Frosted Reviews

107 | Dayton, OH

107 Reviews for Frosted

• Hilarie

Hilarie · Married on 05/16/2010

Service and Cake were more than excellent! The cake was beautiful and tasted absolutely wonderful! I had several people at the wedding stop me and ask about the cake! Very Very good cake!
    Will definitely be keeping Frosted in mind for other cake needs!

Sent on 05/24/2010

Kara · Married on 03/27/2010

Working with Frosted for my wedding was great! The cupcakes were delicious and beautiful. Melissa was very easy to work with and I couldn't have been more pleased with the result. I've recommended Frosted to everyone I know who needs a cake, cupcakes or cake pops! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 01/26/2011

Christine · Married on 12/19/2009

Frosted was willing to drive from Dayton to West Chester, OH to set up. They were very reasonable and did a wonderful job. I would definitely have them back again for any special occasion we may have.

Sarah · Married on 12/05/2009

My FROSTED wedding cake was delicious, beautiful and delivered on time with no complications! When I realized I had over-ordered, I decided to find take home boxes for the guests (everyone loved this). Melissa was able to find the perfect little boxes (with windows) at a very reasonable cost for me! It was perfect! We plan to order an anniversary cake and my husband even wanted to order a Christmas cake (3 weeks after the wedding), just to eat some delicious cake!

Sent on 03/03/2010

Lindsey · Married on 10/10/2009

The cake not only looked great, but tasted even better. We got so many comments on how unique it looked, and how great it tasted. Very professional, on time and great to work with.

Jessica · Married on 09/05/2009

I loved my cake and so did all of our guests!

Marti · Married on 09/05/2009

The cake was not only beautiful, it was delicious. Someone mentioned at the wedding that they rarely see everyone eating cake ... the word quickly traveled through the hall; the cake was almost gone! Thank you for the professional service - a beautiful wedding cake - and a no worry experience. I will recommend you to everyone.

Sent on 02/26/2010

Jaime · Married on 08/29/2009

The cakes were not only beautiful but also delicious!!!

Lindsey · Married on 08/15/2009

Melissa was able to provide us the exact cake we described.. and the taste was beyond our expectations! We were very happy with the prices for the cake as the quality was great, yet the price was reasonable. Melissa was a pleasure to work with and we had no complaints!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Lisa · Married on 08/08/2009

Frosted did a cupcake tower for our wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL! Even better than i could have imagined... the best part was the size of the cupcakes, they were HUGE :) I've had so many people ask about the, saying they were gorgeous and very delicious too!

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2009

Frosted was a pleasure to work with. With so many things to worry about on my wedding day the cake was not one of them. It was stunning and she did an awesome job. I will also add that of all the places I looked she had the best price and personality! I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/27/2010

Kristen · Married on 05/23/2009

Melissa was GREAT to work with and my cakes (wedding and grooms) were Absolutely PERFECT!!!

Sent on 02/25/2010

Melissa · Married on 08/25/2007

Frosted has provided my cakes for several occasions. Melissa's cakes are fantastic, and she is friendly, helpful, and her prices are extremely reasonable.

Sent on 03/01/2010

Tina · Married on 06/03/2006

Melissa was very open to ideas we had for our cake and was able to incorporate our floral choices into the cake, as well. She worked with the florist directly to accomplish this. The cake was beautiful, and exactly what we envisioned.

Sent on 02/23/2010

Our cake was amazing! I still get cravings for the fabulous strawberry cake with marshmallow fondant icing from time to time! It is possibly the only wedding that I have ever been to where the cake tasted as amazing as it looked!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Brooke · Married on 11/11/2005

The cake is an important piece at any wedding reception and with Frosted I was able to find someone who could design exactly what I wanted have it taste as good as it looked! There is no limit to the creativity offered with Frosted and it ALWAYS tastes as wedding cake should, delicious!

Sent on 02/28/2010

Jen · Married on 09/17/2005

My husband and I are huge fans of Frosted. Our wedding cake was beautiful and exactly what we wanted (and more!). We have used Frosted for many other occasions since our wedding and have always found the cakes and cupcakes to be yummy and pretty-- a huge party hit. I recommend Frosted to everyone who is planning a wedding.

Melissa · Married on 03/14/2005

She did a excellent job on my son's birthday cake. Very affordable price, delicious product and delightful service. I will definitely return, best in Dayton!

