Avon Wedding and Event Barn Reviews

Avon Wedding and Event Barn 5
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Getting married on 04/18/2020

Excellent 10/10

Very nice, quality venue, best price in town.

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Mary

Mary Williams · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful Venue

The Avon Wedding & Event Barn is located in such a beautiful setting! We hosted an event there this past week & everything had such eye appeal, both inside & outside of the barn. The lighting, the décor, the landscape ~ a wonderful location for all events! Marsha's Specialty Desserts provided light hors d'oeuvres as well as desserts. Amazing! All of our guests commented on venue & food. Thank you, Jim & Darinda!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Jessica · Married on 12/17/2017

I had my heart set in a barn wedding and Darinda and the Avon Wedding Barn made that dream come true. We planned everything in 6 months and from another state and from the beginning, Darinda was very responsive and accommodating. She worked with our schedules to make sure we had all of our planning sessions ahead of time. She was very helpful with all of her vendor suggestions and the vendors we used were all amazing. She also provides decor that you can use as part of the rental package and we did take advantage of some things, but she also let me bring in all of the decor I wanted to make my winter wonderland wedding a reality. My guests have been talking about our wedding for weeks and all the comments are positive. They keep saying how warm and inviting the barn is and how beautiful the entire day turned out to be. Our coordinator, Jamison, was on site the whole time and she was a lifesaver when needed. We also really love that a portion of our payment is going to help in missions. If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your wedding, you should book the barn!

Avon Wedding and Event Barn 6
    Avon Wedding and Event Barn 11
    Avon Wedding and Event Barn 12
    Sent on 01/03/2018

Hannah · Married on 12/16/2017

It was a beautiful day, I couldn’t imagine it any other way!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2017

Darinda at the Avon wedding Barn was wonderful. The property was beautiful. The weather took a turn and we had to move things inside and it all went very smoothly! They made our day very special <3

Avon Wedding and Event Barn 13
    Sent on 12/26/2017

Ellen · Married on 10/14/2017

Everything went so awesome ! The wedding planning and the coordination went great and smooth.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Madison · Married on 06/17/2017

Me and my husband got married here on the 17th of June and everything was absolutely amazing!! The decor was abosolutley beautiful. I can say that it was the best day of my life! Jim and darinda are great people and honestly care about your wedding day. Darinda was there every now and then checking In but she was great at sneaking in and out! Her assistant was the sweetest and kept checking in with me to make sure everything was ok! The vendors were amazing too that she had on her list! Will be recommending to all my upcoming bride friends ?

Sent on 06/19/2017

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Thank you Madison and Tim! You and your family were wonderful to deal with all along the way! We pray Gods richest blessings on your sweet marriage and lives!
    Thank you for taking the time to thank us! That blesses and encourages us!

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2017

Having my wedding here was fantastic!!!!! Darinda was incredibly accommodating throughout our whole engagement and she even stuck around on the day of and made sure everything was going well and making sure the timing was down to a science. As a bride who's never done this before, having this kind of professional service made our day that much more relaxing. Be aware, the vendor does have a list of other approved venders that they prefer you use, but the list is incredibly extensive so choosing isn't hard at all. Our wedding day was the most magical day of my life and I owe a lot of that to Avon Wedding Barn and to Darinda Dragon.

Rachel Morgan

Sent on 07/01/2017

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Rachel, THANK you!! I love it when we make a bride so happy!! It was SUCH a SPECIAL day! You,Wes and your mom were SO sweet to work with all through the process! Thank you for taking the time and effort to be appreciative - that is a wonderful Christian character! I pray God's richest blessings on you and your sweet hubs!!

Katie · Married on 11/11/2016

I had my sororities formal here and all I can say is WOW. They welcomed us with open arms. This wasn't only our first fall formal here, it was our second one. We've had nothing but amazing encounters with Darinda and her entire family/staff. By being in greek life we clearly were on a strict budget and the cost was unbelievably REASONABLE. I couldn't have asked for a better woman to work with and would recommend this venue to everyone!!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Katie, thank you for the wonderful review!! I really do enjoy having sororities here for their events! You were all so polite and nice/fun to interact with. Thank you for choosing us 2 years in a row and hope you can come every year!! Blessings!!

