A Dj With Class Reviews

272 | Fort Myers, FL

272 Reviews for A Dj With Class

Madison Mcclure · Getting married on 10/11/2020

So much fun!

A DJ with Class did an incredible job with the music for both our wedding and reception. All the guests raved about the music that was played and everyone had a blast with Mark. He encouraged people to dance and showed everyone the dance moves to certain choreographed songs. I highly recommend A DJ with Class to anyone getting married in the Fort Myers area.

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Jim is the man

If you are looking for hands-down the BEST DJ around, then hire A DJ With Class! Jim worked my wedding this past weekend and went over and beyond all possible expectations. From the songs he played down to how he interacted with my guests was absolute perfection. He is VERY informative, helpful, personable and all-around a great guy.

Sent on 11/27/2019

A Dj With Class's reply:

Thank you Em! It’s was quite the celebration! What an amazing group of party people. So happy to have been part of it!
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 02/01/2020

Wow!! The Gem Dj of Marco Island!!

Jim from a DJ with Class was truly AMAZING!! He worked with us for our wedding and when we say he exceeded our most wildest expectations, we mean it 100%!! Our wedding was 99% spanish (venezuelan and colombian to be specific) and for us the music in our weddings has to be on point. We were a bit nervous at first knowing that Jim did not really speak spanish but after reading all of his outstanding reviews and hearing his level of confidence we decided to book with him, and we are so glad we did. I swear I would’ve thought he was Venezuelan himself, from all of the choices and mixing styles of the music he played for us that night. All of our guests were absolutely delighted and impressed with Jim, including ourselves. Everybody danced the entire night, there was no point on the wedding that the dance floor was empty. Jim kept everyone engaged, helped us with the planning of each little occurrence of the night, he even made sure we got to eat, haha! We also rented out with him our Photo Booth and OMG it was so fantastic, our guests and ourselves loved it! It came equipped with multiple props and I even received a digital link with all of the pictures available for download after the wedding! Jim, we truly cannot thank you enough for being the cherry on top of our wedding day! The gem dj of Marco Island:)!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Madison

Madison hinton · Married on 01/05/2020

January wedding

Jim was so great to work with! He really helped us get so much done with a short engagement of just 6 months. The whole process was much easier with his recommendations for excellent vendors and details to personalize our wedding. Each song we wanted played he made sure it was. He knew exactly how to the read the crowd and was very professional. Everyone had a blast!!!

Sent on 02/03/2020

Andrew Weyl · Married on 01/04/2020

Fun, Professional, Fantastic

Our DJ Mark from A DJ With Class was SO GOOD! Our guest overwhelmingly praised him for making the evening fun for everyone, young and old. He was truly professional and managed to incorporate each of our requests seamlessly throughout the evening with perfect timing. He mastered everyone's names, he kept the night lively, entertaining, and truly enjoyable throughout the entire reception.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Mary

Mary Jean Martin · Married on 01/04/2020

High energy DJ makes event perfect

Jim is a great high energy DJ who accurately reads the guests and gives them what they want. He had our wedding guests up and dancing the whole night. He kept to the timeline he created and ensured that everything ran smooth for us. We had a terrible rain storm that suddenly drove our outdoor wedding indoors. If it weren’t for Jim and his ability to do the impossible the event would have been ordinary. When we had to move indoors Jim was able to make us monograms and set up uplighting and mood lighting all on the spot and by being prepared he was able to make us the clouds for our first dance which wowed our guests and almost made it worth going inside. Jim was truly a miracle worker who single handed it saved the day and managed to keep our wedding special. Even though it was not the wedding we dreamed of Jim’s quick thinking and ability to make things happen fast made the reception so much better then it would have been otherwise and made us many great memories that we did not expect. A DJ with Class is definitely the best DJ I have ever seen it worked with and I recommend everyone consider them before hiring anyone else. You could never be disappointed with Jim as your DJ.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Jesse

Jesse Strohmeyer · Married on 11/11/2019

The Absolute BEST Wedding DJ in Southwest Florida!

