ACMakeup Reviews

21 Reviews for ACMakeup

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 12/28/2013

My mom, sisters, and I loved the makeup that Ashley did for all of us for my wedding. Prior to booking with Ashley, she came to my house to do a trial run that turned out fabulous. She was able to rearrange her schedule so that she could come do the trial on a day that I was attending a friend's wedding later that night. That way, I could see how it would hold up during the festivities. At the end of the night, the makeup looked like it did when she had first applied it. On the day of my wedding, she came to my family's rental house in Coronado to do the makeup for myself, my mom, and my three sisters. She got there early and she had more than enough time to get everyone's makeup done before we started with pictures. She helped make me feel the most beautiful I've ever felt, and I can't thank her enough!!! I would highly recommend Ashley to anyone looking for a makeup artist for their wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2014
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/05/2013

Ashley is fantastic! She did makeup for myself, four bridesmaids, and the two moms. She did an amazing job on the makeup --- everyone looked great, and it stayed on all day (we got ready at 7am and the reception ended at 11pm). She airbrushed and did fake eyelashes on everyone, which is above and beyond what I was expecting. I showed her some pictures at the trial of what I was thinking, and she gave me the exact look I wanted! I felt like a princess and more beautiful than I ever had before! Ashley was easy to work with, and she is a great value!! Plus, in those final hours before the wedding, you want someone who will put you at ease. You won't find a better wedding makeup artist.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Tatyana · Married on 07/20/2013

Ashley was amazing this past weekend!! She did makeup for my 9 bridesmaids, two moms and myself! She got to the hotel early and worked diligently to finish everyone's makeup on time. She is very fun, friendly and personable. We had a great time chatting while she was working. Our makeup looked flawless all day and night. I couldn't have asked for a more talented makeup artist.

Sent on 07/26/2013
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 08/25/2012

I was so happy I went with Ashley to get my makeup done. My trial did not end up exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding, but after making some adjustments I felt beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Ashley. I would recommend sending her a picture of when you have had your make up done in the past that you liked (or even times you didn't like) I had a hard time at the trial explaining what I wanted but after sending her some pics she was able to go above and beyond my expectations on wedding day. I loved the airbrush make up, it stayed on from noon until the wedding finished at midnight. She not only does great work, but also is so sweet and calm and someone you would want to have around on your wedding day.

Sent on 08/31/2012

ACMakeup's reply:

Thank you for hiring me as your makeup artist Jill. You were a great bride and had such a fun group! Xo!

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2012

Ashley did my makeup for my engagement pictures and also my wedding. She traveled to me which was very convenient and also her prices are very reasonable! I absolutely loved my makeup. I plan on using her again in the future.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Thank you Andrea! I'm so glad you loved your makeup! Ashley

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2012

Ashley was wonderful. She came to my home for the consultation months before the wedding, and the makeup only took about half an hour. Same thing with the wedding. All attendants and moms and I only took a couple hours and were way ahead of schedule! And the makeup lasted all night. Couldn't be happier, we all looked great in our pictures. Thank you, Ashley! I will be recommending her to my friends!

Sent on 06/25/2012

ACMakeup's reply:

Thank you Amanda! I appreciate your referals so much and I'm so happy I got to do your makeup! Hope to see you again! Ashley

Silvia&Enrique · Married on 12/03/2011

Ashley is awesome!! All of the girls and my mom loved their makeup, they looked amazing all night. My makeup was also amazing and it stayed on all night. Ashley really listens to what you want and is an artist!! Very professional but fun, highly recommend!

Sent on 12/20/2011

ACMakeup's reply:

Yay! I'm glad you loved your makeup. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Mirasol · Married on 10/29/2011

I'm so glad Ashley did our makeup! She made all of us (me, my Mom, and bridal party) look and feel glamorous! She is really sweet, very professional, and easy to talk with--very important when trying to explain "the look" that you're going for. It's a good idea to go with a trial run so you have more time to explain what you want (although it's not necessary, since she did a great job with my Mom and the bridal party).

She worked well with our hairstylist (Erica from Beauty Ever After), who was also fabulous. We highly recommend Ashley from AC Makeup!

Sent on 12/18/2011

ACMakeup's reply:

Thank you for hiring me as your makeup artist! I'm so glad you loved your makeup!

Minhthy · Married on 05/14/2011

Ashley was so great! She was very professional and prompt in her responses. She is the best value for airbrush foundation in san diego. She was early on my wedding day, super easy to get along with and did a great job. My mom, mother in law, bridesmaids and I all got our makeup done by her. Everyone loved the way they looked, very natural. The makeup is so light, you don't even feel it. I highly recommend her. She made everyone look beautiful on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/19/2011

ACMakeup's reply:

Thank you Minthy! You are a doll and I would love to do your makeup again. Thanks for hiring me and I'm glad you loved your makeup! Ashley

Michele · Married on 05/07/2011

Ashley was amazing! My hair and make up person I originally hired cancelled on me 4 days before my wedding. Ashley totally fit me in last minute so I could do the trial run and she was amazing! I got so many complements on my makeup the day of my wedding! I felt so beautiful and all of my bridesmaids looked amazing! She was so nice and I am so greatful to her for making me feel amazing on my wedding day with such short notice. Im actually glad the last girl cancelled because I cannot imagine looking better than Ashley made me look on my wedding day!