Renaye · Married on 11/05/2016

Our daughter's wedding reception was at Avon Wedding Barn. The venue was beautiful, the staff, accommodating and friendly. We came in that morning to set up, left and went to the church for the wedding. When we arrived for reception, everything was ready to go as there were some things needing to be done in our absence and all was perfect. I received many, many compliments!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

You are such a kind soul! I loved dealing with you! You were always positive, kind and easy to work with on the plans! Your daughter was stunning and your guests were top notch! Loved having you here! Thanks for choosing us!

Lindsey · Married on 10/08/2016

We had our perfect day on October 21, 2017. We had the Avon Wedding Barn booked for about 2 years so the planning process was long and changed sometimes. However, throughout it all Darinda and Tammy were accommodating and helpful with their suggestions and willingness to help. Our day ran smoothly and we felt like our guests really enjoyed themselves. We got to enjoy ourselves and our guests knowing that everything was taken care of, which was great! We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsey for taking the time to show us Gratitude!
    You were a beautiful bride and it was a storybook perfect wedding! That makes me so happy!!! I pray God richly blesses you both!! Thank you, Darinda

Christina · Married on 07/25/2016

What a beautiful, fantastic venue. Jim and Darinda were responsive and caring ensuring our daughter's wedding was flawless.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Thank you for being appreciative! You were so very nice to work with! Love people like you!!

Alicia · Married on 07/03/2016

I was so pleased to have chosen the Avon Wedding Barn. My husband and I were so surprised with how magical they made the entire day. All of our guests had such wonderful things to say and raved about the beautiful decor. The planning process was so simple with the help of Tami. She really made the day stress-free and helped me get all my ideas into action. Could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for mentioning us! You were such a blessing to work with all along the way! Tammy loved helping you with the day of coordinating!!

Taryn · Married on 07/02/2016

If you are looking for a country chic wedding, this is your place! You hardly have to do any decorating because the barn is already beautiful! The land around the barn allowed for younger kids to run and play which allows all of your guests to have fun! Ultimately the perfect venue.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Karen · Married on 06/18/2016

I attended a wedding here for my niece, It was a lovely venue! The outside wedding was beautiful and the barn was lovely. It was very hot outside but inside the barn, we didn't notice the heat at all. The staff was professional and kind.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/16/2016

Well worth the money spent!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Alex · Married on 10/09/2015

My husband and I are SO thankful that we booked our ceremony and reception with Avon Wedding Barn! Our wedding was on a Friday so we were able to set up most of our decor and have our rehearsal on the night before our wedding. It was perfect! On our first visit to the barn we were walked all over the property and shown all of the unique places to have our ceremony. We chose a spot underneath a big beautiful tree and Darinda, the owner, hung adorable bird cages/lanterns in the tree for us. She also helped us decorate inside of the barn with her own ideas and decorations, which gave the barn the perfect touch I was hoping for. Darinda is spectacular and willing to help with anything and everything. She made me feel very special on our big day. Everything about the barn, our ceremony, reception, photographer (Firm Grip Photography) and DJ (Kurt Streblow) was everything I have ever dreamt of! I HIGHLY recommend this property and everyone who works with Avon Wedding Barn.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

When I think of dealing with you and Nick through the wedding planning process and the beautiful Christ centered wedding that you had - it makes me smile and feel such JOY! This is why I do what I do!! Thanks for being the "ideal"!!

Cori · Married on 08/30/2015

Absolutely beautiful venue. I could not have chosen a better place for our wedding. Everyone was wowed. (:

Sent on 10/01/2015

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Thank you Cori! We work very hard to make it a "perfect place for your perfect day!!" SO glad you were happy with it all! God Bless you sweet lady!!

Ryan and Christina · Married on 07/04/2015

Great venue!!! Great place for the ceremony too. Beautiful!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Thank you for being such a delightful couple! God will use your beautiful lives in GREAT ways, I know it!!:) You were wonderful to work with! Your the best!!

