Galloping Hill Caterers Reviews

19 | Union, NJ

19 Reviews for Galloping Hill Caterers

They are willing to work with just about any budget don't be afraid to tell them what you need and ask a lot of questions.

Sent on 10/15/2015

The hospitality was perfect. All of our guests raved about the food and said that it was the best atmosphere wedding they have ever been to. Not a single complaint at all!!!!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Sonia and earl · Married on 10/16/2015

thanks galloping hill for making our day very special. the food the service was awesome we just loved everything

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jorge · Married on 04/24/2015

Beautiful place,excelent food best place to do any event .

Sent on 04/27/2015

I had my mom's party there this past weekend and everyone was wonderful! Thank you for making it extra special!!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

We only used Galloping Hill as our reception venue. Everyone was friendly and helpful. They made sure everything was ready and I was happy. Around $120 per plate

Sent on 09/07/2014

Sent on 09/07/2014

Mary Anne · Married on 05/09/2014

Amazing location for your wedding. We loved the food and staff!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Debra · Married on 05/06/2012

They were great!! The Maitre D was amazing he was so helpful and so ready to do anything for us! He was very pleasant and very responsive!! I loved their food and their cocktail hour was set up beautifully everyone was talking about how good the food was a week later. All of my dad's and my father in laws co-workers loved it! Great Job if i ever have another big event i will have it there for sure.

Sent on 08/24/2012
  • F

fABIOLA · Married on 08/22/2009

Very attentive staff and caring, all my guests were very impressed with all the food they offered for cocktail hour

Sent on 10/11/2010

Sent on 10/18/2012
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/11/2019

Fairy tale wedding

Everyone was so attentive! My wedding was absolutely perfecttt

Sent on 08/26/2019

3.5

My wedding turned out to be great! Everyone loved the cocktail hour! The food was above and beyond!!!!

Sent on 04/02/2013

Sandra · Married on 08/13/2017

3.0

Our wedding was on 8/13/2017. I had my concerns about this venue since we booked the buffet option and the cocktail hour is in the same room as the dinner. However, everything turned out beautifully! Although I do have to say I was not too fond of the customer service prior to booking the venue. Every time I called to inquire about something, I would be told different things by different people. Also be warned- they do NOT allow the use of a fog machine. I had imagined my first dance to look like we were "dancing on clouds" but come to find out, they didn't allow it for "fire safety" reasons. Either way, our night turned out great due to our INCREDIBLE maitre'd, Ray. He made sure everything flowed well. He constantly kept asking if we needed anything and he always had our food/drinks ready at our sweetheart table. From what I heard from other guests, he also made them all content. Thank you, Ray! Even though we didn't get to eat, we heard from all our guests that the food was excellent- very tasty! If we were to do it all over again, I would still choose this venue. The food is great, the venue is beautiful and the price is affordable! If you are on a budget and want a beautiful nice wedding, THIS is the venue to choose. I promise! Although there could be up to four parties going on at the same time, the sound is kept within your own room. There are also small rooms upstairs where you can spend time with your bridal party prior to entering the ballroom. The only other negative thing I would have to mention is that there is only one bathroom on the main floor (girls room has 3 stalls) but the good thing is that there was never a long line or wait.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Marie · Married on 07/28/2018

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

Exactly what I expected room was beautiful and the staff were very nice.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Crystal · Married on 06/09/2018

3.4
      2.0

In the beginning the Manager that I dealt with "Michelle" was very rude and unprofessional. However, once I spoke to the owners secretary, they accommodated me and even upgraded me to 2 rooms. The Matre D " Joe" was the best. Hats off Joe, we love you. The only downside was one of my guests had money stolen from her wallet, $300. And I read a review from someone else who said the same thing happened to them. So if you use Galloping Hill make sure you keep an eye on your belongings and definitely don't forget anything there or you may not see it again.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Nina · Married on 08/19/2012

3.4
      3.5

My husband and I had a amazing reception and our guest loved the food and the atmosphere

Sent on 01/05/2013

Diana · Married on 11/27/2010

2.8
      2.0

Let's start by saying that this venue is beautiful, the food is excellent and the price is even better. We went to a few places and this one blew us away. The value for what you are getting is absolutely incredible. Our pre-wedding meetings were fantastic and completely put my mind at ease. Unfortunately, not so much the night of our wedding. In the eyes of our guests, our wedding was amazing...which, in the end, makes us happy...but I can tell you that it was far from flawless. The cocktail hour butler style hors d' oeuvres (which we specifically picked out) were half wrong...we spent half the time looking for what we ordered...and they just put out what they had. Some people didn't get dinners and some got cold dinners...I will say, those who got hot meals will tell you the food was great. Our Maitre'd Antonio was NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. The venetian hour was far from an hour...the desserts were gone very quickly. It was really just a lot of little things that added up. The room was beautiful, the food was great and our guests were beyond thrilled. I just wish we were as happy about it as they were.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Judy B · Married on 05/10/2020

For my Bridal Shower

I usually don’t write reviews, but this place deserves one. From the moment i reserved this venue for my Bridal shower, i was treated with complete and utter disrespect. To begin with, when me and my mother went to the venue to drop off the final deposit for the event space, we decided to follow up with Michelle, a banquet manager who has been there for 33 years, just to make sure everything was ready for my event. She treated me and my mother with an extremely rude manner, kept interrupting us, tried to shut us up by putting her hand in front of my mothers face, threatened to call the cops and walked out in the midst of us speaking. For someone who has been there for 33 years, she seems to lack in hospitality skills and professionalism and she wasn’t the only one. The “wonderful and experienced” Michelle sent us to another manager, Lou, to help us and instead, he turned us away and told her to get out and I quote “argue outside because he has work to do”. My event started at 11AM and on the website, the venue states that they open at 10AM. My bridal party was at the venue at 10AM and they would not allow them to go in and set up, not until 1030AM. They gave us half an hour to set up an entire room that’s supposed to fill at least 80 people that were arriving at 11AM. The staff has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Guests were arriving and they were still setting up the tables with silverware and decorations, even missing my centerpieces for a few of my tables. For my shower, i paid extra for a maître d’ to help assist me and my fiancé with anything that we may need and he was nowhere to be found the entire time. Throughout the bridal shower, the staff was also nowhere to be found. They left dirty plates and empty pitchers on every table, and an hour later when they decided to FINALLY remove the dirty plates, they left them in buckets all around the event space. Disgusting. They provided me with nothing but horrible customer service, unorganized management, as well as complete unprofessionalism. They take pride in operating for over 30 years, however, it is evident that their Banquet staff has learned nothing about hospitality and customer service. It is also evident that you get what you pay for. I paid thousands of dollars for this venue and they charged me $100 extra on the day of my Bridal Shower for a room to get ready in. I would’ve thought that putting so much money into this event space that they would at least offer a complimentary bridal room to get ready in. They didn’t even give us a heads up beforehand to let us know about the extra charge. They caused so much unnecessary stress and frustration that I felt like I wasn’t able to enjoy my day without worrying about something else going wrong. I have never dealt with such ill mannered, disrespectful people in my life. Beautiful venue, awful staff. You’d be much better going somewhere else.

Sent on 09/14/2019