DJ Sir Edgar Reviews

16 | San Francisco, CA

16 Reviews for DJ Sir Edgar

Kasey Sanders · Married on 10/12/2018

We highly recommend DJ Sir Edgar!

We were very happy with our experience with DJ Sir Edgar! He was professional, organized, friendly and easy to work with. You can tell he's an expert at his job and we were fully confident in his advice. He did a fantastic job DJing at our wedding and reading the crowd to keep the dancing going. We also had lighting from him that made the dance floor look awesome. We're so glad we went with DJ Sir Edgar and highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 04/07/2018

I can't say enough about Sir Edgar other than that he was amazing. We met him once about 9 months before the wedding and filled out a questionnaire about a week and a half before the wedding and everything ran beyond smooth the day of the wedding. He kept us on schedule and and was so much fun. And when we had an unexpected power outage he collaborated with our wedding planner and other DJ friend at the wedding to get a generator and get things going. Most importantly when we got the power back up the party had not died down a bit. The music was great and the dance floor stayed full! He was accommodating with requests and putting them in smoothly and was even willing to stay over the agreed time because of the power outage! Hands down the best wedding DJ.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2018

LITERALLY the best of the best! Mat C was the DJ at our wedding and it was the best night of our lives. Sir Edgar was easy to communicate with and responded quickly. We had to reschedule our party due to the fires in Northern California and they were so kind and easy going about it. Mat C was super accommodating as I sent our songs to him super late and he included everything I requested. He was also so nice and just plain AWESOME!!!! The dancing lasted all night thanks to Mat C!! I would recommend them to anyone looking :)

Sent on 03/31/2018

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

You guys.... stop it. DJ Sir Edgar was LITERALLY the most amazing DJ I could ever imagine. Please please do yourself a favor and call/email him immediately and see if he has your date available. If he doesn't, consider changing your wedding date to fit his availability (only half kidding).

We cared a lot about a great DJ because we love to dance, and Edgar more than delivered. After an impromptu living room dance party listening to his sample mixes on his website, we put our deposit down, met in person, created a small Spotify playlist for general inspiration, and he did the rest. He live mixes which is awesome (not a DJ "press play") and our friends are still talking about the epic dance party that was our reception. His song selection somehow catered to everyone. Grandparents were droppin' it low alongside our college friends. It was like magic.

His pricing was competitive, his attitude is fantastic and he's such a nice guy--it makes you want to support local vendors and small businesses. He really set the tone for the best reception we could have imagined. @Edgar, if you read this: thank you SO much--we'll never forget the night, in huge part to you.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Justin · Married on 10/22/2016

No Lie, There is a reason why DJ Sir Edgar is rated 5 stars across the board. He had our wedding rockin!. We just got married 10/22/16 and our friends are still texting us about how much fun they had and how unbelievably fun the reception was. If our venue would have allowed us to go past 11:00 pm, we would have kept the party going until we dropped from exhaustion. He is extremely professional and has a lot of music/wedding planning documents to help you decide the flow of your event. We had a 1 hour phone consultation and then he took care of the rest. We have been to a lot of weddings where the DJ killed the vibe, if you don't want that to happen at your wedding, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you go with Sir Edgar. He is worth every penny and more. I'd give him 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2016

We were really happy with Sir Edgar as our DJ!!!
    He met us before we hired him, so we would be confident about working with him. He took our suggestions to heart and added his own great twist. Everyone had a blast dancing!
    The mic-ing worked perfectly for the ceremony.
    My mom and dad (as well as us) were impressed by how he was able to keep the dance floor filled and that he was able to keep all ages on the dance floor with a range of music.
    I also loved that during the cocktail hour that he took time to find one of my favorite modern French artists and play it throughout the cocktail hour and dinner.
    We were very please with Edgar, and we would definitely recommend him to any couple looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Lili · Married on 07/23/2016

Planning our San Francisco wedding from the East Coast was no easy feat, but luckily, we were able to find Sir Edgar through Yelp. When we contacted Edgar, we learned that he was unavailable on our wedding date, but he referred us to one of his teammates named, John-V (aka Rocky). Although we were somewhat skeptical of choosing a DJ without public reviews, we decided that Edgar’s Yelp reviews were so positive, that we trusted one of his teammates would do a good job, and wow were we right!

Plane and simple...John-V was excellent! John-V was just very personable during our initial conversation. He was professional, courteous, easy to talk to, and also had a positive energy that we could tell would be perfect for our wedding reception. During the wedding he did an excellent job of keeping the night moving/on schedule, but also was flexible when we made some last minute changes to our reception.

He kept people on the dance floor for the entire night and switched on/off songs we wanted/didn’t want on the fly. Many of our guests remarked that he was the perfect wedding DJ. Overall, John-V exceeded our expectations for a wedding DJ and we were highly satisfied with his work. We would strongly recommend him to family and/or friends in need of a DJ.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Austin · Married on 05/07/2016

Sir Edgar was amazing. He made our special day that much more special. He listened to our requests while instilling his knowledge and expertise to ensure a magical evening.

I would recommend using Sir Edgar to all of my friends, family and strangers. I know you will have a wonderful experience and feel confident in your decision to use Sir Edgar.

Thank you again for your time and support for our special day.