Kiersten · Married on 05/16/2015

My husband and I chose the Avon Wedding Barn after looking at multiple barns around Indianapolis. We loved that the Barn was surrounded by green space and had plenty of space inside for people to mingle, eat, dance, and have a good time. Darinda and Bethany were extremely helpful throughout -- we booked our venue in March of 2014 and celebrated our wedding in May of 2015. Between that time, they added of a big porch, air conditioning, and central heat. We were allowed to use anything they already had at the Barn, and they helped us set up the tables and chairs. I called and e-mailed fairly often with questions, and I always received a prompt answer. Darinda was also very flexible in allowing the bridal party to get ready at the Barn, even though our ceremony was at a church in Brownsburg, and then return for the evening festivities. The Barn is stunning, inside and out, and was the perfect laid-back atmosphere for our wedding reception. We didn't have to add many decorations, just flowers and a few personal items to make it our own, because the chandeliers, fairy lights, and natural beauty of the Barn were gorgeous to begin with. One of the other major deciding factors for us was that the Barn has two working restrooms with indoor plumbing. This may not seem like a big deal, but I think our guests appreciated being able to use a clean restroom inside the venue, and with 120 guests having two restrooms was a definite plus. Only two negative -- Biggest drawback was that the music had to be off by 10:30pm (because of a city ordinance), but I haven't heard any complaints from guests about the timing. Secondly, the room designated for the groom and groomsmen to get ready is a little cramped, because it is also where they store the extra tables and chairs when they are not in use. It would have been nice to have a little more space for the guys, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for us. They just ended up hanging out in the main room while the girls got ready in our own room.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

You and all your family were delightful to deal with!!! We loved having your wedding here! I am so happy that it was "the Perfect Place for your Perfect day!!"
    Since your wedding we did clean out the little barn and put all the chairs in it so the grooms room is maximized! It was one of those things we had wanted to get done but had been working on the BIG projects. Now we are down to the picky little details, yeah!! Thank you SO much for your words of encouragement Kristen - you are wonderful! God Bless your marriage! Darinda

Natalie · Married on 04/25/2015

My fiancé and I booked the wedding barn at the beginning of 2014. We fell in love with it as soon as we visited. The owners were very welcoming and their passion was contagious. There are several beautiful locations on site to hold the ceremony. We chose to get married on the bridge however, it was very cold and rainy on the day of our wedding. It was seamless to change plans and hold the ceremony inside of the barn. The barn was very comfortable for our guests. The chandeliers, tables and large wooden doors were beautiful. I did not consider holding the wedding inside of the barn as a 'plan b'. All of the recommended vendors were fantastic and very attentive to us and our guests. Overall, we had a fantastic, low stress, beautiful ceremony and reception that we will always remember. We would recommend the barn to everyone.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

Natalie and Charlie, you are such a SWEET couple! So happy you allowed us to host your wedding - it was absolutely a delight to do so! Thank you for the review.
    Glad the weather did not dampen your day! By the way..your comment about the Approved Vendors..that is why we have selected who we have, because they are great "Team Players", good at what they do, on-time, excellent everytime or they come off the list. Brides can trust our vendors to do their best and we have much less problems occur with chosen vendors!!

Natalie · Married on 04/25/2015

We had a great experience working with the Dragon family. We had originally planned to have our ceremony outdoors, but the weather had other plans. At the last minute, we were able to move our ceremony inside. It was beautiful and I would not have wanted it any other way. Even though it was cold outside, the barn was warm and comfortable for our guests. We had plenty of room for dinner and dancing. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding photos that feature the barn. We would recommend this venue and it's staff to anyone.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Laura · Married on 03/29/2015

Darinda and Jim Dragon are truly a blessing to work with! They are professional, organized, and extremely accomodating. My wedding with them was absolutely amazing! Darinda had all of my requests covered and I did not have to worry about anything.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

You're a very special couple! Loved you from the get-go! Glad your day was a blessing to you!

Kelly · Married on 12/13/2014

Thank you AWB for the perfect place for my perfect day!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Avon Wedding and Event Barn's reply:

They don't come much sweeter then you Kelly! You were a pleasure to work with!
    I know you waited all your life for John and it was a joy to see your love! God Bless Your marriage!

Danielle · Married on 11/09/2014

This was a beautiful place to have my wedding. We were hoping it might be warm enough to be outdoors, but the weather got a little too cool so we had to move it indoors at the last minute. Darinda was very accommodating and helpful. Had wonderful suggestions for our set up and made our day special and beautiful!! Could not have asked for anything better!!

Sent on 01/06/2016