BMFSoundDesign Reviews

BMFSoundDesign 2
BMFSoundDesign 3

Dana · Married on 04/20/2019

Made our night amazing

He worked with us to find the perfect songs for our event. Even hard to find songs were located! Professional, but very easy going. Knowledgeable and had great suggestions for songs when I had no idea what to choose

Sent on 04/21/2019

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Music is such a huge part of our lives! Thank you for making it perfect! We absolutely had so much fun dancing the night away! In addition, thank you for keeping everything on time and in order!! We couldn’t have asked for better! Thanks Mike!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    BMFSoundDesign 4
    BMFSoundDesign 5
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 08/25/2018

Packed dance floor

The moment the dance floor opened to the moment it closed, it was packed all night. Our guests were definitely the dancing type, but the amount of energy, dancing, emotions, participation, etc. really took us by surprise in the most pleasant way. The flow and energy that Michael helped to create led to such a fun reception that so many of our friends continue to say that it's the most they've danced at a wedding before. Michael also came to our rehearsal the day before with his IPAD and played our ceremony songs while we rehearsed. That really helped us prepare for the day of and we were really touched that he'd take the time to come by for the rehearsal. For our DJ, we wanted someone who was not a "hype man," who could keep a good flow during the reception and who could play to both the young and older crowds. We were very happy with the outcome and would hire BMFSoundDesign again!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Chris · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing music, made the service flow. Went above and beyond. Thank you!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Nelson · Married on 07/21/2018

Michael did an amazing job MC'ing our wedding! He took the time to sit down with my wife and me to understand our music styles and find a perfect blend for the big day. He was very professional on our wedding day and helped keep the evening running on time. We highly recommend Michael for anyone looking for a DJ that won't disappoint!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • FutureMrsR

Amy · Married on 03/17/2018

Mike was fantastic. Responsive, on time, and he kept awesome music playing throughout the entire wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Corina · Married on 01/27/2018

Mike was wonderful!!! Any questions that I had were answered within 24 hours. He was accomodating and very thoughtful, all of my guests had a great time out on the dance floor! The uplighting he provided was beautiful and the “P’ on the dance floor tied everything together. If I ever have another event that needs a dj, he will be the person I contact.

Sent on 01/30/2018

Joshua · Married on 10/21/2017

Our DJ Mike Faulkner could not have done a better job. It was perfect. The lights and music were absolutely amazing. Thanks again Mike!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Morgan · Married on 09/30/2017

Mike was so amazing to work with! His event planning website was easy to navigate, and made me feel at ease the months leading up to our wedding & anytime I had a question he was quick to respond. He brought all of his own equipment to take care of both our ceremony and reception. His custom "M" on the roof of our tent was the icing on the cake! The music he played was great and kept the party going for hours. I would 10/10 recommend him for anyone's event!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    BMFSoundDesign 6

Kaitlin · Married on 07/21/2017

Mike is AWESOME! the transitions between events and moments of our wedding ceremony and reception were seamless thanks to Mike's sensitivity!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2017

We loved using BMFSoundDesign!!! He made everything run smoothly from start to finish at the reception. He was quick to respond to emails and more than willing to meet with us if we needed. He was super friendly and came very early to set up to make sure everything was set up correctly. We had numerous people (young people to elderly people) dancing out on the dance floor. If you need a DJ, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this one!!! Thank you again BMFSoundDesign!!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I had a fantastic experience with Michael as our wedding DJ. From the very beginning Michael offered his help and expertise in setting up our reception timeline and answering our questions. Michael coordinated a time for us to come see him in action prior to us paying a deposit. Michael has a very professional set-up that would work in any environment. His website is helpful in setting up not only a playlist, but also a timeline and introduction sheet. Without a specific playlist in mind, Michael walked us through the songs he would play and sought our input in the number of slow songs we wanted to be played. We were able to meet with Michael leading up to the wedding to discuss our ideas and the flow of the wedding. On our wedding day, Michael provided up-lighting, monogram lighting and dance floor lights. Michael was set up at the reception location several hours before we arrived and was able to provide us with pictures of his set-up and lighting. Michael was very professional in playing the role of emcee during our reception; his intros and announcements were spot-on. My husband and I had a pretty detailed timeline for our reception, and Michael was awesome in helping us stick to our timeline while staying in the background. Michael would discreetly let us know when it was time for our first dance, cake cutting, etc. When we fell behind our schedule, Michael consulted with us to alter our timeline and he was great operating on the fly. Michael was just what we hoped for in a wedding DJ; he was professional from day 1, provided great DJ services and always kept the attention on the bride and groom. We have and will continue to recommend Michael to others searching for the perfect wedding DJ.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Hillary · Married on 11/12/2016

We chose Mike as our wedding DJ. He was great to work with and kept the dance floor packed! He has a website that helps track your music and you can easily add your song selections. Mike took the time to meet with us prior to the wedding to review what we were looking for and our expectations. I would highly recommend Mike as a DJ for your next event!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Mike was hands down the best DJ we could've ever dreamt of having. His professionalism, humor, movement, spunk & awesomeness was EXACTLY what we needed to keep our guests happy & on the dance floor all night long. He had a beautiful monogram on our dance floor, up-lighting that matched our decor & an awesome mic/sound machine/speakers. If he didn't have the music, he got it. As a last minute idea, I had him create a mix (the week of our wedding!) to pretend the sound was messed up. Lots of electric noises & scratchy noises & we (secretly) made guests think there was a mistake, but instead of a mistake, my dads (step & birth) broke into a wild dance party. It was the best night of my life. Thank you, Mike for being exactly what we needed & not breaking our bank account! We love your love of music & your business! - Ashley & Stephen

Sent on 10/30/2016

BMFSoundDesign's reply:

Thank you for letting me be part of the party! Couples like this are what keeps DJ's going, so much fun.

