Alisandra Photography Reviews

26 | Glen Allen, VA

26 Reviews for Alisandra Photography

Holly · Getting married on 06/08/2019

I spent a lot of time looking through photographers around VA and couldn't find many that fit our style. We are having a destination wedding so it was a little bit of a challenge to find someone with our style who would only book engagement photos. After another photographer suggested Alisandra Photography and we saw her work, we knew she was perfect for us! She met us for a sunrise shoot in Richmond VA and was so friendly we felt instantly comfortable. Ali was relaxed but professional, and knew how to make us laugh to get great candid photos. My fiance hates doing pictures but after the session he told me it was the first time he actually enjoyed having pictures taken! Ali's work is stellar! It is so light and airy and also candid; I have never had so many pictures feel natural and unposed. We laughed the whole time and she captured every moment. Her work is so amazing that we are struggling to pick favorites to print out. We HIGHLY recommend Ali and look forward to working with her again in the future.

Mickey · Getting married on 03/01/2019

I knew Ali was a good photographer after looking at her blog and website but those pictures don't do her justice at all. After we had our engagement shoot and I had my bridal portrait session with her I was blown away by the detail and beauty she was able to capture. We were so excited at that point to have her be there on our wedding day. I knew she would not let us down. Then we got our wedding photos and they were... well they are beyond incredible!! She did a fantastic job! We are so thankful that she was able to be a part of our day and capture all of our special moments. Not just because she did an amazing job photographing our day but throughout the year Ali went from being our wedding photographer to our friend. She was a joy to work with and so easy going. Her love for her work, the lord and her clients is truly evident once you start working with her. She even got in the water on our wedding day to capture photos. The groom and I turned around and he said, "Babe, she is in the water." That is what I call dedication to your work. She was more than easy to work with and really helped make our wedding day perfect! She did a fantastic job! I will recommend her to everyone I know that is getting married. If you pick Ali as your photographer you will not be disappointed. She was worth every penny! :)

Margot · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired Ali after our original photographer found out that she was pregnant and due near our wedding date. While I was initially nervous about having someone I'd never met before photograph our wedding day, it turned out I had nothing to worry about!! Ali stepped in and did a truly fabulous job! She instantly made us feel comfortable, kept us laughing, and was flexible and easy-going through the day and in the days and months leading up to the wedding. Less than two weeks after our wedding, Ali sent us our photos and they are stellar--in fact, there are so many good photos its hard to narrow down which ones to print. Ali did a great job of capturing the portraits we wanted as well as capturing dozens of candid photos that really captured all the fun we had at our wedding. I highly recommend Alisandra Photography, you won't regret it!

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

Ali was such a great photographer to work with, and brought such a positive vibe to the day. I had always been nervous about taking good weddin pictures, but Ali made us feel very comfortable during the whole day. This was especially impressive since we couldn't take advantage of an engagement shoot given we moved across country during our planning.

She was very response and VERY organized, which made me feel at ease. She truly makes you feel like she is equally excited as you are for your big day.

Katherine · Married on 04/16/2016

From the moment we Skyped with Ali about our wedding photography, we immediately knew she was a perfect fit. I had known Ali previously, and knew that I would immediately feel comfortable around her. She did our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, and wedding, and everything turned out perfectly! She did a great job of making my now husband and I feel comfortable posing for photos. Once we booked her, she also sent a guidebook, which helped answer a lot of questions I had along the way about wedding photography. She made the process so easy. I asked for a few particular wedding shots, but mostly just let her do her thing, and it resulted in some fantastic photos! Everyone thought she did an amazing job. A really nice touch that our guests appreciated was that she put a few sneak peek photos on her iPad and set it up during the reception. It was so exciting to see photos that soon, especially since they were gorgeous! I feel so beautiful when I looks at our wedding photos, and can't thank Ali enough for being there to capture our day.

