Butterfield Photography Reviews

Sierra Vista, AZ
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 28 Reviews
View more information

Tricia Married on 06/22/2013
    Maria and her husband Robert are the best they were so professional and captured the most precious photos every we just love them
    Rachel Married on 03/30/2013
    Robert and Maria are an amazing team! We couldn't have asked for better photos of our incredible day! Thank you for capturing our memories so beautifully.
    Megan Married on 09/29/2012
    I absolutely LOVE Maria. <3 I was extremely nervous before my 'engagement session'.. but she made me feel like a supermodel! Not only that, but she is the sweetest person to work with. Maria has a presence is just so warm and inviting. We really could not have made a better decision choosing Butterfield photography. Every time I look at our photos I fall more and more in love.. Thank you Maria for making my day so memorable. <3
    Lindsey Married on 08/25/2012
    Maria is the best wedding photographer in the world! She captured our day and was so easy to work with!
    Sara Married on 06/01/2012
    Maria was absolutely wonderful! I loved her work and she was so professional. She captured all the special moments while allowing everything to flow freely and not feel overly staged and coordinated. Robert did an awesome job capturing details and working with the men. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a good value for their money, professional service and someone who you can really connect with.
    Erica Married on 05/22/2012
    I would need to be a far more eloquent person to fully express how highly my husband and I recommend the services of Butterfield Photography! We decided to elope with less than 3 weeks notice. I contacted Maria and after about 90 seconds on the phone, knew that we should hire Butterfield Photography.

Maria went above and beyond, staying in contact with me multiple times per week. Her helpfulness and kindness was much appreciated given we were rushing to put together a wedding in 3 weeks and in a location 1200 miles from home! Maria offered suggestions and even offered to pick up anything we may need. Four days before our wedding, we were required to change the ceremony time to accommodate the officiant. I contacted Maria and her response was "Don't worry about it, the lighting is better then!"

On the day of our wedding, Maria and Robert drove one hour each way, for the nominal cost of gas. They showed up earlier and stayed far later than the time frame we had paid for. When we offered to pay them extra for their time, they graciously refused.

And the photos! Maria posted a selection of photos within just a couple days and within 10 days, we received a wonderful package in the mail from Maria and Robert. I wouldn't want to give away any secrets, but the package contained wonderful photos and very sweet surprises for both my husband and I. The photos were absolutely stunning-- we have received endless compliments about the quality of our wedding photos.

The photos alone would have been enough for me to give 5 stars, but the attitude, professionalism, and joy that the Butterfields bring to their work make me want to give 10 stars! We very highly recommend the services of Butterfield Photography-- we intend to hire them again when we have family photographs made. The only question is if we are going to go back to Arizona for the session or fly them to Iowa!