Sent on 02/25/2010

Kaitlin · Married on 09/13/2015

I used Frosted for my wedding cake this past September and worked with Melissa for the most part. She was very helpful since I was doing all my selection and such through email due to myself being overseas at the time... I had many different questions and annoying requests but she answered everything and with impeccable timing! Unfortunately I did not get a chance to do a tasting (although one was offered) so I just picked from their many many flavors and they were all delicious! My guests couldn't stop talking about how good the cake was, not just for its flavor but also it's presentation. They provided a cake stand and delivery... although because my wedding was on a Sunday they didn't charge extra for it being on a Sunday, as some other bakeries do. I would highly recommend Frosted!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Nothing but compliments on the cake, Melissa was great to work with!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Christiane · Married on 11/11/2011

I shopped around quite a bit for my wedding cake; comparing mainly customer service and price. I found Frosted to have excellent customer service: always being timely in response to my phone calls and emails. The price was comparable to most others and cheaper than some. I knew that I wanted a flourless chocolate cake with ganache icing. Some vendors could not make the cake I wanted, some had never made it before and were scared to try. Melissa Clough at Frosted stepped up to the challenge. She made two different samples to get me the taste I wanted. We went back and forth with design as I wasn’t certain how I wanted it to look and because some designs make a significant price difference. In the end, I was very satisfied! The aroma of the cake filled the room. It was beautiful, delicious, and very rich (a chocolate lovers dream). I have nothing but good things to say.

Sent on 11/16/2011

Judy · Married on 07/18/2010

We were very satisfied with Frosted. I wanted an unusual wedding cake one looking like a church with a steeple. They were able to do it exactly as we wanted.

Sent on 03/18/2011
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2011

3.5

Loved my cake and it tasted great! A friend of mine who is known non-cake lover said she was shocked that she tried and liked the cake, it was our chocolate/peanut butter layer. I wanted something different and they delivered! I wanted black fondant and some people turned me away at the thought of it. They did add a $10 after the fact because of the of metallic color which was on the originally quote but I didn’t worry about it. And they also added flower s to the bottom around the base and these green leafy things that I didn’t not approve or like, I don’t know where they came from?! Over all, the cake was modern, yummy, and affordable. All I could ask for.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Frosted's reply:

Hi Courtney - thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear that someone placed flowers and greenery around the base of your cake without your approval - please feel free to check out our facebook photo gallery and you will be able to see the cake how we left it. Thanks again Courtney and best wishes!

Chloe · Married on 07/09/2016

Thank you Melissa & Frosted for our beautiful wedding cake! We changed our design halfway to the wedding, and she accommodated us no problem at all. She was always willing to work with our budget. Prices were extremely reasonable compared to some of the bigger bakeries around town, and the cake was just as good if not better! We were able to sample adorable little mini cakes, and she has a wide variety of flavors to choose from. We went with Vanilla with Almond Buttercream, Spice with Buttercream, and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Buttercream. All so delicious! We also were able to order kitchen cakes that were cut in the back-a great way to save some money. We rented a cake stand from Frosted too, which was really convenient and we just had to return it by Wednesday after the wedding. She was hard to get ahold of for an in-person meeting, but very responsive to texts and emails and even though I only had one in-person meeting at our initial consultation, she made me feel confident in our cake and she delivered it every bit as we had discussed. Definitely recommend! Thanks Frosted!

Sent on 09/12/2016

3.0

I had ordered 8 dozen cupcakes each to be topped with a sugar leaf. When we picked them up, the leaves were not on the cupcakes. They came separate and my mom and other people setting up had to take lots of time to put them on the cupcakes. I don't know if this was a communication error with Frosted or what, but we were not expecting to spend time putting little sugar leaves on cupcakes. That being said, they still tasted amazing and Melissa is great to work with. Would still recommend.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Frosted's reply:

Sorry for any misunderstanding - putting sugar leaves on cupcakes when they are in the containers will cause the leafs to loose shape and melt - those containers work best for traveling with the cupcakes so we always choose to use those for a pick up. The delivery and set up fee was removed from the order per your request when you changed to a pick up. That fee covers the time it take to bring the cupcakes and set them up - again we apologize if there was extra time taken for setting up the order that was not planned.

Congratulations again and best wishes!