From start to finish DJ Jim is hands down the absolute BEST wedding DJ in Southwest Florida! The moment I first spoke with Jim I felt like he was my DJ. Even though I fought my gut and researched out other DJ's I came back to A DJ with Class. Throughout my DJ research I found that Jim was the most honest, respectable and caring DJ of them all. Jim not only opened his business to me as a DJ but he became my sounding board and wedding guru when I had questions or needed any general help with my wedding. Pertaining to the business aspect A DJ with Class has top notch speakers and microphones ensuring that my guests were able to hear my wedding ceremony as if they were all standing up next to me through it all. From the ceremony to the reception Jim kept the flow perfect through introductions, dinner, cake cutting, dancing, etc. Pre-wedding planning was very simple with his website for song selections, timelines, and all-around planning. What was very important in my vendor selection for my wedding was that I didn't want any "robots" just doing their job. I wanted real people with real hearts and for them to be invested in my wedding. I feel like Jim could have been my very own uncle DJ'ing my wedding. He really cared about us, was extremely responsive and helped ease all my neurotic tendencies.

If you are extremely particular about what you want and need a DJ to be part of your wedding solution without any tendency to create any problems then you MUST make Jim and A DJ with Class your wedding DJ.

Top notch, the best,...I can't say enough.

Sent on 11/18/2019

A Dj With Class's reply:

Jesse Thank you so much! I am truly humbled and so appreciate your kind words! You truly chose a great team of professionals who did like all great teams do. Work together to make every couples dreams come true. Rachel from Idew weddings and Matt & Fallon from Matt Steeves photography are great professionals and I really enjoy working with because they always do an awesome job! I am sure I speak for them when I say Thank you and we all wish you and Melissa all the best! Jim
  • Julie

Julie Furrer · Married on 10/13/2019

The best of the best

From the minute we sent in an email inquiry for our wedding, Jim was nothing but an absolute CLASS ACT! He took the time to put together the perfect package for us and made sure every detail was to our liking - checking in numerous times prior to the event. The entire process from beginning to end was smooth & to the point. A big highlight of the night was when he created the most magical first dance moment ever - dancing on clouds. I personally am in the Event Directing industry, so I hold very high standards in regards to overall performance & energy. Jim exceeded our expectations and more! Not only did he deliver the most epic party of the year but he kept our guests talking about it for weeks after. Literally... the are STILL mentioning it! Jim is not only a great DJ, but is an all around awesome guy who is personable and organized. 11 out of 10 stars for A DJ WITH CLASS!

Sent on 10/21/2019

A Dj With Class's reply:

Wow Julie! I am truly humbled by your kind words. I so appreciate you and Joe putting your faith and trust in me for your special day! Your wedding was beautiful and I am beyond happy you and your guest had such a great time. Thank you for being such an awesome bride!! Congrats again to you and joe.
  • Madison

Madison Groenings · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Decision, Jim and his team are incredible!!!!

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I cannot recommend Jim and his team enough. RUN DO NOT WALK TO SECURE JIM!! This team is unbelievably organized, experienced and put on an incredible party. I was planning our wedding from out of state and Jim made sure to actively communicate with me, went out of his way to meet with me when I was in town and handled all last minute changes like a champ! On my wedding day I was able to really focus on taking everything in and being with family, I knew that he had everything set and I didn't have to worry about a single thing. When I say the dance floor was packed all night, I really mean ALL NIGHT! He took my suggestions and went above and beyond to make our wedding the best night of our lives. He has been in the business for DECADES and is a complete professional. Music was the most important aspect of our reception, Jim really exceeded my expectations. My only wish is that I can go back in time and relive it all!! Thank you Jim, you are a rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

A Dj With Class's reply:

Thank you so much Madison! You are right your wedding was awesome and tons of fun. I wish you and Kevin all the best and stay warm! Boston is a lot colder than Florida and Texas!

Emily · Married on 09/01/2019

Great DJ and very responsive

I worked mostly with Jim in planning. He was super responsive and would call anytime I had a question. He walked me through everything and suggested ideas. He coordinated with all of my vendors on timelines so I didn't have to worry. Mark was our actual DJ and he was awesome. He was easy going and went with the flow when we had to change some things. A great DJ can really make or break your party and he was absolutely made it. I had a great time. Everyone was dancing. They're also pretty affordable.

Sent on 09/06/2019

JOAN FILORAMO · Married on 08/31/2019

The Perfect DJ`

Mr. Dahlia was beyond professional and helpful. He really pulled the whole wedding together. The tools he had and his constant communication helped us choose the perfect songs for events and he matched the atmosphere with his own choices flawlessly. A month later, we are still being commended for the fun time people had and that was largely in part to A DJ with Class. We will definitely use A DJ with Class for any future events we host.

