A Niagara Falls honeymoon is a great choice for couples who love the outdoors and want a trip that’s filled with scenery and natural beauty. The town of Niagara is nestled along the Horseshoe Falls, one of three waterfalls that make up the iconic Niagara Falls. Filled with year round excitement, breathtaking backdrops and tons of romantic settings, a Niagara Falls honeymoon is a dream location for active couples.
Couples who’re looking for a destination that’s filled with romance and adventure should definitely opt for a Niagara Falls honeymoon.
When to Go
Niagara Falls lies on the Canada/US border between Ontario and New York. The falls are open all year, but the most popular tourist season — and perfect time for a Niagara Falls honeymoon — is in July and August. During these months, the temperatures are usually within the mid to high 70s. Late May to June and September to early October, the weather is still nice but there are a lot less tourists.
Winter temperatures drop to the low 30s, but some of the attractions and outdoor events are closed for the season, limiting your tourism options.
Top Sights and Activities
- Niagara Helicopter Tours: Enjoy a breathtaking view of the three falls and area while hovering above in a helicopter bus.
- Niagara Boat Tours: A Niagara Falls honeymoon must: Take a tour along the river to enjoy a closer view of the falls and scenery surrounding the falls.
- Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Theatre: Celebrate everything Canadian while dining on a mouthwatering meal and watching a musical show that celebrates Canada.
- Botanical Gardens: Take a romantic stroll through the beautiful gardens to enjoy the regions breathtaking horticulture.
- Bird Kingdom: Check out the World’s largest free flying aviary to admire and interact with numerous exotic birds, animals and reptiles.
- Niagara SkyWheel: Enjoy a beautiful bird’s eye view of both the Horseshoe and American Falls in comfortable, temperature regulated gondola style seats.
- Nightmares Fear Factory: For couples who want a good scare on their Niagara Falls honeymoon, this is the most frightening attraction in North America.
- Skylon Tower Observation: Observe the falls from the tallest entertainment structure in North America while dining in one of two restaurants.
- Behind the Falls Tours: See the water cascading down from the other side while enjoying a tour through the tunnels behind the falls.
- Old Fort Erie: Step back in time to 1812 and watch a live reenactment of the bloodiest battlefield in Canadian History.
- Whirlpool Aero Car: Enjoy a unique ride while enjoying a spectacular view of the falls in this cable car.