best for their special day~
    Many Thanks again to the both of you~ my best to you~ <3~

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2011

WOW! I LOVED MY CAKE! It was the talk of the evening! By far the prettiest cake I have ever seen! Joanne, you had so much patience working with me, thank you! You are a sweetheart your product is AMAZING, you went above and beyond! If you want a beautiful, delicious cake, go nowhere else!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Thank You Soo Very Much!! I am Soo Happy to know that you Loved everything!!! Yayyy!! :)) Many Many Thanks as well for all of your Kindness and Appreciation in regards to my cakes as well as Design work.
    I wish you both the happiest in your future years ahead. <3~

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2011

Lisa is the best to work with. She is full of ideas, fun, and as sweet as any of her cakes. She had us at first taste! She did a great tasting session with us, and we were able to put together all kinds of delicious combinations. We ended up choosing a three tiered, traditional style wedding cake to feed our 125 guests. Each layer had dark chocolate cake with a layer of chambord cream, reaspberry gel, and topped with a layer of pink champagne cake -- YUM! You could taste each layer, and flavor, and different texture in every bite. Our guests told us they went back for seconds and thirds -- when does that ever happen?? Lisa helped me surprise my golf enthusiast husband by making our traditional cake more personalized by adding edible golf balls and golf tees in lieu of flowers. It was all topped off with a custom made Swarovski crystal monogram in our wedding colors. It was just perfect! I can't wait for our 1 Year anniversary cake!! I would recommend Lisa in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Gourmet Confections's reply:

THANK UUUUUUU SOOO Much Nicole and Jake!!!!! U R Just Completely and Totally AWESOME!!! Such A Very Sweet and Fun Bride and Groom!! I am Soo Happy I could B A Very Special Part of Ur Day!! Yayyyy, 4 surprising Jake!! :)) Golf Balls sitting on Stilletto high heel "T"'s :)) and Lots of Peridot Swavorski Bling Base bands as well as that Awesome Swavorski "B" Monogram. :)) I had soo much fun creating this 4 the Both of U and I am soo happy that every1 Loved Ur flavor combos!!! :)) Oh Yes, and Please don't 4-get "Dave's" Swannies!! :))Many Many Thanks again Nicole and Jake Love Yas XOXO P.S. I can't wait 2 C U both back in 1 Yr!! Yayyyy :))

Dave · Married on 10/02/2010

Lisa was awesome... She was great to work with and baked us on of the greatest wedding cakes (and cupcakes) the world has ever seen. This thing was Food Network Challenge quality and everything tasted amazing. We found out about her by word of mouth and will recommend her to anyone we know in the future. In addition, she makes baked items for all occasions, so this is not the last time we will being seeing her. She also made us some tasty treats for the rehearsal dinner that went over HUGE! Lisa is the way to go for a wedding cake in the Capital region. You will not be dissapointed.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Gourmet Confections's reply:

:)) :)) THANK U SOOO MUCH Dave N Bre!! U both were soo much fun 2 work with!! I had Such an awesome time designing Ur Very Special Wedding Cake/ Cupcakes as well as Ur rehearsal dinner Pastries! :)) Especially the Hearts with Ur "D & B" :)) on them. I am soo happy that U loved the design I choose 2 do 4 the both of U! :)) I kept signing the Beatles all the time I was designing it! LOL :)) U both R 2 Totally AWESOME individuals!! Soo Glad Our Mutual friend referred U both! :)) I can't wait 2 C U both back 4 some goodies! Dave: Ur Mom seems SOO very nice: I send her and Ur Dad Many Thanks as well! :)) I Just LOVED all of Ur Wedding Pics so glad Bre has shared them!! I wish U both only the Very Best 2-gether U R both Soo Wonderful!! :)) TY again! :)) Love Lise :))

S · Married on 10/01/2010

Lisa from Gourmet Confections was awesome! People are still talking about the cupcakes she made for our wedding reception! She was so accommodating and did a great job! We will defiitely consult her for any parties/celebrations in the future!!!!

Sent on 01/24/2011

Gourmet Confections's reply:

I am Soo Happy to hear that everyone enjoyed their cupcakes on your Wedding day! Thank You Very Much for all of your thoughtfulness as well as support with my products :))
    Any time you need anything ~ Please just give me a call~ I Love to see everyone over and over :))

Cecilia · event on 08/22/2010

Lisa made a giant cupcake cake for my son's first birthday. It was beautiful! Delicious! Everyone loved it and I wish I still had some left! I couldn't have asked for anything better. It came out how I imagined it to be.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Dodi · Married on 09/27/2008

Lisa is amazing! her designs are gorgeous and she has a wide variety of flavors and choices. We went with a cupcake tower. I sent her a photo of what we wanted and she matched it exactly. Not only did it look gorgeous but the taste was amazing. So delicious!!!! Her prices are great and shes great with communication. She even met up with us to give us a ton of samples to try out! :)