Heather · Married on 10/01/2016

Michael was very professional and very nice to work with, he ensured our wedding day flowed very smoothly. I highly recommend his services as he went above and beyond expectations!

Sent on 10/03/2016

KATIE · Married on 09/12/2016

We had Michael as our DJ for our event at Buffalo Trace a few weeks ago and we were SO DELIGHTED with his services! We live in Chicago, and were unfamiliar with the wedding vendor scene in Kentucky. Our wedding coordinator recommended Michael to us and we met with him and right away loved his honesty, warmth, and humor. He's in a band, and has a broad range of music knowledge, and we loved his suggestions and ideas. We were a teeny bit afraid that having a wedding in Kentucky would mean our DJ would default to playing a lot of country music (we don't know or love country!) but Michael played music we loved, music our parents and their friends loved, and he surprised us with songs we didn't think to add to our playlist. Our guests commented that he had some awesome bluegrass covers of pop songs that he played while we were getting pictures taken- which, when we thought about it, is really a great and smart blend of our Chicago lives and our celebration in the south. :) And something I personally appreciated, was that Mike told us he loved our choices for ceremony songs, and he loved that they weren't your typical ceremony choices. We put a good amount of thought into the ceremony music, so we were pretty pumped that he felt we did a good job, and that we made some unique selections. Made us feel cool, even though I'm pretty sure we aren't. ;) We recommend him all the way! Thank you Mike!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kayla · Married on 09/10/2016

Mike was great from the start and very accommodating to our needs for our wedding! He was able to meet up with us twice before the wedding to go over a few things which was very generous. Mike made our wedding flow smoothly through each event and everyone had a smile on their face. We couldn't have picked a better DJ for our wedding and recommend Mike to anyone looking for an amazing DJ.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Crystal · Married on 08/27/2016

Mike was absolutely amazing! I was recommended to use him by a co-worker and he definitely did not disappoint. He was very easy going and easy to work with. He was always very efficient to answering my questions along the way and he met with me multiple times before the wedding to discuss things in person. He voluntarily came to our rehearsal to make sure things ran smoothly on our wedding day. Mike was able to keep the party going and played nothing but the best dance songs! A huge thank you to him for helping making our special day nothing less than perfect :)

Sent on 09/11/2016

Jenna · Married on 06/04/2016

Michael was amazing. Once we booked with him, it was a very easy process for everything else. You pay through his website, and its really easy and straightforward. The website also gives you a planner, which makes it really helpful to make your timeline and schedule for the ceremony and reception. We met in person about a week before the wedding to go through everything, and he was very helpful suggesting music for each event, like the prelude and recessional. Michael showed up very early, as we were having a rehearsal brunch, and he wanted to be there to do a run-through with us. He was excellent at communicating when different dances and events were about to happen, so we stayed on schedule really well. The music he played was well received by everyone and kept people on the dance floor. He was awesome, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/08/2016

STACI · Married on 05/21/2016

Mike was fantastic to work with and came recommended by another DJ I had had contacted who wasn't availiable on my day. Mike had us feeling so at ease from the very first meeting. He was there all day for the ceremony and the whole reception and he was even at rehearsal to make sure he had the timing right. He had or got every single song we wanted and never made us feel weird about wanting non traditional music. He has these amazing online forms to put everyone's names and titles for the ceremony and forms for every single song you would like. 10/10 would use him again!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Mike was very professional and a pleasure to work with. He came to rehearsal to make sure the music was timed right, he was set up and ready to go to work before the wedding started, he kept the guests entertained, and made all the announcements at the right time.

Sent on 05/31/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/10/2015

Absolutely amazing DJ and person. I can't say enough about how wonderful Mike was. Very organized, professional, fun loving, down to earth DJ. He was so easy to work with. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it. He was there early and one of the last to leave. I'm extremely thankful to have found him to be our DJ. My wedding was the best day ever and he was a huge part in making that happen.

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/19/2015

Mike was awesome. He made everyone get out on the dance floor and the uplighting looked great!

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Katie Xu

Katie Xu · Married on 08/08/2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience working with Mike! From the very beginning (and I booked him WAY in advance) he was friendly, professional, and most importantly AVAILABLE anytime I had any questions or concerns. He was very receptive and open to all of my ideas but also was great about supplying suggestions if I ever needed them or couldn't figure something out. He uses an online event manager that both you and he have access to, so you can input all of your song requests and scheduling requests yourself and he will get all the information in realtime. He also is open to you making changes, etc. right up to the day of the wedding, so there's no pressure at all even if you start way early like I did.

As we got closer to the date of the wedding, he drove over an hour to meet us at the venue to talk schedule and logistics as well as to go over what we already had in terms of song choices and what we were still missing. He also made the drive again just a few weeks later to attend our rehearsal the day before the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, he showed up several hours early to set up and to go over with me one more time my schedule for the evening and any last-minute changes. I was thrilled with his performance in terms of the songs I chose and the ones he chose for the rest of the reception, and his personality was great; he really engaged with the audience and got the dance floor packed for most of the night. Also, even though my venue package included a sound tech to play my ceremony music, Mike was happy to contribute his services for playing my ceremony music, to save me the trouble of finding music and making my own CD for the sound tech to play.

I cannot thank him enough for a great night, and I HIGHLY recommend Mike's services for all your wedding music needs!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Cannot say enough good things about Mike! He is so organized, professional, and has a great personality. Great price, great music, great EVERYTHING!!

Sent on 05/11/2015