A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth Reviews

A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 6
A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 7

Jennifer Placek · Getting married on 06/05/2020

A very good decision

This company was super easy to work with. Setting everything up beforehand was a breeze and the vendor was very responsive. Everything was very straightforward. We used A Posh Production for a ceremony backdrop. It was absolutely beautiful and really made our ceremony space look great. I was very happy with it. They also provided a gobo projection for our reception since we did not meet the minimum spend with the backdrop alone. They projected it on to the dancefloor and I thought it looked cute.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Dan

Dan Handel · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Great experience with A Posh Production!

We worked with Dave from A Posh Production to help with lighting and entertainment. Poor Dave had to spend over an hour with us on the phone because we just had no idea where to begin or how to explain what we wanted. Somehow, his team managed to put together everything we had talked about by just blending a few concepts I liked off the internet. It really is an accomplishment their team did this because the descriptions we used were "we like this color, but lighter". We also used their projector and screen to display a slideshow during cocktail hour and we had a photo booth that we used for our guestbook. When in doubt go larger on the photo booth. We had some squished faces, but we chose the smaller option and they definitely have one to accommodate larger groups. Can't think Dave and his team enough!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Ted Steinkamp · Married on 08/30/2019

Greaaat service!

Awesome service. We worked with Dave to schedule and George was the attendant at our Corporate Holiday Party. Would highly recommend to business and individuals!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Julie

Julie Brook · Married on 08/18/2019

Flexible, reasonable prices and easy to work with

I am the mother of the bride. A Posh Production was recommended to us by our Party Planner, Farrah Singh Kauffman of Simple Azure Events.

David Florczak was very easy to contact and very responsive. His prices were much more reasonable than any of his competitors and he was quite flexible.

Originally we ordered twinkle lights and chandeliers to be hung at the venue Gallery 1028. As it was a day wedding, we later decided to scrap the twinkle lights. David was more than happy to change the contract and allow us to cancel the twinkle lights.

The chandeliers were perfect and added a very elegant touch to the venue. Gallery 1028 allowed David to put in extra hooks - everyone worked together perfectly.

We absolutely recommend A Posh Production for your lighting needs.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Lauren O'gara · Married on 07/27/2019

Responsive, flexible, and professional!

In our search for cafe lights for our wedding, we reached out to several companies for pricing information. David at Posh Productions was the most responsive person we interacted with. He responded quickly to all of our emails, and was very patient in explaining different options to us. When I told him that another company was able to give us a more economic package, he agreed to price match. In the end, we were not able to go with Posh Productions because our venue did not have sufficient set-up time for them, but we were very sad to not be able to work with David.

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 12/31/2018

Awesome vibe/packed dance floor

Communication/Booking/Planning- Everything was so easy, Dave (the owner) is very responsive and easy to work with and professional - it was clear they have been doing this a long time.

There is an online platform to enter timelines and song requests.

Reception - Jeff, our DJ, was spot on. We worked with him to customize our NYE countdown, a birthday shoutout and the traditional wedding dances. The dance floor was full all night and most guests commented on how great he was, loving the song selection. A wedding guest wants to book him for her upcoming wedding. The uplighting looked great!

Highly recommend A Posh Production and our DJ, Jeff!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Jordan · Married on 09/08/2018

We hired Posh Productions for our ceremony decor and DJ. Both services were top notch and we could not have been happier. We absolutely LOVED our DJ. Our dance floor was packed the whole night, He played all of the songs we asked for and the songs he choose were just as great! They were very responsive through out the entire process and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Chris · Married on 04/27/2018

We rented uplighting from them at a great price, and the lighting at our reception was beautiful! Thank you for providing amazing lighting at such a great value.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

A Posh Production provided our ceremony draping, aisle runner, bistro lights and dance floor for our wedding and everything was perfect. The quality of the materials looked great and everything was setup and ready to go without issue. Communication with Dave throughout the process was easy. He was very patient, even when I changed our order like 5 different times. I was very happy with their services and highly recommend. Below are some pictures for reference.