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Marita

Ricardo · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing DJ!

Jim was so amazing for our wedding! Our wedding was fully bilingual and he brought in Giovanni to come and translate any part of the wedding we asked to be bilingual. They were both helpful and professional. Here’s a breakdown of how A DJ With Class worked with us:

Jim met with us early on in our wedding planning process and we were able to do a walk through of how the ceremony would flow and transition into the reception time. He was helpful because of his extensive experience with weddings. Jim was courteous and patient with us.

Jim’s website was incredibly helpful and detailed. It breaks down every part before the ceremony, the ceremony itself, cocktail hour, and reception. He has a large library of music and even if he doesn’t have what you’re looking for, he will acquire it. All you need to do is fill out the form with the songs you desire and pick them out all on his website.

Day of wedding, he set up his sound in the hall for the ceremony as well as the reception area. The groom was miced so the groom and bride could be heard by the audience. The mic was completely hidden and out of sight.

Jim played the perfect kind of jazzy music during cocktail hour.

For the reception, he did a great job of being enthusiastic in introducing the whole wedding party. He played all the right songs we selected for each entrance. From there it was a smooth transition to the first dance. From there on it was smooth sailing. He played songs that were fun to dance to and hosted the games very well.

All in all it was worth every penny and we were at ease the whole time. We honestly had so much fun and would not want to stop dancing to all the songs. He made sure we felt comfortable and that our families were having a great time.

Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/15/2019

Lisa Dundee

Jim was AMAZING! He was able to keep the dance floor full all night long! Jim was so helpful when planning and a great communicator! We picked out every song that we wanted played. Jim did his best to get as many in as possible. He is so thorough and professional! Not only did he make our reception music perfect, he also did a beautiful job on my ceremony music. Jim had great ideas and everybody was talking about how awesome he was. We highly recommend A DJ with Class for whatever event you may have. Thank you so much for making our day so special.
    Love- The Dundee’s

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent!

Jim was amazing to work with! He helped so much with planning the whole evening. He was even flexible with day of changes. He is so friendly and makes sure your wedding is exactly how you want it! The music was perfect and the guests had an amazing time! We loved having him be a part of our big day!

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey · Married on 05/17/2019

Jim from A DJ with Class WOW!

We had so many complements about the work Jim did for our wedding. He kept the party alive and jumping for over 2 and a half hours! We relied on his expertise to curate the perfect mix for dancing for our guests and boy did he deliver! We added the additional up lighting and it was the cherry on top! The room looked BEAUTIFUL. His portal is easy to use and he is very responsive and takes the time to get to know you as a couple! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Steve

Steve Plymire · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely the best ever!

Jim is a consummate professional. His process for assisting us, not only the night of reception, but all the details leading up to our wedding was amazing. He takes all the stress out of the day. Regarding our reception, Jim is ahead of the class in becoming an emcee and making it a fun night for everyone. The dance floor was never empty the entire night and many of our guests said it was one of the best receptions they have ever attended. Diane and I owe much of the success of the evening to Jim. Thanks Jim. We really appreciated you being a part of our special day!!

Sent on 04/27/2019

A Dj With Class's reply:

Thank you so much Steve. I really appreciate the kind words. You and Diane have an awesome family and great group of friends. it was so much fun with all of you. I wish you and Diane the very best. thank you so much for letting me be part of your special day.
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 04/14/2019

Had our guests on their feet all night!

Working with Jim Dalia, A DJ With Class, was a pleasure. We hit it off from the first phone call and I knew I found the right fit. Let's break this down:

The planning process: I didn't think this would be fun, but it really was! Their website allows you to search music, get suggestions, make your do and do not play list, and let's your guests make requests in advance (with veto rights). Jim was also extremely helpful in helping us decide on what type of music and tone we wanted for each part of the evening.

The Ceremony Audio: We decided to get married on the beach in Naples, FL. Romantic? Yes! Practical? Not at all! We didn't want out vows getting lost in the wind and waves and Jim knew exactly what to do. You can't see and equipment in our pictures, but our guests heard every word clearly and the music had our guests lost in the moment.

