Current Catering Reviews

Current Catering View more information

3.8

• User2944863 2+ years ago
    We had a unique menu in mind for our wedding reception and wanted to stay within a certain budget - Dana at Current Catering helped us get exactly what we wanted for a great price. People RAVED about the food at our wedding - it was so delicious! They also gave us a second buffet as our venue had two seating on a balcony, so those people wouldn't have to carry food up and downstairs, and their staff were extremely courteous and friendly. Loved working with them!
    Taryn Married on 04/02/2011
    Benson's ONLY did our alcohol. We had elected another vendor for catering and, well, it's a very long story that has to do with licensing. But ultimately, Benson's stepped in at the last minute and got the job done. They met our budget needs based on some of the long story I alluded to earlier. Amanda, our contact there, was extremely professional throughout. We only had a few days to take care of everything, and she was totally on top of communication and getting the quote to me straight away. They served quality and a variety of liquor and were even willing to accommodate a small request for an additional type of (cheap!) beer. At the event, the bartenders were quick to serve and accurate. Very satisfied.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 05/15/2016
    Current Catering did a great job with all of our wedding events!. Their staff is courteous and very accommodating. We took a dinner cruise for our rehearsal dinner- it was a beautiful evening, we had our own area of the boat which was nice and all or our guests had a great time. The catering at our wedding was delicious and the staff was helpful and fun; we received many compliments and people loved the assorted tiny dessert options. We worked with the wedding coordinator, Dana Probes, and she was so organized and friendly. Everything turned out beautiful, I'm so glad we choose them for all our wedding events.
    Megan K. Married on 05/26/2019

Fine food, but not so great service

Summary: The entrée was OK and hors d’oeuvres amazing, but keep a close eye on the staff or they will end up serving dinner without the bride and groom present.

I recently used Current Catering from my wedding as the bride. We got a series of hors d’oeuvres plates for the cocktail hour and had plated dinners with salads. If you are doing a buffet, this review may not apply. Additionally, CC provided the cake cutting services. Drinks were provided by another company.

Like most weddings, we took about 1-1.5 hours following the ceremony to take pictures. The biggest issue I had with Current Catering was that they served the salads to the guests signaling the start of dinner about an hour early while the bridal party was still taking photos. This resulted in all of the guest eating the salads and the plates being cleared away before the bride and groom even entered the hall. Additionally, it resulted in some people asking “where are you” / “where have you been”, which I was explicitly trying to avoid by providing hors d’oeuvres. I was very disappointed to arrive to the only two salads left in the room for me and the groom and our entrees already served besides them. My dinner (the ham with pineapple glaze) was dry and not nearly as good as the tasting. This may be because it was sitting out for who knows how long.

The company was not very good at following their contract or the schedule of the day. They were provided a schedule about a week before my event. The time for dinner to start and the time for the entrée to be served were the same as the contract we signed about 5 months prior, so this is not an issue of changing details at the last minute. Granted, the contract did say the guest’s salads would be pre-set, but with the bride and groom not even set to arrive for another 45 minutes, the timing on pre-setting the salad was very off. Naturally, the guests started eating early, which meant that the groom and I only got to share about half a dinner with our guests and a rushed one at that.

Here’s a list of things that were in the contract that Current Catering neglected to do:
    1) Since the bridal party was taking pictures outside of the reception hall, CC was supposed to bring over a sample of the hors d’oeuvres for the bride and groom. This didn’t happen. One of the bridesmaids got us samples, or else we would have not even had any hors d’oeuvres.
    2) The bride was supposed to receive a plate of applesauce (it came with the kids meals and I love applesauce). Not only was this not served, but even after the groom reminded CC to provide this, they still did not serve any.
    3) We had purchased a dozen chocolate covered strawberries to take home. They were put out for the guests to eat instead of being left in the fridge as instructed.

Overall, while the hors d’oeuvres were top notch, I was disappointed in the entrée and level of service. I had introduced myself to the caterers prior to the ceremony, so they would know who to check in with in case of problems. The day before my wedding, I was thinking that Current Catering was a good value for the cost. Now I’m more of the “you get what you pay for” opinion when it comes to their lax attitude about making sure they day fits the two most important people celebrating it.
  • Jackie
    Jackie G. Married on 07/11/2020

The wedding embarrassment!

Current Catering completely ruined all aspects of the food service for my daughter’s wedding. I am so disappointed in their unprofessional conduct, the quality and taste of the food, the horrible condition of the buffet, and mess left over after the event. I was served my mushy risotto by a server who used his finger to scape if off the spoon.