Sent on 10/19/2017
    A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 8
    A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 9
    A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 10

Amber · Married on 09/18/2017

My wedding is in September, but I already feel so great working with them. I worked with Taylor, she was so prompt even on weekends. I had many questions about our string lighting which we ultimately are using them for. I did not get great service like that with any other quotes/vendors. I cannot tell you how effortless this was.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/16/2017

Dave was amazing! He was so organized and very receptive leading up to our wedding. The day of, he ran everything perfectly and was very flexible! He is very talented at reading the crowd and playing what suits your event. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2017
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/01/2017

Dave was great to work with and very helpful in both designing a look for our reception and keeping our guests dancing. He was very good at reading the room and playing things that fit the mood, and everyone had a great time. He also helped us add some last minute lighting and drapery that really helped our space come together and was very easy to get in touch with. If you need someone who is adept at knowing what to play when and how to keep the crowd engaged, I definitely recommend A Posh Production.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Kathryn · Married on 08/26/2017

They did an incredible job lighting my reception at the Adler Planetarium. At its baseline, the Planetarium has very simple studio lighting which does not do justice to the fantastic architecture and views. A Posh Production provided pinspotting for the centerpieces, uplighting of the beams in the planetarium, and hanging lanterns. They transformed the venue into a glamorous and warm scene that felt really special. The hanging lanterns were especially cool. I asked them for "warm colors" (I didn't give them a lot to work with). They created a waterfall of lanterns of different sizes in rose, orange, and yellow that perfectly matched my style with the "planetary" theme of the venue. They were also very flexible and easy to work with, even when I asked for some last-minute additions. They were truly one of the vendors that went above and beyond my expectations, and they were an integral part of making my reception so special.

Sent on 10/28/2017
    A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 11
    A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth 12

Allison · Married on 07/08/2017

A Posh Production provided our string lights for our outdoor reception this past weekend in downtown Chicago! The lights looked amazing and they were SO easy to work with. Definitely recommend them for lighting and decor!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Jon · Married on 06/24/2017

We got our DJ, uplighting, and photo booth through Posh. First, we have to say that DJ John was one of the most important parts of our ceremony and reception running perfectly. He communicated with the photographers and the event staff so that we wouldn't have to. He delivered everything that we asked of him, and much more. In addition to being an awesome MC, he was the best wedding DJ we'd ever seen. He kept people on the floor all night. If it looked like a song wasn't going to work, he seamlessly mixed in a new one that drew people out. He is truly a professional DJ. The wife and I talked about needing to have a 1-year-anniversary party, just to have him DJ it.

Kristin ran the photo booth and was also awesome. She was really considerate (our photo booth was set up in the room that the wedding party walked to immediately after the ceremony - she gave us all space then), and all of our guests had a blast at the booth.

There are a lot of DJ services out there, and we spent a lot of time agonizing over which ones to contact. If you're thinking about contacting Posh - do it. When you do, make sure to ask if DJ John is free on your day.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Markie · Married on 11/19/2016

A Posh transformed our wedding ceremony by adding the most beautiful fabric backdrop and lighting which was needed to hide our band. The look and feel of the room was better than I could have ever imagined. We also had A Posh soften the room by adding ceiling draping and string lights; again, their work was phenomenal and we received so many compliments from our guests.
    Our main contact was David and he was a pleasure to work with - incredibly responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend A Posh to anyone who is in need of lighting and decor services!

Sent on 01/27/2017
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/24/2016

We had Dave for our DJ for our wedding on July 4th and he was amazing. We had some detours throughout the night and had to change things around since things weren't done on time from the food being ready, wedding party leaving early (some) and managing around the type of wedding we had. He was very patient and very flexible with us! We felt bad with how much we had to keep changing around things. I would highly recommend Dave to be a DJ for any wedding or event. He was very professional and I knew we were in good hands. Thanks Dave for everything!!!

Sent on 07/06/2012

A Posh Production Lighting, Decor, DJ, and Photo Booth's reply:

Thank you Melissa, Dave had a great time at your wedding. Hope to hear from you soon!