Jill · Married on 10/17/2015

Ali was absolutely fantastic. We clicked from the moment we met. We had the pleasure of working with her for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. Both sets of photos were taken on the Eastern Shore, a place that is near and dear to our heart. it was very important to us that she not only capture the essence of us as a couple and a family, but also the place as it means so much to us. The photos were breathtaking. We are a blended family with four children and Ali even made the photo sessions fun for the kids -- not an easy feat when you are posing all day! Ali has a casual, non-intrusive way about her. We didn't even really notice her at the ceremony or reception, but she was able to capture every moment. An added nice touch: during a band break, she went back and uploaded a few pictures onto an iPad for guests to look at throughout the night. This was so wonderful for all of us! I would recommend Ali to anyone who needed a photographer and hope that we are able to work with her again the next time we need family photos!

Lauri · Married on 06/20/2015

Alisandra Photography captured the essence of our daughter and new son-in-law as an engaged couple and as a bride and groom that only an experienced and talented photographer can do. The photographs are stunning due to the wonderful variety of the content as well as how the photographs were taken. What truly struck us in reviewing the photographs is how the heart and soul of our daughter and son-in-law were captured in ways that were very special and meaningful. Ali is a gifted photographer who is not only talented but extremely easy to work with and very personable. She was an absolute joy to be with and made the day so much fun and very, very special. We will be forever grateful to Ali and her gifts.

My bridal party and family are still commenting on how wonderful Ali was at our wedding. The quality of her photography was incredible. She captured so many beautiful candid moments as well as all of the posed photos we requested. And she was always on hand when my mother or my husband's mother requested that she take a photo of this relative or that relative, etc. She delivered about 1,000 gorgeous photos of the wedding day and gave us the rights to print them/share them as we please. In addition, she did a complimentary engagement photo shoot.

But beyond simply the quality of her "product," so to speak, it is Ali's personality and professionalism that made her my favorite wedding vendor. She was calm, professional, and friendly. She responded to my emails quickly and helpfully. If I was freaking out about the timeline, she was there with calm suggestions to get it worked out based on her experience. As far as actually posing for photos with her, her friendliness put us at ease. Her motto is "real, relaxed, romantic" and she never had us do anything that felt forced. If she wanted us to change positions, she gave clear, simple instructions that were easy for us to follow. She even sent a welcome package when we hired her which contained chocolate. Wedding vendor win.

I would highly recommend hiring Alisandra Photography. We found her pricing to be very competitive among photographers of similar experience/style/quality and were able to bring her up to Northern VA from Richmond for cheaper than most of the photographers in the NOVA area.

Katie · Married on 08/02/2014

When picking a photographer, it would have been easy for us to find someone who has a style that we loved and fit within our budget. Something that is harder to determine is how easy the photographer will be to work with - and this can have a HUGE impact on what images you get out of your wedding day. Picking Alisandra Photography to shoot our wedding was easily the best decision we made. Ali is so fun and easy to work with, we found ourselves just enjoying our big day without feeling like there was someone even there taking pictures. The photos from the wedding are absolutely fantastic - they put a smile on our faces every time we look at them.

If you need another reason to pick Alisandra Photography, how about the fact that she includes an engagement session in her photo packages. This is absolutely FANTASTIC because A) you would probably be getting engagement pictures anyway, and B) it gives you a chance to get comfortable being in front of the camera, know what types of things she is looking for, and just see how easy going, fun, and enjoyable working with her is.

I couldn't think of anyone more perfect to do our engagement and wedding photography. She makes you feel SO comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. Her images are stunning- romantic and REAL. They captured our day perfectly from start to finish and we LOVE sharing them with everyone and anyone!

Ali did an amazing job capturing the joy of our wedding day. She was so kind, I loved having her share such a personal time in our lives. She really helped us find our own vision and let us dictate how our day went. She was flexible and our images were awesome. She was able to show the beauty that was our wedding day. We will cherish the images forever.