Sent on 05/17/2011

ACMakeup's reply:

Thanks Michele! I'm so glad I got to fill in for the artist who cancelled. I'm glad you were happy with your makeup and it was such a pleasure working with you!!!! xo

Katherine · Married on 10/23/2010

Ashley did an incredible job on makeup for me and my bridesmaids! Not only was she super responsive before the wedding via email and phone, but she made sure everyone looked absolutely beautiful the day of the wedding as well. On top of being a consummate professional (polite, prompt, well-informed), she definitely knows her stuff and really understand show to make brides look their best. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/12/2011

Ali · Married on 09/18/2010

Ashley did a great job for my wedding make up! I've never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day and Ashley contributed to that so much! She also did the makeup for my bridal party and all of my gals were very, very happy with their makeup! Ashley even went out of her way to make sure that the eyeshadow color that my 10 y.o. jr. bridesmaid would be ok with me. Definitely check Ashley out for your make up needs - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/05/2010

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2010

Ashley was amazing! I found her through other bride's reviews and did not have a makeup trial before the wedding. I sent her one picture of makeup I liked and my makeup came out PERFECT. my bridesmaids also looked gorgeous. Our makeup lasted all night long and the fake lashes didn't even come off when I washed my face! She was very reasonably priced and a very sweet person. She answered emails promptly and was flexible with my wedding schedule. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/09/2010

Chris · Married on 08/29/2009

I loved my make-up and so did my bridesmaids. I wanted make-up that was very natural, but great for pictures. Ashley was able to do this and more. She uses airbrush foundation, which is a must. It stays on the whole day. Everything about Ashley was great. She gets 5 stars in all areas - service, responsiveness, professionalism, value and flexibility. She only takes a certain number of clients a year, so you need to book her quickly. She uses MAC products (since she used to work for MAC and she went to the MAC make-up school as well) which are quality products. The price you pay for her is reasonable compared to other make-up artist. I would recommend her to all my friends getting married in San Diego.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Christina · Married on 06/20/2009

Ashley did a fantastic job on my whole bridal party. She came to my home with a cheerful attitude for my trail and for my wedding day. I was so happy with her and her work. She listened to what I wanted and was very attentive. She kept everyone on schedule which is essential with a large bridal party. I just love my wedding makeup. Very me!

Sent on 09/16/2009
  • I

Elizabeth · Married on 11/15/2008

Ashley was fantastic in all aspects of her services for that day as well as my trial. She gave me a look that was just what I was hoping for and my bridesmaids were happy as well. I even received compliments from my guests on my bridesmaids! We all looked natural yet polished which was exactly what we hoped for. Ashley's prices are very competitive, she is professional and fun to work with and was on-time. She came to my house for the trial as well as the wedding day and was excellent in her communication prior to my wedding so I never had any worries. I highly recommend Ashley!

Sent on 09/23/2009
  • mrsshamel

Kimberly · Married on 08/16/2008

Ashley was a dream to work with, from start to finish! Her prices are comparable and she is soooo friendly and professional. She responded to my emails right away prior to the wedding and trial run. She was even really great about changing the date for the trial when I had a conflict in my schedule. She did great work and I was thrilled with my makeup on my wedding day. The day of actually turned out better than the trial. She showed up on time, actually she was early and was done in plenty of time to offer touch ups on me or any of my girls afterwards. She is a total gem and I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2008
  • W

Valerie · Married on 04/26/2008

Ashley did a wonderful job on my makeup! I loved it!

Sent on 08/16/2008

Jacquelyn · Married on 12/02/2007

Who: Ashley Connor from AC Makeup

What: Airbrushed makeup (with fake eyelashes!) for myself, my mom, my best friend/bridesmaid, one aunt and my grandmother

How Much: I think about $70 for me and $40 the others? No matter what we paid, IT WAS WORTH IT! We all felt like a million bucks, and that kind of confidence is priceless!

What I looooove: Ashley is a very easy-going person and she did not even flinch when I jumped up twenty times during my makeup to greet friends, aunts and cousins who came in our suite to see me as I was getting ready. She arrived on time (early, in fact!) and fit in perfectly with the room full of us women. I wish I could have Ashley with me every time I want my makeup done!

The not-so-perfect part: Nothing! I felt fabulous!

Sent on 08/13/2008

Aimee · Married on 10/15/2006

Ashley is great! Everyone's make-up that she did turned out beautifully! I've never felt like a DIVA so much in my life....it was great!! =) She was really fun to work with, and really knows her stuff.

Sent on 08/21/2007
  • Eleasa

Eleasa · Married on 03/10/2012

3.0

3 stars for responsiveness only because it took awhile to get a hold of her via email, but turns out she was in the middle of a move! Otherwise everything else was perfect on the day of. She was on time, worked quickly and efficiently, and did a fantastic job with everyone's makeup. Mine stayed all day, through wedding, reception, and our post-reception at D&Bs (Playing video games and basketball!). We took our photos after the reception, which didn't seem to make a difference at all. Would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 03/24/2012