Louisville, KY 40207 Map · Phone number

About Night Owl DJ's

My name is Edward Purcell and I am the Owner/Operator of Night Owl DJs and appreciate you taking time to view my listing on Wedding Wire.

I have built Night Owl DJs on reputation and diligently work to take care of your wants and needs for your celebration.

Need help planning the details? I enjoy stepping outside of the traditional roll of a DJ and happy to help with thoughts, ideas, setup and timeline building for your day.

I have built a large music catalog for Night Owl DJs with music from the 1920's to top hits from today. Need help thinking of those special songs for the 1st Dance, Father/Daughter-Mother/Son? Give me a call.

**Onsite Ceremony? I have equipment and microphones for that!

**Up-lighting, Monogram Projection, Accent Lighting? I have equipment for that too!

Here is a brief breakdown of what I will provide:

• Unlimited meetings and consultations to help plan and coordinate all of the activities for the celebration.
  • Help build a timeline and order of events.
  • Work with you on a custom music play list.
  • Dress professionally - typically in black suit and tie unless otherwise requested.
  • Provide professional Sound, Lighting and Video equipment with backups onsite.
  • Provide wireless microphones for toasts, speeches and special announcements.

**Rehearsal Dinner: Need a small P.A. for speeches or screen/projector for video slideshow? I have got you covered.

I appreciate you stopping by and look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Edward

Reception - Whitehall Louisville
Reception - Whitehall Louisville
Custom Monogram Projection - The Pointe
Custom Monogram Projection - The Pointe
I never like getting my picture taken, but this photographer 'caught' me during this reception :)
Up-Lighting, DJ/Booth with basic dance floor lighting - Mellwood A&E - Dec 2013 - Pic 2/Left Side
Up-Lighting - Partial room shot - Mellwood A&E
December 2013
Up-Lighting - Partial room shot - Mellwood A&E December 2013
Up-Lighting, DJ/Booth with basic dance floor lighting - Mellwood A&E - Dec 2013
Up-Lighting, DJ/Booth with basic dance floor lighting - Mellwood A&E - Dec 2013
Up-Lighting (Night Owl DJ's)
Centerpiece design - Stephanie MacDonald - Planned Perfection Events...
Up-Lighting (Night Owl DJ's) Centerpiece design - Stephanie MacDonald - Planned Perfection Events...
Uplighting planes at Bowman Field
Uplighting planes at Bowman Field
The Gillespie - 4th Floor - Love this space!!!
The Gillespie - 4th Floor - Love this space!!!
The Pointe - St. Patrick's Day 2018
'Warm White' lighting at Shall We Dance
nightowldjs sample pics 103
nightowldjs sample pics 101
10 lights...
Amber Up Lighting/Accent Lighting - Garden Court - September 2013 - Picture from phone 10 lights...
Mixed lighting color - Mellwood Room #1
Mixed lighting color - Mellwood Room #1
Dancing fun at The Speed Museum 2017
Dancing fun at The Speed Museum 2017
Up Lighting, DJ Booth w/Basic Dance Lighting
-The Olmsted October 2011
Deep Blue with hints of...
Up Lighting, DJ Booth w/Basic Dance Lighting -The Olmsted October 2011 Deep Blue with hints of...
38bdb01781ae830e VZM IMG 20180312 175419

25 Reviews for Night Owl DJ's

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/06/2018

Way more than a DJ!

Ed was a great DJ and way more than that! We were planning our wedding from a distance and Ed was so easy to work with and great at communicating with us by phone and email. We think Ed went way above and beyond what is expected from a DJ as he worked closely with our day of coordinator to keep things moving throughout the afternoon and evening. He helped make sure the whole day, not just the music, ran smoothly. We really did not have the best idea of what kind of music we wanted for the general dancing part of the reception and really left things up to Ed. He played a great selection of music keeping people out on the dance floor having fun! I would highly recommend Ed to anyone I know.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

AMAZING! Ed was everything we were looking for in a DJ. He listened to what we wanted and gave us just that! He kept the dance floor really engaged and kept our timeline on track. He was conscientious in making sure everything went right, from pronunciation of names to requested songs! We highly recommend him to anyone needing a DJ. Absolutely fantastic.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Perry · Married on 06/11/2017

We were originally on the fence about whether we needed a DJ for our wedding. With it being a daytime brunch reception, we didn’t think people would be all that interested in dancing. We’ve been at weddings where the DJ is loud and obnoxious, which we really wanted to avoid. But, we also weren’t sure about putting together our own playlist and didn’t want to ask one of our family members to be in charge of the music. So, we got a few referrals for DJs and decided to see where that led us.

We called Ed first, since he was recommended by our day-of coordinators, and we immediately knew that he would be a great choice. He sounded so perfect that we didn’t even pursue the other DJs! Ed is very professional and experienced, he has all the equipment you could possibly need, and his pricing is fair and reasonable. He listened to all of our ideas and concerns, and did an amazing job. He managed to play music that reflected our taste – soulful oldies, R&B, folk, blues – and when people DID want to dance (much to our surprise!) he kept the party going. Several guests came up to me and complimented us on the music. We couldn’t imagine a better DJ!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Night Owl DJ's FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 300.00
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Louisville, 40207 See on map