Gateway Market Catering Reviews

11 | Des Moines, IA

11 Reviews for Gateway Market Catering

Haylee · Married on 05/04/2019

Delicious food and great service!

Enjoyed every bit of our experience with Gateway! They offered a good price with delicious food everyone loved. Their service was excellent as well. Would totally recommend!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • fallinthegarden

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

We are so happy we went with Gateway! The prices were great for the quality of food. Everything we had was insanely delicious. They helped us determine how much of each item to order, and gave great suggestions for wine. All the servers were fantastic, and everyone was really helpful during consultations and email communications.

One of the best examples of how great Gateway is came from right before our ceremony. A server overheard me make a comment about how hungry I was while my husband and I were hiding in the back of the venue waiting for the ceremony to start, and she brought me a plate with fruit and cheese.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Erin · Married on 11/12/2016

Gateway provided the bar service at our wedding - they did a great job and made planning very easy!

Sent on 12/05/2016

The food was excellent and we are still getting compliments several months later.
    They catered our wedding this summer and it was the best choice we could have made. They worked with us and our venue to help all of the planning go smoothly. They were on-time and seamlessly transitioned from appetizers to the main meal. They even recognized that we were running low on some beverages, and, with our approval, had gone back to get more before we even ran out.
    Thank you Gateway Market.

Sent on 12/06/2015

They did a fantastic job. Everything was wonderful. Everyone of our guests loved the food. The quality of service was outstanding from the first email to follow up email the next day. We can not say enough good things about them. We would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/13/2015

We chose Gateway Market to cater our wedding after the restaurant we were planning to host our lunch reception closed unexpectedly. With two months notice, Gateway Market was completely attentive to our needs, Kelly was incredibly responsive via Email and phone and, most importantly, the food was AMAZING. I highly recommend utilizing Gateway Market--their prices were reasonable and they were very accommodating of some special dietary needs of our guests.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Mary · Married on 06/22/2013

Kelly at Gateway Market did an absolute wonderful job with planning and executing the most beautiful wedding for my daughter and her husband. The food was fabulous!!!!! The guests raved about the taste, presentation and the temperature. We did not have a kitchen available on site and the entrees were steaming hot and the salads cold. Wow! I knew they were good, but exceeded all expectations! The serving staff were amazing and made sure all guests were served promptly. This was not an easy task considering we had almost 250 guests. I will use them for all my catering needs in the future.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Dawn · Married on 05/11/2013

Fantastic looking cake and very delicious. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Kelli · Married on 11/01/2014

The food from Gateway Market was simply delicious! Seriously, every single guest told me how amazing the food was! My wedding party, my family, my friends, and all of my guests loved ALL of the food we chose through Gateway Market. And the staff was so friendly and helpful. It's almost as if they weren't even there -- in the best way possible!! It was as if the plates and glasses were cleared by ninjas, they were so quick and quite. Super impressed. I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Caroline · Married on 07/09/2016

The meal choices provided were amazing for the price. All of our guests loved the food and everything went smoothly. The prices were a bit high for our budget, but the quality of the food definitely made it worth it. There was a little confusion regarding our payment mostly because I asked for a meal change the week before the event and our guests drank more lemonade and tea than expected, so they charged me extra for that. Other than that, our event went smoothly!

Sent on 08/17/2016

I enjoyed working with Gateway Market, they were responsive and very helpful with figuring out what we needed.

Sent on 05/01/2015