Sent on 10/23/2008

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Thank U Very Much as well 4 Choosing 2 go with Gourmet Confections! I am soo glad that I made Ur Day Special with designing Ur Wedding Cake Just the way U wanted it! :)) As well, I am Very Happy 2 have met Up with U with Ur "Special Delivery" Boxes "LOL" 2 just have A Fun time 2-gether sampling away!! :)) Thank U soo Very Much once again and I am looking forward 2 C-N U both again in the future! :))
    Love Lise :))

Michele · Married on 06/30/2012

Lisa did an amazing job with our wedding cake and cupcakes. She was willing to work with any suggestions I had. The cake tasted amazing along with the cupcakes. Everyone enjoyed them.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Michele!!! :)) I LLLoved working with the both of you as well!!! We did work Very well together didn't we ')) it is soo easy to work with my brides~ especially when we can both give and take and then finalize to make everything come together for your special Day!!!
    Thank You both Soo Very Much for choosing Gourmet Confections~
    Keep in touch~ my best to the both of you! xoxoxo..

Joanna · Married on 10/23/2010

Lisa did an AMAZING job on our cake. When we first met with her she had about 15 different kinds of cake, 10 different fillings and a few frostings an basically said have at it and let me know what kinds you like! She was our only vendor that we didn't even talk over, we both looked at each other and knew we had to have her make our cake.

The day of our cake turned out beautifully and our guests raved about how great it tasted!!! Thank you Lisa!!!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Gourmet Confections's reply:

AAAAAA!!! :)) :)) Thank U SOO Very Much 2 the both of U 4 allowing me 2 make Ur Wedding Cake! I am Soo Happy :)) that U loved it as well as Ur Guests! YEAH!!! :) As well U both made my day completely! Soo Glad 2 have had the opportunity of working with both of U! I appreciate all of Ur feed back and soo glad that U like how I do my carefree tastings! :)) TY SOO Much 2 the both of U! Can't wait 2 C U on Ur 1st anniversary! The Best 2 the both of U! Love Lise~

Lisa · Married on 11/26/2011

We went with cupcakes for our guests (4 different kinds) and our cake topper was de-lish. Our guests were asking for seconds, seriously!! Two weeks after of wedding, they are still raving about how awesome they looked and tasted. One of our guests who is now engaged is checking her out for her wedding cake. Lisa was very accommodating and easy to work with. Two thumbs up!

Sent on 12/08/2011

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Aaaaw~ Bunches of Thanks to the both of you for all of your kindness as well as Appreciation for all of the hard work I Put into every design made!! I absolutely Love making My Brides Day extra Special~
    My Best to you both~ xo..
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 07/09/2011

f you are looking for quality and an order to meet your needs, this is where to get your wedding cake! Lisa is super helpful, open and easy to work with. She has you immediately try all of her cakes and fillings, which is fun. We opted for the carrot cake because we had a smaller wedding--it was AMAZING. Everyone kept talking about how good the cake was at the wedding. Lisa was easy to contact and really just a fun person to work with. As a smaller company-- and I mean that only in the sense that she is a "one man show" and works out of her home-- you get the quality and attention to detail that I found was lacking in other places.

Sent on 07/26/2011

Gourmet Confections's reply:

:)) Thank U Both Sooo Very Much for choosing Gourmet Confections to make Ur Wedding Day Extra Special! :)) I am soo glad to have the opportunity of working with U both:even though 1 of U was Going 2 make their own Wedding Cake! :)) JK!! Thanks Again Soo Very Much 2 the both of U! The Best 2 U :))

Melinda · Married on 10/20/2012

Our wedding cake designed and baked by Lise Ferreira at Gourmet Confections was both gorgeous and delicious! Lise is very creative, talented, easy-going and flexible. Her positive attitude makes her a pleasure to work with. And her dedication to perfection makes her cakes stand out. We wanted an entirely gluten-free cake, as the bride has a wheat allergy, however we weren’t willing to compromise on taste. After taste testing the gluten-free cakes of many of the bakers in Upstate New York, we decided that Lise was the only candidate that met our criteria – gluten-free and to die for. On our wedding day, Lise did not disappoint. Her Belgian Dark Chocolate and Pumpkin Spice cake was a huge success with our wedding guests (and us)! We can’t wait to enjoy Lise’s marvelous cake once again when we journey to her bakery on our 1-year anniversary for a complimentary top tier baked fresh!

Sent on 01/13/2013

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Aaaaaww~ Thank You Both Sooo Very Much!!! I am Honored to have been A Special part of your Wedding day celebration~ as well as have had the opportunity to design a very special cake for the both of you to enjoy on the most important day of your lives together!
    I am looking forward to seeing you both in 1 year to share in your celebration once again with a nice Fresh Anniversary Cake~ Gluten Free!!
    Many Thanks Again~
    Lise~

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2012

Lisa is great to work with, so many comments on how beautiful our cake was.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Gourmet Confections's reply:

Yayyy!! Soo Very Happy Everyone Loved Your Cake!! Soo Very Happy as well Now we share the same Special day together~ :)) Your Wedding Day and My Birthday!! <3~ Thank You Both Very Much for choosing to allow me to make your day extra special!! The Best to the both of you!!xoxo...