The Music Selection: Neither my husband nor I are music experts, so we weren't sure exactly what we wanted to hear for different parts of the evening. We described the vision and feel we wanted and Jim set it all to music beautifully.

The Guests: We had a 50 person wedding, so I feared that if 20 guests were sitting the whole time, we'd have a pretty empty dance floor. These fears were clearly foolish because Jim had everyone up and dancing all night. He took requests, but weaved them in perfectly so no one wanted to leave the dance floor. He directed the tempo and energy for the evening without it being heavy handed or choreographed.

He really went above and beyond and we had so much fun working with him!

Sent on 04/21/2019

A Dj With Class's reply:

Wow thank you so much Megan it was such a pleasure to work with you guys and it was so great to see you guys enjoy yourself with your family and friends

congratulations and I wish you guys many many years of health and happiness !
  • Hanna

Hanna Sutton · Married on 04/13/2019

A DJ With Class Indeed

Jim was phenomenal to work with! Being so inexperienced myself with weddings, his VAST experience and knowledge of the wedding business in the area was invaluable. He was always quick to respond to e-mails, would offer input where appropriate, but would also take all of our suggestions and concerns into consideration. Jim is clearly an absolute pro at this and knows what he's doing. He makes sure to capture the vibe that you are going for by getting to know you and the types of guests that will be attending. I would recommend Jim in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea and Ryan Gleason · Married on 04/05/2019

The best dj in southwest florida!

Jim did such an amazing job with our wedding from the ceremony to the reception! Not only did he have the dance floor rocking all night long, but he had a variety of music to please the entire crowd! There isn’t one thing we would have changed! Thank you so much Jim for making our wedding night such a blast!!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget Bubar · Married on 03/23/2019

An actual DJ with class!

I just want to take a minute to thank Jim from A DJ with Class for being such a perfect DJ at our wedding. Start to finish, Jim was there to answer any and all questions. He helped with so much more than music, including multiple phone calls where he helped consult regarding how the day would flow and created a minute to minute timeline for us to keep us on track. We had a wedding at my parents house which meant no ‘venue’ coordinator and Jim stepped right up and used his expertise to make the night perfect. He helped me choose songs/themes for each part of the night (pro tip - take ALL of his advice re:music and timelines!). The equipment was perfect too, and he made sure that all were heard - including our officiant, toasts, vows, etc. The whole night went off without a hitch and I give Jim a lot of credit for that! On top of that, Jim knows how to read a crowd and kept people on the dance floor all night with his song selections (seriously, we had a tough crowd, I don’t know how he did it!). What a wonderful night. Very professional and excellent at what he does. Highly recommended. Thank you Jim!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Mel · Married on 02/09/2019

Great personality

Jim is great at what he does, kept the wedding agenda on schedule, work hand-in-hand with the wedding coordinator for a smooth running event. We had a diverse age group and he kept everybody on the dance floor

Sent on 02/13/2019

Debra · Married on 02/02/2019

High Energy DJ

Jim was an absolute delight to work with! It was like having a second wedding day coordinator! He provided us with a detailed timeline of our wedding day, taking away any questions of what was going to happen throughout the day. Jim was on time, professional, full of energy and made our reception a blast! He played the perfect songs at the right times so the dance floor was never empty! We would absolutely recommend Jim and his team to anyone

Sent on 02/10/2019

Kat · Married on 02/02/2019

Mark kept guests on the dance floor all night!

Mark with A DJ With Class provided the music and mic set up for our outdoor ceremony as well as the lighting and music for our reception/cocktail hour. Everything was perfect! We requested some songs that weren't readily available in their EXTENSIVE music library and it wasn't a problem. The energy for the whole night was exactly what we were looking for - upbeat, engaging, but not distracting in any way. People were on the dance the entire night. We couldn't ask for more. I can't recommend Mark and A DJ With Class enough!

Sent on 02/13/2019

Sara · Married on 01/04/2019

AWESOME & great ability to keep things going!

Jim was such a big help for us being from Michigan and having a destination wedding! He made is so much easier and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! You will not be disappointed if you pick a DJ with Class. 😊

Sent on 01/05/2019

Megan Longo · Married on 12/07/2018

5-star experience!

Jim Dalia with A DJ With Class was amazing! He kept our guests engaged and was always available during our planning process. I would absolutely recommend him as your event DJ!

Sent on 12/12/2018