Kacie · Married on 06/02/2014

Not only is Ali an incredible photographer, but she is a phenomenal asset to you throughout the process of planning. She answered all of my questions promptly and offered professional advice on many different things, including professional references. She makes you feel at-ease in front of the camera and my wedding photos truly make me overjoyed when I look at them. I cannot say enough good things about Ali! If you haven't seen it already, check out her blog and see how beautifully she translates every different couple's style to look elegant, romantic, and chic. She truly produces art that you can cherish for a lifetime!

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2014

Ali is incredibly professional and reliable and flexible. More importantly she captures the best moments so beautifully, it's as if you're reliving that moment again. So talented and we will absolutely use her for future photography! Thank you ali!!

Brittany · Married on 04/05/2014

Ali is the most easy going person to work with. She brings a calming and professional energy that brings exciment but made me feel like I was in great hands! Even her staff brought the same great energy. I used her for both engagement and wedding photos and we couldn't be more pleased with everything she brings creatively. Truly a beautiful person inside and out and it translates right into her skills as a photographer.

Ali was wonderful! She shot out engagement and wedding photos. We chose her because she is a trained photographer and was very easy to work with. She is incredibly nice and has great style. We are thrilled with our pictures, both the candid-style and formal shots. The lighting looked gorgeous; the photos look fresh and natural. So many of our guests commented on what a great job she did; she made everything quick and seamless. We especially loved that an engagement shoot was included in the price of the package, as well as the second photographer option. Turn-around is amazingly fast!

I spent weeks and weeks trying to find the best photographer for our aesthetic and budgetary needs. I am SO grateful that we chose Ali. She is amazingly talented, has a great eye, and was flexible in working with our needs. Her photography is romantic, soft and elegant. The look and style of our photographs and album are timeless. I was so excited to have our album in hand – it is gorgeous. My parents are very happy with their album too. Ali was easy-going on the day of our wedding; she made my husband and me feel at ease in front of the camera. We enjoyed her assistant’s demeanor and work as well. Ali’s fees were reasonable, she responded in a timely manner to our emails, and she was professional. I highly recommend Ali to any bride looking for beautiful photography.

• Ashley & Nicholas

Ashley & Nicholas · Married on 10/27/2012

Ali and her second shooter Simone were absolutely wonderful to work with! I have known Ali since preschool and hadnt seen or spoken to her since high school, but when I got engaged I knew I wanted her to photograph our wedding! She is incredibly talented and has such a wonderful attitude about life and love! We had a crazy group of people with a lot of pictures to take and Ali was so great at getting everyone together and focused!! Our pictures turned out stunning and I cant wait to work with her again in the future!

Diana · Married on 09/08/2012

Ali Williamson provided the ultimate photography experience. She was everywhere at the wedding, even my guests commented that she was snapping photos everywhere they turned! Her creativity is amazing, and she is always willing to go the extra mile to capture the perfect shot. She is the ideal photographer for anyone who wants amazing wedding photos!

Sandra · Married on 06/02/2012

Ali is such a sweet and great photographer! When it came to picking a photographer this was the one spot I was picky in. I had trouble finding photographers within my budget, so I had to search outside my area (DC metro). When I found Alisandra Photography, I was happy. I loved her photography style, I loved the fact that her blog was kept up to date, so you can see her latest clients. When I interviewed her, I knew within 2 seconds in she was our photographer I wanted for our wedding.

On the day of the wedding, she was prompt and started to shoot away. A couple of days before the wedding, she had emailed me asking what shots were important and what I wanted. She delivered everything I wanted and more. I was extremely excited and thrilled with the great pictures she took. She delivered the sneak peek of the our wedding pictures on her blog within days after the wedding and I had all the images on a DVD within the month. AMAZING! The sweet treat I received from her was coming home one day and receiving a package from her -- it was one of our pictures in a frame. She didn't have to do that, but right there again --- she showed us how sweet of a person she truly was!!!!