Cheers, Austin and Katie

Sent on 06/15/2016

chelsea · Married on 12/31/2015

Sir Edgar really kept the party moving! I had given him playlists (one for dinner, one for dancing) as well as some culture-specific songs (my husband is Cantonese) and he managed through them with ease. He read the crowd throughout the night and responded to requests from friends.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Christopher · Married on 03/14/2015

We loved the music Edgar played during our wedding.
    Not only did he play music, he also hosted the wedding, announcing the toasts and first dance, etc.
    I found Edgar very easy to work with and communicate with. His prices are very reasonable as well. He also provides uplighting as a package deal!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Patrick · Married on 05/17/2014

DJ Sir Edgar and his assitant, Rocky, are badass. He DJed our wedding in the Napa valley a few weeks back and we cannot recommend him any more. Edgar was awesome to work with from day one. He was responsive to emails, answered any questions we had, and provided input and advice as we needed. We all know how important this is when you're trying to plan a wedding and have no idea what you're doing!

He handled all things audio (and video) related for our wedding. This included audio/projector/mics for: ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Since our first email with him we felt at ease and after meeting him we knew he was our guy. He played exactly what we wanted for all phases of the wedding.

We kept it classy with some classical stuff during the ceremony, some R&B/John Legend-ish songs for cocktails and dinner, and for the reception we asked him to turn it up and put the kiddies to bed. I am confident that he can play to any crowd; whether you're looking for some club bangers or oldies.

I am not one to typically write reviews but Edgar and Rocky more than deserved it. They are true professionals. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/12/2014
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 03/15/2014

After looking at my DJs on Yelp and interviewing them, we decided on DJ Sir Edgar. He DJ'd our wedding two weeks ago. From his reviews, it seemed he was great at what he did. Well, he lived up to every bit of his 5 star rating. First off, he was very responsive to any and all emails we sent him. He was professional and very pleasant to deal with in person. He walked us through the process and came off very experienced at what he does. He was also VERY accommodating since I am a music freak and I wanted to have a lot of our music played at our wedding. We got a packaged deal with the up-lighting and a photo booth also which was a better deal than we would have gotten through our venue. His audio set up was fantastic, he mic'd up our officiant, so when we all spoke during the ceremony, we were heard loud and clear with no audio glitches. He kept the night moving smoothly throughout the cocktail hour and reception and on a timeline we gave him. If we deviated from our timeline, he communicated it to us and rolled with it. Weddings don't always go directly by a timeline so DJ Sir Edgar did a great job of handling any changes on the fly without a problem. Lastly, when we hit the dance floor, the party was ON! He took some of my music, mixed it perfectly with his and the dance floor was NEVER empty. I barely ate my dinner and cake because I wanted to be on there dancing, same with my wife, the wedding party and our guests. To this day we still get compliments on how it was the BEST wedding they ever been to, and I have to say DJ Sir Edgar really contributed to making our wedding a fantastic evening. If I plan any other event like this in the future, I would use his services again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Sally · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I used Edgar for our wedding this past Labor Day and couldn't be happier with the decision. This guy seriously knows how to keep the party going! From the first dance to the last dance, Edgar kept the jams flowing and our guests glued to the dance floor all night long. Prior to the big day, we had supplied Edgar with a laundry list of songs for before the wedding, during the ceremony, during the cocktail hour, and during the dinner reception (my husband and I are kinda into our music). He did not even blink at the list of 50+ songs and they were all played without a hitch. As for the dancing, we pretty much gave Edgar artistic freedom to do what he does best, and he completely lived up to all the Yelp hype. He read the crowd marvelously and ran with what seemed to get the guests grooving, which as it turned out, was a lot of old school 90's hip hop/rap (we had told him ahead of time that we had wanted a couple of songs from this genre as an inside joke among friends, but it ended up blowing up and Edgar came prepared with plenty of ammo from the genre to keep it going).

As for the personal and professional interactions, Edgar was incredibly prompt in responding to all of my emails and questions, never letting more than a day go by before getting back to me. Believe it or not, my husband and I never actually met Edgar face to face, besides a brief introduction to my husband as he was getting mic'ed up before the ceremony. For the day of the wedding, we pretty much just put him into contact with our day-of-coordinator and it was smooth sailing from there. Also, if you're worried about pricing for such a high-quality DJ, Edgar is very competitively priced. I got quotes from 4 other DJs in the area and Edgar's pricing was pretty much the same as everyone else's.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Natalie · Married on 07/19/2013

Sir Edgar was exactly what I was looking for in a DJ. I could not have been happier! Sir Edgar hosted our July 19th, 2013, wedding at Nicholson Ranch in Sonoma. His style and music was top notch! We simply told him our wedding theme (vintage romantic) and gave him some favorites and he got the dance floor moving from the start of the wedding. It was difficult to eat because everyone wanted to dance to all the oldies and favorites. When dinner was over, the dance floor was packed! He played well beyond our contracted time into the midnight hour while a few special girlfriends and I had some dance time together. The only regret is that it had to end. I would use Sir Edgar again in a heart beat and recommend him to anyone looking for DJ that knows his music and is not the cookie cutter DJ playing off an IPod. Thank you Edgar for making our night so special. I will never forget the music and dancing under the stars!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Erin · Married on 06/25/2011

Ed is a fantastic DJ. He DJ'd for our wedding and we were blown away at how amazing he was. We had at least 10 people come up to us throughout the night saying that he's the best DJ they've ever heard! We couldn't have chosen a better DJ to help make our day amazing!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Edgar was fabulous and did a great job throwing us a huge dance party for our wedding. He managed to keep the entire family and our group of crazy friends all dancing together all night long. And once family was mostly gone, he stepped up the energy so that we could have a really awesome end of the night. We had a mix of fun classic oldies / 80s for the earlier part followed by lots of current dance hits, poppy electronic and EDM. It was a great night, a bit party and all of our friends LOVED the music.

Sent on 07/12/2014