704 Central Avenue, Louisville, KY 40208 Map · Phone number

About Kentucky Derby Museum

If you want your next event to be exceptional, host it at the Kentucky Derby Museum. Located at historic Churchill Downs, the Museum provides a truly unique setting for entertaining business associates, celebrating weddings or throwing a fabulous theme party.

With our flexible rental plan, your group can virtually “own” the Museum for a night, or simply convene by day and take full advantage of the exhilarating exhibits and tours.

Featuring more than 10,000 square feet of versatile function space, our exciting venue can be customized to your individual taste and style. From the classic elegance of our Great Hall to the scenic Kentucky Oaks Terrace, our rooms and outdoor options exude the thrills of a day at the races.

Follow Kentucky Derby Museum on

3 Reviews for Kentucky Derby Museum

1 User photo

Kentucky Derby Museum 1

Dana · Married on 10/21/2017

Ever since I moved to Louisville, I knew that if I ever got married, this is where I wanted to have the wedding. Lucky for me my dream came true! Our wedding went off better than I ever could have imagined. The staff at the Derby Museum was very patient and accommodating with all our requests. They helped arrange everything that evening so that things went extremely smoothly. I never had to worry about a thing. The outdoor area made for a great ceremony and gorgeous photos. The indoor area for the cocktail hour and reception was absolutely the best. Our out of town guests loved being able to see the museum during cocktail hour, and we are still receiving compliments about how wonderful the venue was. If you are looking for a Louisville original for your wedding, with staff that is the best, look no further than the Derby Museum!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

The venue and day was more perfect than I could imagine. The staff at the museum were wonderful and made us and our guests feel special.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Kentucky Derby Museum 2

What a great venue for a wedding reception! My out-of-town guests loved having full access to the KY Derby Museum during the reception. The kids were entertained with museum activities too. I definitely recommend using the 360 video screen to show the history of the KY Derby movie as guests are being seated...and to display a slide show of pictures of the bride and groom on the same screen during dinner. Andrea and Kim were very responsive and patient in answering all of my questions. But, hands down, the best part of the night was when Steve (the track bugler) played "The Call to the Post" prior to announcing our arrival and introducing us as husband and wife.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Kentucky Derby Museum FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 1000