Brouck · Married on 05/26/2012

Alisandra Photography provided everything we could have hoped for at our wedding and more. She went above and beyond to deliver high quality, wonderful photographs. You will get a great, happy, fun-loving, hard-working photographer who will bend over backwards to make you happy and give you great wedding memories. My wedding was in Washington, DC, and even out of the many photographers in the VA/DC/MD area, I was thrilled when Ali said she would be willing to travel to shoot for our wedding. You will not be disappointed in this one!

JoAnna · Married on 05/19/2012

It is nearly impossible to describe the amazing experience we had with Ali for our wedding in May. She was the very first vendor we booked and we couldn't be more blessed or happy with our decision. From the very beginning Ali was always extremely responsive with email communication, always offering advice and kind words. Even after we changed our venue just months before our wedding Ali was always extremely supportive and sincerely excited about sharing our wedding with us. Ali was amazing the day of the wedding, we didn't have a traditional wedding venue or wedding coordinator so Ali went above and beyond to help make our day run smoothly, even though this is not part of her responsibility. Ali will instantly put you at ease, she is easily relatable and such a kind and energetic soul that she will instantly feel like a close friend which is so important in a wedding vendor. She made the whole process of taking photos fun and special and our end product was beyond superb. We will cherish our images forever and are so thankful to Ali!

• Francesca

Francesca · Married on 09/03/2011

Ali was really the best we could have asked for. After an unfortunate issue with another photographer at the last minute, Ali gracefully agreed to come up to DC and shoot our engagement party.

She was professional, fun, and totally melded in with our guests and got amazing pictures. She was so terrific and calming and the pictures we have to remember that evening are to die for.

Joy · Married on 06/04/2011

Ali was an incredible photographer. Some things that I was really thankful for were the following:
    1. She was really easy to get in touch with and responded quickly to questions.
    2. She had good ideas (which I was lacking), but was also very flexible and wanted to do what we wanted.
    3. She was an incredibly hard worker--she did not take a break or miss a beat until my husband and I begged her to sit down after shooting for at least 5 solid hours in the heat.
    4. The photos were beautiful and came back to us only a week after the wedding. Plus--we could print as we pleased (from snapfish, Walgreens, etc. at normal photo price).
    5. She's beautiful and so much fun while still very professional!

Hannah · Married on 05/21/2011

Ali is a wonderful photographer! She did such a great job capturing our wedding day without being a distraction to the day's events. She was professional, sweet, and fun to work with. My family was talking about how much they loved her for weeks after the wedding. We love our wedding photos and are so happy with how they turned out. Thanks, Ali!

Rachel · Married on 09/18/2010

Ali shot our wedding back when she was still in Washington, DC. (We’re so sad she moved!) Quite simply, Ali did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She was a calm and friendly presence on what is an exciting, yet stressful, day. Ali was unobtrusive, but somehow always right there snapping pictures when no one even realized it! (Or a couple times when I saw a great shot and turned to her to ask her to take it, she was already taking it.) She brought along another great photographer for a second shooter, as well. We also loved that she charged a flat fee, so we didn’t have to stress about whether we were going to have to choose between a huge overtime fee or missing important parts of the day. Ali clearly loves shooting weddings and it shows – we could tell she was having almost as much fun as we were.

And I haven’t even gotten to the pictures yet – they were absolutely gorgeous. My florist even commented that Ali made the (already beautiful) flowers look better than they did in real life! Included in her price, Ali gave us a DVD with 500(!) pictures of the day, which we are free to use for personal use. There are so many amazing photos that we haven’t been able to make our album yet because it is SO hard to decide. We did, however, make books for both our parents for Christmas. They have proudly showed them to everyone they know (I’m not exaggerating!) and have received many, many raves about how beautiful the pictures are.

Ali really has a gift. She has everything you will want in a wedding photographer – great photos, fun personality, super-responsive, and reasonable pricing. If you choose her, you won't be disappointed!