Erica
  • F
    Fran Married on 11/18/2011
    I cannot say enough about Maria and her husband Robert. From the moment I met Maria I knew that she was the person I wanted to photograph our wedding. She is an incredibly friendly and kind person. Maria was willing to travel for our engagement photographs, in order to allow us to have then taken in a place that had special meaning to us as a couple. It was also a great experience to have someone who I was comfortable with taking photos on the wedding day. Maria and her husband were kind and gracious to our friends and family and worked well with the staff at our venue. Photography was the one thing that I was willing to pay more for in order to ensure quality. With Maria, we did not need to break the bank to get incredible photos. Maria's prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of services she provides. The photos we have seen so far are beautiful and have far exceeded our expectations. We will cherish them. We could not have picked a better photographer for our special day!
    Jannina Married on 08/27/2011
    Maria was an absolute pleasure to work with. She took time to get to know my husband and I and was genuinely interested in learning about us. She not only beautifully captured images from our wedding, but also really captured who we are as a couple. The pictures that Maria provided us with were imaginative, romantic, funny and exactly what we were hoping for in our engagement and wedding albums. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a professional photographer.
    Allison Married on 08/05/2011
    I loved working with Maria! She has an amazing eye for beautiful shots and is very easy to work with. The photos of our wedding are more beautiful than I could have imagined. When I look back at our pictures, I get the same feelings as if it was that day again. Thank you Maria!!
    Kelly Married on 05/15/2011
    Maria did a great job! We got great pictures
    Jessica Married on 04/28/2011
    Butterfield photography is a Husband/Wife team, unfortunately my husband and I have only gotten the pleasure of meeting Maria, who is absoultely fabulous! We hired another photographer who is good friends with Maria and suggested having Maria as a second shooter at our wedding. We were thrilled to meet her. She included an engagement session a month or two before our wedding that let us get to know her before our big day. We had an awesome time, met up in Bisbee for a chilly shoot. She is just about the sweetest person you would ever meet. We spent about 2 hours in Bisbee taking pictures that day. =) We were so pleased with her services that I've also done a "Trash the Dress" session, and we just recently got family (including our two dogs who love her as much as we do) pictures done in Ramsey Canyon for our Christmas cards. Her pricing is great and very affordable. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting Robert for our next shoot! =)
    Becky Married on 03/26/2011
    Maria did a beautiful job! She is a wonderful photographer! I love all my photos from my wedding and couldn't have asked for anything better.
    Mary Married on 02/05/2011
    Maria was amazing to work with. She made us feel very comfortable was able to capture our fun-loving relationship by allowing us to be ourselves during the photo shoots.
    Natasia Married on 01/15/2011
    Maria is the absolute best photographer you could ask for on your special day! Not only does she take beautiful photos and is incredibly knowledgeable about lighting, colors, posing, etc. but she is a doll to work with. My advice to any future bride, newly engaged couple, high school senior, or anyone requesting a photographer's services is to find someone you truly feel comfortable being yourself around AND who does amazing work. The best thing you can have to commemorate a special day is photos bursting with your personality and you will only get that with a photographer that you feel so comfortable being around. Maria really is the complete package and truly seeks to get to know her clients before and during the shoots so that she can make sure you shine through! Not to mention her packages are great prices and the quality is absolutely breathtaking. I love her photojournalistic style, but she will definitely oblige those parent-requested formal shots. If you or a friend is in the market for the most amazing photos and stress-free experience, Butterfield Photography is for you!!
    Stephanie Married on 11/27/2010
    Thank you for all the amazing pictures. I will definitely recommend you as a photographer to my friends and family. We thank you for capturing our greatest moments of our life.
    Maria Married on 10/10/2010
    Maria was the most amazing photographer I could have hoped to work with. Beautiful pictures were a priority for our wedding, but we were budget concious. Butterfield Photography certainly "fit the bill" and far exceeded our expectations! Knowing Maria had the photography under control put me at ease- I was able to really enjoy our wedding day. She was the perfect blend of professional with a sweet personal touch. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with not only my pictures, but my whole experience with Butterfield Photography!!
    Stephanie Married on 10/09/2010
    Maria is the sweetest person ever! She made both my husband and I (who both HATE having our pictures taken) feel 100% comfortable and at ease. The pictures and video that she took all turned out fantastic. I've never liked pictures of myself until I saw these. The way she works is fantastic. Besides getting a wonderful photographer you are also bound to make a new friend. We will go back to Butterfield Photograph anytime we need professional pictures taken, without a doubt.
    (With love and appreciation Stephanie and Merle)
    Marisha Married on 07/10/2010
    Maria Butterfield is not just a BRILLIANT photographer, she is a friend to my husband and me. Not only did we share the same wedding day, she shared her talent with us as well. My engagement photos, wedding photos, slideshows, and album are AMAZING!!! We get so many compliments on every single photo she took. We were so blessed to have Maria as our photographer, and I would, well I already have, recommend her to any new bride looking for a TERRIFIC photographer.
    Anna Married on 06/05/2010
    Maria,
    You are absolutely talented and amazing at what you do. It's great to find a photographer who can capture so much emotion in every single photograph. You allow many couples to have beautiful memories that they can keep for a lifetime.
    Rebecca Married on 05/08/2010
    Maria Butterfield is one of the best photographers that I met with during my search for my wedding. She's so much fun, professional and affordable. She is also awesome at what she does, she catches moments at your wedding that you could only hope to catch yourself during your day.
    Mandy Married on 05/02/2010
    Maria is beyond the best in Sierra Vista. Her professionalism and quality of work is above any standard I have seen in Sierra Vista. She has a creative eye that captures the essence of the day/event/moment! I cannot say a bad thing her service or abilty as a photographer.
    We will without a doubt be using Maria again in our future needs!!
    Cara Married on 06/07/2009
    Maria is the best photographer I have ever worked with and is the only photographer I will ever use from here on out! She is an incredibly gifted artist. She uses the most creative settings and really captures the magic of the moment. The best part about her though is her beautiful personality which makes the whole experience so positive and fun! When you hire Maria, you not only get beautiful photographs, but you also get the blessing of getting to work with such an amazing woman!
    Michele Married on 04/18/2009
    Maria is amazing! She captures the very heart of your wedding with the most creative and beautiful shots! The quality of her work is exceptional. I would HIGHLY recommend her for any photography shoot!
    Shawn Married on 01/03/2009
    Butterfield Photography is the best for all events that should be recorded in print...
    L Married on 05/31/2008
    She asked to "tag-along" with my primary photographer, and I was absolutely thrilled with what she did. :)