Oliver was the dj at our Company Holiday party and I must say he set the tone for the entire evening. He played the appropriate music for ocktial hour and dinner, then completely turned it up when it was time to dance. We have a variety of musical taste within our company and Oliver was able to play music that everyone enjoyed. Extrenely professional, great personality and very attenttive to the crowd and receptive to requests. Awesome dj!!!!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

My new husband and I are still flying high from our incredible wedding weekend, and it was thanks in huge part to DJ Jeff Overstreet and A Posh Production!! They are so accommodating, professional, and definitely know how to keep the party going! Jeff had everyone on the dance floor from the first song to the last, and the ceremony sound was perfect too. Jeff was able to accommodate our culturally-mixed guests--half American and half Russian--without a problem! I wouldn't hesitate to book Jeff again!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2016

A Posh Production was the best decision we could have made. From the beginning, we knew we made the right choice! They quickly responded to any questions we had and assured us we would be taken care of. Our DJ, Jeff, was incredibly professional and kept our guests dancing all evening! We kept hearing, "this is the best DJ!!!". We couldn't agree more! We also used Posh for our photo booth (a must in our book) as well as lighting, draping and a wood dance floor. It is so important to trust who you are working with and know they have your best interest at hand. We had no worries the day of our wedding. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Posh and their team!!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

My wedding was everything my husband and I imagined and I truly believe Matt and his team at A Posh Production made that possible. We hired A Posh Production for DJ, lighting and photobooth services. The venue looked so dreamy and the dance floor was full from the first song to the last. Matt helped us plan out the night, but was professional and accommodating when last-minute changes came up. He didn’t hesitate when I told him at the last minute that everyone in our six-person wedding party, plus my dad, was going to give a speech. He spaced out the speeches perfectly so no one got bored sitting through too many in one stretch.

He really knows how to keep the party going and his music choices were perfect. From the second we walked into our cocktail hour and even after the wedding, my guests were complimenting the music. From planning to execution, he was amazing to work with. I highly recommend Matt and the crew at A Posh Production.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Maya · Married on 09/17/2016

Working with DJ John from A Posh was great! He was so friendly and professional. The music he played at our wedding was exactly what we wanted. We needed a little bit of everything to be played (classic, rock, hip hop, typical wedding songs, etc.) since there were different cultures and age groups coming together, but we also wanted more emphasis on hip hop and top 40 music to be included since that’s what my husband and I are into. John was able to pull everything together, which was a pretty difficult task to do since he had to include a mix of American, Indian and Polish music. I met John when I signed on with A Posh and we exchanged emails for music ideas and had a couple phone conversations closer to the wedding date. What I appreciated the most was John's ability to play and mix the music we wanted on our wedding day without having to meet so many times beforehand. He was always responsive via email and phone, and everyone at our wedding loved the music. Thanks John for making our wedding day a night of dancing and fun we’ll never forget!

I also worked with Dave from A Posh who coordinated all of our music and draping décor needs. Dave was awesome to say the least and very professional. He was extremely responsive to any and every email or phone call, always answering my questions and providing additional helpful information, and was very reasonable and understanding when it came to what we were looking to do and what we could afford. Thank you Dave for being so easy to work with and for providing high quality services!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2016

If I could give Dave and this company 6 stars, I would. Brides, look no further. My dance floor was packed from start to finish. The photo booth was worth every penny, and Dave and his team far exceeded our expectations. So professional, prompt, and tailored to our individual wants! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/11/2016

DJ · Married on 07/15/2016

We had Oliver from A Posh Production DJ our wedding reception on July 16th, and he was absolutely amazing! We were running behind but he was able to keep us on track and ensure that we fit in everything that we needed to get through and still had plenty of time to let loose on the dance floor. In addition to being organized and staying on top of things, Oliver did an excellent job of incorporating both Indian and American music. It was the first time he had ever done an Indian/American wedding, but you never would have guessed it! The dance floor was packed all night and we received a lot of compliments on the music from our family and friends. We also got a customized gobo and uplight package which was very reasonably priced and really set the tone for our reception. Another huge thank you to Dave for working with myself and my fiancé on putting together the perfect package for us. A Posh Production exceeded our expectations from beginning to end - thank you!

Sent on 07/21/2016